BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 908
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#1]
ETA:  Page ownage and got the Geissele mount this morning.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Yay.

It's heavy enough now.
ETA: What mount would be correct? QD would be nice but isn't required.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spectre186:
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
I got behind a TA31 over the weekend, even with my nose against the charging handle (and I don't shoot that way) I wasn't close enough.

I would have to ditch my rear sight completely and almost cup the lens to my eye in order to use it. I really wanted one too.

Looks like a variable is in my future. I recall seeing a vortex in here awhile back in a kind of bronze/brown color, anyone know what model that is?

you mean the Vortex Razor HD 1-6 Gen II? I think that is what you are referring to

That's the one, thanks. Off to research.

It's a beast of an optic, seen in the wild on Scars and hk416s.  Get ready to add 2 lbs to your rifle....

Yay.

It's heavy enough now.

I just came by to also say that the Razor II is quite a hefty sight(weight wise).  Which is why I decided to throw it on my Block II......  I am waiting for a Geissele Sopmod Mount for mine atm though.  I am also going to put a Harris bipod in an Arms mount to add to the weight and get a sort of Recceish thing going on.  I'll post some pics after she is all together.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#2]
holy crumbs computer problems
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:10:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#3]
holy crumbs computer problems

sorry guys
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on my SCAR-17 in a Bobro mount for a while... the FOV is epic and the glass super clear... I switched to an ELCAN 1-4 to save some weight...

I mean, if I had to lose all of my guns in an unfortunate boating accident, I would grab my Block II, mount the Vortex on it, and use it as a boat anchor....
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on my SCAR-17 in a Bobro mount for a while... the FOV is epic and the glass super clear... I switched to an ELCAN 1-4 to save some weight...

I mean, if I had to lose all of my guns in an unfortunate boating accident, I would grab my Block II, mount the Vortex on it, and use it as a boat anchor....
View Quote

That's heavy if you're switching to an Elcan to save weight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:

View All Quotes

yeah I know, wanted to keep the flex of a variable optic... seemed like the best course of action...
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]

yeah I know, wanted to keep the flex of a variable optic... seemed like the best course of action...
View All Quotes

Just as a heads up my 14.5 upper is likely to go in the EE soon.  All colt with a 4 prong unpinned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a Razor Gen 2 on my block 2 for 2 weeks... It made gun really really heavy.  I ditched it for my ACOG and. I am much happier with the setup.  If i put it back in recce mode it will wear my Leupold MK 4 1.5-5 and save a full 10oz.  In short the Razor is a tank for a using rifle and the bomb for a gaming rifle.  In my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Great photo.  I've had a PST as well but for some reason I prefer the MK 4 for the weight class.  I know it's a little more pricy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:57:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#12]

This hot mess gives you an idea of what I'm going after.  I call it Block 12.....

I already backed the scope up a couple rail slots since the pic and am trying a couple other things out.  Then maybe some paint later.  I might try doing a 45* MRDS offset, but we'll find out.  I'm moderately satisfied with it atm.  Also waiting on an NT4.

ETA:  I'll have to work on resizing these pics a little better before I post em.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Had it set up like this a couple years ago.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:03:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wiscat] [#14]
Oddly enough I have tried both of the optics shown in the previous 2 posts on my Block 2.  (For a couple hundred rounds each.)
In the end the lightweight, field of view, and retical of the ACOG won out.  NickOtime: that is a beautiful rifle... It looks like it weighs a shit ton!
</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#16]
Originally Posted By Wiscat:
Oddly enough I have tried both of the optics shown in the previous 2 posts on my Block 2.  (For a couple hundred rounds each.)
In the end the lightweight, field of view, and retical of the ACOG won out.  NickOtime: that is a beautiful rifle... It looks like it weighs a shit ton!
http://<a href=http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w383/znorin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsuklerqaw.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

I had the Vortex on another upper already and was wanting to switch it up and with all these recent pics in either the MK18 and/or the Block II thread with variables got me to thinking.

I set her on a doctors style scale and she came out somewhere on the heavier side of 11lbs with a fully loaded 20 rounder so I am assuming the "light" side of 12 with a fully loaded 30.  I am working on a MK18 upper as well and sbr stamp on that lower so I will probably turn it in to a "kit" and use this upper for the longer stuff.  

It's actually "lighter" than I thought it would be.  But I guess a 15 ton boat anchor is technically lighter than a 20 ton boat anchor.  

