Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
check to see if the barrel nut is tight, sounds dumb but if its not the barrel could be "walking". It also could be a gas issue, make sure the front sight is not off (even slightly) in any direction.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't give up man. Post this in S&W's industry forum. They need to make this right by either replacing the upper or the entire rifle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive had a couple friends play with it and aside from pointing out slightly rough machine marks they are baffled too. We are also baffled about the mention of misalignment yet we cant see anything different in feed ramps from now and the photo earlier in the post. Also, isn't there a key-way involved when the barrel is inserted into the upper? Shouldn't that make misalignment impossible? One friend planted the thought in my head that they were handing me a line of bull... Sort of like the auto mechanic telling the customer he/she needed a $1,500.00 exhaust repair because muffler bearings were worn out.

Ill take another photo just like the earlier one and post it to see if there is any perceived difference in before and after.
View Quote

Yes the upper receiver has a notch for the pin in the barrel to slide in to.  However the pin is installed after the Barrel Extension has been installed properly.  From your earlier picture you posted it does not appear to have any issues.  But again small differences may be harder to spot from a mere photo.   If you have the receipt from S&W you could try and calling them yourself to see what they did.  Find out precisely what they determined the issue was and exactly what they did to fix things.    Or Cabela's didn't do their job.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't give up. Make them fix it again. Eventually they may have to completely replace the upper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
By all means I would make sure they fix this. I have an m&p and it runs flawlessly.

I'm gonna suggest something a little different. Could it be a lower issue? Maybe the mag is not aligning properly with the feed ramps. Do you have any friends that have lowers you could switch with? My first test would be to swap upper/lower with another rifle and see how it works.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By all means I would make sure they fix this. I have an m&p and it runs flawlessly.

I'm gonna suggest something a little different. Could it be a lower issue? Maybe the mag is not aligning properly with the feed ramps. Do you have any friends that have lowers you could switch with? My first test would be to swap upper/lower with another rifle and see how it works.
View Quote

He said he let a friend shoot the upper on his friends lower and it duplicated the issue.   So doubt the lower is the issue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He said he let a friend shoot the upper on his friends lower and it duplicated the issue.   So doubt the lower is the issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah thanks, I missed that. Definitely back to SW
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
1. Have you checked for a gas leak around the gas key where it mates up to the carrier?
2. Have you checked for a gas leak around the front sight base where slides over the barrel?
3. Have you checked for a gas leak where the gas tube goes into the front sight base; also while doing so, verified the I.D. of the tube is 0.120".
4. Have you measured the length of your action/buffer spring to make sure it is still in spec?
5. Have you checked to see if your gas key is loose?
6. Have you checked the condition of your gas rings? One way to do so is first remove the firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, and the cam pin; then clean the carrier and bolt so they are free of any lubricant. Holding just the bolt with the carrier pointing down, the carrier should not fall off.

Because if your bending cases right below the neck, your weapon is short-stroking; preventing your bolt from getting behind the round. This causes your carrier to push the round forward. Which is why it only partially makes it into the barrel extension before the cartridge gets wedged between the barrel extension's lugs, and the bolt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd box it up and send to S&W along with the picture of the cartridges. It ought to have some kind of warrenty on it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
it looks to me like the problem is with the way the magazine is being held in the mag port. as in too low. the bolt is stripping the cartridge from the magazine, but the problem is it is not being released at the proper time. what happens is as the cartridge is being driven forward, the feedlips must release the cartridge so it can slide up  the boltface and chamber properly. what is happening is the cartridge is being held too low in the feedlips and the bolt is driving the case into the feedramp just below the shoulder and the tip of the bullet is probably up at the top of the chamber. it is being canted at a very high angle, too high for proper feeding.  at least that is what it looks like to me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Out of curiosity have your tried running a different BCG?
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Send it back again, only costing you time but don't let them off the hook. It's under warranty and they must make it right. Once the problem has been resolved you'll be glad you did. S&W is not some run of the mill company. They've been around a very long time and this isn't their first problem child. Be persistent and patient... they will make it right one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#13]
from the pictures it looks like the rounds are hitting to the left of the hole,  you can see copper on the 9 oclock and just a bit on the 3 oclock area of the barrel.

could the rounds be missing the hole that much?  they are directly in line with the feed ramps?

Yea send it back,  they will fix it,  I would call them also when you send it back.  maybe include a video of you pulling out the bent rounds.

