Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/30/2020 8:15:49 AM EDT
https://youtu.be/paWbUs93hmM

It looks like China now has its own version of California's Oroville Dam Crisis with the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangze River. It has been raining quite a bit the last few days/weeks causing massive flooding on the river, especially when combined with the kind of massive water releases, some of them not publicized very well, if at all.

In addition to the fake gold fraud, and the Corona Virus, we now have up to 400 million Chinese under flood threat. Finally, one of the major cities that would be impacted if the dam fails would be Wuhan, yeah, THAT WUHAN. A sort of great washing away scenario in the spiritual sense perhaps?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope they have live streams when it breaks.

For science. You know?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's see how they try to cover this one up. They have been in denial about the dam for a few weeks now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Chinamart
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
“Some day, a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.’
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's see how they try to cover this one up. They have been in denial about the dam for a few weeks now.
View Quote

They will simply say Trump sent the CIA to destroy the dam.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Fake gold fraud?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

we all wish ... I also take my apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese .....
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

By they, do you mean Nancy and the Democrats?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fake gold fraud?
View Quote

Oh hey, did you want to buy a gold bar?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]
WWZ was non-fiction
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#12]
china is assahole
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Did the big thread disappear?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I have heard stories for years about the shoddy manufacturing practices and corners cut during the construction of that dam.  Funny part is that Wuhan is downstream of that potential disaster.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#15]
China says those photos are fake. It's a "photo pixelation problem."
It's all safe. Back to work.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hope they have live streams when it breaks.

For science. You know?
View Quote

Live streams, get it?  Ha!

I hope they have full HD streaming, in all its beautiful destructive glory.

Huge, roaring, 24x7 live streaming.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Let it flood. If it goes saw a prediction that the number of people "impacted" will be approximately 75% of what the US population is. A 1,000 mile wide Katrina they called it. I think impact is code word for wiped off the map. I'd be heartbroken for 5 seconds, maybe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe we should. How much damage would that cause exactly?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I’m as big an asshole as you’ll find on this site and I hate china as much as the next guy, but as a heathen raised by real Christians, I’m really not going to cheer if millions of people are killed and millions more suffer if that commie built dam breaks.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I assume this would be a strategic military target no?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I assume this would be a strategic military target no?
View Quote

For multiple nation states, yes.

And from what I've seen of the PRC and the way they do things, I'm sure that they have a plan in place to take it down themselves if they decide its necessary.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just count it as karma payback and them they still won’t be even for all the shit they have purposely charged. Hell we have a thread in team where the OP has been indoctrinated by a freakin teenager after taking him into his home after the POS was kicked out of school.  The thread started as almost an opportunity to show the little commie shit the error of his thinking but has backfired bigly with OP now going to bat for him while him and his wife, house and feed him....  

I had to stop reading at that point. I don’t suffer from high BP but would if I stayed in that thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m as big an asshole as you’ll find on this site and I hate china as much as the next guy, but as a heathen raised by real Christians, I’m really not going to cheer if millions of people are killed and millions more suffer if that commie built dam breaks.

View Quote

They would cheer for our deaths. Turn the other cheek only goes so far....
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Live streams, get it?  Ha!

I hope they have full HD streaming, in all its beautiful destructive glory.

Huge, roaring, 24x7 live streaming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pictures online show how the day has already shifted.  China basically said it was part of the design and building process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have heard stories for years about the shoddy manufacturing practices and corners cut during the construction of that dam.  Funny part is that Wuhan is downstream of that potential disaster.

Pictures online show how the day has already shifted.  China basically said it was part of the design and building process.

It's like the car dealers when they used to say:  "They're all like that".  
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

The CCP deserves to die in a fire, but the Chinese are their prisoners. It would easily be the worst disaster in human history.

Building a dam in a super-silty river with 100m+ people downstream was hubris within hubris.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quite literally Biblical level shit. Every river downstream is already at flood level, so the terrain won’t absorb the flood. It’s not going to happen, but right now would be a worst case type scenario.

Within hours, some 50 a 100 million souls will be discovering what lies beyond.

By the end of the day, approximately 200 million dead.

