Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 12/17/2022 1:38:08 PM EDT
Updated the title to properly reflect the situation. Employee, likely former employee, has a history of lying on left wing subreddits about poor working conditions.

Aero employee claims Christmas bonuses were canceled and replaced with a $5 Starbucks gift card and (obviously) misprinted ornament:  Reddit Link

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zoaw86/aero_precision_has_record_profits_and_rewards_its/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Updated with Aero’s response:

“Just to comment and create some clarity here. We had a company catered lunch where the ornaments and gift cards were handed out. They weren’t meant to replace anything. They were just what you received if you attended the lunch. Bonuses are not a promised or contractually written agreement here at Aero Precision. They weren’t “canceled”. We try to do this every year, but they are not guaranteed and that has always been the case.

This year has been a challenging year to say the least. Costs are up over 20% (in some areas, over 70%) and demand is down 30%+. We recently moved our entire company to a new facility which was very expensive as well. There are efforts across the company to reduce costs and keep things sustainable, as there is little to no indication that the demand and economy in general are going to change any time soon.

Our priority is to keep our current employees employed with a regular paycheck they can count on. That’s what we are and will continue to be focused on. Keep in mind, this is also being written by someone who is an employee at Aero going through these same things. The company is doing its best to keep everyone happy and employed.”

Updated with follow up, appear employee was lying and has done this before:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zqhq6q/epilogue_aeros_erroneous_antiwork_employee/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Record profits but how much debt do they have?

No, I am not reading reddit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s T-Rex Arms Fault
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
5$ more than I get
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Jelly of the Month Club, baby!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
How do we know they had record profits?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Revenue - Operating expenses (including debt service) = profit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s T-Rex Arms Fault
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
HALLELUJAH…. HOLY SHIT! Where’s the Tylenol?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With rising rates debt service rises. I know nobody has thought about this post 2008 to speak of but it is an issue that doesn't come out in that equation because long term debt isn't properly accounted for. Again this is assuming some commie on reddit even used the proper term of "profit".
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The Toyota Way? Lol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I don’t get one at all so I really don’t care.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#14]
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
5$ more than I get
View Quote

$5
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Record profits because they were able to cut operating expenses (including payroll)
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I’d like that ornament for my tree. I’ll double that employees Christmas bonus if they package it up and send it to me
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#19]
A big fat nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A big fat nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
View Quote
Thats the exact amount I got

$30 to a local supermarket

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#22]
"antiwork"
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.

If true, the biggest problem Aero has is that they employ an open communist in some capacity.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With rising rates debt service rises. I know nobody has thought about this post 2008 to speak of but it is an issue that doesn't come out in that equation because long term debt isn't properly accounted for. Again this is assuming some commie on reddit even used the proper term of "profit".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Revenue and profit are totally different things.
Gun sales are supposedly also down significantly.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]
More than I got.

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#25]
i bet they'red taxed on that gift card.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure moving from Tacoma to Lakewood didn't cost them anything.

Also, Aero and NSSF were the only outfits to dump real money into the losing battle of fighting Washington State on gun control.  They fought hard, spent tons of money, and still lost.  I'll spend money with them way before I'll send a donation to one of the 'gun rights' groups that basically do nothing.

All that said, if your employment contract had 'Christmas Bonus' in it and they didn't pay it, well, you got a claim.  I didn't give you a Christmas gift either, so hopefully I don't get blasted on Reddit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Companies do Christmas bonuses?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a BBQ lunch that I didn't eat because of the flu

So my Christmas bonus is nada
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
At least they weren't layed off or fired

They're free to find a job somewhere else if they're not happy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A big fat nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife's company didn't give out raises this year. All I need, yep, but that's just business. My company didn't give raises two years ago.

Be happy with what you have or go anywhere else.
I'll still buy their stuff
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. That place has a lot of the same shit going on as Bear Creek Arsenal from what I've read and heard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#33]
My job IS my bonus.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Their business is their business...
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"antiwork"
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.

If true, the biggest problem Aero has is that they employ an open communist in some capacity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"antiwork"

That's an excellent point.... obviously we don't know the whole story, but a gift of a personalized lower or something would be better than a $5 gift card. Will $5 cover ANYthing at Starbucks? I don't drink coffee so never been..

I work for the state, so no bonuses. We did do a small gift exchange at work though. Dairy Queen and Chick-Fil-A gift cards for meeeeeeee.

From the Reddit link:

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Only gift I got was a big ham from a company I worked for.Was 80% fat and one of the guys could not take his home as he cooked it and caught the kitchen on fire.Just had to drain the fat as it cooked. Was glad to get anything.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It’s T-Rex Arms Fault
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I would guess that this is an attempt at 'capital preservation'.

They are looking ahead at the next two years and foreseeing much lower sales and downward pressure on prices.

With the Constitution hating commies losing their majority in the House, the wave of panic buying will end. It won't
be a return to 'normal' sales either. It will be a sales deficit because of the over saturation of the market in the last
few years.

Aero and a lot of other gun companies are going to have to do some serious belt tightening to survive.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My very first thought.
Record sales does not equal record profits.
Gross profit does not equal net profit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I remember my mother having a cow that the decent Christmas bonus she got as a regional manager turned into everyone gets a candy cane and a Christmas card at the mandatory christmas dinner.  Edit, I forgot the helium balloon tied to the candy cane.  She mentally already had her bonus spent on the holidays and a vacation.

I worked for the government.....my christmas bonus was the timing on the uniform allowance.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#42]
But did they have to come in for a meeting to collect their ornament and gift card while on vacation?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
While I would agree a Starbucks gift card is a crappy bonus, it's still better than nothing and they're free to find employment elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Never got bonuses my entire career.  Boo hoo.  I'm just here for the "Christmas Vacation" references.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#45]
We broke sales records a couple years ago, but acquisitions cut into cash flow, so we got a blanket and a coffee mug.

Surprised they didn’t have smallpox. ??
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not a "look" it's a company decision.

Everybody wants some free shit don't they?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#47]
We got $10 Walmart gift cards at Chase one year so Aero compared to Jp Morgan and Chase makes $5  seem pretty decent.
Jamie Dimon did pretty well that year though on his bonus.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
While I would agree a Starbucks gift card is a crappy bonus, it's still better than nothing and they're free to find employment elsewhere.
View Quote

From a strictly mercenary standpoint. Anyone who wastes time with an employer after the training for the position ends is an idiot.
How foolish do you need to be to invest time in a company that's just using you up?

One of my coworkers has never spent more than 18 months with anyone because he literally lives that.
The final irony is that he has less experience than me. Is younger than me. Holds the same title as me. Plus makes more money than me.
So , guess you're both right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rest assured that people in your company are getting nice fat Christmas bonuses. Just not you, you get your $30 and you like it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top