Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Second half is pretty fucking stupid.
View Quote
Yep

They could have maintained kickassedness instead of that BS
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It started off awesome, but I hate how they wandered away from the angle they took to start it.
Still a good movie, but very disappointing.
Hopefully 3 is better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked both mucho .
Of course there are some parts that could've been better .
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) - Cartel Kidnapping Scene (5/10) | Movieclips

Sicario 2 convoy ambush (1080p 60fps smooth)

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) - Kill 'Em All Scene (9/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It is difficult to do a good sequel; I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely better than many sequels but not as good as the first
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
It's better simply because no Emily Blunt.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I can still recall certain scenes of the first one......it is a solid 4-4.5 star movie(5 star scale).

Second one was a letdown, I really dont remember what it was about.......I recall maybe the government double crossing Benicio maybe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
100 percent this
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Honest question, what percentage of carbine collapsable buttstocks would remain functional after delivering a blow to a human skull at full force?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Sicario sequel, totally overrated movie, what a tragic waste of potential.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Emily Blunt is a major SJW and hates America
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can still recall certain scenes of the first one......it is a solid 4-4.5 star movie(5 star scale).

Second one was a letdown, I really dont remember what it was about.......I recall maybe the government double crossing Benicio maybe.
View Quote
this is how i approach movie ratings.  the best movies have us quoting and recalling scenes for 50 years.  if i don't remember it after a year or two, it was usually pretty mediocre.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sicario sequel, totally overrated movie, what a tragic waste of potential.
View Quote
This. Goes from covert CIA war against the cartels to a movie about two kids I don’t give a shit about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Emily Blunt is a major SJW and hates America
View Quote
Her character in the first movie was ideal.

She played an Affirmative Action queen, who along with her best friend 'Spartacus', had been promoted well beyond their competency to the point they were good for nothing more than use as patsies.... and they were both too stupid and blinded by their own inept SJW arrogance to see it coming.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Second half is pretty fucking stupid.
View Quote
The ending is very fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, it's not. Lethal Weapon 2 was better than Lethal Weapon. Die Hard 2 was better than Die Hard. Magnum Force was better than Dirty Harry. Aliens was much, much better than Alien. As others have already mentioned, the first half of Sicario Day of the Soldado was good, but, the second half of the movie sucked royally.  

SPOILER ALERT
That stupid, irrelevant subplot of the Mexican alien smuggling organization and especially that scumbag teenage alien smuggler was boring and had nothing to do with the main story. Instead of coming back at the end and offering to "train" the punk, he should have come back and terminated him for attempting to execute him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Technically the 2nd one isn't a direct sequel. It's a standalone. The "Sicario" series is supposed to be an anthology like MI using the same characters but each movie not connected to the previous. The original name for the 2nd was Soldado with no mention of Sicario.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Got em both on 4K for Christmas....both great movies.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honest question, what percentage of carbine collapsable buttstocks would remain functional after delivering a blow to a human skull at full force?
View Quote
This was actually a common discussion topic here back in '08.... You don't remember those threads?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This. Goes from covert CIA war against the cartels to a movie about two kids I don’t give a shit about.
View Quote
Yup pretty much. It was a good movie but I could have done without most of the second half.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No, it's not. Lethal Weapon 2 was better than Lethal Weapon. Die Hard 2 was better than Die Hard. Magnum Force was better than Dirty Harry. Aliens was much, much better than Alien. As others have already mentioned, the first half of Sicario Day of the Soldado was good, but, the second half of the movie sucked royally.  

SPOILER ALERT
That stupid, irrelevant subplot of the Mexican alien smuggling organization and especially that scumbag teenage alien smuggler was boring and had nothing to do with the main story. Instead of coming back at the end and offering to "train" the punk, he should have come back and terminated him for attempting to execute him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPOILER ALERT
Apparently it is, since most all sequels do in fact suck. That you can name a few that don’t, doesn’t negate that. Especially when compared against their originals. There’s a litany of reasons why sequels are predisposed to being lesser than their originals, but the fact remains that those few exceptions only serve to prove the rule.