Hopefully you'll get a new set up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity have your tried running a different BCG?
View Quote

This.  That way you definitely narrow it to the upper alone. Or the BCG.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Have to say this forum has been very helpful. Thought Id post an update since the problem seems to have been fixed. Not sure I am 100% confident in it since a friend tried a rather, what i thought, unconventional approach but I stood back an let him have a go thinking I didn't have much to loose. After discussing the issue with a friend and AR enthusiast he asked me to let him give it a go so I did. Hold onto you seats folks this may make some run for cover.... I nearly did.

Last Saturday I visited the guys farm outside of town with the rifle, brought 6 loaded p-mags and handed the lot off to him. He proceeded to pull the BCG, look closely at it then slather the whole thing in what looked and smelled like axle grease he had in a tub on a bench in the barn.... He and I then went out back so to speak, he inserted a mag and fired. He got off 3 shots till a stoppage. He looked at me then looked at rifle, slammed the bolt forward with the forward assist (something that never occurred to me) and proceeded to fire again. My eyebrow was raised at this technique and also surprised to see he got about 10 more shots till another stoppage. Slammed forward again he proceeded to dump rest of magazine. Second mag he got about 10 rounds, slammed again he got about 5. Long story short he kept at it thru 4 of the 6 mags then handed the now smoking carbine to me and told me to repeat what he did. Felt weird but I took it while he reloaded the empties. Thankfully and surprisingly I had only one more stoppage in 4 more mags. Not sure how I feel about his ham fisted technique but if all here are OK with it Ill chalk this one up to a learning/eye opening experience.

Ill shoot it again next weekend to see if the technique worked completely. If it did I need to go out and buy some axle grease and toss the CLP. The rifle is filthy but at least it works.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Uh, well, hmm.  I wouldn't recommend this technique as a fix.  This is a very unusual problem, and I have not seen anything like it.  Doing anything that could possibly damage the rifle is probably not a good idea though.  S&W is a good company and they will make it right, or replace the whole gun I'd imagine.  But if you beat the snot out of it they may not.  Don't give up man, you were just the lucky guy to get what seems to be a factory defective rifle.  It happens.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't call that a fix. There is no way I would trust a rifle that I had to beat the shit out of to make run. My advice would be to clean it up, let S&W know of your issue, request a RMA, then let THEM figure out what's wrong with the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
It shouldn't be like that.
I agree with everyone and say send it back.
It should run properly, not with that issue.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
So was this guy being an idiot then? The rifle doesn't look beaten just dirty, he claimed it needed to be broken in. My biggest worry was the picture in my head of a possible bent cartridge with a canted bullet being sent down the barrel, this cant be good. Also cannot discount the results after it has already been sent back from Smith and labeled as fixed.

This is feedback is good, I'm sure the experience here far exceeds that of this fellow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So was this guy being an idiot then? The rifle doesn't look beaten just dirty, he claimed it needed to be broken in. My biggest worry was the picture in my head of a possible bent cartridge with a canted bullet being sent down the barrel, this cant be good. Also cannot discount the results after it has already been sent back from Smith and labeled as fixed.

This is feedback is good, I'm sure the experience here far exceeds that of this fellow.
View Quote

No, he wasn't being an idiot. But there is a problem with your rifle, it doesn't need to be broke in. If he is using the forward assit on a regular basis I wonder if it isn't headspaced properly. I would contact sw and make the take care of this. You could check the head space yourself, but sw should be on the hook for this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's the deal...some ARs need a break in period.   200 rounds should be plenty.  I think in your topic post you said you had already put several full mags though the gun without any problems before this problem suddenly appeared.   Now I can see a gun failing to fully into battery due to be a little dirty however the bending bullets is definitely not something I would be comfortable with.   That is some kind of feeding problem for sure.   Can a dirty gun cause feeding issues?  It sure can but I'm not sure bending bullets is something that is normal.

The Forward Assist was put on the M-16 after the initial issues with it after it was first deployed to Viet Nam.  Generally speaking the Forward Assist is rarely if ever needed on most guns.  There may be a few occasions where it "might' be needed or used but again very rare.  There have been numerous threads on here about it's usefullness.

The guy who shot your gun was using the FA to get the BCG fully in to battery for it to fire.  Obviously there was something preventing it from going fully into battery through normal operation.  You might see this on a new gun still being broken in but on a gun with over a hundred rounds already fired through it....I'm not so sure.  I would be curious what the round looked like after the stoppage.  Was it bent like the ones in your original post and but they got fired anyway?

