Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/24/2023 11:30:59 PM EDT
https://news.yahoo.com/rep-lauren-boebert-says-she-182640302.html

Rep. Lauren Boebert says she decided it was 'cheaper to have a kid' after seeing the price of one month of birth control: 'Now I have my third son'

Rep. Boebert said she decided it was "cheaper to have a kid" after seeing the price of birth control.

The Colorado GOP congresswoman had her first child when she was in high school.

She said it "turned out to be a really great thing," noting that she's since had three children.

Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado made an eyebrow-raising comment on Wednesday: that she first began having children after balking at the price of birth control at a local pharmacy.

"My staff is probably gonna talk to me about this later," Boebert quipped as she began recounting the "fun little story" during a House Oversight Committee hearing on prescription drugs on Wednesday.

Boebert asked witness Kevin Duane, the owner of a pharmacy in Jacksonville, Florida, if he'd seen patients leave their prescribed medicines at his pharmacy due to being unable to pay — before saying that she had done just that.

"I left a prescription at a pharmacy once — I went to get birth control," said Boebert. "I was there at the counter, and went to pay for it, and the price was very, very high."

Boebert said she initially thought the cost may have been for a three to six-month prescription, but was informed that it was just for one month.

"And I said, 'it's cheaper to have a kid,'" Boebert recalled. "And I left it there, and now I have my third son, Kaydon Boebert."

"It turned out to be a really great thing," Boebert added.[/i]

Boebert, who recently filed for divorce from her husband of 20 years, dropped out of high school after becoming pregnant with her first child in 2004. The Colorado congresswoman later made the local news for delivering her third son, Kaydon, in a pick-up truck.

According to Planned Parenthood, birth control pills can cost up to $50 per month, depending on health insurance coverage.

Not that having a child by choice isn't a "Good Thing!" (I love my four wonderful children! - best parts of my life that ever happened! ) but perhaps her math skills may be a bit "off" if she seriously thinks the cost of raising a child for 18 years cost was LESS than a package of Trojans (even adjusted for Biden-Flation) ...

Best wishes to her & her Children.  

She missed a great opportunity to name her 3rd "F-150" or "Silverado"...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like her, and I’m glad she’s in Congress.

But that statement is window licking retarded.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeh her and MTG are the conservatives AOC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, she's retarded.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong with beautiful conservative wimminz having more than 2.5 children.  Your chests should swell with pride!

Seriously, good for her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Her book was actually pretty interesting. She’s one of the real people who slip through occasionally and make all kinds of waves in the hive of villains in DC
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s some GED level math lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Way to make the lefts case for them, damn
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
She's very much on our side.  The left has made her a target because she is strongly on our side.  We should not fall into the left's trap and parrot crap that they push to try to make her look bad.

They are out to get her.  She must be a threat to them.  She must be doing something right.

Mocking the very ones that are working the hardest for conservative causes does not help our cause.

Does the OP have any comments about Adam Schiff or Chuck Schumer?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't believe she didn't tip the pharmacist.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can't believe she didn't tip the pharmacist.
View Quote

Maybe that's how she had her first kid?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#13]
According to Planned Parenthood, birth control pills can cost up to $50 per month,
View Quote

In what world is even $50 a month cheaper than a kid?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Good, she got her some real good retard attention. She should be good for a while.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing the haters didn't actually watch the video of her telling her story on how she sarcastically made the comment when she found out how much birth control was and couldn't afford it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
According to Planned Parenthood, birth control pills can cost up to $50 per month,

If you’re poor the state pays you to have kids
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the haters didn't actually watch the video of her telling her story on how she sarcastically made the comment when she found out how much birth control was and couldn't afford it.
View Quote

She made & had a kid ... in less time that it took "Bakhmut to fall" .

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The losers lurking around here don’t have time fo dat shit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but you know what, a lot of Democrats that elected Biden actually do think along those lines (relative cost comparisons trump moral or ethical principles).
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course not, it's a Never Trumper thread. Brought to you by the great conservative press company Yahoo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It must be heartening to know "Ms. Mathematics" will soon be voting on the entire US Federal Budget - with a default deadline rapidly approaching.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#22]
That's real retarded, ma'am.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#23]
She’s not too much older than me and already a grandma, that blows my mind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I abhor abortion, but can you imagine the welfare rolls, if we didn't have it.  It will also help with this reparations BS.  They can't even get back to third generation because...WE WAS KANGS!  I am a fan of Boebert.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I watched the video. I think it’s a tongue and cheek thing. She stepped up to the plate and took care of those kids. This is also coming from ultra Marxist yahoo news which says a lot about OP and where he gets his news.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
The Stork brings the babies, the Swallow keeps them away.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:26:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Oof.