ETA your list didn’t include Terminator or Toy Story. It should.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Honestly it was pretty weak compared to the first film.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Honestly it was pretty weak compared to the first film.
View Quote
This, saw both, for the first time, last week.  Second one was barely watchable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I liked both.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
The sequel was ok on its own merits I guess, but was a shadow of Sicario, which was an awesome movie. And it wasn’t for its action, though what it had was intense and brutal. To me Sicario was awesome for its soundtrack, cinematography, and overall bleak and dark ambiance. It felt like stepping into a truly hopeless alien environment where down was up, and evil was ever encroaching. The sequel mostly replaced that with more generic action scenes.

The first reminded me of Wind River, the second reminded me of like, Taken 3.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I liked both but the first gave a sense of closure. Hopefully the third movie does the same. Del Toro, Brolin and Donovan have a good chemistry together, which makes the film work.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lethal Weapon 2 was better than Lethal Weapon. Die Hard 2 was better than Die Hard.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#32]
If you dig it, rock on.

I thought it was missing a lot of the elements that made the first one a classic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I read reviews of it here when it first came out and it convinced me no to watch it.  Then I decided, fuck it, one day and bought the blue ray.  I liked it just as much as the first one.  And I loved that it was such a different story than the first yet played off of the firsts story.

That's when I realized that GD has horrible taste in movies and cant be trusted.

Hell, they didnt even like Pearl Harbor and that movie had me in tears at the end!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#34]
its pretty much a bridge movie

its setting up movie 3
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
its pretty much a bridge movie

its setting up movie 3
View Quote
2 Fast 2 Sicario?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I think SDOTS is good but it omits the part of the story where Alejandro crosses back into the US after his ordeal. We know he's cool and can do stuff but we're forced to use our imaginations when it comes to how he got home.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Always thought this part was poorly written. The drones sees jack and next thing they are taking rockets.
CIA guy trying to look through his windshield with a thermal camera, who was the idiot that allowed that in the movie
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Always thought this part was poorly written. The drones sees jack and next thing they are taking rockets.
CIA guy trying to look through his windshield with a thermal camera, who was the idiot that allowed that in the movie
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Or the little puffs of dirt all around the girl when she's under the HMMV and sliding out. They don't match with the dialogue and sounds of the gunfight.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

2 Fast 2 Sicario?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I read reviews of it here when it first came out and it convinced me no to watch it.  Then I decided, fuck it, one day and bought the blue ray.  I liked it just as much as the first one.  And I loved that it was such a different story than the first yet played off of the firsts story.

That's when I realized that GD has horrible taste in movies and cant be trusted.

Hell, they didnt even like Pearl Harbor and that movie had me in tears at the end!
View Quote
This has to be a troll post.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Put me in the I like both camp.

Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
That scene reminds me of one our guys who was ambushed in front of our embassy in Peru many years ago.   He was in an armored car, and his wife was in the front seat and Shining Path terrorists dumped about six AK mags into his car, with the windows cracking, but holding.  He knew what was going on, but his wife thought the glass was failing and freaked out.  She was never quite right after that incident.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First was better.
Yup
Yup
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I can rewatch Sicario. The sequel is ok but I can’t say the same for it. They explored Alejandro’s character too soon. That’s like the chick that puts out twice in the first two dates - she’s fun but you know it’s not her first rodeo and shouldn’t let it get serious.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think SDOTS is good but it omits the part of the story where Alejandro crosses back into the US after his ordeal. We know he's cool and can do stuff but we're forced to use our imaginations when it comes to how he got home.
View Quote
Cuz people never cross the border illegally right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
100 percent this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
100 percent this
You’re blaming the actor.....blame the writers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Same guy that murdered two cartel leaders kids & wife without blinking an eye risks EVERYTHING to save a cartel leaders kid.
Didn’t make any sense.
Shit movie and James Brolin sunburnt his taint with the latest fadsters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This. Same guy that murdered two cartel leaders kids & wife without blinking an eye risks EVERYTHING to save a cartel leaders kid.
Didn’t make any sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t make any sense.
Makes perfect sense. He has a soft spot for anyone that reminds him of his daughter
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
You had me til Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I agree. I liked it a lot. It was held to an unrealistic expectation, but if you peel back the story a bit I really think it's the more compelling story of the two.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top