I'd be curious what the fired brass looked liked.   I would have been picking it up for inspection after they were fired to look for any signs of damage to the brass itself.

It is always possible you had a rare and finicky gun that needed some hard break in but, BUT bending the bullets like it has done is definitely something that would concern me more.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks, interesting..

I did look at the fired brass and I couldn't find any difference from the successes vs failures. I figured if they had the same dents the firing caused them to mold to chamber, maybe wrong.

So what do you think of the grease idea?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks, interesting..

I did look at the fired brass and I couldn't find any difference from the successes vs failures. I figured if they had the same dents the firing caused them to mold to chamber, maybe wrong.

So what do you think of the grease idea?
View Quote

The grease IMO is okay initially but not something that shouldn't be needed once it's broken in.  There are still some people who prefer to use grease in certain areas on their ARs.  Grease is really not needed however.  A good lube should, and I emphasize "Should" be all that is needed.   The problem with looking at those fired rounds is if the cases were still being bent in some instances while being chambered the pressures from firing would probably force the cases back into a normal looking shape.   They would take the shape of the chamber.  Short of outside scratches however especially at the case rim.

I cannot say with any certainty that your gun is without fault but if it was my gun I would be looking into this thing a little more.  "Bubba" may have done what was needed to force this thing into shape however bubba's method might be masking something a little more insidious inside.  I would advise caution.  Just my opinion however.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know if this has been answered but have you tried the bolt carrier group out of your friends gun??  Have you checked the barrel nut tightness?

If so send it back

Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I have not traded out BCGs.

I have however thanks to the suggestions so far:

Checked barrel tightness
Head-spacing
Different magazines and different levels of loading them
Gas tube and rings on bolt for alignment
Magazine catch
Amount and type of lube.

The thing I haven't been able to verify due to lack of experience of what I am looking at is recoil spring and the aluminum thingy with it. Looks fine to me but I know nothing of it.

Is weird that the upper did seem to work with a friends lower several weeks ago but once its paired with my lower if f***s up again.

So from what Ive read above is even if the thing finally does begin to fix itself there may still be some sort of issue because of the methods used to get it functional?

Perhaps I am being a bit stubborn because I haven't sent it back to S&W a second time, just seems futile.

Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not traded out BCGs.

I have however thanks to the suggestions so far:

Checked barrel tightness
Head-spacing
Different magazines and different levels of loading them
Gas tube and rings on bolt for alignment
Magazine catch
Amount and type of lube.

The thing I haven't been able to verify due to lack of experience of what I am looking at is recoil spring and the aluminum thingy with it. Looks fine to me but I know nothing of it.

Is weird that the upper did seem to work with a friends lower several weeks ago but once its paired with my lower if f***s up again.

So from what Ive read above is even if the thing finally does begin to fix itself there may still be some sort of issue because of the methods used to get it functional?

Perhaps I am being a bit stubborn because I haven't sent it back to S&W a second time, just seems futile.

View Quote

Wait so you're upper worked fine with another lower?  Then back to my original question. Have you tried another upper on your lower?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Okay let's clarify something here.  On page two of this thread you said
Ive tightened mag release, cleaned it again, used a friends lube and magazines, Even had a friend try my upper on his lower with similar enough results.

But above you say it DID seem to work with a friends lower.   So which is it?   This is a HUGE difference.  According to the earlier post it was assumed your upper experienced the same symptoms even on a different lower.  But this last post of yours suggest the opposite.  Friend many people suggested or would have suggested you try your upper on another lower to troubleshoot but since you seemed to indicate it was already tried, why bother to suggest.

Let's get this clarified first.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been following this situation and have a small question for the OP. With the gun unloaded and the magazine out of the gun. If you pull the charging handle back and hold onto it as you bring it forward, does it move smoothly and completly?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a M&P OR model, doing the exact same thing about a year ago.  If I put more than 10 rounds in any magazine, it would shoot a couple rounds and then jam / double feed .. just like yours.  Sent it it .. they sent it back 3 weeks later with a cryptic piece of paper with codes on it ... took it to the range same problem.  I took my handguards off, and knew they had worked on it because my barrel nut was all scratched.  Sent it back in with photos of the casings .. got it back 4 weeks later with a another piece of paper stating "Replace upper assembly".  I still had the same barrel, and barrel nut, so I guess they replaced my upper receiver.  It shot fine after that trip, but all but ended my romance with M&P ARs .... I have since sold it.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#30]
BamaInArk: Yeah, chalk this one up to my brain being off today and the frustration of the issue. Ive been out with this thing every time someone ask me to see what it does and swapped out the upper several times with several friends, We have tried whatever crossed their minds, sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your input. It does work with a couple uppers but it doesn't seem dependent on price point of equipment and the frequency though not specifically stated before is lessening. Had I known this process would become so lengthy I would have considered keeping a log. Probably would have avoided me looking like an idiot.

