AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/26/2008 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By wreckhog:

Is this real?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=597130
Based on the mount in the background and the mount on the aimpoint itself, I'd say yes.  I'd ask for a shot of the power button to be sure.  Take a look at page 2 for pics of the M4 fakes.

Wes

Link Posted: 11/9/2008 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So about some reputable dealers that sell the real deal.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BDH:
So about some reputable dealers that sell the real deal.  Any suggestions?

LaRue.

Wes
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I may have been burned.  I asked the correct questions after finding this post, but...

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00515.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00516.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00517.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00518.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00519.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Alloy1976/IMG00520.jpg

Here's the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aimpoint-CompM2-Red-Dot-Scope_W0QQitemZ330288187269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330288187269&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I paid using paypal with an AMEX so I think i'll get my money back.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
As a side note, this came in a plain white box along with a training manual type booklet that wasn't stapled together.  It had "TM -1240-413-12&P Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual..." on it.  Can anyone confirm that theirs came/did not come in a plain white box with an army type manual?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alloy:
As a side note, this came in a plain white box along with a training manual type booklet that wasn't stapled together.  It had "TM -1240-413-12&P Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual..." on it.  Can anyone confirm that theirs came/did not come in a plain white box with an army type manual?

Re take the above image with the camera on Macro settings.  It looks like you were sold a military issue real aimpoint.

Wes
Link Posted: 12/3/2008 5:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#7]
Fake Micro pics are on page three of this team member only thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=754612&page=1
Link Posted: 12/4/2008 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Most likely a M68 military Aimpoint. May or may not be stolen. From Irac or Afganistan.
The batt cover is aftermarket duel battery holder ( a perk ).
The scratches ( add says new ) are no problem, should work just fine.
Since it is already marked you do not have to baby it, so have fun.

Link Posted: 12/17/2008 1:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: habuM4] [#9]
I am seeing that these red dot sights/scopes advertised as "Style/Type".  I believe that the wording alone is letting you know it is a copy and not original.  

Here is one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118657155

Also, what is the retail and wholesale price of any Aimpoint from the manufacturer and authorized dealers?
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]

[PDF] user_manual_eng_M2oML2.pdf

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought an M4s.  Has anyone seen any fakes of this model?  If so, any tips for telling if it is a fake or not?

Based on what I see here it looks real, bought from ManVenture Outpost.

What looks cheesy to me is the box it came in - white cardboard with what looks lie a big top label with picture and description printed on a 3.5 x 5 inch computer label run through an inkjet printer.  Everything is black and white, the letters are a little fuzzy.  Not what I would have thought for a high dollar optic.

The instructions look good - a 4 section laminated card with a label with the unit serial number on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:23:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#12]
Buy a team membership and check out this thread in the team forum:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=754612&page=1

The above thread shows images of the following fakes:

Pg1
LaRue Rails
LaRue Canted Mount
Aimpoint Comp M2/M3
Gen 1/Gen 2 Aimpoint Fakes
Aimpoint 3x magnifiers
Aimpoint Twist Mount
Aimpoint M4
Surefire M900
KAC Free Float Tubes
Two Piece Railed Handgurads

Pg2
Leupold Mk4 CQT
Milspec Green Laser
Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40
EoTech
KAC vertical Grip

Pg3
Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 a slight variation compared to the one on Pg 2
Vltor 6p Flash Light Mount
Surefire 961
Surefire XM07
Aimpoint Micro

Waiting to be photographed, edited, uploaded and posted:
ACOG(there a ton of variations of the fakes)
Vltor CASV
Ambi-mag catch
And more...

Wes
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Called Aimpoint today.  Very helpful customer service.  They have heard of no reports of fake M4s' yet.  He said the M4s comes in the military white box with the cheesy inkjet black and white label - they have not done a fancy package for it yet.

A good check for this model is to look at the objective lens, then tilt the unit away from you.  The lens color should shift from red to orange to green.  It looks green just before the point where you cannot see the objective anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 2:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSJGohanMlm] [#14]
older model compM2

Someone mentioned that it's an older model, so new ones have the "4MOA" on it?  Could the one on ebay be stolen gov't property?
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SSJGohanMlm:
older model compM2

Someone mentioned that it's an older model, so new ones have the "4MOA" on it?  Could the one on ebay be stolen gov't property?

The one I bought was.
The one in the photo looks to nice to be ex military.
The ex military are usualy all scratched up but work fine.

