Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/28/2022 6:32:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
@Mageever
@Atlmike

@Green0 When is the full auto torture test?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Mageever
@Atlmike

@Green0 When is the full auto torture test?
View Quote

I'd like to thank Green0 for his gracious "decent first attempt" rating.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice to see some qualitative flash comparisons.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s what she said.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I regret buying the Griffin copy of an Octane 9 several years back. Wow.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely howling laughing. Thanks, bro.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought for a minute I was reading a review from Wine Speculator.  

Of course none of us knows how much work or how many attempts goes into a design.  With the latest crop of 5.56 offerings the stamp blessers are going to be busy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Would you say we have a plethora of good 5.56 offerings available?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
How does the Recce5 Mod4 stack up?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love this place
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't regret having Griffin upgrade my Octane a year or so ago.  The performance of their "copied" baffles mysteriously stomps the shit out of the originals.  Weird.

They posted some performance comparisons of recent cans like everyone wants, which is helpful for those making purchasing decisions currently.  They've also posted comparisons where their own can did not come out on top (Nomad beat the 30 cal Explorr in several categories, I LOVE my Nomad 30) .  Manufacturers competing for our business benefits us, this is a good thing.  If people want to make their buying decisions based on hurt feels rather than data (albeit data provided by a competing manufacturer), then by all means enjoy your lower performance, more expensive, yet virtue-signalling purchase that you now get to wait 3-12 months for  While a torture test comparison would be loads of fun to watch, I'm far more interested in weight, sound, and flash performance since I don't have a M249 Para and pallets of free ammo  Thanks for the video!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Great video, thanks. I might have to pick up an Explorr for my 16” AR. It’s got an overgassed carbine gas system though, so it probably wouldn’t be able to live up to those numbers at the ear.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#19]
When is the Recce 5 going to have a HUB option?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#20]
was the flash testing just those 3 rounds? curious to know how representative it is of spirited (not dumping) 2-3 mag firing cycles.
Quoted:
When is the Recce 5 going to have a HUB option?
View Quote

also, seconds on this
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
The way this comparison was framed/worded doesn't change my mind regarding purchasing a Griffin can over a Dead Air one - I have a feeling many will feel the same as I do.

It just make me want to stay further away from Griffin in general.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I love this place
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Why is the front of the suppressor forward of the mic location, dissimilar to the bare muzzle device on the unsuppressed baselines?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The way this comparison was framed/worded doesn't change my mind regarding purchasing a Griffin can over a Dead Air one - I have a feeling many will feel the same as I do.

It just make me want to stay further away from Griffin in general.
View Quote

I do not regret purchasing a DA can over any Griffen can.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#26]
@green0

This was cool. Were the rifles tuned at all for optimal performance? Or are they 'stock' rifles?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ill still buy the Sierra 5 just due to the knurling.

I was wondering does the Explorr .224 have self baffle removal after the first mag like some of the Recce cans?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I love this place
View Quote

This is one of the busiest threads in the sub-forum right now.  That would be cool if it were over technical merits instead of social, popularity contest concerns.  Probably puts more eyes on the video comparison so there’s that.  

One thing I’ve noticed in many of Griffin’s vids where the unsuppressed host is tested as a baseline, it clearly demonstrates how brakes (particularly on shorter barrels) deliver a 2 to 6 dB higher hit at the ears than at the 1-meter left of muzzle reference position.  Conventional wisdom is brakes only hammer/bother the fudds to the left and right on the firing line. Shooters anticipate blast so they don’t think they are thumping themselves, only the spectators. At 170 dB a 2dB increase at the ears over a meter to the side is a substantial increase in absolute pressure units. I’ve yet to see testing on blast shrouds that are available to put over some brakes. It does seem like open prong flash hiders are the least concussive (to the shooter), muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was wondering does the Explorr .224 have self baffle removal after the first mag like some of the Recce cans?
View Quote

I think the rattling “feature” is just in the Reece.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There never was self baffle "removal"- that's a gross misrepresentation of the issue- no cans ever came apart- but I get what you mean on the rattle issue, we went to laser welding for the Recce core, so it's a better welding process and is automated now. The Laser welding is superior to tig.
View Quote

I thought you blamed that issue on a disgruntled employee and not the production method?

Interesting how stories can change over time.

Which way should they point their “collectible” silencer again?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't know so many people bought cans based on politics of a company, seems like a lot of whining in here -- I'm just looking for performance
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I didn't know so many people bought cans based on politics of a company, seems like a lot of whining in here -- I'm just looking for performance
View Quote

There is a natural correlation between a person's character and the integrity of their testing, and rightly so. It's wise to recognize that correlation when considering these results.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Why not make the HRT can available to the public?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Green0 might get the marketing department to get that added to their cans ASAP. Probably call it the C-Era Five.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's kind of sad.

I think there's a ton of justifying certain expensive purchases and butthurt over potentially cheaper and lighter products performing better.
View Quote

You can tell from this thread who is a fanboy of certain brands. Why don’t you look at the individual products?

I have suppressors from surefire, OSS, and rugged already. I care about the product not the name of the company
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I don’t own griffin yet but the explorr .224 looks to be quite interesting with it’s all around specs and performance. @Green0 do you have anything quantifiable that shows how well eco flow baffles actually work?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's kind of sad.

I think there's a ton of justifying certain expensive purchases and butthurt over potentially cheaper and lighter products performing better.
View Quote

Or some consumers consider more than just numbers when making (lifetime) purchase decisions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Or some consumers consider more than just numbers when making (lifetime) purchase decisions.
View Quote
I have 26 cans, with 27 in my shopping cart. A lot of Dead Air, almost everything Rugged makes, Energetic Armament, SiCo, CGS and Innovative Arms. But no Griffin. I don't respond positively to such behavior.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have 26 cans, with 27 in my shopping cart. A lot of Dead Air, almost everything Rugged makes, Energetic Armament, SiCo, CGS and Innovative Arms. But no Griffin. I don't respond positively to such behavior.
View Quote

If I lived to be 400 years old I'd live like this, but I buy the best preforming cans because they're the best preforming cans
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can tell from this thread who is a fanboy of certain brands. Why don’t you look at the individual products?

I have suppressors from surefire, OSS, and rugged already. I care about the product not the name of the company
View Quote

I care more about the company in some aspects. Like if they will be in business next week or not.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I care more about the company in some aspects. Like if they will be in business next week or not.

View Quote

That’s a fair point in regards to the warranty. But why did you highlight OSS? You think they are going out of business? They got multiple military and law enforcement contracts recently.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top