As for charging handle and bolt smoothness: Just tried it and seems to be relatively smooth but hard to tell with the grease. My M1A, Garand, Carbine are far smoother but those are a different king of animal.

Link Posted: 1/1/2014 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I had a M&P OR model, doing the exact same thing about a year ago.  If I put more than 10 rounds in any magazine, it would shoot a couple rounds and then jam / double feed .. just like yours.  Sent it it .. they sent it back 3 weeks later with a cryptic piece of paper with codes on it ... took it to the range same problem.  I took my handguards off, and knew they had worked on it because my barrel nut was all scratched.  Sent it back in with photos of the casings .. got it back 4 weeks later with a another piece of paper stating "Replace upper assembly".  I still had the same barrel, and barrel nut, so I guess they replaced my upper receiver.  It shot fine after that trip, but all but ended my romance with M&P ARs .... I have since sold it.  
View Quote

Methinks I may have to go this direction myself. What did you end up with? I was looking forward to building them, at least one for my son but it may be a bit out of my league.... Funny, Ive been setting diamonds/colored stones for 25 years and grew up in a family of machinists and metal workers and this is the first time I am hesitant to try my hand at building them because of this.Hard to believe such a simple mechanism can be so finicky. In the past when I did them one could give me a Rolex and Ill do a clean oil and regulate in my sleep but ARs not so much.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Since you don't list a location, go to your HTF, and see if anyone can do a hands on look.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Read the whole thread. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with this M&P15. Personally if it was me I would be demanding either a full refund of my purchase price, or a full replacement gun. I've own a few M&P pistols, and they have been 100%. Smith and Wesson has always been very quick at replying to my e-mails with questions about their products.

I was tempted to get one of their M&P15 rifles, but got a hell of a deal on my new Armalite instead.

Hope they make it right for you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't touch it again until S&W fixed it. I wouldn't want to risk jacking it up worse. What's the latest?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm just a lowly 13'er, and my opinion prolly means nothing, but all of this advice would be great if this was a frankenrifle.  However, this is a new rifle in warranty.  IMHO, OP should not have to check anything.  Just send it back to S&W.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Is your ejector sticking out past the face of your bolt face?
Causing the round to jam and not slide up to the bolt correctly?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Have you tried a different buffer and spring?  Just a thought.  

Sounds like its ejecting the round and not coming back far enough to catch the next round.  So the bolt is only picking up the round half way and jamming it.  

Have tried loading one round in the mag then firing it to see if your bolt gets locked back?  That way you can rule out short cycling.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#38]
And I forgot to mention that I have a S&W M&P 15 made in 07-08 with thousands of rounds down the pipe.  The only hick ups was with steel cased ammo.  Don't get discourageed about the brand.  All brands have problems.  Stick with it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I have had the same problem with my Daniel Defense M4A1 although not nearly as frequently as the OP describes. Although it has happened at least two times that I can recall with XM193 ammo (what I usually shoot),
I've noticed that it happens at least once per magazine with 5.56 Winchester 55 gr FMJ so I just attributed it to the ammo and have since stopped using it. I have shot a variety of other ammo (PMC, American Eagle,
cheap brass case eastern European ammo) without experiencing the same problem. Forgive me if this is a foolish question, as I've only owned my rifle for 6 months, but is it possible that the ammo being used could
be contributing to this particular malfunction? I'd love to know what this problem turns out to be and how I can address the (less severe) problem with mine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Can you take a pic of the stoppage/jam as it sits before you clear it?

