User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 231
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
BFA?

@Mygrainman
"bayobility". I'll be adding that to my lexicon!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tifosi:
BFA?

@Mygrainman
"bayobility". I'll be adding that to my lexicon!
View Quote
Blank Firing Attachment?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mossyrocks:

Blank Firing Attachment? Adapter
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dis right here. Its the red (M16) or yellow (M4) muzzle attachment for shooting blanks in training. The BFA 1- stops a live round from exiting and 2- gives the gun enough gas back pressure to fully cycle with blank loads
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Dis right here. Its the red (M16) or yellow (M4) muzzle attachment for shooting blanks in training. The BFA 1- stops a live round from exiting and 2- gives the gun enough gas back pressure to fully cycle with blank loads
View All Quotes

Awesome
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
I had a BFA seize itself on one of my first M16's that I was issued. I broke out the Gerber to unscrew it and it removed the FH. The look on the armorers face was hilarious when I handed it back in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mygrainman] [#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Need A2X to correctly mount bayonet, need spacer to correctly mount BFA. (Things I've learned on the subject)

If you ask me, id rather be able to use my bayo correctly than my BFA. But the spacer does look better
View Quote
Since I’ll likely never run blanks, I think I’m with you there...
Spacer definitely looks better, but I’m thinking having a snug fit for bayos is a fair trade off.  Plus I like the idea of drilling the pin hole further back on the threads. Now I just gotta find an A2x in stock. Bravo is sold out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mygrainman:
Spacer definitely looks better, but I’m thinking having a snug fit for bayos is a fair trade off.  Plus I like the idea of drilling the pin hole further back on the threads. Now I just gotta find an A2x in stock. Bravo is sold out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mygrainman:
Need A2X to correctly mount bayonet, need spacer to correctly mount BFA. (Things I've learned on the subject)

If you ask me, id rather be able to use my bayo correctly than my BFA. But the spacer does look better
I got mine from Adco recently. Posted the two several pages ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Showing my rifle its hollywood cousins

20180506-IMG_9177-Canon EOS 6D-70 mm
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By UsubM:
View Quote
Is that a clicky tail cap on your light? If so, where'd you get it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jibles:

Is that a clicky tail cap on your light? If so, where'd you get it?
View Quote
It's just taken off a standard newer gen 6P. The M660 came with a pressure pad tailcap
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#13]
Now with proper SOPMOD stocks and UID labels from carolina laser works.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a proper uid label a block1 should have?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Is there a proper uid label a block1 should have?
View Quote
Not necessarily. Most didn't even have one due to the time frame.

But what I do know is the factory Colts come with the square IUID label. Guns that were converted or rebuild by ANAD, Picattiny and the like use the rectangular IUID. And I have seen mostly Air Force and a small number of Army M4s that used the small circular IUID label. Don't know the whole down low on the circle one but have narrowed down its more common on air force guns
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]

But what I do know is the factory Colts come with the square IUID label. Guns that were converted or rebuild by ANAD, Picattiny and the like use the rectangular IUID. And I have seen mostly Air Force and a small number of Army M4s that used the small circular IUID label. Don't know the whole down low on the circle one but have narrowed down its more common on air force guns
View Quote
My issued m4 is circle. Army. But I never see anyone copy a circle one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

You should be the first.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:47:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#18]
Somebody needs to tell me how dummy down pictures so i can upload them. Says file size error.

Cropped it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Somebody needs to tell me how dummy down pictures so i can upload them. Says file size error.

Cropped it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20180507_145240-536659.JPG
View Quote
They put it on the wrong side!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol. Must have been a Monday
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Or Friday at 1630.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Or Friday at 1630.
View All Quotes
Or Friday at 1630.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Couple more newb questions...

I was comparing my two colt uppers, and on my Commando, which is an agency trade in, I see a proof mark forward of the dc...
I was watching vids of marines training and their M4s have this, but my other Colt upper does not. Is this a mark only put on government guns?

Also noticed on the Commando, the bayo lug is absent but appears to be removed pre anodizing... makes sense since bbl is way to short fo a bayo. I wonder if this was a factory option?

Lastly my side mount strap swivel is the double sided m16a1>/m16a2< variety.  Is it what would be on the block 1, or the newer single sided?
I might be splitting hairs here but I’m wanting to get as much knowledge as possible, and put the best into my build. I’m VERY OCD.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Forgive the quality of these pictures.  I know the lighting isn’t great and it blurs them a bit.  Also, forgive the pmag...I took the pic before I realized my mistake.