All the way to Shanghai bridges, roads, railways, power stations, not there or crippled.

Within 2 weeks, another 20 - 40 million dead.

China is asshole, but not even an asshole deserves to get screwed that hard.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#31]
The "shifting" in the photos IS an image rendering issue with satellite photos.  The fact that other nearby masses suffer the same distortion is a clue.

Any outlets relying on that photo as evidence are propagandizing.

However, that is not to say the dam is without faults.  We know the construction project was corrupt as hell.  That satellite image, however, is bunk.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you also like a COKE with that sir?

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those pictures really are just distorted images.  Fairly common in satellite images and you can see plenty of other distorted things in that same area.
There's no way the dam moved that much and is still standing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#34]
China is ass
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't understand why people here are cheering on the potential death of tens of millions of people.  It really comes across like a bunch of people on here are psychopaths.  It's a pretty bad look for the community, if I'm honest.

I also don't understand how the dam would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Its made of the finest chinesium in the land, what do you expect. Im sure construction was half assed, and sub par materials were used.

Chinese construction/factories have a bad habit of down grading specs/materials and pocketing the profits.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Is this news, or does it happen every year?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't equate the average Chinese citizen with the Chinese government.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't understand why people here are cheering on the potential death of tens of millions of people.  It really comes across like a bunch of people on here are psychopaths.  It's a pretty bad look for the community, if I'm honest.

I also don't understand how the damn would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.
View Quote

Exactly
Typical GD.
Fail to realize that the millions of deaths will just be human beings trying to live life just like we do. Just under more difficult conditions with the great majority wishing they had something better.
It’s not going to be the evil communist leadership there that dies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quite literally Biblical level shit. Every river downstream is already at flood level, so the terrain won’t absorb the flood. It’s not going to happen, but right now would be a worst case type scenario.

All the way to Shanghai bridges, roads, railways, power stations, not there or crippled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yangtze river valley produces a huge percentage of the world's goods too. Perhaps the most industrialized river in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangtze

The prosperous Yangtze River Delta generates as much as 20% of the PRC's GDP.

That would be ~$2.7 trillion, roughly equal to France or Britain's GDP. Given that GDP, manufacturing output is probably ~$700 billion, which would be similar to all of Germany.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/paWbUs93hmM

It looks like China now has its own version of California's Oroville Dam Crisis with the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangze River. It has been raining quite a bit the last few days/weeks causing massive flooding on the river, especially when combined with the kind of massive water releases, some of them not publicized very well, if at all.

In addition to the fake gold fraud, and the Corona Virus, we now have up to 400 million Chinese under flood threat. Finally, one of the major cities that would be impacted if the dam fails would be Wuhan, yeah, THAT WUHAN. A sort of great washing away scenario in the spiritual sense perhaps?
View Quote

I've always thought that dam had the potential for a huge catastrophe on a scale that humans can rarely cause.   If that goes, and especially if it goes during a flood the damage is going to be huge.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Every dam contains a certain level of risk.  There are thousands of earthen dams in the US that are at risk right now, many of which are not even being maintained.  We are overdue for a major push to repair and improve our infrastructure, including dams and bridges.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m more interested to see how this catastrophe, should it come to pass, will be spun as the result of the Trump presidency and systemic racism in America.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I also don't understand how the damn would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.
View Quote

Its schadenfreude, brought on my the problems caused by the kung flu as well as some really bone headed moves on the part of the ccp.  Its not right, but its human nature and its not so best.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't drink Coke but I think I'll grab a six pack just in case.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#48]
China needs a cleansing anyways
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Exactly
Typical GD.
Fail to realize that the millions of deaths will just be human beings trying to live life just like we do. Just under more difficult conditions with the great majority wishing they had something better.
It’s not going to be the evil communist leadership there that dies.
View Quote

Given the history of China and the Yangtze, if the dam did break the leadership would lose "The mandate of Heaven" and likely not be long for this world.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’m more interested to see how this catastrophe, should it come to pass, will be spun as the result of the Trump presidency and systemic racism in America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[CNN] Trumps tariffs took away the money China was going to use to fix the dam and other critical infrastructure [/CNN]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top