It might be interesting to see what it looks like in the "jammed" condition.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have had the same problem with my Daniel Defense M4A1 although not nearly as frequently as the OP describes. Although it has happened at least two times that I can recall with XM193 ammo (what I usually shoot),
I've noticed that it happens at least once per magazine with 5.56 Winchester 55 gr FMJ so I just attributed it to the ammo and have since stopped using it. I have shot a variety of other ammo (PMC, American Eagle,
cheap brass case eastern European ammo) without experiencing the same problem. Forgive me if this is a foolish question, as I've only owned my rifle for 6 months, but is it possible that the ammo being used could
be contributing to this particular malfunction? I'd love to know what this problem turns out to be and how I can address the (less severe) problem with mine.
View Quote

If you have a DD BCG, check the extractor tension. I had a FTE and FTF problems (double feeds for example) - thought it was ammo or mags.  The extractor was so loose, I was able to easily move it with my finger. I installed a BCM extractor upgrade (spring, insert and oring) and have had zero problems since and that was many thousands of rounds ago.  This is why I suggested to the OP to try another BCG and/or bolt.  (He may have done this and I don't remember or missed it.)
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I would make sure they fix this. I have an m&p and it runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As for charging handle and bolt smoothness: Just tried it and seems to be relatively smooth but hard to tell with the grease.
My M1A, Garand, Carbine are far smoother but those are a different king of animal.
View Quote

Have you tried using a traditional quality gun oil (not a dry lube) instead of grease (slip 2000 or Tri-flow for instance)? The grease may be slowing down the action somehow inducing your problem, especially if this is a cold weather related problem.

ETA - This tech bulletin from JP Rifles on lubing the rifle is pretty much how I lube mine.

Here's the official arfcom lube guide with army suggested lube method.
The buffer spring, carrier and bolt/cam get a little more than a "generous" amount of oil on my rifle although I try to not get oil sprayed on my face the first shot it happens sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Send it back to S&W.  All this monkeying around is nonsense. They have great customer service and will take care of you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Send it back to S&W.  All this monkeying around is nonsense. They have great customer service and will take care of you.
View Quote

THIS... has been suggested on every page and still being the most logical course of action has not been done.
I've been following this thread primarily to see how S&W CS resolves the issue but the OP would rather take it out to a farm and let Bubba fix it.
So much for expecting a logical conclusion.

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

THIS... has been suggested on every page and still being the most logical course of action has not been done.
I've been following this thread primarily to see how S&W CS resolves the issue but the OP would rather take it out to a farm and let Bubba fix it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has already sent it back to S&W.  They shot it, made a fix, then it ran fine apparently.  Which leads to teh magazine/ammo issue aspect.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#47]
after looking at your pics, I owned an m&p-15 for a few months and only 100rds of ammo through it before i got rid of it. i bought it used and it was my first ar. I got rid of it because i didn't like the 16" bull barrel. but when i was picking up my brass there was a small dent in the rounds right under the shoulder with the same kind of scrapes. the gun shot fine, I think I only had one misfire, but i cant remember what caused it? I wonder if this is a problem on more m&p-15s but people don't notice it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
after looking at your pics, I owned an m&p-15 for a few months and only 100rds of ammo through it before i got rid of it. i bought it used and it was my first ar. I got rid of it because i didn't like the 16" bull barrel. but when i was picking up my brass there was a small dent in the rounds right under the shoulder with the same kind of scrapes. the gun shot fine, I think I only had one misfire, but i cant remember what caused it? I wonder if this is a problem on more m&p-15s but people don't notice it?
View Quote

My brass is fine. M&p15 OR
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

OP has already sent it back to S&W.  They shot it, made a fix, then it ran fine apparently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has already sent it back to S&W.  They shot it, made a fix, then it ran fine apparently.

I know he sent it to S&W. No, it did not run fine when he got it back.
SEND IT BACK TO S&W... again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
BamaInArk: Yeah, chalk this one up to my brain being off today and the frustration of the issue. Ive been out with this thing every time someone ask me to see what it does and swapped out the upper several times with several friends, We have tried whatever crossed their minds, sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your input. It does work with a couple uppers but it doesn't seem dependent on price point of equipment and the frequency though not specifically stated before is lessening. Had I known this process would become so lengthy I would have considered keeping a log. Probably would have avoided me looking like an idiot.

As for charging handle and bolt smoothness: Just tried it and seems to be relatively smooth but hard to tell with the grease. My M1A, Garand, Carbine are far smoother but those are a different king of animal.

View Quote

Confusing to say the least. Take the advice of everyone that said send it back again. It's under warranty. Use it and save yourself the headache.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top