Link Posted: 12/29/2008 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Are there any of the military (no individual serial number) Aimpoints legally in civilian hands. I have noticed a few of these Aimpoints in circulation lately. A couple were actually advertised as  "Military Issue". There are some good deals on these and they are authentic from what I have seen. I just want to know if they are legally in civilian hands or if they "fell off a truck".
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Stumps:
Are there any of the military (no individual serial number) Aimpoints legally in civilian hands. I have noticed a few of these Aimpoints in circulation lately. A couple were actually advertised as  "Military Issue". There are some good deals on these and they are authentic from what I have seen. I just want to know if they are legally in civilian hands or if they "fell off a truck".

thats what I wanna know!! if anyone can shed some light on this, it'll be great!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Hello!

I found this Aimpoint M4s on eBay and the price is suspiciously low.

Is this a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aimpoint-COMPM4S-GENUINE-AIMPOINT-New-In-Box-12172_W0QQitemZ350158273078QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350158273078&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A50
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Just thought I would share with you some nice images of the CHICOM factory were this crap comes from.

Do you think this person gives a dam about your sight. I do not think so.

I think this is your only quality inspection.

I love the nice clean facility. Sweet bare concrete floor.

Nothing says lovin like a giant pile of crap.
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm looking at purchasing one right now used....seller says it is a Comp model that is pre-CompC...it is 7+ years old...what say ye experts of the fake?

Link Posted: 2/7/2009 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]
That does look like an old COMP/M model.

Never seen a fake of that body style yet.

You can go on the Aimpoint website and look at the discontinued models for better pics.
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 1:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]
He sent me some more pics...about the same quality as the ones above, and I dont see the Aimpoint name or model number or serial in any of the pics...
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
A pic from the Aimpoint website of the original COMP, which they released in 1993.

Again, I've never seen a fake with this body style. The body and caps in your pics match this version exactly.

As for the lack of markings or serial number I would ask him if it's been painted. There was also a bright blue version.

Link Posted: 2/8/2009 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I think Im gonna bite the bullet on this one...thanks for your help...
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, its hard to detect sarcasm over the internet...are you saying you got a clone Aimpoint complete with Aimpoint paperwork and a decent battery?
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, I got this from my buddy for $20 gonna find out what it can take. I just have never seen a clone that look this close.
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I picked up my new CompM today...it does appear to be painted over...the black changes to silver once inside the rims...sorry for crappy pics, was trying out a new handheld camera I got for Xmas...

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#31]
At the risk of insulting some, I want to make sure that it's absolutely safe to assume that if I pick up an Aimpoint from one of our guys, like LaRue, Bravo, etc... there is absolutely zero doubt that you're getting the real deal... not that they would purposely misrepresent but somehow get fakes mixed in somehow I guess.

I was looking at ebay for an ML3... they all say genunine, but I'm not about to go through the suffering of trying to figure out if I just got fucked over.

I'd rather support our sponsors anyway and pay a few bucks more, but I've heard that even the best get hoodwinked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By itschris:
..... it's absolutely safe to assume that if I pick up an Aimpoint from one of our guys, like LaRue, Bravo, etc... there is absolutely zero doubt that you're getting the real deal... .

Absolutely safe.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Check out this guy. He's got several fake EOtech models, Ampiont models, and ACOG models. Hes got fake Aimpoint 3x mag units as well as fake EOtech 4x magnifiers. He's even got fake larue mounts. all with logos and trademarks. Some of his products have testimonials saying that people have used them on real steel AR's and they've held their zero.

I'm actually going to try one of his acogs because I'm just a casual shooter and my life wont depend on it. I would feel bad about spending my money on copyright infringed goods instead of their real american counterparts, but I cant afford the real thing.  So if I were not buying the fake one, Trijicon wouldnt be getting my money anyhow.

Here's the link: http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/listProducts.action?categoryID=24510
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By jayhamman:

Check out this guy. He's got several fake EOtech models, Ampiont models, and ACOG models. Hes got fake Aimpoint 3x mag units as well as fake EOtech 4x magnifiers. He's even got fake larue mounts. all with logos and trademarks. Some of his products have testimonials saying that people have used them on real steel AR's and they've held their zero.

I'm actually going to try one of his acogs because I'm just a casual shooter and my life wont depend on it. I would feel bad about spending my money on copyright infringed goods instead of their real american counterparts, but I cant afford the real thing.  So if I were not buying the fake one, Trijicon wouldnt be getting my money anyhow.

Here's the link: http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/listProducts.action?categoryID=24510

So you join in the past few weeks and get the urging to go into a thread about how to identify copyright infringement and then proceed to explain that you support this company  breaking international law and are going to send the Chinese your money to get these cheap ass things that are little more than a BSA red dot in a new packaging as a viable replacement for something that was developed for years and millions of dollars inside the US and Europe?

