Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/17/2023 10:15:48 AM EDT
I got into a disagreement with a friend about a month ago. He mouthed off to a stranger and got attacked. He was very upset and surprised he got attacked. I told him he should mind his own business and keep his mouth shut. There is always the potential for violence. He said i was paranoid and delusional.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was a work neighbor. About twenty years ago he was managing a shop a town over. Some crazy guy came in and started making a scene. He told him to leave twice and then said he was calling the police. He didnt even get to the phone. He woke up in the hospital. He said he didnt expect that to happen. I think i said its always a possibilty and he said i was crazy or something.

I deal with the general public every day at work. I dont think im paranoid or scared of the world but if an interaction goes south im always thinking it might get physical. Ive never been the victim of a violent crime.

Neither of these guys carry or own guns and they have no idea i do.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. I CC and don't talk shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got into a disagreement with a friend about a month ago. He mouthed off to a stranger and got attacked. He was very upset and surprised he got attacked. I told him he should mind his own business and keep his mouth shut. There is always the potential for violence. He said i was paranoid and delusional.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was a work neighbor. About twenty years ago he was managing a shop a town over. Some crazy guy came in and started making a scene. He told him to leave twice and then said he was calling the police. He didnt even get to the phone. He woke up in the hospital. He said he didnt expect that to happen. I think i said its always a possibilty and he said i was crazy or something.

I deal with the general public every day at work. I dont think im paranoid or scared of the world but if an interaction goes south im always thinking it might get physical. Ive never been the victim of a violent crime.

View Quote

I am always prepared for violence.

Violence is the gold standard, the reserve that guarantees order. In actuality, it is better than a gold standard, because violence has universal value. Violence transcends the quirks of philosophy, religion, technology and culture. People say that music is a universal language, but a punch in the face hurts the same no matter what language you speak or what kind of music you prefer. If you are trapped in a room with me and I grab a pipe and gesture to strike you with it, no matter who you are, your monkey brain will immediately understand “or else what.”  And thereby, a certain order is achieved.

Jack Donovan
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Always.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
People are easily triggered.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Teddy Roosevelt covered this subject a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I mind my own business and keep my head on a swivel. I don't even make eye contact with randos because you never know when someone is looking to act a fool or had a bad day or wants to die etc
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.

But I do everything in my power to avoid people & places that are likely to cause issues.

You’d be amazed how much trouble you can avoid by keeping your mouth shut, MYOB & being home by dark.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Me:

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#12]
i hurt somebody's feelings once.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#14]
You have to be this day and age.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Your friend is a dumb-ass, and will suffer more ass beatings.

Probably want to avoid him in circumstances where he might act the ass.

Boyfriend of sister of my DIL was recently stabbed in the neck after mouthing off at strangers outside Baltimore Orioles stadium. He lived. But talks funny now. Maybe next time the strangers will just mistake him for a retard.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Expect the unexpected.  

Too many snowflakes out there who are triggered way too easily.

Be aware of your surroundings.

So, Yes to your question.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Going to an elementary school where I was one of the 10% in a 90% minority school trained me well, and put eyes in the back of my head.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Absolutely and by violence I mean I'm prepared to defend myself/family. I mind my own business and I'm polite to everyone, even people who might not deserve it. People have lost their morals and minds in this country.............getting in a argument/fight isn't worth someone getting shot or stabbed. That being said, I'm always aware of my surroundings and am ready to defend my family.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#20]
So two people who should have learned that lesson, didn’t?

They get what they deserve then. I’m not interested in trying to teach anything to someone who won’t take responsibility for themselves or too stupid to learn obvious lessons.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Five years ago, only when I was down range or in some areas CONUS. Now it’s 24/7 regardless of location. Society has gone mad and you could be in a life or death situation pretty much anywhere.it sucks but that’s our new reality
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Not really.

Just keep your head on your shoulders and pay attention to the people around you.

Also, don't argue with strangers over dumb shit, it's a waste of time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

b b b b bingo

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is, it's the only answer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Always.
View Quote

Same.

But I don't flex.

I just stay alert.  

If that keeps me from being fully engaged in a conversation with friends, I'm fine with that.  I can still listen but watch my surroundings
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Where do you live OP?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I tell this story every once in a while...

Two cars on the highway, very early on a Sunday morning. (Perhaps alcohol was involved?) Somehow, the people in the two vehicles end up in a dispute.
Through the use of shouted obscenities and obscene hand gestures, it is mutually agreed upon that the matter will be settled on the side of the road.
The first car veers sharply to the shoulder, stops... and waits.

The second car pulls to the shoulder perhaps 50 feet ahead of the first vehicle, and 5 angry young men pile out.
The young men begin to approach the first vehicle, the occupants of which still have not exited their vehicle.
After letting them close distance, the driver of the first vehicle finally hits the gas, runs down all 5 young men, and drives away.

The moral of the story?
When you fuck with strangers, you have no idea who you're fucking with.
You have no idea what they're willing to do; you have no idea how far they're willing to go.
People being killed over stupid, insignificant, shit is a story as old as the hills.
I'm not saying walk around like a bitch, taking shit from people.
Just understand, once strangers are involved, there's no telling where things will end up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#28]
I absolutely mind my own business, and greet everyone with a smile and a polite attitude.

Because I trust no one outside of my tight circle. I carry always, and try to train as much as possible.