I bought one of the 2017 special edition colt socoms with the 14.5 P&W barrel and the wonky FH.  I threw an acog I had sitting around on it; I know it’s not the “correct” TA01.

What would you all do to this to make it more authentic?  Probably not going to change the muzzle device.

TA01?
PEQ2 maybe?
Change the stock?
Cage code stickers?

Trying to decide what to do here or what the best “clone” is that I could make out of it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By david05111:
Forgive the quality of these pictures.  I know the lighting isn’t great and it blurs them a bit.  Also, forgive the pmag...I took the pic before I realized my mistake.

I bought one of the 2017 special edition colt socoms with the 14.5 P&W barrel and the wonky FH.  I threw an acog I had sitting around on it; I know it’s not the “correct” TA01.

What would you all do to this to make it more authentic?  Probably not going to change the muzzle device.

TA01?
PEQ2 maybe?
Change the stock?
Cage code stickers?

Trying to decide what to do here or what the best “clone” is that I could make out of it.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/827/41963146281_9cd6ee405f_z_d.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/950/41918965482_939a6f99d9_z_d.jpg
View Quote
What's wrong with pmags?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

I aasume because Pmag 30 didn't come along until 2007, IIRC?
View Quote
Oh jeez. People were using their block 1s with pmags well after 07
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Just guessing here.
View Quote
You could be right. I see the same style posts in 10.3 thread. I'm a noob in the clone world. All I know, is people with the same m4 I'm issued, run pmags to this day and another Gucci gear. So idk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't look too closely.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
No it doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:
No it doesn't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

No it doesn't.
The only one I've heard of blew the barrel and did not hit the target. Got anything to add besides "no it doesnt"?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#33]

What's wrong with pmags?
View Quote
There’s nothing wrong with it I don’t think.  It’s just a bit of legacy gun at this point, so I think a standard metal mag probably looks more authentic.

But I wasn’t really concerned about the mag.  I’m trying to figure out what the best thing I can do with the base rifle is, as far as a clone, and how to get there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
There’s nothing wrong with it I don’t think.  It’s just a bit of legacy gun at this point, so I think a standard metal mag probably looks more authentic.

But I wasn’t really concerned about the mag.  I’m trying to figure out what the best thing I can do with the base rifle is, as far as a clone, and how to get there.
View All Quotes

What's wrong with pmags?

Looks fine to me man. Maybe throw an M951 on it, maybe some paint. Wouldn't sweat the pmag thing, you could throw a GI mag in for picture time if you want lol

Good looking pair @DontBuryMe
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#35]
So I've recently repainted one if my Block 1.5s, this one is an early Colt Expanse that had LE marked lower and Colt upper, just replaced the barrel with a spare Socom I had already pinned/welded and all the other small parts unique to Expanses.

I'm currently running a Colt waffle stock and chopped carry hande rear sight, but part of me wants to replace those with a Vltor Clubfoot FDE stock I've got sitting around and replace with either an Arms rear sight or a KAC.

But only people I know who ran the Vltor alot were Air Force PJs, and I can't remember if Arms rbuis were actively issued
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By crazysarge16:
So I've recently repainted one if my Block 1.5s, this one is an early Colt Expanse that had LE marked lower and Colt upper, just replaced the barrel with a spare Socom I had already pinned/welded and all the other small parts unique to Expanses.

I'm currently running a Colt waffle stock and chopped carry hande rear sight, but part of me wants to replace those with a Vltor Clubfoot FDE stock I've got sitting around and replace with either an Arms rear sight or a KAC.

But only people I know who ran the Vltor alot were Air Force PJs, and I can't remember if Arms rbuis were actively issued
View Quote
#40s and #40Ls were/are out there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#37]

The only one I've heard of blew the barrel and did not hit the target. Got anything to add besides "no it doesnt"?
View Quote
Well, let me regale you with the story of a new guy...

Went on exercise, and BFA's are on for running blanks, as they're designed to (and might I reinforce, ALL they are designed to do). We go to the range to do live pairs and everyone turns in their blanks and draws live, at the same time "most" take off their BFA's. We continue to run lanes and new guy takes his turn, loads and mag and starts moving.
From the techs inspection, first round lodged against the BFA plug and swelled the barrel. The next dozen rounds burst the barrel, a little more each time, and eventually started spalling and exiting in various directions, alerting new guy that something was wrong.