GTFO troll.

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 10:28:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bowmanr] [#35]
I wish I had found this thread sooner!  I've got a rifle coming in today off of GunBroker.com from a guy with excellent feedback, but I think it may have a fake Aimpoint CompM2 and 3xMAG on it.  From the auction pictures, they looked very much genuine, and I felt confident dealing with the guy since he had sold similar stuff and received A+ feedback, so it seemed good to go.  But now I wish I had asked for some close-up or hi-def shots of the optics because there is just one pic where the 3xMAG looks very similar to one of the fakes posted in this thread.  

I wanna believe that the seller isn't throwing his hard-earned feedback down the tube just to make a few extra bucks, but he did advertise the optics as being Aimpoint, so maybe he got suckered into it as well when he bought them.  I'll let you guys know what happens when I go to pick up the rifle later today.  They better be the real deal, or I've paid about $900 too much for this gun!!!

If they are fakes, I'll be sure to post some pics, and hopefully I'll be able to sort it out with the seller.  If they are real, then I'm headed to the range for some high quality fun!

EDIT:  I just want to add that I've browsed a few websites that sell clones, and it really pisses me off how they can get away with this BS!  Oh, by the way jayhamman, the website you posted explicitly states at the bottom of each page that their optics are strictly toys and, therefore, should not be used on actual firearms.  I gotta give props to that website for stating exactly what their products are...TOYS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Very useful info thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, it has been determined...I have been taken on this one, guys.  After picking up my new package today, I carefully reviewed the Aimpoint optics on it.  I have determined both the CompM2 and the 3xMAG to both be cloned fakes!  I am not happy at all.  I paid many hundreds of dollars more than I should have for this crap!  I wouldn't mind putting them on my airsoft M4 replica, but not for the $900+ that I overpaid to have them included on my newest addition to my AR family.  

The kicker was when I noticed the serial number on the fake CompM2 was the exact same serial number that I saw on some of the examples posted in this thread.  AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

I don't have time now, but I will post some pics a little later!
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 2:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bowmanr] [#38]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, sorry to hear that.

Those are both absolutely fakes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, I know...I'm waiting to receive an email from Aimpoint so I can forward it to the guy that sold them to me.  He "claims" to know nothing about them being fakes, but I think an email from Aimpoint ought to "convince" him.  I want to believe that he's genuine in this whole deal...that he also got suckered into buying fakes himself without knowing it, but a part of me feels like I'm getting taken to the cleaners on this one, boys!

It just blows my mind that his feed back on Gunbroker.com is outstanding, and I know he's sold other similar packages (a Bushmaster, Armalite, Superior Arms, etc. or similar AR with an Aimpoint CompM2 and 3XMAG on it) in the past.  That means there are others out there that are getting suckered into this rotten deal.  If he continues to refuse to work with me on this, then I will do everything I can to prevent him from selling to others.  I will leave very negative feedback, I will contact Gunbroker.com and let them know he's fraudulent, I will have my attorney contact him if I think its necessary.  The funny thing is: when the rifle arrived at my FFL dealer, he had forgotten to include his paperwork, so I contacted him to let him know he needed to fax or email my dealer the requested info.  Well, he CC'd me in the email, and sent me a scanned copy of his driver's license!  I've checked it out, and as far as I can tell, its all legit!  So, I've got this guy, if I need to, by the balls.  Good thing that he keeps answering my calls and emails!
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bowmanr:
Yeah, I know...I'm waiting to receive an email from Aimpoint so I can forward it to the guy that sold them to me.  He "claims" to know nothing about them being fakes, but I think an email from Aimpoint ought to "convince" him.  I want to believe that he's genuine in this whole deal...that he also got suckered into buying fakes himself without knowing it, but a part of me feels like I'm getting taken to the cleaners on this one, boys!

It just blows my mind that his feed back on Gunbroker.com is outstanding, and I know he's sold other similar packages (a Bushmaster, Armalite, Superior Arms, etc. or similar AR with an Aimpoint CompM2 and 3XMAG on it) in the past.  That means there are others out there that are getting suckered into this rotten deal.  If he continues to refuse to work with me on this, then I will do everything I can to prevent him from selling to others.  I will leave very negative feedback, I will contact Gunbroker.com and let them know he's fraudulent, I will have my attorney contact him if I think its necessary.  The funny thing is: when the rifle arrived at my FFL dealer, he had forgotten to include his paperwork, so I contacted him to let him know he needed to fax or email my dealer the requested info.  Well, he CC'd me in the email, and sent me a scanned copy of his driver's license!  I've checked it out, and as far as I can tell, its all legit!  So, I've got this guy, if I need to, by the balls.  Good thing that he keeps answering my calls and emails!

