Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/2/2021 9:33:09 AM EDT
We shall see if this updates:  Currently the present position is at 1100 PM Friday (2 July 2021)

Current projected path can change

Map showing projected path here

Off the north coast of South America:

As of 3 July 2021 (unknown time) it was downgraded to a tropical storm and the current predictions do not show it becoming a hurricane again...but these systems do not go by model predictions.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Off to buy bread, milk and eggs

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/team_america-39.gif
View Quote

Don’t forget to panic buy gas instead of already having reserves that you rotate out during the off season.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Want to know why it's the 6th?  Because when Joe Biden entered the impact date in the hurricane machine he got Independence Day wrong.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy knows what’s up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Boy, that happened fast! Yesterday the maps were showing it would only reach TS level.

For those outside the impacted areas, it would be a good idea to fill up your gas tanks. Even if it doesn't affect the gulf, you know the panic buyers and neckbeards wil be out in force.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Just let it go already
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm all stocked up. Might cut our vacation a little short.

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
That’s gonna suck for those dealing with the collapsed building.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Updated first post to show the projected (No guarantee of accuracy) path.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don’t forget to panic buy gas instead of already having reserves that you rotate out during the off season.
View Quote

I just top off my boat. 55 gallons ethanol free ready to go
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Hope it gets diminished some by going over the islands and comes north right over the state and pisses out. Worse case it goes out over the warm waters of the gulf and strengthens into a real SOB. Getting gas, bread and beer tomorrow morning after F-1 qualifying just in case.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hope it gets diminished some by going over the islands and comes north right over the state and pisses out. Worse case it goes out over the warm waters of the gulf and strengthens into a real SOB. Getting gas, bread and beer tomorrow morning after F-1 qualifYying just in case.
View Quote

Are beer sammiches better than milk sammiches?

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Shill showing as downgrading to a TS around Jamaica.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I hope their projections on strength are right but we have nowhere near the technology to make an accurate estimate of this as of yet.  

The waters around Florida are also in the mid to upper 80s so this can only help to strengthen it but we will see
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Cruising at 31 MPH this morning. This is a fast mover. Which means nothing-burger. One step above "Huh, looks like we got a lot of rain last night.

Of course, if it hits the brakes, slows down to 8mph, and runs parallel to the west coast of FL, all bets are off. But that's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's way off. That's French toast fixings, snowstorm preps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Just hoping that my flights aren’t affected for my conference…
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#19]
So far looking like a big nothing burger. What will Cantori do?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
This storm isn't even worthy of talking about honestly. It could cause some flooding but, that happens every day down here.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Is just showing very possible path really a prediction?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is just showing very possible path really a prediction?
View Quote

Those are all the different models which show "reasonable" agreement. still would not make major decisions based upon a possible impact three days out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This storm isn't even worthy of talking about honestly. It could cause some flooding but, that happens every day down here.
View Quote

It floods every day?   That must suck.  The current prediction does show it being a tropical storm when it passes over Florida but even the system level can change for the better or worse.  Monitor the status as it approaches and prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't even see any real rotation now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reading these threads, I can tell Florida from the rest of the country.
We speak from experience. They repeat what they hear from the TV. Not knocking watching TV, but the News, well, they want to sensationalize things. I sat at home during Charlie and it was a strong 3, maybe 4 when it hit. That was kinda dumb looking back, but, it was fine. Power was out about a day.
Now Irma was different. I still stayed home, but it went straight up the gut. So nowhere to run. Power was out for 7-ish days.
A TROPICAL STORM? It is a lot of rain. Now it may wash the footing from under a couple of 15 story condos (too soon?), but the rest of us will be fine. Maybe some flooding, but nothing worth getting worked up about.

15-20 years ago, Publix would stay open right up to an hour or so of the storm. They opened up as soon as it passed. Now, well, we know how our society has changed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll believe those models when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Just downgraded..
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Meh.
It will get shredded by Cuba.

