Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 7/20/2021 9:29:15 PM EDT
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

In before I’m called racist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy. In.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop watching TV
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a commercial for an AIDS vaccine made up of 100% gay black men

I haven't decided if it's woke or racist
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm more annoyed with the op using the Lord's name in vain, rather than what is going on with the enemy's comms.  AKA "tv"
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Pay no attention. Their problem
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What's up with the monthly threads in GD about minorities in commercials?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Marching orders from the VP .
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

View Quote

Why are you watching?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
And there are people still saying that they are underrepresented in advertising and want more.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I must have missed those.  Cool post bro
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
It is amazing that with how much TV I watch, I can't recall the last time I bought or didn't buy something based on a commercial.  None of those ad dollars reach me.  Now, if they were to advertise excellent guns, beer or explosives, I would probably be influenced.  

But yes, I do laugh at all the commercials that show blacks even though they aren't even close to being in the target demographic.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I can’t remember the last time I had to watch a commercial on TV
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#14]
You've come to the right place to share your concerns on this topic.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Not only minorities, but ugly people of every race too.  It’s like they’re anti the beautiful people too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.
View Quote

Wow, what channel were you watching?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not only minorities, but ugly people of every race too.  It’s like they’re anti the beautiful people too.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
marxism.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Remember, it's more diverse to have 80% black players in the NBA than it would be if only 50% were black.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#21]
According to tv commercials, Black Americans spend a lot of money buying Japanese cars and DIY home improvement products, just like all the other suburban nuclear families do.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Eric Cartman Song ? Minorities at my Water Park ? lyrics karaoke - South Park
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cultural Marxism exposed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
According to tv commercials, Black Americans spend a lot of money buying Japanese cars and DIY home improvement products, just like all the other suburban nuclear families do.

View Quote

Exactly.  And they dress like old white guys too
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]
you watch tv with commercials? And they are pushing an agenda?

I gave up on tv many years ago, like 10-15 years ago. Seriously no broadcast and no cable. I can watch anything i want commercial free anytime i want. So can you. Its called the internet.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I had to make a bank drop today for work and there were five new, very large murals on the walls inside. Two depicted a happy black father playing with his children on a manicured lawn, one was of two Asian women talking and laughing, one had a white guy and a black woman cutting up fucking squash or something and smiling widely like it was the most interesting thing in the world, and one had two black parents with their arms around each other standing in front of a new house with their children smiling in front of them. But some people, even around here, say there isn't an agenda.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
OP is a rapist.

Wait.. nvmd
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Leftist agendas pushing a narrative.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I see it too and just laugh.  You will also see “one of each” color, nationality, whatever, in paper ads, fb ads, store mannequins.  Victoria Secret is modeling underwear on fat ugly women and people are thanking them and saying how beautiful.  I swear the last model looked like a man. It’s all a cluster.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#30]
The wife and I ditched TV about 3 years ago and just recently went on a trip we turn the TV on in the hotel and could not belive all the race pandering, not to mention every show now has a gay or trans person. Hollywood is cramming every bit of this shit into your heads
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's okay.  You were probably born white, so it's bred into you. Nothing you can do about it, except say you're sorry and hang your head in racist shame.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Why are you watching TV?
It is poison.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why are you watching?
View Quote

The commercials are on Newsmax and Real America's Voice,   it's blatant pandering .   The race for wokeness will culminate when and where exactly ?   Will there be a federal agency overseeing mandated diversity in advertising ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#35]
The marxist media train is running full speed. More and more normies are starting to notice.
Went ahead and rated this thread epic in protest of current events.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I think that maybe white people don't watch tv anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#37]
It's a double win for the companies doing those ads. First, of course, there's the woke factor. Second, it is selling it's product to people that may have never felt the need for such a product. Sorry majority - it's only business.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The propaganda is real.

Hulu
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.
View Quote

When we went camping last summer the people on one side of us were black. The ones on the other side were hispanic. Since I'm Native American, I guess that means there were three minorites in a row.

But OP is right. There shouldn't be any minorities in TV commercials, since they are all too poor to buy anything in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Because grumpy old white conservatives bitch on Facebook how they don't watch TV, so advertisers target other audiences. Then grumpy old white conservatives bitch on Facebook that they aren't being advertised to on a media they don't watch.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#41]
we haven't had broadcast or cable TV since my daughter was born 13 years ago.  Just Netflix and Prime but we monitor and restrict what they watch on those.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Old news.  Can't even let your kids watch TV nowadays.  Even if the show is safe the commercials will show all the couples as dykes or fags.

Even Wheel of Fortune isn't safe due to the intros.  My daughter had to ask when she was 6 why one of the guys said "my husband".
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Nvm
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I noticed the same.  Wife and I were talking about it the other day.  It's like the infomercials of the 80's and 90's reversed themselves only it's to fit a really ignorant narrative.

I'd be willing to bet there's some sort of rubric for how commercials are designed now to pass muster with the idiots who care enough to allow the noticing of this bullshit to influence whether they buy the product or not.  Racial ambiguity is still a thing.  All white families are gone.  Hispanics are hit/miss with being present.  All black families are kinda there.  But more than anything it's gotta show variety from a racial/sexual perspective.  Men also have to look stupid and women smart.  Black women need to be smarter than white men and women.  Black men smarter and cooler/calmer than white men.  In regard to advertising the hierarchy seems to be: black women > racially ambiguous women> black men > racially ambiguous men > white women > white men.  I could be wrong factually, I'm just sharing my perspective from observation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You see the difference with the TV commercials in the 80's,90's,00's,10's, and now 20's
The 80's is when it was subtle but not quite in your face then the 90's is when woke and diversity started to really gain more traction, with the 00's amping it up more and once the 10's came it exploded to where now its pushed all the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#46]
https://twitter.com/StupidWhiteAds
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

seems like we're having them bi-monthly, didn't we have one last week? That said I've wondered the same thing.....are whites already in the minority?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#48]
The only time I see a white dude in a commercial these days is when an alarm company needs an actor to play a burglar. They are always white.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Not in the ADT or security commercials. All the perps are white. Prob just a coincidence.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#50]
It's called "decolonization." The goal is to get you used to seeing very few white people, to accustom you to a world where they replace you.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top