Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/3/2023 10:59:13 PM EDT
I bought a brand new Glock Model 17 recently and took it shooting today.  I had 3 FTF's  in 50 rounds and it jammed up the gun.  And here I thought G-locks were incapable of bobbling the ammo being fed to it.

P.S.
I wanted to add that I've had several Glocks and never limp-wristed it.  The gun just jammed up 3 times.  My S&W Model 5906 was also shot and it never missed a beat!  G-locks suck!

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It would help if you gave the brand of ammo. Was this quality factory stuff or bubba reloads?

How did it “jam the gun up?” Like it blew the pistol up and now you need a hammer to get it apart?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll bet ammo issues.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
They are great guns but they are not perfect. They can have issues but give it time and it will be damn reliable.

Also in before the limp wrist crew.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
How limp are your wrists??
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
did you lube it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been shooting Glocks since the early 1990's and after many, many thousands of rounds the ONLY FTF and FTE events I ever had were with Shield Arms mags in my 43X

OP needs to provide more details as noted.

Are Glocks the perfect pistol, no, the perfect pistol does not exist...but IMO they are as near to perfection as you can get.

I am going with less than adequate grip and limp wristing the pistol

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you strip it, clean it, and lube it before you took it to the range?  Even brand new weapons can have grit in them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah maybe limp wrist
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought a brand new Glock Model 17 recently and took it shooting today.  I had 3 FTF's  in 50 rounds and it jammed up the gun.  And here I thought G-locks were incapable of bobbling the ammo being fed to it.
View Quote

What 17? Gen3, 4, 5 or 5MOS? did you lube it first or just shoot it with the packing antiseize grease? What mags? Any modifications? Install a red dot sight with screws that were too long?

Most importantly, what ammo?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll bet ammo issues.
View Quote

I’ll bet optic screw too long freezing the extractor, lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I don’t like Glocks, but they have a good reputation for reliability for a reason.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I always clean and lubricate my guns before shooting them.  I like a clean machine.  Nope... I did not limp wrist while shooting.  I usually do my limp wristing at the bar when I go out on the town.  No... I know how to shoot (been shooting and a gun owner over 40 years).  It was simply a matter of the Glock not properly feeding the rounds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always clean and lubricate my guns before shooting them.  I like a clean machine.  Nope... I did not limp wrist while shooting.  I usually do my limp wristing at the bar when I go out on the town.  No... I know how to shoot (been shooting and a gun owner over 40 years).  It was simply a matter of the Glock not properly feeding the rounds.
View Quote

What ammo ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What ammo ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ammo ?
And what brand and capacity magazine?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
My ammo was Hornady Critical Duty.  The very same ammo was ran through the 5906 and it fed/ejected perfectly... unlike the Glock.  The Glock is a
Gen 3 and the magazine is OEM Glock.  It was the gun and NOT me!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My ammo was Hornady Critical Duty.  The very same ammo was ran through the 5906 and it fed/ejected perfectly... unlike the Glock.
View Quote

We get it. Glock sucks.

I will send you a pre-paid shipping label for you to send it to my FFL for proper disposal by me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you give it a solid manly mag tap and solid manly slide rack?

I rarely clean or lube my glocks, it’s not a grade 8 walnut perazzi…
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Glock perfuction in ur butthole
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I will give you $100 cash now for the junk Glock and I will pick it up
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Gen 5 pistols have different shaped opening for the striker to pass through the breechface compared to Gen 3/4 glocks. That has been known to cause Gen 5 strikers to bind due the brass shavings entering the striker channel. I was advised of that issue in a recent armorers class. Clean your striker and striker channel might help.

Nevermind I see above it is a Gen 3.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe you were limp wristing it OP? Has anyone mentioned limp wristing it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Puts 50 whole rounds through a brand new pistol and has 3 issues with the gun. Then, after providing absolutely zero information that would help with diagnosing the issues he’s most likely causing, uses this one single pistol in this one single moment of time  to wholly bash one of the most reliable and durable pistol designs and manufacturers of all time.

Only 3 possible conclusions:

1. Retarded DU plant
3. Or my vote….Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if already posted but maybe limp wristing it ?

??
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Ammo?  147 grain?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Every glock I ever fired blew up and killed me to death. Every time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Shitty guns for shitty people.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]
FWIW I had a new Glock with that issue, turned out the extractor depressor assembly was installed backwards.
Metal to metal, plastic to plastic is how it should be.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

P.S.
I wanted to add that I've had several Glocks and never limp-wristed it.  The gun just jammed up 3 times.  My S&W Model 5906 was also shot and it never missed a beat!  G-locks suck!

View Quote

In the In the seek for perfection, there is only disastrous results.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#31]
glock perfection can only be achieved by replacing the guide rod, mag release, trigger, sights, barrel, & slide, then grinding an undercut into the trigger guard + custom stippling.

garnish with flared magwell + punisher logo back plate & you are ready to turn heads at the local firing line.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Sage
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My ammo was Hornady Critical Duty.  The very same ammo was ran through the 5906 and it fed/ejected perfectly... unlike the Glock.  The Glock is a
View Quote

You bought a new a Gen3 Glock? Did it come with 10-Round mags?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Send it to them. In 25+ glocks I've owned, I had 2 that had issues. It can happen.

A Glock 33 would not feed correctly. When I compared the barrel against another 33, the feed ramp appeared to be slightly shorter. Which made sense, it explained why the rounds kept nosediving into the bottom of it.

The other was a 20SF, that would not shoot hot 10mm ammo. I tried swapping the recoil spring to different weights, and it just would not feed anything other than bullshit watered down stuff, that was going 50fps faster than .40 ammo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this... Gen 3 was 1998-2009 and it was bought new recently?  There's more to the story...
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Came to post this... Gen 3 was 1998-2009 and it was bought new recently?  There's more to the story...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock still makes the Gen3 for the California market. They come with 10-round mags.

Glock ten round mags for the 17 and 19 are not reliable. Usually failing to feed the last round in the mag, particularly with hollow points
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Just imagine the rant from the OP if it were a 1911…
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Glock still makes the Gen3 for the California market. They come with 10-round mags.

Glock ten round mags for the 17 and 19 are not reliable. Usually failing to feed the last round in the mag, particularly with hollow points
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is interesting. I did not know that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The “fix” is to replace the magazine follower with a 9mm1 or 9mm3 follower. Though that will sometimes result in the mag holding 11-Rounds.

The real fix is to throw the 10-Round mags in the trash and use a new factory17-Round mag
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh my gawd! 87 gazillion Glocks out there, and one didn’t work at 50 rounds. Might as well throw all mine in the trash now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
glock perfection can only be achieved by replacing the guide rod, mag release, trigger, sights, barrel, & slide, then grinding an undercut into the trigger guard + custom stippling.

garnish with flared magwell + punisher logo back plate & you are ready to turn heads at the local firing line.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Limper than he thinks or wants to admit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Jesus Christ! It's a fucking 9mm. Just give it a firm handshake.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup and every other manufacturer never had a lemon go out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#45]
I just had to send a gen 5 17 mos back to the factory after it couldn't get through a mag of HSTs after multiple attempts. Apparently there was something wrong dimensionally with the breech face causing it. I sold it because I don't feel like keeping a gun around I can't trust.

I still trust my other glocks and will probably get another 17 mos to replace it soon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s trolling. Otherwise he would answer questions and we would have already diagnosed and fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Gen 3 FTW
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Gee spot you had such bad luck. I’ll give you $10. For that broken POS .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top