Needless to say, pairs was stopped, new guy removed, and I've never seen someone clean every weapon in Regt since.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lerch641:

Went on exercise, and BFA's are on for running blanks, as they're designed to (and might I reinforce, ALL they are designed to do). We go to the range to do live pairs and everyone turns in their blanks and draws live, at the same time "most" take off their BFA's. We continue to run lanes and new guy takes his turn, loads and mag and starts moving.
From the techs inspection, first round lodged against the BFA plug and swelled the barrel. The next dozen rounds burst the barrel, a little more each time, and eventually started spalling and exiting in various directions, alerting new guy that something was wrong.

Needless to say, pairs was stopped, new guy removed, and I've never seen someone clean every weapon in Regt since.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lerch641:

Sounds like he got off easy. I’m not sure how your guys’ rank system works but this guy must’ve been equivalent to an E1 fresh out of basic if it took him half a mag to realize something was wrong.

Also surprised nobody else noticed he still had a BFA on lol. Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:28:48 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
No way...  I'm sure I've seen other dudes use a VLTOR.  Might not be on a block 1/1.5 M4 though.......

Mod H 9(Which would be ARMY? I think....)

now these guys might be air force, don't know.....

Looks like an Army guy....  probably his gun she's shooting

Navy? EOD?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#40]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
No way...  I'm sure I've seen other dudes use a VLTOR.  Might not be on a block 1/1.5 M4 though.......

https://i.imgur.com/F5qC0Of.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FylPsGv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/32z671G.jpg

Navy? EOD?
https://i.imgur.com/VrPIpVF.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/F5qC0Of.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FylPsGv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/32z671G.jpg

Navy? EOD?
https://i.imgur.com/VrPIpVF.jpg
Man I haven't seen those top 2 pics in years. Always wondered how he got that multicam paint job. Like a trip down memory lane
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#41]
Looks like both of them.  And their rifles look to be identical.  Only other time I've seen the larue spr-e was on Navy guns.  But not sure if those guys are Navy or not.  Not even sure if they're military or not but I don't know if I've ever seen manufactures or guys wanting to be cool with them radios.  I suppose they could be police.....  But they don't look like their in Kansas any more, Toto.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#42]
The gents with the Troy rails are Australian SASR.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Well that explains it.  I didn't know they wore multicam.  I thought they had their own modern desert camo....

Like this:

But google shows lots of other pics of SASR in same multicam camo as the original pic in question.  You da man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
The gents with the Troy rails are Australian SASR.
View Quote
Oi oi oi. I saw one of those Troy Squid rails the other day which made me realise how much they've died out. Those things were all the rage when I first signed up at this forum, now you don't see any at all. Prob partially the Ruby ridge shit. Partially due to Fuckmod and Mcock.

Always thought that rail looked funny as shit
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#45]
And then don't they actually have little grommets that you could actually sit there and stick in any of the holes you want them in?  I mean, who wants to do that?

I do every once in a while see a troy rail on a US military gun.  Which I always thought is pretty wild.

However, they seem like they'd be light and comfy....  So I'm not necessarily against them.  I don't even know how the holes work though, with rail attachments.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#46]
And then don't they actually have little grommets that you could actually sit there and stick in any of the holes you want them in?  I mean, who wants to do that?

I do every once in a while see a troy rail on a US military gun.  Which I always thought is pretty wild.

However, they seem like they'd be light and comfy....  So I'm not necessarily against them.  I don't even know how the holes work though, with rail attachments.
View Quote
Yeah the little rubber squid plugs

They do look light and comfy for sure. I’m also not sure how the attachments work but I would guess a shitty version of Dickmod or Mcock that attaches a pic rail section from underneath the squid holes. But that’s just my guess. #SquidMod
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty sure you have to configure the rail attatchments before mounting the handguard .  No way to tighten the fasteners on the installed handguard.

Very
View All Quotes

Yeah the little rubber squid plugs

They do look light and comfy for sure. I’m also not sure how the attachments work but I would guess a shitty version of Dickmod or Mcock that attaches a pic rail section from underneath the squid holes. But that’s just my guess. #SquidMod
Pretty sure you have to configure the rail attatchments before mounting the handguard .  No way to tighten the fasteners on the installed handguard.

Very
Don’t kill my squidmod dreams!

Yeah that sounds fuckin bunk. I am not trying to remove my whole 1 piece rail to mount a sling or weapon light or laser lol
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#50]
There were some pics floating around of some AFSOC dudes using Troy Delta rails on their rifles. Kind of a neat set up. I like the one-off or weird rails/accessories.

JK, they're GBs. I don't know why I was thinking AFSOC.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 231
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top