@ka3b
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
In like Flint.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Future updates to come. Tagging additional people.

@JoeDevola
@JohnStoner

As usual I’ll generally bring enough food to ensure we have basic eatings for a couple meals. Things we’ve done in the past are below. As usual it’s not for every meal but I cover generally lunch and dinner on Saturday. People can chip in if they feel the need but it’s not required.

BLTs
Stew
Chili
Burgers

I bring a table for the camp kitchen and a pop up canopy for some shade or weather prevention. Rain has happened. I mean heck. It’s Washington weather.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No bringee rainee, preez.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Too far to drive.
Set one up in NorWa.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KA3B:
Too far to drive.
Set one up in NorWa.  
View Quote

Already talking with @esstac- about that at a later date/time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Adding more peeps.

@esstac-
@ORjeepguy
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Adding more peeps.

@esstac-
@ORjeepguy
View Quote

That's my birfday weekend
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#9]
Originally Posted By ORjeepguy:

That's my birfday weekend
View Quote

Well what a coinkydink. I’ll bring the scotch and we’ll celebrate.

Inga might make an appearance

@bobbitybobbity
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
On my calendar!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Inga will be there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#12]
After so many years I might go, but just one day.

Please PM directions so I can plan best day.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Rossi:
After so many years I might go, but just one day.

Please PM directions so I can plan best day.

View Quote

Directions will be sent via PM. Not publicly posted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Will try to make it on the 18th. Can someone please PM me some sort of directions? I might need to catch a ride in and out to a relatively safe place to park and meet up. From what I gather, my car might not be able to handle the conditions of the “non-paved” roads.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
What are you driving. PM is fine if you don’t want to openly say it. The road isn’t that bad. Just have to go slow in a few spots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#17]
Pertinent PMs, including directions, received/sent. Looks like I can make it on my own on Saturday, May 18.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Busy. Hope everyone has fun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s gonna snow!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Obvious_Man:
It's gonna snow!
View Quote
If it does, I'm blaming you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KA3B:
Too far to drive.
Set one up in NorWa.  

My hood, ya know.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:35:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#22]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

My hood, ya know.
View Quote

Ya I know. Been there. Nice Shifter Kart. Hope it’s running now. Looked wicked through the build stage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I might be able to make an appearance if I could get some directions.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Game day decision for the 18th for me.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SlederWithaGun:
I might be able to make an appearance if I could get some directions.
View Quote

I’m sure Joe has a set for you
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Would you guys be ok with me rolling in early evening on the 18th? I have to work Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eac223:
Would you guys be ok with me rolling in early evening on the 18th? I have to work Saturday.
View Quote

Not an issue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry folks. Something came up last minute so I have to drop this one.  

Please let me know if you plan something later in the Summer.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m planning on bringing my BIL.
We’ll be up there late AM on Saturday for couple hours or so.
We’ll be easy to pick out because we’ll be the ones shooting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Do we have a head count yet? I am still hopeful that we'll get the lower pit this time. I am not aware of any conflicts with animal seasons.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#31]
The food is packed. The hookers are ready. Hopefully they show up.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#32]
The food is packed. The hookers are ready. Hopefully they show up.
View Quote

Still a hard “Yes” for me. Ready to start packing tomorrow. I have several new guns to shoot. Hoping I can make it early Saturday morning. Is the 8 am Tannerite still a deal?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TigerForce:

Still a hard "Yes" for me. Ready to start packing tomorrow. I have several new guns to shoot. Hoping I can make it early Saturday morning. Is the 8 am Tannerite still a deal?
View Quote
It's not just a formality,  it's tradition.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#34]
it's definitely been a minute: I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast & see about taking a paid day off from the track..god knows I"ve got plenty of kahlua and apple pie
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Well I just returned from a Saturday only trip to the LCR. I didn’t make it up there until the afternoon- needless to say, I missed the 8 am Tannerite. Fortunately, I found the logging road there not as treacherous as the image I had in my head.

Enjoyed seeing and meeting some great folks for the first time. Got to try out some of my new stuff and had some great help troubleshooting some malfunctions.

Some awesome folks brought some awesome “goodness” along for us to share in the experience of trying them out. I don’t know if I should go into detail here or not, so I can leave it up to others if it’s okay to discuss here.

The weather is a little cool, blustery, with off and on showers. Several people are still camping there tonight. I left around 8 pm. Bobbity and Nacho Dip were seen crashing in an opulent, heated tent. They had a big day. No hookers were seen at that time.

I’m looking forward to the next GTG.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Another one in the can, boys and girls.  The weather sucked donkey balls,  but we handled it.  The wind was unusually stiff. But, a few of us OG and a smattering of noobz made for an enjoyable and educational experience.  Lots of malfs, many of which were handled adeptly by Nachomamma. Who, BTW, is owed a hearty expression of gratitude for all of his hard work on our behalf.  The "cabin", the heater, the food...yeah, the list goes on. Great gobs of gratitude to Team Esstac for their tremendous contributions as well.  The little gal, who shall forthwith be known as The Fire Queen, added some fun along with all of her help loading mags, etc.
TigerF, you are a great new addition to the group.  But, I highly recommend spending way more time on the line instead of on the road.
A bummer side note,  the pit looked like a city dump. In two and a half decades of events, I have never before seen that. I sure hope Weyerhaeuser doesn't lock us out for the shitty behavior of others. Be that as it may,  I encourage you guys to consider coming to the next LCR,  tentatively set for the first week of August. (I wish I could post the video here)
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TigerForce:
Well I just returned from a Saturday only trip to the LCR. I didn’t make it up there until the afternoon- needless to say, I missed the 8 am Tannerite. Fortunately, I found the logging road there not as treacherous as the image I had in my head.

