Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/18/2021 9:10:29 AM EDT
The hotrod touches down then. Here is how to watch it land:

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-watch-nasas-perseverance-mars-rover-landing/?fbclid=IwAR1mnMHUe7Oi830xXONv36Jg4dFgzy3unhhl3Or1SKU9ezeabc1IBjPcofA

Pretty sure they are all prepared to "find" stuff on this one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-watch-nasas-perseverance-mars-rover-landing/?fbclid=IwAR1mnMHUe7Oi830xXONv36Jg4dFgzy3unhhl3Or1SKU9ezeabc1IBjPcofA

View Quote
I'm pretty sure that is how SPECIES started.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
We know.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
It will find a new covid strain with interstellar transmission capabilities.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will find a new covid strain with interstellar transmission capabilities.
View Quote

I'm ready

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't doubt at all that there was and possibly still is life on mars.  I think they found it with Viking and glossed over it / covered it up simply because the religious could not stand the thought of not being the center of the universe.  Pretty much the same reason Galileo was strong armed by the Catholic Church over his figuring out how the solar system worked.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Bacteria is life on Mars, but a heartbeat isn't life on Earth?  -Tom MacDonald

Savage
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
With all the fake media these days I hope they dont decide to follow along because everyone is getting away with it with no repercussions..
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mars Coke rover discovers Dasani on martian surface

Attachment Attached File

"The Real Rover's instruments found signs that cool, refreshing Dasani once drenched the surface of the Red Planet," said Dr. Marvin Chen, NASA space-science administrator and temporary liaison to Coca-Cola. "This discovery is so exciting, because it indicates that the Red Planet may have once hosted a healthy, active, fun-filled microscopic life. You see, Dasani would have been as vital to Martian lifeforms as it is to their terrestrial counterparts."

The Real Rover's March 19 launch marked the culmination of a two-year project designed by NASA and funded in part by a $400 million grant from the Coca-Cola corporation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Savage
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't doubt at all that there was and possibly still is life on mars.  I think they found it with Viking and glossed over it / covered it up simply because the religious could not stand the thought of not being the center of the universe.  Pretty much the same reason Galileo was strong armed by the Catholic Church over his figuring out how the solar system worked.

View Quote

This is likely more true than most would like to admit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I really don't care one way or the other as long as any life found there remains there.

But you wait, if some life is found the weenies in the white lab coats will want to bring it back to earth "to study it".

It will be a bad day to be human.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Protomolecule waiting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This Catholic Church.?...shirley you jest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They should have taken your keyboard away.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did.  They said your statement was completely retarded.

You're proving my point.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We know.
View Quote

We do now...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#22]
In for the continual let downs
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Galileo was strong armed by the whole scientific community not just the Catholic Church.  In fact, before being censored the church consulted the leading "scientists" of the day.  They all scorned his ideas too.  Their based their opinions upon some non biblical ancient Greek writings too.  Scientific fervor is often as harmful than religious fervor.  I tend towards being religious.  God in the center of the universe, not me.  

Hints of life have been found and releases.  This is merely looking for it with improved technology.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Really guys... some of y’all can’t resist shitting all over any post that has anything to do with science

This is possibly the coolest thing since Gwyneth Paltrow invented that candle that smells like her pussy...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did.  They said your statement was completely retarded.

You're proving my point.

Your only point is to shit post.  If you're taking our exchanges seriously you have real mental problems. Seek real help.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif
Keep digging

i’d say you are digging the hole deeper. he’s not wrong.

blind religious faith like you exhibit proves his point. your posts support that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Another science vs God thread

How refreshing, I'm sure it won't turn into a huge shit show instantly like all the oth....fuck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Really guys... some of y’all can’t resist shitting all over any post that has anything to do with science
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Damnit guys, seriously?  Can we leave faith out of this?

Quit tarding shit up, Bible thumpers and athiests alike.  Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Galileo was strong armed by the whole scientific community not just the Catholic Church.  In fact, before being censored the church consulted the leading "scientists" of the day.  They all scorned his ideas too.  Their based their opinions upon some non biblical ancient Greek writings too.  Scientific fervor is often as harmful than religious fervor.  I tend towards being religious.  God in the center of the universe, not me.  

Hints of life have been found and releases.  This is merely looking for it with improved technology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only disagree with your post in that what you call "scientific fervor" is not correct.  Some scientists (job title) may exhibit fervor in their dogmatic ideas and oppose changing their minds, but a person who exhibits "scientific fervor" would follow the evidence to its conclusion and accept the results.  Science makes predictions based on data, uses experiments that proves, disproves, or can't determine either based on the results, then reports the experiment in detail so others can try it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol wut?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#34]
David Bowie – Life On Mars? (Official Video)
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looked to me like first shots fired in this thread didn't come from people of faith.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't know you, ask an adult family member. They'll help you out.
View Quote

Posits conspiracy theory and then rolls out elementary taunt.

Who says Aristotle’s rhetoric is dead?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF?

Potentially the coolest thread in GD this week and people are already shitting all over it?  

Several posters here deserve a single warning and then a timeout.

Bullshit like this gets really old.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Good Lord, this thread has rapidly devolved into "I know you are but what am I?"

Nick
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that is how SPECIES started.
View Quote

I'm hoping for Life Force
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Savage
View Quote

SAVAGE AF!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Mars exploration is a giant waste of money and the results are always boring as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Savage
View Quote

Bacteria's right to choose.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, because it's recorded in Greenland.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/5E247282-E613-4B2C-95D4-7982BBE1ED63_jpe-1830452.JPG

"The Real Rover's instruments found signs that cool, refreshing Dasani once drenched the surface of the Red Planet," said Dr. Marvin Chen, NASA space-science administrator and temporary liaison to Coca-Cola. "This discovery is so exciting, because it indicates that the Red Planet may have once hosted a healthy, active, fun-filled microscopic life. You see, Dasani would have been as vital to Martian lifeforms as it is to their terrestrial counterparts."

The Real Rover's March 19 launch marked the culmination of a two-year project designed by NASA and funded in part by a $400 million grant from the Coca-Cola corporation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/5E247282-E613-4B2C-95D4-7982BBE1ED63_jpe-1830452.JPG

Brought to you by Carl’s Junior
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#48]
In for sexy aliens with 3 bobs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm hoping for Life Force
View Quote

I wouldn't mind being in a Mathilda May/Natasha Henstridge sandwich...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah, because it's recorded in Greenland.....
View Quote

no no, its on a sound stage on a treadmill inside an airplane in the new mexico desert
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top