Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/12/2022 11:41:34 AM EDT
Mid 40s single guy no kids. Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd have 80 fewer snakes and one horse.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
probably dead lol

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thots.  Id be doing lots of thots.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably be sitting around lonely wondering why my like sucks and seems meaningless. Wife is my soul mate and my kids gave me the best times of my life as a father. I pity those who never get to feel this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Be typin this from my shop or my lakehouse.  

Or!  I'd have a shop house at the lake!  

WINNER
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#6]
In before: "getting laid"

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
probably dead lol

View Quote

Hookers and blow would have consumed me long ago.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Living in Asia
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Drinking beer and surfing ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#10]
What I'm doing now...
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Same thing I was doing before I got married and had kids.

Shooting guns, racing cars, chasing women, and drinking beer and whiskey.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]
My hobbies wouldn't be so neglected, and the house would be clean and quiet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What I'm doing now...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Honestly, I would probably be a loser.

My wife helped carry me when I started working for myself, and when we had kids my motivation to build something became greater.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Buying a shit ton of guns and shitposting on arfcom.

Oh wait…

Still want a kid though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#16]
banging hoes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
probably dead lol

View Quote
Either killed in a drunken car wreck or shot by someone's husband inside a dirty motel room.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#18]
sad bro

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Riding motorcycles all over the country.  Blissfully, soulfully alone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#21]
i cannot complain about my life i have lots of time to do my hobbies and make excellent money.

no wife and kids i would probably take more shooting classes/ 3 gun and generally have even more money for ammo and guns
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Good chance I wouldn't be alive today.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Riding motorcycles all over the country.  Blissfully, soulfully alone.
View Quote

Also, buying and enjoying lots of expensive toys - machine guns, fast cars, awesome computers, etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Probably be sitting around lonely wondering why my like sucks and seems meaningless. Wife is my soul mate and my kids gave me the best times of my life as a father. I pity those who never get to feel this.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#25]
An endless stream of 30-40yo milfs/divorcees.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't be freezing my ass off currently because my wife thought she packed my cold weather clothes but actually didn't
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Convincing my buddy that moved to Las Vegas to kick his GF out and split rent with me so I could live somewhere that's actually FUN, with shit I like to do.

Gamble, drink, shoot machine guns, drive way too fast offroad, and look at titties

I wouldn't trade my wife for that shit, but had I never met her... I highly doubt I'd still be living where I am right now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
It that becomes me at a certain age I’ll live on a boat.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Traveling and backpacking wherever the road would take me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm that guy.  I ride motorcycles shoot a lot chase every tail I can, drink, chase tail. Travel to chase tail.  Camping chasing tail.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Hot-tubbing with my soul-mate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Write books.

<----- wrote books.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Alcoholic and probably at least 50 pounds over weight by now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My hobbies wouldn't be so neglected, and the house would be clean and quiet.
View Quote

Ain’t that the damn truth!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Why would y’all be dead? It’s not a thing for single dudes to just die in their 30s. You think because your wife wasn’t there to tell you no, you’d be doing lines of coke off a strippers ass while doing a wheelie on a motorcycle?

You’d be just as boring as you are now, but with more money and zero nagging.

Early 30s, single, and loving it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

To each his own, I pity you for pitying a person like me
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't be in nj that's for sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
probably dead lol

View Quote

More truth in this simple statement than I would care to admit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I’d be dead in a foreign county, and some building if Ft. Bragg would be bearing my name.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Ok, NOW I gotta say something...

So, what do all these people with kids do when their kids are up and gone and go to college?

Oh yea, they more than likely self-destruct via "divorce", "mid life crisis" or whatever....Why? Because their "life" didn't require them to actually put any effort into finding meaning - as they defaulted into birthing kids.

Us single and/or childless folks, yes, lack of responsibilities that come with kids often allows us to have more "perks" in life (i.e. I can spend, go, do what I want - when/where/how I want)....

BUT, we have other burdens. Like in my case, I don't have a 2nd income, so it's all on me. While I try to keep my cost of living low, its not like I got a million dollars cuz I don't have mouths to feed. There are statistics, studies, etc. showing that married couples have more financial stability (because combined incomes and/or tax breaks).

