Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/14/2023 6:43:55 AM EDT
Worry so much about what tattoos will look like as people age?

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Just enough to click the thread and copy/paste a gif....nice man.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, let's see if some of the folks who spend sleepless hours thinking about sagging tramp stamps will speak up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't really care, but it's funny to see the Butterfly tramp stamp tattoo that some girl got during spring break in Panama City FL looking like a vulture when they are 50.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Same reason non-Christians jump into every post about religion and then melt down and go on the attack.There are just people who can’t tolerate anyone thinking or acting differently than they do. They are true conformists.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn dirty Inkies.

J/K... I don't give a shit. But don't take that to mean that when I meet someone who's tatted way up, they're already losing points right out of the gate, because I question their judgement. I used to hire people, so it was a game of weeding applicants out when there were many. People make judgements on appearances. Always have, always will.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Same reason non-Christians jump into every post about religion and then melt down and go on the attack.There are just people who can’t tolerate anyone thinking or acting differently than they do. They are true conformists.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I could've also typed out that I don't give a shit about people's tattoos. The message is the same either way.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Because one day they'll have to leave mommy's basement and get out into the real world and deal with scary people with ink.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn dirty Inkies.

J/K... I don't give a shit. But don't take that to mean that when I meet someone who's tatted way up, they're already losing points right out of the gate, because I question their judgement. I used to hire people, so it was a game of weeding applicants out when there were many. People make judgements on appearances. Always have, always will.
View Quote

What kind of business were you hiring people for?  

I've never gone to an interview with a short sleeved shirt and don't have anything on my hands or face so you have me curious.

Can you give examples of some of the people you judged and how you knew they had tattoos?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Lol, nobody spends sleepless nights thinking about it. It’s an off the cuff remark based on the general opinion of tattoos from a non-tattooed person. You can phrase it in a few ways, trashy, dumb, whatever, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that pureskins think tattoos are evidence of bad judgment.

Putting aside the likelihood that it will eventually look bad, or at least silly, like hot pants on a granny, people change things all the time. Hairstyles, manner of dress, jobs, hobbies, house decor, hell, even families. Non-tattooed think marking yourself permanently when tastes are only temporary is stupid. Even your original comment would be noted. “I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.” Yeah, they know it doesn’t. It’s a perfect example of why they think you have bad judgment.

Right or wrong, there’s your reason. As to why they say it at all, that’s what people do, make comments about things they don’t like even when it’s really none of their business.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
View Quote

I don’t give a shit what other people do as long as it doesn’t affect me. That doesn’t mean I won’t give my opinion about their choices.

I mean why does anyone on this site care about whatever new gun you night yesterday? Why do they post up their opinions on its longevity or looks or ergonomics.

Does the fact that lots of people post about their concerns with Taurus quality mean they worry about Taurus? Or does it just reflect a common set of experiences that wise people would take into account when making a decision about firearms purchases?

So does the fact that lots of people post about their concerns with how poorly tattoos age mean they worry about inkies? Or does it just reflect a common set of experiences that wise people would take into account when making a decision about modifying their bodies?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#17]

pretty much
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I don’t look at old people
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you suggesting that tattoo enthusiasts are less concerned about their future?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Tattoos are silly
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#21]
No clue. The ones that leave me absolutely confused. There is a large portion of the junky population that hates tattoos and tattoo needles. They won’t hesitate to use IV drugs though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shows exactly the type of person who gets tattoos. Those that don’t think about anything but the now and the ‘payoff’.

Those who don’t can think ahead of multiple outcomes.

Sort of kidding. I don’t get a tattoo because I’d probably not like it after a few years or something.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I consider it a sign of mental illness, or nihilism, or both.

Untrustworthiness, like the scorpion and the frog.
Given to fickle behaviors, a ship without a rudder.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I dont know

I do know the 29 year old I am fucking has ink and I dont give a fuck what they look like when she is 40,50 etc

They look hot now
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#25]
They get off on other people's bad decisions because it makes them feel better about what fuckups they are?  They assume the people will regret getting them because how they age?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Damn dirty Inkies.

View Quote

I’ve found judgements based on what their tattoos are far more effective than whether or not they have a or even several tattoos. The guy with a spider web tattoos with a lot of rings on it is usually more likely to be a shitbag than the dude that gets a tattoo with a personal meaning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm a pureskin.  My "dilemma" with getting one always is "Is this thing going to be the Tat I WANT, not some tat artists interpretation of what I want",  Will it still look good 25 years later and most importantly is it "something I'll still be proud to have on 30 years from now?"

Is it something that I love so much NOW that Im willing to get it inked on me forever and will I still like it in 25 years.  I would love to have an awesome whitetail deer or a trout on a flyrod tat, but will those things still be worthy of a permanent spot on my skin 25 years from now.  Thats the real reason I never got one.  I see people with Sonic the hedgehog or barbed wire wrapped on their arms and they regret ever getting them.

And I have no problem with anyone getting anything inked on them.  In fact in my circle of friends I'm the only pureskin.  Some of my friends have full backs and/or sleeves and even a hodgepoge of skulls and sexy girls and "suicide skull" all over them.  Plus I think I would be a pussy and hate the process even though I've bashed myself up my entire life and needles and staples and stitches are common for me...
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't think anybody really cares, nor do they stay up at night worrying about it.  I don't.  

Its a public forum, especially one that random goofballs love spouting off on so you get lots of jaded opinions.  

How's that?  Does that answer your question?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

A tatoo on me would be like a bumper sticker on a bugatti....
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Your narcissism is showing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I have scars and chicks digs scars.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#32]
The foreskin types are just being dicks
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because you have them, but WE have to see them.
But personally I don't care.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Pure Skin here

I don’t give a shit what your tattoos will look like when you get older. I see the conversation come up often in regards to women. I’ve never seen a wrinkly old woman who looked hot, with or without tattoos. Who gives a shit.

Face tattoos do irritate me some though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're called Social Conservatives.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Because tatoos ruin the looks of some otherwise good looking girls.

I couldn't care less about the guys . . . tatooed or not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I woke up this morning in a great mood just basking in my inky glory.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh. Don't give a shit, your the one that has to live with that decision and constantly justify to yourself why you chose that path, not me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting that tattoo enthusiasts are less concerned about their future?
View Quote
He's not suggesting. OP straight up admitted to getting permanently inked with no regard to how it will look in the future.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Just trying to help folks not make a bad decision or downgrade their image.  

JK.  I don’t care.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Not my body,  not my problem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#43]
My skin is pure.

I truly don't concern my thoughts for a second about how your human graffiti will appear in your old age.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Tatts are dumb and look worse as they age.

I won’t think about tatts for the rest of the day.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't give a shit, but tattoos do not make hot chicks hotter or ugly/fat chicks better looking.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#46]
And why are you worrying about what other people think of your decorations? Go sit in a corner.
You guys are putting the circus freaks out of a job.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#48]
MS13 neck tats will look hilarious under neck wattles and wrinkles.  

Tit chandeliers with saggy boobs and wrinkled chest skin, looking just like grandma's couch doilies crumpled up at the rummage sale.

Sexy pelvic proclaimations, half covered by belly fat, so you have to lift up the FUPA to read "Nympho" in gothic script.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I dont know

I do know the 29 year old I am fucking has ink and I dont give a fuck what they look like when she is 40,50 etc

They look hot now
View Quote

Then don't get her pregnant!!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Tattoos bother(?) me much like looking at an ugly person. I avoid looking at both.

I'm sure they look worse as you get older. But it's not my worry.

You started the thread- it seems to concern you more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top