Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 913
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a taupe KAC front sight from kingopticsusa.  Seems to have a lot of KAC stuff that others don't and the site states that he has one more sight in stock.  It's enroute so I can't report on it.  On the ebay note, I ordered a "LMT SOPMOD" stock from some chachbag on ebay.  It was bogus.  Stay away from the crap in the blue bags!  Didn't fit on mil-spec or com buffer tubes.  I tried again from a guy named "love2bid4more".  $150 for a NIB legit SOPMOD with buffer tube, plate and nut.  Seemed like a good deal so I ordered a tan one from him for the block 2 build and it's on the way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
the blue bag ones are the B5s...
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The one that I received did not have any o-rings on the "watertight" storage tubes.  The part number on the side was quoted on LMT's website as being fake.  The rubber butt pad was a hard plastic. I read about those stocks on the previous page but am not familiar with them.  If it was a B5 it wasn't too sweet, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Originally Posted By avex:
so does anyone know where to get the appropriate sights?

the taupe kac folding sight? i got one from operation parts for my mk18 a while back. they get them in from time to time

i'll need front and rear. i'll check them out. never ordered from them before.

Just so you don't go crazy trying to find one, they never made a taupe rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

the taupe kac folding sight? i got one from operation parts for my mk18 a while back. they get them in from time to time

Just so you don't go crazy trying to find one, they never made a taupe rear sight.

man you shouldve waited a few days to tell him that
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By m1afan1000:

The one that I received did not have any o-rings on the "watertight" storage tubes.  The part number on the side was quoted on LMT's website as being fake.  The rubber butt pad was a hard plastic. I read about those stocks on the previous page but am not familiar with them.  If it was a B5 it wasn't too sweet, IMHO.

No, the part number was quoted on LMTs site as not being LMT, which is correct. The B5 stocks were made for a contract with the military, and should have had o-rings. They were tight, but fight fine on LMT receiver extensions, or other brands with a little bit of fitting.

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

man you shouldve waited a few days to tell him that

That's balls. No i had already figured it out after looking at this thread. I just couldn't find a place that i knew that sold them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
If anyone is looking for a SOPMOD buttstock, Rally Point Tactical is carrying the B5 SOPMOD stock, which runs $120, which is cheaper than the LMT. The B5 is the alternate source supplier to Crane. It also comes in different colors.
http://www.rptactical.com/product-detail/b5-systems-enhanced-sopmod-buttstock/791

Saw it on Solder Systems Blog this morning and thought the guys here looking for Tan SOPMOD stocks might be interested.

Shit, I'll bite. November I will buy at least one of these, if it is good to go then I'm gonna start replacing all of my buttstocks with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 3:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Would a chopped FSB work with a RIS II?
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I'd like to know this too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I want to say yes, as I've heard .mil has supposedly done this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#12]

i just had adco chop the FSB on my colt socom barrel and it worked perfect-fits the rail nice and looks good, not to mention retains the strong factory dual taper pins
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kirbykid25:

i just had adco chop the FSB on my colt socom barrel and it worked perfect-fits the rail nice and looks good, not to mention retains the strong factory dual taper pins

+1

ADCO chopped my FSB on a LMT upper to fit the RAS II. On a side note, Gun Gallery does a nice job with it as well (they chopped my SOCOM barrel's FSB for a URX II).
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#15]
According to KevinB, they only made a taupe front sight.

this VFC airsoft gun comes with a taupe rear sight, though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#16]
My rifle is at 11.albs unloaded with mag in.

MUCH better to carry than my previous m1A setup.

I am considering a 12.5" build though. Less weight the better
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#17]
According to KevinB, they only made a taupe front sight. http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/images/VFC-AEG-MK18MOD1FDE-AG-1.jpg

this VFC airsoft gun comes with a taupe rear sight, though.

I could have sworn I have seen a taupe rear sight on a certain someone's gun at some point.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Most of the M4A1s I've been seeing are equipped with the MATECH if there's a rear BUIS at all.  I don't think (someone correct me if wrong on this?) that SOCOM and Crane are buying KAC 300m rears any longer, though they've still got some contracts for the 600m rear BUIS for MK12s and 600m MICROs for M16A4s.  Any 300m BUIS remaining in the inventory are from earlier SOPMOD purchases and would be the standard black versions.    

