Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/8/2023 12:13:17 PM EDT
This date pops up on my calendar looking ahead to what I need to do this week. There’s an asterisk on the calendar.

I was listening to the air band to this in real time.

Everyone around me knew he wasn’t coming back from the sound of his voice. A sad and broken man who in the end, just wanted to do a barrel roll. Some here just call him a thief. Some call him a hero. Can he be both?

Rest in peace Richard “Beebo” Russel.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Godspeed, Sky King.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Harambe and him need a place
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Godspeed Sky King. Youve taken your place among the stars with Killdozer and Harambe. A free spirit, even in the end.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]

He did that fucking barrel roll too!
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Story?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Story?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Story?
View Quote

Jackass stole a $20 million jet and crashed it.  But he did a barrel roll first, so that makes him super cool.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He did that fucking barrel roll too!
View Quote

Damn right he did
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Stealing An Aircraft in Plain Sight | The Case of "Sky King" Beebo Russell
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.
View Quote

Yep. In on this shitshow.

Also, in before "dats wut inshurants is fur!"
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Story?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
It may only go a page or two.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I worked for the same company doing the same thing there back in college. I wanted to kill myself too. Worst job I ever had.

Rest in peace, Sky King. You went out with style…
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#20]
RIP, Sky King.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.
View Quote

Nah, nobody hurt. Went out on his own terms.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Helluva story
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
This is what happens when the pilot leaves the keys in the plane.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#24]
He was objectively a thief.  No getting around that.

Nothing about what he did rises to the level of heroism.  His actions were self-serving, which is the antithesis of heroism.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol found the 2 guys that work for the insurance industry

ETA: 3 guys now
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Some kid in Mississippi tried that sometime maybe a year ago. Ended up belly-down in a big beanfield. He lived through the crash landing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assume I’m number 3?  What about my post makes you think that?  Because I understand the definitions of theft and heroism?

Folks on this forum usually have contempt for people who steal cars.  How is what this guy did different?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Dicks out for Sky King
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't agree with what the kid did but I understand.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I assume I'm number 3?  What about my post makes you think that?  Because I understand the definitions of theft and heroism?

Folks on this forum usually have contempt for people who steal cars.  How is what this guy did different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume I'm number 3?  What about my post makes you think that?  Because I understand the definitions of theft and heroism?

Nobody on arfcom actually has a supermodel wife, a 20 million dollar jet, and a 8 inch....

It can safely be assumed that they identify as the guy in Falling Down more than the guy who's jet got stolen.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Jackass stole a $20 million jet and crashed it.  But he did a barrel roll first, so that makes him super cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story?

I'll concede that the guy was a jackass, but the plane wasn't a jet, and it wasn't worth $20 million.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
...I don't know why I'm adding to this, I know better...

He's more-or-less an anti-hero.

Nothing he is doing is right or good.

But from his perspective, he's at the end of his rope with nothing left to lose.

And people like that should be feared and revered - not for their virtue or greatness, but because only when a person becomes truly desperate and untethered do you really see what a human is capable of...  

You see bullshit like it in movies and books all the time, but people rarely embody it in reality.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is what happens when the pilot leaves the keys in the plane.
View Quote

No door lock, no keys, spare cockpit key is hidden in the cabin.

Battery master APU start, then 1  then 2
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll concede that the guy was a jackass, but the plane wasn't a jet, and it wasn't worth $20 million. Are you retarded or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story?

I'll concede that the guy was a jackass, but the plane wasn't a jet, and it wasn't worth $20 million. Are you retarded or something?

So far what I’m finding on Google is more like $30 million for a new Dash-8 Q400.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nobody on arfcom actually has a supermodel wife, a 20 million dollar jet, and a 8 inch....

It can safely be assumed that they identify as the guy in Falling Down more than the guy who's jet got stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I’ve noticed Marxist concepts like class warfare are popular among the nominally anti-communist GD crowd.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nah, nobody hurt. Went out on his own terms.
View Quote

If I stole from you would you say I didn’t hurt anyone?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#37]
These threads say more about the romanticizing of futile antisocial gestures and acting out tantrums by chronically frustrated and angry ARFcommers than it does about a suicidally despondent man who chose to commit the theft and intentional destruction of a huge asset out of self pity.
I'm sure the insurance company came out just fine, and that 20 mil was spread out among all its innocent customers.
Plus a lil sumpin extra.
So, yay?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, I’ve noticed Marxist concepts like class warfare are popular among the nominally anti-communist GD crowd.
View Quote

Are billionaire generational globalist communists a class you feel you shouldn't rebel against?

Not a Marxist concept it's a decency concept...

Resistance to luciferian tyrants is loyalty to God
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I saw many grown men give him a moment of silence upon his crash. Respect for that it was purported no one but himself had passed or was injured. Rolling stone tabloid tried to claim he had brain damage from playing football and cited that as a potential cause.

Everyone who heard him in real time it was a broken soul.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
These threads say more about the romanticizing of futile antisocial gestures and acting out tantrums by chronically frustrated and angry ARFcommers than it does about a suicidally despondent man who chose to commit the theft and intentional destruction of a huge asset out of self pity.
I'm sure the insurance company came out just fine, and that 20 mil was spread out among all its innocent customers.
Plus a lil sumpin extra.
So, yay?
View Quote

Rhetorically...how many Arfcommers do you think saw an increase in their insurance rates from this little jaunt?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But from his perspective, he's at the end of his rope with nothing left to lose.

And people like that should be feared and revered - not for their virtue or greatness, but because only when a person becomes truly desperate and untethered do you really see what a human is capable of...  

You see bullshit like it in movies and books all the time, but people rarely embody it in reality.
View Quote

This is a very good post and the best explanation I ever read of Sky King.    Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Idolizing a dumbass.  It's what the internet does.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also throw in a dash of "there but for the grace of God..."
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'll concede that the guy was a jackass, but the plane wasn't a jet, and it wasn't worth $20 million.
View Quote

You're right.

The Q400 costs about 32 million... if it's an NG... then it's worth a tick over 33 million.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#46]
It Is what happens when a man has had enough. Godspeed Skyking.

Extended audio: Horizon employee talks with air traffic control in cockpit
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vanishing Point, but with a stolen airplane rather than a Dodge.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Rhetorically...how many Arfcommers do you think saw an increase in their insurance rates from this little jaunt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plus a lil sumpin extra.
So, yay?

From the various ARF postings,I'd guess about 40% own Lears that they paid cash for...so that many?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It Is what happens when a man has had enough. Godspeed Skyking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DstWZY_eUOc
View Quote

Somehow I bet if someone stole your car and wrapped it around a tree, you'd have other words for them than "Godspeed."
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story?

for knowing what a jet is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top