Next, us single and/or childless folks are doing the same thing empty nesters are gonna have to figure out - which is to have a life....

Me? I work long hours, volunteer, look into fitness, hobbies, and support my family (i.e. if they need a break from the kids and/or some financial help, that's where I step in). I also let my mom live with me and handle her affairs (although we fight when I have to draw boundaries).

I was watching one of those penguin movies in a museum and the penguins who couldn't bear kiddies? They had a role in society - they kicked in when the baby penguins were bigger and BOTH mom and dad had to go out and hunt for food. The kiddies needed to be watched by someone while mom and pop were out and about.

Next, I looked up a religious thing - where yeah, a few months ago I was questioning "what" my purpose in life is (as I'm approaching 50) and this is what I found for a Daily Inspiration:

"Perhaps, our purpose in this world is to serve and be of help to others. May God guide us on this journey and allow us to be of benefit to others in this world for the sake of the Hereafter. Amen"

And that's where I'm at. I will continue to strive to see where/how I can help in community, church and family....and, just find things to keep me busy (i.e. the hobbies, volunteering, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Once upon a time, a prince asked a beautiful princess "Will you marry me?" The princess said no, and the prince lived happily ever after. And he rode motorcycles and fucked skinny, big-titted broads, and hunted and fished whenever the fuck he wanted, and went to naked bars, and dated women half his age, and drank whiskey, beer, Captain Morgan, and snorted cocaine off strippers' asses, and never heard bitching, and never paid child support or alimony. And ate pussies and ass-fucked cheerleaders and kept his house and guns, and never got cheated on while he was at work, and all his friends and family thought he was fucking cool as hell, and he had tons of money in the bank, and he left the toilet seat up.  The end

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably drunk and dying from herpes or something.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Probably in Ukraine trying to get myself killed in the name of adventure again.

Or Texas. That's my only real "grass is greener". I love TX but all the extended family is here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#44]
All these guys saying theyd be dead  Wow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s almost 8:30 in the morning here so I’d definitely be drunk by now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd be loving life in the woods every f'n day like I was as a bachelor.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So, what do all these people with kids do when their kids are up and gone and go to college?

Oh yea, they more than likely self-destruct via "divorce", "mid life crisis" or whatever....Why? Because their "life" didn't require them to actually put any effort into finding meaning - as they defaulted into birthing kids.

Us single and/or childless folks, yes, lack of responsibilities that come with kids often allows us to have more "perks" in life (i.e. I can spend, go, do what I want - when/where/how I want)....

BUT, we have other burdens. Like in my case, I don't have a 2nd income, so it's all on me. While I try to keep my cost of living low, its not like I got a million dollars cuz I don't have mouths to feed. There are statistics, studies, etc. showing that married couples have more financial stability (because combined incomes and/or tax breaks).

Next, us single and/or childless folks are doing the same thing empty nesters are gonna have to figure out - which is to have a life....

Me? I work long hours, volunteer, look into fitness, hobbies, and support my family (i.e. if they need a break from the kids and/or some financial help, that's where I step in). I also let my mom live with me and handle her affairs (although we fight when I have to draw boundaries).

I was watching one of those penguin movies in a museum and the penguins who couldn't bear kiddies? They had a role in society - they kicked in when the baby penguins were bigger and BOTH mom and dad had to go out and hunt for food. The kiddies needed to be watched by someone while mom and pop were out and about.

Next, I looked up a religious thing - where yeah, a few months ago I was questioning "what" my purpose in life is (as I'm approaching 50) and this is what I found for a Daily Inspiration:

"Perhaps, our purpose in this world is to serve and be of help to others. May God guide us on this journey and allow us to be of benefit to others in this world for the sake of the Hereafter. Amen"

And that's where I'm at. I will continue to strive to see where/how I can help in community, church and family....and, just find things to keep me busy (i.e. the hobbies, volunteering, etc.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Everyone has a different path in life I’m not to question anothers unless they are doing something wrong or evil.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#49]
What I’m doing right now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
My house would be smaller, cleaner, and I'd have nicer cars.

But I'd feel empty. My family is a blessing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top