ETA:  Anybody have any recommendations on a 45* offset mount either scope, but preferably picatinny mount option that would accommodate a Burris/Doctor/Insight style mrds?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I was going to edit my previous post to add this pic, but figured I'd just bump the Block II thread instead.  

This again is a pic before I moved the scope back.  The weather outside today is not adequate enough to take pics today.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
http://i.imgur.com/10mj0zE.jpg

I just came by to also say that the Razor II is quite a hefty sight(weight wise).  Which is why I decided to throw it on my Block II......  I am waiting for a Geissele Sopmod Mount for mine atm though.  I am also going to put a Harris bipod in an Arms mount to add to the weight and get a sort of Recceish thing going on.  I'll post some pics after she is all together.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
http://i.imgur.com/10mj0zE.jpg

you mean the Vortex Razor HD 1-6 Gen II? I think that is what you are referring to

That's the one, thanks. Off to research.

It's a beast of an optic, seen in the wild on Scars and hk416s.  Get ready to add 2 lbs to your rifle....

Yay.

It's heavy enough now.

GIMMIE YO #32
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#19]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

GIMMIE YO #32
View Quote

Yeah I think I scored it off someone parting a MK12 in the EE.  I didn't want to contaminate/disseminate the holy grail of purity that is the MK12 thread with this hearsay however.  Especially with the emotions running as high as they are over there atm....

ETA:  #CLONEDISEASE
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#20]
New optic. Been super busy lately so just getting around to posting but long story short as of right now I'm done with school and heading to Ft. Benning on July 12th to start training as an 18x special forces candidate.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Dilemma..................buy "C" marked upper or M4 RISII FSP?

I don't have a Colt upper for either the M4 or CQBR. But I do have an extra .gov profile barrel w/ FSP that I was going to do a Mk18 with since I have an extra RAS sitting around.

GAAAHHH. First world problems.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I don't have a Colt upper for either the M4 or CQBR. But I do have an extra .gov profile barrel w/ FSP that I was going to do a Mk18 with since I have an extra RAS sitting around.

View Quote

How much is the Colt upper?  I can get you a brand new one in bag for $110 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By byou79:

How much is the Colt upper?  I can get you a brand new one in bag for $110 shipped.
View All Quotes

Same price, but I don't remember what/if the shipping is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:19:58 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Where?!  I'm looking for one as well.

Also does anyone know how much FDE RIS II's non fsb's have been going for lately?  (If I can even hunt one down that is)

I should have bought one years ago before they stopped selling them
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone ever get ride of their clone optic and then want it back later?  I got rid of my exps 3-0; before the eotech scandal, and am now kicking myself.  I loved the big window and reticle!
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone ever get ride of their clone optic and then want it back later?  I got rid of my exps 3-0; before the eotech scandal, and am now kicking myself.  I loved the big window and reticle!
View Quote

Of course.

I previously had 4 EOTechs but now have two and two Aimpoints. That way, I can "smooth" my optics "risk" across different options while having a little variety.

Do what makes you happy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Not entirely.

I've sold exps3s, 553s, and acogs, but never any legit su231,su231a, or su230s.  I can't bring myself to do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#28]
i want my RX01-NSN back :(
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#29]
No, i love mine. just fired my M16 with a tired barrel, since the winter..and it put five rounds into a ragged hole at 25.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks you're the man.  Problem solved!
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah,  I know.  I have XL hands and I wanted to be careful not to over adjust it.  I dug my fsp tool out of my armorers bag,  I got in Windham Weaponry's essential kit.   I'm glad I did,  and interesting enough I ended up adjusting the fsp up two more notches per my calculations.  Keep in mind I have the Matech 0-600 set at 300 per Matec's instructions for a 14.5" sight radius.  Surprisingly I had to adjust the windage two clicks to the right.   I'm absolutely finished zeroing this thing in,  next range session I'm heading north to check 200-600 meter steel.  I also checked the roll pin,  it's square,  and I now carefully assist it so I don't risk bending the pin.  I built confidence in the Matech,  and managed to get some rapid fire in at 25 yards standing and I can see now why they like this versus the LMT rear.  Wow.  Dumped a mag into the target at 25 yards with a  two inch group.  Slow fire was all in the bull at the same distance. Probably 1/2-3/4" groups.  I could shoot bulls all day at 25yards with this rear sight.  Very happy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

YES - I am in the same exact boat...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#33]
Got the scope moved back.  Now I am waiting on a 45* offset mount for an extra Insight MRDS I have.  Hopefully once all the hustle and bustle of this weekend slows down I can get her to a range and put some rounds through her.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:50:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RyanO20] [#35]
Got 95% of my upper parts together for a very clone correct upper. Hunting a M4A1 marked colt, but in the meantime I've got a question. What are most of you all using for flash hiders? I've got unicorn parts on my MK12 Mod 0, but paying that much for a 4 prong then pin/welding it is blasphemy and I won't do it. So what's my next best bet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#36]
3 prong
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Sf 3 prong or kac nt4 with a spacer.