Better get more beer anyways.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#31]
A hurricane is not a "slap around" until it gets to Cat III or more.  Cat Is and IIs are nothing more prolonged afternoon thunderstorms here in Florida.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks like projected winds and rain amounts at my house in the Keys is less than what I got this week in Ohio.

I don’t know the big deal about tropical storms.  We call them thunder storms up north…
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We speak from experience. They repeat what they hear from the TV. Not knocking watching TV, but the News, well, they want to sensationalize things. I sat at home during Charlie and it was a strong 3, maybe 4 when it hit. That was kinda dumb looking back, but, it was fine. Power was out about a day.
Now Irma was different. I still stayed home, but it went straight up the gut. So nowhere to run. Power was out for 7-ish days.
A TROPICAL STORM? It is a lot of rain. Now it may wash the footing from under a couple of 15 story condos (too soon?), but the rest of us will be fine. Maybe some flooding, but nothing worth getting worked up about.

15-20 years ago, Publix would stay open right up to an hour or so of the storm. They opened up as soon as it passed. Now, well, we know how our society has changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be the major damage was physical destruction. Now, its that plus the flooding.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The black line in the Euro model goes directly over my house.

Better get more beer today.
View Quote

Came here to say this
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm supposed to be in the keys all next week. Looks like I will be light on the sunscreen and heavy on the rum.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#37]
This storm won’t be a Hurricane when it hits Florida just a tropical storm. It will just be a windy, rainy day.

I know the lack of concern seems weird to people outside of Florida, but after you go through a storm or two you realize that the news really over hypes every storm system and that most them amount to a rainy day.

The only part of the hurricane to really watch out for is the eye.  If the storm gets to a cat 3 or higher and the eye is coming for you then you should be concerned. Especially if you live on the coast because there can be flooding caused by storm surge.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hope it gets diminished some by going over the islands and comes north right over the state and pisses out. Worse case it goes out over the warm waters of the gulf and strengthens into a real SOB. Getting gas, bread and beer tomorrow morning after F-1 qualifying just in case.
View Quote
It's gonna be really diminished before it gets over Cuba and if it maintains it's forward speed it won't have much opportunity to gain strength from the warm gulf waters.  

I'm hoping this one is a nothingburger.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#39]
oh teh noes!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I got a notice on my phone about 15 minutes ago that it had been downgraded to a TS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It used to be the major damage was physical destruction. Now, its that plus the flooding.

https://jitneybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/brickell-flooding-post.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://jitneybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/brickell-flooding-post.jpg

Anything’s a Dildo “Expert Level”
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#42]
This again.......

Transplants are colossal p&@&ies, it's pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

MOTHERFUCKIN’ FRENCH TOAST FOR WEEKS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This again.......

Transplants are colossal p&@&ies, it's pathetic.
View Quote

Yeah, but they drive some colossal sales dollars for me stocking up on booze....
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they drive some colossal sales dollars for me stocking up on booze....
View Quote

Good on you sir
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just let it go already
View Quote

I, too, have young children and so immediately had this come to mind.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#47]
It's not like extra cases of beer are gonna go bad.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It floods every day?   That must suck.  The current prediction does show it being a tropical storm when it passes over Florida but even the system level can change for the better or worse.  Monitor the status as it approaches and prepare accordingly.
View Quote

The problem is most of the country sees “hurricane” and freaks the fuck out. Floridians see that it isn’t a Cat 3 or above and don’t give a shit.

A Cat 1 or 2 only fucks up pizza delivery for half a day and I have to get it myself.

I’ve sat on a covered back porch with friends and drank for 16 hours during a tropical storm.

I’ve had people from all over the country message me and tell me I needed to flee the state, my house is going to get wrecked and we’re all gonna die. The electricity went off for less than 3 seconds and I had to spend about 2 hours cleaning up the yard. My four palmetto trees hadn’t been cleaned out in a few years, so I had a pile of shit twice as big as my truck to clean up.

We get really tired of the panic from the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just let it go already
View Quote

YOU CAN'T HOLD ME BACK ANYMORE!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Let the storm rage on.....hurricanes never bothered me anyway
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top