At least circumstantially, it appears that the MATECH has become de facto the SOPMOD BIS II.  A lot of them I've seen are running without rear BUIS anyhow.

An interesting variation I did see however, and want to look further in to was a KAC 300m BUIS with an A1 windage adjustment knob.  Not sure if this was a small special run by KAC or if it was something an enterprising user configured for themsevles.  Anyone from KAC want to chime in?    

I reckon it couldn't be *too* difficult to do, though it's probably more than a simple parts replacement.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure there's a few FDE rear sights out there seeing as it's very simple to do while having a batch of front sights done. It would be very simple to send off and have done as well, especially since unlike the front there's no colored markings or info on the side.

I'm content with what I have though.

A few more days until my upper arrives. I'm teaching a class this weekend and it would have been a great time to wring it out, but I'm thinking I'll run the mk18.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jonconsiglio:
I'm sure there's a few FDE rear sights out there seeing as it's very simple to do while having a batch of front sights done. It would be very simple to send off and have done as well, especially since unlike the front there's no colored markings or info on the side.

A few more days until my upper arrives. I'm teaching a class this weekend and it would have been a great time to wring it out, but I'm thinking I'll run the mk18.

We'll have to see who gets theirs first. I ordered mine wednesday from neil.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
So, I'm trading my CompM4S for a SU-231 and cash, and a SF MB556K for a 212 and cash...

Honestly, I don't feel super safe with the stuff I've heard about Eotechs in the past, but I figure that if this particular model works for SOCOM, it works for me (and I've heard better things about 553s than the other models, too).

I also went for the 212 instead of the 215 because I don't like the "ring," and I'd rather have the additional compensation the open top ports of the 212 gives me, like the A2. We have also seen pics of the Block II here that have the 212, so I figured it would fit the bill.

Now I just need the rest of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 4:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Very cool. I get impatient, so I went for two day air. It went out today and I'd imagine it'll be here Tuesday since Saturdays don't count with UPS….unfortunately.

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By osha:
So, I'm trading my CompM4S for a SU-231 and cash, and a SF MB556K for a 212 and cash...

Honestly, I don't feel super safe with the stuff I've heard about Eotechs in the past, but I figure that if this particular model works for SOCOM, it works for me (and I've heard better things about 553s than the other models, too).

I also went for the 212 instead of the 215 because I don't like the "ring," and I'd rather have the additional compensation the open top ports of the 212 gives me, like the A2. We have also seen pics of the Block II here that have the 212, so I figured it would fit the bill.

Now I just need the rest of it.

I don't know if I could have done that. I might try an EXPS-3 with their magnifier, but it won't be replacing my Aimpoints unless it does something extraordinary in comparison.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Very cool. I get impatient, so I went for two day air. It went out today and I'd imagine it'll be here Tuesday since Saturdays don't count with UPS….unfortunately.

mine will be here monday. That's the only thing i hate about ordering things so close to the weekend. My daniel defense lower will be a full daniel defense rifle again.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Order them right from Knights. They have them in stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 12:12:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#27]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:

Are you sure about that?

I hate you!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Its what I did with mine, make sure you grind it down off the barel, its a lot harder to work a dremel around when its on the barrel with the pins installed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 1:48:48 AM EDT
[#29]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/dr_mers/IMG_0386.jpg

KAC has never SOLD any of these, but they have made some. I don't have a clue how many, but not many. I have managed to be lucky enough to score two of them over the last decade. I did not find them for sale, they were given to me by a guy who has access to these things (not KevinB, although he knows who gave them to me). I have never, ever seen one for sale anywhere. I've looked!

ARFcom white whale right there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

luckily for us clone builders, we don't have to go crazy trying to find a tan rear sight because the military uses black ones
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

luckily for us clone builders, we don't have to go crazy trying to find a tan rear sight because the military uses black ones

Only by the grace of the Black Rifle gods!
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Gotta bump this. Got my daniel defense block II clone upper in this morning that i ordered from neil and couldn't be happier. I'll post pics tomorrow after i change the furniture that's currently on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Gotta bump this. Got my daniel defense block II clone upper in this morning that i ordered from neil and couldn't be happier. I'll post pics tomorrow after i change the furniture that's currently on the lower.

My tan sopmod showed up today, but I was at work.

Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#35]
What do you assholes think about the surefire m300a in tan? Yay or nay? Is it sopmod enough? More or less light than the m3x?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Post, post! I want to see it.

Yes yes I would like to view a correct block II clone  ( in comparison to my derailed block II project )

Speaking of post it what ever happened with that aftermarket sopmod stock you got for testing new ar guy.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Post, post! I want to see it.

I'll tell you like you told me, look on page 43. I'll post some pics tomorrow of what i have. Still waiting to find some sights and i guess i need a sopmod stock instead of my ctr.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Got mine in today from Neil as well. I'm very happy and it looks great. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Thanks Neil!
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 1:04:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonconsiglio] [#41]
As close as it's getting right now. I have a SOPMOD on my mk18 that I may use here or just grab another one - or a Vltor iMod - and the Aimpoint will be the most used but I have the 3x and the ACOG TA31 RCO there as well. Right now it's sitting on an SBR'd lower since I haven't decided if I'm pinning it yet or not. Ultimately I will though when my Surefire 212 can and flash hider come in.

I run a mini scout on most of my rifles right now. I MAY pick up an m720v eventually, but it's a bit pricey so m not sure. We hunt with PEQ 15's and NODs, so the extra power of the 720 would be nice in the open fields. I'll most likely switch to the regular Surefire switch or even the standard tail cap, but I'll have to play around with it to decide.

I'm starting to really want an Elcan now. I don't care for the weight, but I like the idea of it so I'll need to get my hands on one for a weekend. As for the PEQ 15, I have access any time I need one but would really like my own. I'm back and forth on this and I'm sure I'll end up with one, then I'll need one for the mk18, both SCARs and you know where this goes.

I love the way this thing feels. I prefer it to my SR15's which I just moved away from even though this weighs a little more. I like the extra rail space out front. It allows me to use any grip I want depending on the situation and not have any interference from the light or front sight. I didn't get to shoot it much last night, but I put two mags through it and it felt great. Soft shooting but still solid. I wasn't sure what to expect since I'm using a Vltor A5 and I've heard of a lot of guys lightening the buffer a bit for the 14.5" mid lengths, so I'll see what happens when it's cold and the rifle is dirty.

Neil did a great job and I can't thank him enough for helping me out with this mess!

Sorry for the crummy pic. I shot and uploaded it from the phone.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Been a bunch of pics of guys using ctr's. Gorgeous rifle!
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 2:35:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#43]
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#44]
First couple bits.

Now to make some money for the whole thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#45]

I'm starting to really want an Elcan now. I don't care for the weight, but I like the idea of it so I'll need to get my hands on one for a weekend. As for the PEQ 15, I have access any time I need one but would really like my own. I'm back and forth on this and I'm sure I'll end up with one, then I'll need one for the mk18, both SCARs and you know where this goes.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/jonconsiglio/e398d556.jpg

From what I can tell, if you just buy the ELCAN  and don't like it, you won't lose a penny on resale. They are a very hot item right now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Phixeon:

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/jonconsiglio/e398d556.jpg

From what I can tell, if you just buy the ELCAN  and don't like it, you won't lose a penny on resale. They are a very hot item right now.

That seems to be true. I didn't even think of that, thanks. I really like the idea of it and seems to be almost perfect for what I need.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Originally Posted By osha:
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
The stoks are crap. The contract b5 stocks have been on the EE for months and they are all an improper fit for mil spec tubes. They are tight as shit to where people need to mod them just to use them.

In the comments of the link I posted above, representatives of the company said that was from an old, faulty run. These newer ones are better, apparently. If this is the case, I'm definitely getting one for mine, instead of the expensive LMT.

So who wants to be the test dummy for $120

I ordered one of the B5 ones from RP Tactical, I'll let you guys know how it goes
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw this thread a couple weeks ago and knew it would cost me money.  

Specs in no particular order:
Armalite lower with two-stage match trigger
Magpul trigger guard
LMT SOPMOD stock
Eotech 553
DD RIS II in dark earth rail system
MaTech rear sight/MagpulFDE front sight(I couldn't justify the KAC front sight)
14.5 Colt SOCOM barrel with perm attached BattleComp 1.5
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Let there be light!
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cavscouty:
Let there be light!
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/cavscouty/GEDC0138.jpg

Battery Tube is off
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top