Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Posted: 8/27/2023 3:52:14 PM EDT
Arrival early Wednesday is the current prediction.  Of course this is a predicted path and it can change.

The following charts appear to be auto-updating.   Verify a recent date/time on each chart for currency.

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16§or=gm&band=GEOCOLOR&length=24

Florida road conditions map
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to take texashomeserver’s job you could at least post the NWS photos.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Arrival early Wednesday is the current prediction.
View Quote

Let’s see how pedo Joe addresses this one . We know Ron DeSantis will do an excellent job
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are going to take texashomeserver’s job you could at least post the NWS photos.
View Quote

Which would you like?  I am updating the OP.  Based upon the rainfall possibility, multiple states in the southeast need to maintain awareness and take take suitable precautions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You can see where the storm is riding the eastern edge of the high pressure ridge that's been squatting over the southeast for months.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
well i guess it was knowing y'all
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do know quality NWS images. Helps with the presentation.

http://superscreamer.com/

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like the track keeps jogging east. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend kept up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
turn all your fans on high and point them west plz

we'll take all the rain you don't want

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t see anyone around Tampa remotely panicking yet. No lines at the gas pump and no boarding up yet. I was filling up my propane tanks for the smoker yesterday at Tractor Supply and it was quiet. Guy said it had been crazy earlier though. I never understood why people don’t leisurely prepare for a potential loss of power by altering their routine and topping off the car etc well in advance rather than waiting for a run on everything. It’s not like you won’t use the fuel in your car or the propane for your grill. If it does look like Tampa Bay is going to get hit I’ll be sitting at home eating popcorn and watching the idiots on the news fighting for sheets of plywood or over cases of water.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I'll tidy up the deck on the boat tomorrow, got crap scattered all over it.

Taking a mental health day today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#11]
We could use the rain really.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]
The surge maps are out -

EURO teased Idalia in the upper 970mbs today at landfall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don’t see anyone around Tampa remotely panicking yet. No lines at the gas pump and no boarding up yet. I was filling up my propane tanks for the smoker yesterday at Tractor Supply and it was quiet. Guy said it had been crazy earlier though. I never understood why people don’t leisurely prepare for a potential loss of power by altering their routine and topping off the car etc well in advance rather than waiting for a run on everything. It’s not like you won’t use the fuel in your car or the propane for your grill. If it does look like Tampa Bay is going to get hit I’ll be sitting at home eating popcorn and watching the idiots on the news fighting for sheets of plywood or over cases of water.
View Quote

For the non-Floridians on the forums, my fellow FloBro is basically saying that real Floridians don't get out of bed for anything less than a category 3. Tropical storms are a free way to water the grass and fill the pool.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s going to rain. Y’all better panic and get your grocery store raiding parties organized.

Bottled water. Milk. Bread. NOW!

Motherfuckin’ French toast for errybody.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/JLlS-BoBDDAAAAAC/come-on-over-here.gif
View Quote

for real
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For the non-Floridians on the forums, my fellow FloBro is basically saying that real Floridians don't get out of bed for anything less than a category 3. Tropical storms are a free way to water the grass and fill the pool.
View Quote

Assuming that it makes landfall in the US, let us go for ZERO fatalities.   No repeats of the Maui incompetence by authorities.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
No rain for N Ga, and we could use some
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Just in time for the fucking weekend god damnit
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are not ready by now you are screwed, but it's just a tropical storm.
So true, I don't see much panic around the Tampa area, most here are prepared for a storm like this.
Now if we are talking about a Cat 3 cane or higher then, Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Latest intensity models -

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
.. It’s not like you won’t use the fuel in your car or the propane for your grill...
View Quote

The great thing about propane is that it never goes bad. 4 20# LPG tanks are topped off and patiently waiting. One is under the grill and mostly full, and another is empty because I've been busy and absent-minded.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like it keeps turning harder East after/as it crosses Florida with every update.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like it keeps turning harder East after/as it crosses Florida with every update.
View Quote

It is a prediction and path changes are common.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We could use the rain really.
View Quote

So could we in swfl.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea no kidding.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh, hum!
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very aware. The change in direction also often continues; so right now, it shows the center of the storm tracking right up the coast. Decent chance it'll continue to bend further out to sea over the next few updates.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Now the crowds will be going to Costco. Being under a Hurricane Watch will do that.

Sunday 5pm NHC track update on Idalia. Hurricane Watches and Storm Surge Watches are now up. Expected intensity bumped to 100mph. CAT 2 now. Small shift east.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
beat
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#30]
As it stands right now, it’s going right over my house late Wednesday morning.

time to get some milk, eggs, and bread; French Toast time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As it stands right now, it’s going right over my house late Wednesday morning.
View Quote

Cat 2, 100 mph winds with a night landfall is going to be intense. And, the surge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Last few storms they said were headed to Tampa turned East at the last minute. If this one turns early there will be a lot of storm surge flooding at a minimum. Tampa’s overdue for a hit and the geography of the bay will significantly amplify the effect if it rides up the bay.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#33]
A Major Storm Is Brewing In The Gulf...

Ryan hall is the OG for this type of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

.       I would gladly take some much needed rain without a lot of wind
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I stay ready, we have been without electric from afternoon storms as much as Hurricanes.. We have a propane stove and appliances. 2 gasoline generators, 25 gallons of stabilized gasoline, 5 more empty 5 gallon gas cans that can be filled if storm looks to be a nasty one. There is 15 gallons of water in the house for toilet flushing, we have a water well and septic tank.  I keep a decent supply of canned and dried foods on hand. I still have 10 quarts of canned deer and wild hog meat. We try to stay prepared. 2 years ago My parents gave us a 4Patriots battery generator, we have used it twice this year..
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Wind gust map, it only goes 72 hours out from the present location.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#37]
love having to haul the boat out for these.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Good. We need the rain
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#39]
OST
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Pretty well prepped here, though I may snag some goodies in the morning before more madness.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Was kind of hoping for a year off from hurricanes. Guess not.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Moved more east than expected. I have been guessing landfall Tampa or South. Now I'm predicting the Key West will feel some winds.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The electron hoarding by EV owners has already begun…
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I wanted it to come to Texas, we need the rain but all we get are illegal aliens
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]

*looks at the predicted rainfall totals*

How is this even news?

IT'S A SUMMER STORM.

*hard facepalm*

I hope it stays that way but ...
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If people in the know are starting to prepare, someone must know something
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#50]

People who are actually in the know prepare before those who think they are in the know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top