I thought this could be a joke and TL:DR. From the responses, she is serious?

Oof

still wood tho
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Cringe. Where is this from?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Her book was actually pretty interesting. She’s one of the real people who slip through occasionally and make all kinds of waves in the hive of villains in DC
View Quote

Many in GD seem to prefer the villains of DC, since those villains appear to be “smart”.

Ah well, that’s the problem with making sarcastic comments, they get taken out of context by propagandists and lapped up by sheep looking for affirmation for their beliefs.  Of course it ultimately doesn’t matter, the Leftists could vilify a ham sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#32]
If her and AOC were to make out, topless, would that unite the country?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I watched the video. I think it’s a tongue and cheek thing. She stepped up to the plate and took care of those kids. This is also coming from ultra Marxist yahoo news which says a lot about OP and where he gets his news.
View Quote

I don't think it was tongue and cheek thing, but her actual statement was paradoxical testimony that birth control was a bad idea in retrospect. What she really did say was that, indeed, birth control was something she couldn't afford, and for her that turned out to be a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because she is a window licking retard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't think it was tongue and cheek thing, but her actual statement was paradoxical testimony that birth control was a bad idea in retrospect. What she really did say was that, indeed, birth control was something she couldn't afford, and for her that turned out to be a good thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's a divorced 36 year old grandmother.

Most of GD picks on hood rats for that exact same type of circumstance. Somehow this woman gets a pass though.

I really hope her kids aren't as dumb as she is, but the certainly doesn't seem to be the case so far.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#36]
LOVE how you folks do the jobs DEMOCRATS won't do...

gun loving arfcommers mocking a gun loving Republican Rep...great, keep it up

you'll help get a democrat elected in her place..
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:59:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Priorities, she doesn't have any.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
A divorced, 36 year-old grandmother, who is now, in part, tasked with our nation's finances.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#39]
It's a damn shame she's not nearly as smart as the Prius drivers who sip tea while listening to NPR Weekend Update and reading The Atlantic on Sundays before they go to nondenominational churches with plenty of "We believe that black lives matter and and trans kids exist and no human being is illegal signs" and not a cross to be found, who are smarter than her and will signal both their virtue and their education at every possible opportunity.
/sarc

My donation to her 2024 campaign just got fifty bucks taller.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A divorced, 36 year-old grandmother, who is now, in part, tasked with our nation's finances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fine. She wears a gun and GD thinks she's hot with her Clark Kent glasses disguise on......it's gonna be fine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI, again
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Her little anecdote is less disturbing than the fact that she named the baby "Kaydon."

White Trash goes to Washington.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Stork brings the babies, the Swallow keeps them away.
View Quote

Something similar was Tweeted recently.

Plenty of ways to have fun that don't end with pregnancy and don't require birth control.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

In retard politician land
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If her and AOC were to make out, topless, would that unite the country?
View Quote

The bulls would be VERY up in arms over such.

Lesbian drama is practically guaranteed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#46]
She’s an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Most of GD picks on hood rats for that exact same type of circumstance. Somehow this woman gets a pass though.

I really hope her kids aren't as dumb as she is, but the certainly doesn't seem to be the case so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm, she's white. Nuff said
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#48]
I met her at the 2020 Lobby Day rally in Richmond.  No one had told her that it was cold in VA in January and she was very underdressed for the weather.  She froze her ass off the whole day to support us in what was primed to be a violent situation.  She may not be perfect, but she's on our team and she fights.  

I gave her two handwarmers.  I should have gave her my top layer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
First there are like 6 people in government that determine our nation's finances.

Congress votes as a block, and typically as they are told to vote.

2nd, you never see democrats dogpilling their allies due to the many flaws they have.  We may be principalled but if we don't have the votes that won't matter.

Dumb shit thing to say maybe but I can count on her to vote the way I'd want on the things that matter.  Isn't that the point?

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll take her as congresswoman over literally ANY democrat alive.

I like her.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top