Enjoyed seeing and meeting some great folks for the first time. Got to try out some of my new stuff and had some great help troubleshooting some malfunctions.

Some awesome folks brought some awesome “goodness” along for us to share in the experience of trying them out. I don’t know if I should go into detail here or not, so I can leave it up to others if it’s okay to discuss here.

The weather is a little cool, blustery, with off and on showers. Several people are still camping there tonight. I left around 8 pm. Bobbity and Nacho Dip were seen crashing in an opulent, heated tent. They had a big day. No hookers were seen at that time.

I’m looking forward to the next GTG.
View Quote

Happy to help with getting your rifle up and running. It was shooting and cycling great after we were done.

The Asstac team brought a belt fed and a couple MP5s and M16s and graciously provided ammo for people to blast away with. Then we had Bobbity in the background with the Flamenwerfer making rocks burn. It was a good time. The tajmahal tent was warm and toast like usual too. Went through a 30lb propane tank to keep it warm.

Can’t remember the name. But someone from Wa guns brought the Vtac barricades to shoot from. It was a good time by all

I got to shoot my new SBRs and got some video of the 4.75” 5.56. It’s the only gun to date that I’ve seen Esstac- shoot and imidiately hand back to me. The muscle blast and concussion rattled your teeth and cleared your sinuses. The fireball was about 3' around for every shot.

I’ll see if I can get some photos/video up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#38]
As a first-timer, the first thing I want to say is OUTSTANDING!

Thank you, NachoDip for everything you did. Thanks, also for footing the bill on our behalf too. Bravo Zulu. Sierra Hotel.

Thanks to everyone for answering my never-ending questions and for adding context and perspective in your answers. I apologize if I was a pest. The skills, knowledge and competence gathered there were irresistible.

The sharing of firearms was amazing. I shot more new things in two days in one place than I have in any five-year time period of my life. Thank you all for your generosity in trusting me with your shootin' irons.

I hated having to leave Saturday but it was the right thing to do. I wasn't as well-equipped for the cold as I thought I was. I've experienced hypothermia so many times in my life that my tolerance for cold has seriously eroded. The biggest problem was that my expensive Merino wool long johns (rated to -20) are size XXXL and I now wear size L. They were completely ineffective. I also left my insulated hunting boots and pants at home because I didn't want to lug the weight around all weekend. Bad moves. I'll do better.

I'd like to especially thank JoeDevola for going into NCO mode when I caught a splinter or ricochet in my thigh. I felt it but it didn't penetrate my clothes. I was in the process of blowing it off when JoeDevola turned into Sergeant Devola in an instant and would have none of it. It wasn't serious but it was a bit more than I expected; a couple of small blood blisters. Either way, it was the right call. Thanks, Sarge!

I feel honored to have been asked to join in.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cascade-Dude] [#39]
Can’t remember the name. But someone from Wa guns brought the Vtac barricades to shoot from. It was a good time by all
View Quote

Actually, he's from here at ARFCOM. His name is Cascade-Dude.

I was happy to see how much use they got. Everybody seemed to like them.

Shooting from the narrow slots and the three openings at ground level were vastly more difficult than I ever imagined.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
This one wasn't in the cards for me this time. Will say I never had a bad time up there.  As expressed above its about community and chootin stuff.  Will be there at the next one.  

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:

Actually, he's from here at ARFCOM. His name is Cascade-Dude.

I was happy to see how much use they got. Everybody seemed to like them.

Shooting from the narrow slots and the three openings at ground level were vastly more difficult than I ever imagined.
View Quote

Ok Ha. Sorry! It was a good time and the barricades were fun.  Thank you for putting them together. Very nicely made too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Ok Ha. Sorry! It was a good time and the barricades were fun.  Thank you for putting them together. Very nicely made too.
View Quote

Thanks and no worries. I'm glad you enjoyed using them. It was quite a revealing experience using them. In a good way.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:19:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jay-Bone] [#43]
Thank you sincerely to all the Lewis County Regulars for your hospitality.
I brought my Brother in Law Shawn who really hadn’t shot that much in life.

Right out of the truck people remembered me (I didn’t think I was that memorable).

Before I even had a chair unfolded NachoDip is handing me and my BIL breakfast sandwiches.  You guys are SO nice.

Back at my very first LCR (Jan-2016) there was an long-time arfcommer and his daughter, and they made French toasted for my kids when we showed up… @gwitness was my LCR ‘ambassador’ to show me the pit location.

My BIL was very impressed w/ the whole event.  For someone who hadn’t shot that much in his life and @esstac brought a belt-fed…. If his ‘cherry’ wasn’t quite popped before this, @esstac surely did the job w/ his “dirty oily things”.  That was MY first time ever shooting ‘fast-boy’.

I bought some whistle-pickles last year and haven’t shot through them a lot.  Thought I was going be cool beans because I was telling BIL Shawn that he’ll get to shoot suppressed and see what’s really like IRL (it ain’t like in the movies).
NachoDip and esstac had WAY cooler toys… and they were also suppressed… but that’s not even why they were cool.

Shawn remarked how hospitable and generous everyone was.  The son and I reaffirmed that it’s like that every time we go.  I joked “that’s because you’re in the middle of the woods far enough away from civilization and everyone is armed; it’s an even playing field and there’s no reason to have an attitude… we’re all the same out here.”
I followed up that you’re all probably just as hospitable and generous in your everyday lives, we were  just fortunate to meet a small collective of them up in the hills.

The weather wasn’t the worst for LCR, but it was typical as far as my LCR experiences.   I’ve seen videos on arfcom of LCR’s years ago, there seemed to be a lot of sun in them, so I’m still hopeful that one of these LCR’s will be mostly sunny and warm.

Looking forward to that first week in August!
Thanks again all!
Top Top