I have a spare 3 prong that I kinda marred up installing incorrectly. If you don't plan on using a suppressor send me a pm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RyanO20:
Got 95% of my upper parts together for a very clone correct upper. Hunting a M4A1 marked colt, but in the meantime I've got a question. What are most of you all using for flash hiders? I've got unicorn parts on my MK12 Mod 0, but paying that much for a 4 prong then pin/welding it is blasphemy and I won't do it. So what's my next best bet?
View Quote

M4QD with shims is what I would do.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Trying to get back into clone optics, anyone interested in trading me a beat up Acog/rmr combo for my Aimpoint H2 and magnifier combo?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:25:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#40]
Due to financial issues, it looks like I may be getting out of block II while I'm still collecting parts.

I have a Colt raised C upper with a few handling marks and a factory blem on the left side (barrel never torqued) and an unfired Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel with the FSB removed (still with it) and a SF3P (unpinned, never torqued either)

Any suggestions on how much to ask for them?

ETA: This is not a sale ad, I am not 100% sure if I am selling yet, genuinely asking about a price.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Removed most of the paint...trying something new

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#43]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://youtu.be/UZB3JvLkFTM
View Quote

I knew I had seen a SFB with a Trijicon somewhere.  Yeah needless to say you were a nice inspiration to have when I was doing my build.  I just so happened to have had a spare Magpul AFG2 sitting around and have to say I like how it feels.  I had previously tried a VG and didn't like it but I may have to steal your "set up" style as the weight just feels a little bit more dispersed with the AFG on.  Thanks for the video.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Does anyone know which ambi safety they are installing on all the  M4A1 lowers?  TIA
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#45]
Originally Posted By Core:
Does anyone know which ambi safety they are installing on all the  M4A1 lowers?  TIA
View Quote

OG Technologies Inc out of New York and Manufacturing Support Industries out of Maryland were awarded the contracts for the ambi selector from what I have been able to find, though Combatdiver should be able to get the actual info.

Colt use to produce or sold a semi-auto copy of the new M4A1 safety but I have not seen them available for sometime.  Though I have one on my issued rifle I would rather prefer a KAC or BADASS ambi with the standard and hybrid lever if it was my money.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:41:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#46]
Originally Posted By Mb121:

OG Technologies Inc out of New York and Manufacturing Support Industries out of Maryland were awarded the contracts for the ambi selector from what I have been able to find, though Combatdiver should be able to get the actual info.

Colt use to produce or sold a semi-auto copy of the new M4A1 safety but I have not seen them available for sometime.  Though I have one on my issued rifle I would rather prefer a KAC or BADASS ambi if it was my money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mb121:
Originally Posted By Core:

Colt use to produce or sold a semi-auto copy of the new M4A1 safety but I have not seen them available for sometime.  Though I have one on my issued rifle I would rather prefer a KAC or BADASS ambi if it was my money.

This is the one manufacture that I've received for issue.  CAGE: 1KW91 (Manufacturing Support Industries in Salisbury MD)

previous page
page 1145 here

CD
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I wish I could finally decide on a stock for this thing!  I think the SOPMOD looks better.  The only problem is that
with the short eye releif on the ACOG it gives me "too good of a cheek weld" pushing my eye off center.  With the
Magpul it comes up more naturally.  I'm leaning Magpul.
What does the everyone think?
" />
" />
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I wish I could finally decide on a stock for this thing!  I think the SOPMOD looks better.  The only problem is that
with the short eye releif on the ACOG it gives me "too good of a cheek weld" pushing my eye off center.  With the
http://<a href=http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w383/znorin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsraf30d5v.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w383/znorin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoy0hwagq.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

Function over form, hands down.  Although plenty of people here would disagree.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#49]
http://<a href=http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w383/znorin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsraf30d5v.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w383/znorin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoy0hwagq.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

If you could get the sopmod to work that would be for the best. I have both stocks and the ctr makes the block II feel so unbalanced it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Looks mean nothing, Id go only so far as matching the color of your grips/ stocks etc.

Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top