This upsets me, I can't stand when sellers try to pull that BS. I hope that your issue gets resolved and wouldn't mind seeing his gunbroker account closed for unethical business practices. I'm interested to see how Gunbroker handles this because I have sent emails to Ebay about clone Optics/Bipods/Larue/ Troy Products ect... when the seller doesn't state that the item is a clone, and is trying to pass it off for the real deal. I never once saw those listings pulled.

It is unfortunate that a guy on a local forum posted on the EE trying to sell an eotech 552 whose NV button turns the sight green and comes in a "Military/LEO Only" cardboard box (not the commercial boxes all of us usually see). I was in disbelief at the $430 pricetag he was asking and hoping that no one was believing the product to be real, nor that he had paid that price for it believing it to be real. I have not seen a real quality optic by aimpoint or eotech that switches from red to green, if I am wrong someone update me.
BTW this guy posted it on ebay and seems to be getting some real snags:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140306712051

You guys can be the judge, but the second pic of the rectical doesn't appear to be looking through night vision equipment to me.
This is his Pic, Note the bright red reflection spot in the left.

This is a pic of what I'm used to seeing while looking through my 551 with NVG.

One Question I have about recognizing a fake optic,  do eotechs/ aimpoints come in any other box than what we are used to seeing as a civilian? Or is there really a different box for military contracts, as this seller suggested. The fakes I have seen usually come in cardboard boxes like this so thats usually something I look out for.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Following2dp:

Originally Posted By bowmanr:

This upsets me, I can't stand when sellers try to pull that BS. I hope that your issue gets resolved and wouldn't mind seeing his gunbroker account closed for unethical business practices. I'm interested to see how Gunbroker handles this because I have sent emails to Ebay about clone Optics/Bipods/Larue/ Troy Products ect... when the seller doesn't state that the item is a clone, and is trying to pass it off for the real deal. I never once saw those listings pulled.

It is unfortunate that a guy on a local forum posted on the EE trying to sell an eotech 552 whose NV button turns the sight green and comes in a "Military/LEO Only" cardboard box (not the commercial boxes all of us usually see). I was in disbelief at the $430 pricetag he was asking and hoping that no one was believing the product to be real, nor that he had paid that price for it believing it to be real. I have not seen a real quality optic by aimpoint or eotech that switches from red to green, if I am wrong someone update me.

BTW this guy posted it on ebay and seems to be getting some real snags:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140306712051

You guys can be the judge, but the second pic of the rectical doesn't appear to be looking through night vision equipment to me.

This is his Pic, Note the bright red reflection spot in the left.

http://www.smibrake.net/Eotech%20552/6.jpg

This is a pic of what I'm used to seeing while looking through my 551 with NVG.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/opticsplanet/eotech-field-of-view-vs-aimpoint-img-5.jpg

One Question I have about recognizing a fake optic,  do eotechs/ aimpoints come in any other box than what we are used to seeing as a civilian? Or is there really a different box for military contracts, as this seller suggested. The fakes I have seen usually come in cardboard boxes like this so thats usually something I look out for.

I saw that ad, too...I know for sure that EOTechs dont have red/green toggle-able reticles...

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 7:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bowmanr] [#43]
I'm pretty sure that EOTech is also fake.  I am going to create a new thread about how to recognize a fake EOTech.  I think we should have one of those as well.

EDIT: OK!  I created a "How to recognize a fake EOTech" thread just now.  Here's the link:
How to recognize a fake EOTech!!

Please check it out!  I also posted information direct from EOTech's website that details how to recognize a fake EOTech.  It's good info!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/13/2009 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Q3131A:
Any fake H-1s or T-1s out there?

They are out now.....but how do we tell if they are fakes or not.  I'm seeing the fake T-1s for less than $89.  I'd like to save some coin and buy another real T-1....but I don't want to risk spending $$$ on a fake.  Guess that means I have to pay more and get it direct from LaRue with the mount I need.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SeanK1ng:

They are out now.....but how do we tell if they are fakes or not.  I'm seeing the fake T-1s for less than $89.  I'd like to save some coin and buy another real T-1....but I don't want to risk spending $$$ on a fake.  Guess that means I have to pay more and get it direct from LaRue with the mount I need.

