Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/11/2021 12:23:02 AM EDT
so what do I need to do to conceal the gun appendix? Trying to carry a G19 how should it be oriented? Just can't seem to carry it well. I am basically average size not a fatty but could lose 5 lbs. Strong side IWB the gun hides pretty well for me but I'd really like to figure out this aappendix thing. Using a comptac holster right now but I have used others more popular for appendix that also don't work out well for me. The side car thing seems to really not work for me...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Find a holster that works.  I've used the G-Code Incog for many years.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

Really ru-tarded

You'll shoot your balls off or hit the femoral artery.

Don't
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really ru-tarded

Don't
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
What holsters have you tried?  You need to use one designed for AIWB.

Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I can’t either. Maybe my body isn’t made for it (long torso, short legs). But it protrudes and will print, the “claw” helps tilt it some but now it’s even wider. I can do it with a scrub shirt over jeans. But not a t shirt or polo. And I cannot find a comfortable position while seated
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can’t either. Maybe my body isn’t made for it (long torso, short legs). But it protrudes and will print, the “claw” helps tilt it some but now it’s even wider. I can do it with a scrub shirt over jeans. But not a t shirt or polo. And I cannot find a comfortable position while seated
View Quote

Me too. Short waisted and don't wear clothing as high as many seem to. Just doesn't work for me. 2 O'clock does, but not for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
It doesn't work for me either. 3 or 4 o'clock only.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Odd. I’ve been carrying like that and I haven’t shot myself.

Yet.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
You driving with the gun?

I think the only system that will work for you is one of the underwear carry options.

Now it ain't no quickdraw, and you'll have 27 ounces of Austrian steel and plastic hovering over your nards, but I think it's the only way if you're driving.

You don't want it at your back. At 3 o'clock, it will whack the seatbelt buckle.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

This. When I joined this site there wasn’t appendix carry. That started in 2007.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#13]
When I had a flat stomach I had no issues AIWB, even a full sized 1911.  If you have even a bit of a belly, it gets uncomfortable.  I still do it old school at 3 like god intended.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Pull gun from waistband and the kydex trigger-cover stays behind. Been carrying almost daily like this for years and my balls & femoral artery have never been abused. Just don't be a loud mouth who gets into brawls frequently and might get tossed on his head.  For that you would want a holster to hold your pistol in your pants when you are upside down.
Drive and walk for hours like this or with a G33 and forget I'm wearing it.   5'10", 155lbs, 33 waist. 1:00 & 2:00 oclock carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I also don't have the body type for it. I can't even do it with a little Sig P238.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Really ru-tarded

Don't
View Quote
I've carried at the appendix for 24 years. The ru-tarded ones are those who shoot themselves while doing so.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This. When I joined this site there wasn’t appendix carry. That started in 2007.
View Quote

Um, no. Appendix carry started likely not long after pistols were invented.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I can conceal a small gun appendix, but nothing much bigger than a CZ compact, and it's just not comfortable.  IWB at 4 o'clock I can carry a DE and not print.

On the flip side, I've seen a 5'2" 120lb woman conceal a G19 appendix with no problem.  Bodies are different, go figure.

ETA: FTR, I'm 5'7" 150lb with a 30" waist, so not fat.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've carried at the appendix for 24 years. The ru-tarded ones are those who shoot themselves while doing so.
View Quote

Same. Started around 2000-2001.

People that claim to not have the body type for it need to pay closer attention to my topics regarding proper food portion sizes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]
1) Be really skinny.
2) Become comfortable with a loaded pistol being pointed at your cock & balls.

Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm in shape, therfore appendix carry is fantastic.
Eta- G19. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:05:36 AM EDT
[#23]
AIWB won’t work if you have a belly that pokes. That’s all there is to that. It’ll just be painfully uncomfortable if you force it and your draw will suffer. Lose the weight if you really want to do it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Get another holster.  I like comp-tac..but their appendix holsters suck.  Carries the gun way to high and no wedge like device.  I use Tenicor.  Day and night difference.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]
How do you normally dress? Is it comfortable to carry like that even with trouble concealing your gun?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Go to a good leather holster place and get an good owb holster something thats safe and reliable and comfortable and stop worring about "printing" nobody gives a shit about it offline and the only people that might notice are holster geeks..

Or you can just shoot your balls off.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I can comfortably AIWB an HK VP9 or HK 45C while just wearing jeans and a t-shirt without issue. Then again, I don't have a beer belly and make my own holsters.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#28]
If you "could lose 5 lbs" really means you need to shed about 20lbs.

Do that, and any gun magically disappears.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#29]
FFS.

