Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/15/2020 11:23:25 AM EDT
The National Museum of African American History & Culture wants to make you aware of certain signs of Whiteness: rugged individualism, hard work, objectivity, the nuclear family, progress, respect for authority, delayed gratification, and more.

As if these aspirations are amoral, divisive, and oppressive.  Reads more like "Keys to Success: How to Live Your Best Life and Raise a Happy Family."

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I kept nodding until I got to the end and then I was like "oh this is supposed to be negative?"
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
"bland is best"?

This person clearly has not had good European based food.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Apparently being a good person is “white” and morally wrong now
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Gee, the majority of these sound like good ideas.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
So, 2+2 does indeed equal 5?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
TL;DR

Annex Canada.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Lol. The more they try to define it, the more I laugh.  It’s all grasping.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, with some errors it does sum up the positive qualities of the white culture.

18Z50....average representation of the modern Native American Warrior.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
They can go ahead a choke on a fucking cock.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF is wrong with people?  How are those things bad?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I want you to image how long you would last if you published something like this about black people.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Virtually every one of those is something I strive for. Fuck anyone who says different.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, for a moment I thought the title said White Castle. Thought maybe they were finally getting some respect.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
This is the poorest attempt at promoting Marxism I've seen yet. The list DOES read like a plan on how to live your best life, lol.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Hahahahahahahahahaha, let me catch my breath, hahahahahahahaha.  What is "Blackness" I wonder?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I really enjoy being white.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#19]
That makes me wonder what skin color I really am.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#20]
i like how they intentionally displayed the flag incorrectly
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, huh.  That sounds just like Western Civilization, to me.  So, if that's 'white' culture, what exactly is 'black' culture?

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]
So all the commies are just rebelling against whiteness
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I kept nodding until I got to the end and then I was like "oh this is supposed to be negative?"
View Quote

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. The traits on that list are why there is western civilization. Life-saving medical technology, understanding of how atoms work, hydroelectric power, skyscrapers, bridges over chasms, the internet, going from not being able to fly to having robots that can explore another planet by themselves for years on end in less than 100 years. And it has absolutely nothing at all to do with being white. Every successful culture embodies the same traits. I'd imagine the Japanese, for a singular example, adhere to and surpass many things on that list in terms of effort.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Communist BLM based.

The mirror of all these factors is a debased, corrupt, ahistorical culture,
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#25]
The irony is that if I remade this, and took the inverse of everything written there. And applied it to black culture.  It would be an incredibly racist document. Painting their entire race as monsters.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#26]
so... where is the graphic showing aspects & assumptions of blackness & black culture?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#27]
SJWs: "White people are homoegenous!"
"Are you saying the Italians and the Swedish are homogeneous with no differences?"
SJWs: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#28]
How can the idea of thinking up and printing such a list not be racist?

I guess its only racist if one tells the truth about "people of color,"  which by the way is a made up liberal term in the vein of assault weapon or gun violence.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#29]
The blacks that I know would agree with virtually all of those.  (Except that part about Barbie).
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, when it got to 2.3 children all I thought was

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#31]
whats the gate traffic at that museum when public schools are closed?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. The traits on that list are why there is western civilization. Life-saving medical technology, understanding of how atoms work, hydroelectric power, skyscrapers, bridges over chasms, the internet, going from not being able to fly to having robots that can explore another planet by themselves for years on end in less than 100 years. And it has absolutely nothing at all to do with being white. Every successful culture embodies the same traits. I'd imagine the Japanese, for a singular example, adhere to and surpass many things on that list in terms of effort.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not really

individualism is looked down upon and it's extremely hierarchical

their work culture is extremely toxic and it doesn't drive innovation
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#33]
What describes "blackness" then?
Rape, Murder, Arson, and Rape?

The black culture sucks and I'm tired of pretending that it doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Delete

Duplicate.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Racism is alive today, because white liberal guilt throws wood into it, every fucking day.
If putting people down for racial stereotypes is okay for a higher caste (the lefty special victim prefix groups), the lower castes (Ex: straight white males, females that disagree with post-birth abortion, and apparently Terry Crews and any non-dem voting minority) might end up dabble in it as they think it's acceptable behavior.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Other than the "Majority Rule" line I don't see anything wrong with this guide and is a good summary for how all humans regardless of race or ethnicity should strive to live their lives.

FWIW keep in mind if you to the opposite of each statement and replaced white with black you would be racist.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Majority rules? Really? Last I checked, founders went out of their way to establish an electoral college to help prevent tyranny of the majority.

Creator of that list can fuck off.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Does every race have a Sheet like this?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Other than the "Majority Rule" line I don't see anything wrong with and is a good summary for humans regardless of race or ethnicity should strive to live their lives.
View Quote

The problem is they are trying to argue that the list above isn't valid, in that people shouldn't be living in that way. It is the "White culture" that has pushed these falsehoods on others and that we need to accept their bull shit culture of slacking off, harming others, raping individuals, etc etc.

If an individual is polite, it is a "negative" thing as it is a "white" thing and not something that should be happening with all people of all walks of life.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Individualism is racist...

That's a scapegoat for laziness.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File

Like a big fucking joke
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I could say a lot.

But I'll be polite and not discuss my personal life or emotions since I think bland is best.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag to wait for the resident psuedo-intells to pompously explain why all of that shit is bad.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The National Museum of African American History & Culture publish such a guide on "Blackness".
View Quote

Seriously.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#45]
LOL

yep, following most of those things will eventually lead to stuff like this:

I also find it hilarious as hell in a "Bigotry of low expectations" way that they think that only white people are capable of behaving this way. They are way more racist themselves than the racists they are supposedly fighting...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The National Museum of African American History & Culture publish such a guide on "Blackness".
View Quote

It's implied everything would be 180 out from that.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also based on individualism vs collectivism. Not surprisingly, most from Europe align with individualism and those from countries still shitting in their drinking water favor collectivism.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"bland is best"?

This person clearly has not had good European based food.
View Quote

Especially in America where we take bits and pieces of multiple cultures.

That's why we have such "diverse" food and restaurant options here which is an anomaly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is racist when we do it tho.

Skimmed it and my first thought was "who copy/pasta from stormfront". Sad that even I am conditioned to assume that anything that paints European/white culture in a positive light is rooted in 88er literature.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#50]
there's a lot that is incorrect in that poster.

Bland food sucks.  good steak does not have to be bland.

but nothing in that list is negative.  I must be so racist that I cannot comprehend the evils it is portraying.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top