NOTE: I am not a badass, don't think I am a badass, and never will be a badass.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I wish the world was a fantasy land that so many Libs believe we live in.

But it ain't.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes. Most people have no situational awareness because they live where violence is rare. As a young man I did a few years of martial arts. I'm not a bad ass but I'm very aware of distancing and posture.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#31]
A gunshot means the same thing in every language
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, and when I’m in public I avoid confrontation at all costs. My goal is to make it back to my family every time.

This summer I was finishing getting gas from the pumps, I get in my truck to pull forward and go inside to buy a drink. A guy in a car comes flying through the parking lot entrance and cuts me off, taking my spot… no big deal, I pull 3 spots over and take the other empty spot, think nothing of it.

The driver of the other car,  fat dude in his mid 50s comes running over to my truck in shorts, flip flops, annd his gut hanging out from under his tshirt and screams, “What the fuck? You almost hit me.”
I say, “sorry man”
He screams, “Nah fuck that, are you blind?”
I say, “Sorry sir, I’ll be more careful next time”
He refuses to let it go, and tries boxing me in between him and my truck. I create space by backing away so I’m not in sucker punch range, and realize this is about to turn into a fistfight.
I say, “It looks like you want to fight, if you want to fight we can fight right now, but I really just want to go inside and get a drink and go home.”
He looks at my t-shirt that says the name of my local MMA/Jiu Jitsu gym, and says, “You look like the kind of guy who would sue me if we fight”
I said, “Have a nice day sir”
He gets in his car and leaves, doesn’t even go into the store.

I fucking hate people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Recommend
What is your #1 priority when you leave your home? You have to set one and carry it out.

Violence of Mind: Training and Preparation for Extreme Violence
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Most Americans have been removed from the harsher realities of life and the potential savagery of man for far too long, many of them have never experienced it in their entire lives.

To them, the thought of violence never even enters their head, so of course they think you’re crazy.

You’d think one would learn after experiencing something like you describe, but many won’t and don’t.  If history is any indication, the relative tranquility seen throughout this country won’t last forever, so they refuse to recognize these basic truths at their own peril.

#ohwell
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Always shut up and walk away.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is, it's the only answer.
View Quote

And unlike most other forms of social interaction, it does not require both parties to agree to participate. This is why it catches people unaccustomed to it by surprise.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah violence is always in the minds of everyone. It's just human nature. We have to be taught to be civilized. We start as little savages as children. Parents must teach the kids how to act. Some kids learn that fighting isn't appropriate and must walk away. And other kids have zero self control and anger issues and short tempers. They are always getting into trouble. You could look at someone wrong and get killed. You just never know what's going on in a persons mind.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Be prepared. For what you ask? ANYTHING. It's a crazy world. One of MANY stupid things people do,,,I was at a gas station filling up and walked to the back of my truck to look at something. When I turned back toward the cab a GUY WAS CRAWLING IN MY TRUCK!!! Turned out it was just a dumbass 15 year old kid that wanted to leave some info about his business and thought putting it on my dash was the smart play. Could have ended really badly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes, and when I’m in public I avoid confrontation at all costs. My goal is to make it back to my family every time.

This summer I was finishing getting gas from the pumps, I get in my truck to pull forward and go inside to buy a drink. A guy in a car comes flying through the parking lot entrance and cuts me off, taking my spot… no big deal, I pull 3 spots over and take the other empty spot, think nothing of it.

The driver of the other car,  fat dude in his mid 50s comes running over to my truck in shorts, flip flops, annd his gut hanging out from under his tshirt and screams, “What the fuck? You almost hit me.”
I say, “sorry man”
He screams, “Nah fuck that, are you blind?”
I say, “Sorry sir, I’ll be more careful next time”
He refuses to let it go, and tries boxing me between him and my truck. I create space by backing away so I’m not in sucker punch range, and realize this is about to turn into a fistfight.
I say, “It looks like you want to fight, if you want to fight we can fight right now, but I really just want to go inside and get a drink and go home.”
He looks at my t-shirt that says the name of my local MMA/Jiu Jitsu gym, and says, “You look like the kind of guy who would sue me if we fight”
I said, “Have a nice day sir”
He gets in his car and leaves, doesn’t even go into the store.

I fucking hate people.
View Quote
You had me up until then.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I apologize profusely to avoid having to kill them.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's always an option. I keep it at the ready like soldier with an M-4.  If it's possible then I want to be ready.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You had me up until then.
View Quote

Perhaps it was my shirt, my gross wanton looking cauliflower ears, or when I calmly said we can fight if you want to fight. Whatever it was, it snapped him out of it. I’m glad it did too, because there were no cameras in that parking lot, and fighting on concrete is something I never want to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#44]
You must avoid the confrontation at almost all costs. When the time comes for it, swift and violent is the answer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I try to stay in orange and do a threat assessment of people whenever I go anywhere.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I worked behind bars for 32 yrs so yeah I'm familiar with the harsh reality of violence.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Teddy Roosevelt covered this subject a long time ago.
View Quote

Walk softly and carry a big stick ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I mind my own business and keep my head on a swivel. I don't even make eye contact with randos because you never know when someone is looking to act a fool or had a bad day or wants to die etc
View Quote

I look everyone in the eye. I want to know what they're thinking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#49]
It’s always an option.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Walk softly and carry a big stick ?
View Quote

Don’t ever hit a man…but if you do, put him to sleep
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top