Sean

If you had a team membership you could take a look at this thread with all of the answers you'd need:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=754612

It's a paying member only thread, so once you join you'll get an inside line on how to spot quite a few fakes including fake Aimpoint Micro's(H/T1's).

There is also more info on the fake EoTech's in that thread as well.

Wes
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 10:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viper5194] [#46]
The clone 3x sights arent bad for the money but the red dots seem to be junk...
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 2:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: darkknight206] [#47]

Sean

My friend just recently picked up a "used" fake T-1 from a local pawn shop. They thought it was real, too, so unfortunately someone else sold it to them (probably knowing it was a fake). My friend who has read all of these forums thought it was real too, but still on the skeptical side. He picked it up for around $400. Then he checked it out - DEFINATELY A FAKE!

Heres some of the big things to determine a fake T-1 (probably same for a fake H-1,too):

- No "Intensity" label on dial
- Dial numbers were SIDEWAYS to the user's point of view (real ones have the numbers aligned so they look normal to user)
- 0-11 dial adjustments (real has adjustments labled 0-12 with a large space between 0 and 12)
- No serial number
- Front lense glued in at an angle
- Front lense not anti-glare (at least nowhere near as much as the real thing)
- Keyed adjustment knobs DID NOT have adjustment labels (which way to turn the knob) on the inside top of the knobs.

I hope this helps anyone who is afraid of buying a fake T-1 or H-1.

Oh and my friend got a full refund from the pawn shop.

Edit: I just checked out Ebay and there were several fake T-1s NOT labeled as "airsoft" or "replica". The biggest givaway was the sideways numbers on the dial. Go check them out and you'll see what I mean. One of the sellers even showed a picture of a real T-1 manual but fake T-1. Heres the link:

Ebay Fake Aimpoint T-1
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By darkknight206:

Sean

My friend just recently picked up a "used" fake T-1 from a local pawn shop. They thought it was real, too, so unfortunately someone else sold it to them (probably knowing it was a fake). My friend who has read all of these forums thought it was real too, but still on the skeptical side. He picked it up for around $400. Then he checked it out - DEFINATELY A FAKE!

Heres some of the big things to determine a fake T-1 (probably same for a fake H-1,too):

- No "Intensity" label on dial
- Dial numbers were SIDEWAYS to the user's point of view (real ones have the numbers aligned so they look normal to user)
- 0-11 dial adjustments (real has adjustments labled 0-12 with a large space between 0 and 12)
- No serial number
- Front lense glued in at an angle
- Front lense not anti-glare (at least nowhere near as much as the real thing)
- Keyed adjustment knobs DID NOT have adjustment labels (which way to turn the knob) on the inside top of the knobs.

I hope this helps anyone who is afraid of buying a fake T-1 or H-1.

Oh and my friend got a full refund from the pawn shop.

Edit: I just checked out Ebay and there were several fake T-1s NOT labeled as "airsoft" or "replica". The biggest givaway was the sideways numbers on the dial. Go check them out and you'll see what I mean. One of the sellers even showed a picture of a real T-1 manual but fake T-1. Heres the link:

Ebay Fake Aimpoint T-1

Thanks for the very helpful info.  It's very much appreciated.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#49]
This was purchased from a Chinese airsoft retailer for $54 plus $10 shipping.

Right Side: Shows "Larue" copy mount without trademarks. The latch system is okay, i'd say it's 70% to the real deal. Hold zero as far as I can tell with multiple dismounts, but i've never dropped it or abused it. The adjustment cover has a brown residue on it from adjusting the brass knob on the inside. It wipes off, but I didn't notice it during photography.

How to spot a fake?
No larue Trademark or aimpoint trademark on the side.
The real deal also has a marking for "intensity" on the battery compartment.

Real Deal:

Here is the fake from the top:

How to spot a fake?
Notice the adjustment covers are twice as tall as the real deal. Also the brightness knob has colored marking in red & green. Real deal has only white markings.

Here is the actuall "dot":

How to spot a fake?
If it turns red AND green, it's a fake.

Overall: For $54 bucks, it holds zero, and looks much better than a american made red dot of equal PRICE! So, i would replace a walmart scope or some other gunshow gizmo with this in a HEART beat. Yea, it's chinese "junk", but at least it works...not like the stuff you see at the gunshows going for almost $100 bucks. Lol.

Anyway, don't let goobers steal your $500 bucks on a fake :)
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Here's a aimpoint clone that I picked up recently.  Didn't spend allot, don't expect allot.  The 3X is constructed pretty darn good for the money.

Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top