Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
checking in team, wondering if anyone has a list of pertinent frequencies that would be good for a fella in Bothell?. to load in a Baofeng handheld .

-shoot me a pm if you feel like sharing.  thnx.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Google repeaters in WA state

In particular the WW7RA repeater on Gold mountain can be hit from almost the entire Puget Sound.

Even a lowly Baofeng with a whip can light it up from Tacoma to Everett
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the tip.

Attachment Attached File

1. Item 1

2. Item 2

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
the weather station is a good one to have as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have  a older radio that a friend helped put a few repeaters in and he moved out of state a few years ago.  I bought the newer radio they now offer that has the weather channels on it . I need to upload it yet.

doing the youtube self-help vids and thought to see what the hive had to say for any that I may be missing from basic net searches.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ever travel the state ferries, the dock/boat frequency is 151.040.  it is nice to sit back and listen to everything going on.  No need to wait for announcements when you have a heads-up from their internal comms.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BEAMEUP] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frostbite:
If you ever travel the state ferries, the dock/boat frequency is 151.040.  it is nice to sit back and listen to everything going on.  No need to wait for announcements when you have a heads-up from their internal comms.
View Quote
Also fun to hear them bitch about the drivers doing stupid shit to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a HAM, or GMRS lic?

( I'm not one of those guys that will belittle you if you dont... just asking)..

I have quite a bit.

There are over 20 licensed hams in the washington home town.

Top Top