IWB 4-5 O'Clock
Missionary Position
Neapolitan Ice Cream

All deliver and have stood the test of time. No need for Pumpkin Spice Mochaccino Blind Pegging Belly Fold Carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#30]
You should really ask your husband if you want to go full retard.

Two kinds of people who appendix carry.

Those who have shot themselfs in the do digger.

Those who haven't shot themselfs in the do digger....yet.

Don't be tarted, being in either club is a fail.

Besides if you hook up and they want to grab a free feel suprise, say goodbye to the cream filled lollipop.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:27:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

And get a good holster. Phlster or Darkstar. Watch videos. Done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Near as I can figure, you need to wear yours pants as high as Steve Urkel, otherwise the gun won't be inline with your torso when you sit.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You should really ask your husband if you want to go full retard.

Two kinds of people who appendix carry.

Those who have shot themselfs in the do digger.

Those who haven't shot themselfs in the do digger....yet.

Don't be tarted, being in either club is a fail.

Besides if you hook up and they want to grab a free feel suprise, say goodbye to the cream filled lollipop.
View Quote
Nah, appendix carry is for those times when you absolutely need the best concealment. It's not for fat guys or noobs with no trigger discipline.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Really ru-tarded

Don't
View Quote

If one carries with a Kydex trigger guard I can't imagine how an accident can occur with prudent handling. A snug fitting trigger guard will not let cloth get tangled in the trigger. I've carried for 21 years without incident. Even with a full holster, sloppy handling of a gun will result in an ND. We're talking about people who consciously THINK what they are doing when they handle a loaded pistol.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#35]
I have been trying it out with my g19, and it isn't working well for me either.  I am pretty convinced you need a quality holster that works well for your body type. Or, I need to quit being cheap and buy a better concealed carry handgun.  Both seem to point to quit being cheap.

I am 6'2", 185, long torso, and when I am standing/upright doing stuff, it is great.  When I kneel down to pick up my kid, get into a vehicle, or adjust my boot, it isn't so great.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Near as I can figure, you need to wear yours pants as high as Steve Urkel, otherwise the gun won't be inline with your torso when you sit.
View Quote

I used to think that too...until I tried it.  I can't explain how it works, but it does and is surprisingly comfortable, even when sitting.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Tacticool appendix only works if you're skinny.

If you're not, try what's actually close to the appendix but that almost no one ever talks about - carry at about 2~2:30. With the right amount of cant it works really well, I use an IWB hybrid.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess I'll try that but I really do mean 5lbs and even when I was in perfect shape it never seemed to conceal well for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How do you normally dress? Is it comfortable to carry like that even with trouble concealing your gun?
View Quote

T shirt, shorts. Not super fitted but not moo moo fit either. I'm comfortable at 3-4 o'clock not appendix really
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:15:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I guess I'll try that but I really do mean 5lbs and even when I was in perfect shape it never seemed to conceal well for me.
View Quote

Send links to pictures of your current holster please.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Go to a good leather holster place and get an good owb holster something thats safe and reliable and comfortable and stop worring about "printing" nobody gives a shit about it offline and the only people that might notice are holster geeks..

Or you can just shoot your balls off.
View Quote

Or, you know, the kinds of criminals who might be worried about running into an undercover cop, or an off-duty, or...

Look, just go look for Primary and Secondary podcasts featuring Daryl Bolke and listen to him. Years of experience with exactly those kinds of criminals.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:21:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Um, no. Appendix carry started likely not long after pistols were invented.
View Quote

Wrong. April 5th 2007 exactly.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:24:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded

lol

Blackpoint with the wings, ctac, and a couple of specific ones made for appendix all print a ton. At 3 o'clock my wife can't even notice it but appendix she always can point it out.

Eta oh and a tier 1 with a sidecar
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:32:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Blackpoint with the wings, ctac, and a couple of specific ones made for appendix all print a ton. At 3 o'clock my wife can't even notice it but appendix she always can point it out.
View Quote

Proper AIWB holsters make a HUGE difference. Seriously, see if you have any arfcommers local to you. A proper AIWB holster makes it disappear- GONE.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#46]

I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#47]
While being in good physical shape helps, so does using a high quality belt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
While being in good physical shape helps, so does using a high quality belt.
View Quote

Blue alpha
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:51:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Proper AIWB holsters make a HUGE difference. Seriously, see if you have any arfcommers local to you. A proper AIWB holster makes it disappear- GONE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the proper holster then? I even tried a tier 1
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476319/20210608_182917-1974670.jpg
I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.
View Quote

5'11" 168# 32" waist .... can't figure it out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top