Glitch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
and again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gatordev] [#5]
I've been following the thread for several years and it inspired me to build up a B2 as I was PCS'ing out of CA and back to much more firearm freedoms.  However, I told myself I wouldn't post until I made it all the way through the thread.  So, finally...  It will never be 100% correct, but it's close enough for me, given I shoot it (and all of my clones) regularly.  More pics as it progressed through the last 3 years of use...

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I just listed my non-fsp clone in the EE

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/1615825_Block-II-clone-for-sale.html
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Gonna try a shaved FSP.
View Quote

Totally clone/seen ITW kosher in my book.

You may have seen some of my posts about a certain group of guys who started doing that.  I thought it was pretty funny at the time:  one guy had their armorer shave the FSB...and then suddenly everyone wanted the mod.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

You may have seen some of my posts about a certain group of guys who started doing that.  I thought it was pretty funny at the time:  one guy had their armorer shave the FSB...and then suddenly everyone wanted the mod.
View Quote

I have been versions, but I actually prefer the FSP model. The reason is that I know if my optic fails I always have my irons to fall back on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By veeklog:

I have been versions, but I actually prefer the FSP model. The reason is that I know if my optic fails I always have my irons to fall back on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

After noticing the FSP gone on my buddy's rifle in an Afghanistan photo, he told me "if my Elcan goes out, I have much bigger problems."
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks great MN ... is that a 230?

Digging that KAC TT
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1811:
Looks great MN ... is that a 230?

Digging that KAC TT
View Quote

Yes that's a Gen 2 SU230. Thank you
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Agreed...I'm in the BUIS camp.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#14]
So my DD M4A1 should be in any day.
I have the:
B5 SOPMOD stock
Colt A2 grip
Matech rear sight
DD QD mount
Aimpoint micro
Larue LT660 mount

Now I just need the KAC 90551 taupe. I found a website that has them in stock. Now I just gotta drop the $190. Man this isn't cheap.

I want a warcomp but it'll have to get put on the back burner until i get a scope mount for my BCM recce and a KAC RAS for my block 1/1.5 build

Edit: ordered the 99051 taupe

If any one is interested there's one left at rifle gear

http://www.riflegear.com/p-6096-knights-armament-mk12mk18-front-folding-sight.aspx
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
So my DD M4A1 should be in any day.
I have the:
B5 SOPMOD stock
Colt A2 grip
Matech rear sight
DD QD mount
Aimpoint micro
Larue LT660 mount

Now I just need the KAC 90551 taupe. I found a website that has them in stock. Now I just gotta drop the $190. Man this isn't cheap.

I want a warcomp but it'll have to get put on the back burner until i get a scope mount for my BCM recce and a KAC RAS for my block 1/1.5 build

Edit: ordered the 99051 taupe

If any one is interested there's one left at rifle gear

http://www.riflegear.com/p-6096-knights-armament-mk12mk18-front-folding-sight.aspx
View Quote

Taupe?!?

I need a black one...for my Mk12!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Could someone explain to me what the difference is between Full power peqs and Commercial peqs? Also, are full power peqs available to us and are they more expensive than commercial peqs?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:
Could someone explain to me what the difference is between Full power peqs and Commercial peqs? Also, are full power peqs available to us and are they more expensive than commercial peqs?
View Quote
It's all about the power of the lasers inside the housing. Over a certain power level, the FDA (not sure how they got jurisdiction over lasers ) says "no go" to civilian sales. However, from the little bit of reading I've done about them, they're legal to own, but since sales are not, it effectively makes them illegal as most full power ones you're going to find are probably hot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
It's all about the power of the lasers inside the housing. Over a certain power level, the FDA (not sure how they got jurisdiction over lasers ) says "no go" to civilian sales. However, from the little bit of reading I've done about them, they're legal to own, but since sales are not, it effectively makes them illegal as most full power ones you're going to find are probably hot.
View Quote

I often find myself using the lower power setting on my full power units. Every now and then the laser show is fun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:

I often find myself using the lower power setting on my full power units. Every now and then the laser show is fun.
View Quote

Izlids can make for an IR equivalent of a Pink Floyd show....  
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Izlids can make for an IR equivalent of a Pink Floyd show....  
View Quote
Got to play with one of those while calling in some BRRRRT on some dudes digging in IEDs. It was fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATravis11b] [#21]
I hope its alright to ask, this seems the best place.  What's the going (fair) rate for a complete DD build factory M4A1 upper these days?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mbarnes:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/29qbdqg.jpg
View Quote

How's the weight with the Vortex? Mine is sitting optic-less at the moment and that's one I keep looking at.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

How's the weight with the Vortex? Mine is sitting optic-less at the moment and that's one I keep looking at.
View Quote

It's heavy, but I've been using it since they came out so I'm use to it. It's my favorite optic so I deal with the weight in order to use it- not a big deal on my match rifle though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
I hope its alright to ask, this seems the best place.  What's the going (fair) rate for a complete DD build factory M4A1 upper these days?
View Quote

$1,150

DD factory M4A1 uppers/rifles no longer come with a mk12 gas block, it's a new gas block.  Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]

introduced the lady to shooting recently...she liked it... ...pictures of the block ii 
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#27]

is that raahagues?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

is that raahagues?
View Quote
Yep...I ETSd in May so I'm stuck here until I transfer to a university from my local CC.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know what the turnaround time for a tax stamp is right now?

I heard it's 18 months.  If that's true I might just pin and weld.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#31]
My last eForm 1 took just short of 7 months.  I submitted in June, right before 41F was enacted.  Given the initial 41F glut, there's a pig in the snake effect right now, but I'm guessing that will pass in another couple of months.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By gatordev:
My last eForm 1 took just short of 7 months.  I submitted in June, right before 41F was enacted.  Given the initial 41F glut, there's a pig in the snake effect right now, but I'm guessing that will pass in another couple of months.
View Quote

Damn.  My block 2 build is my only rifle.  So I'd be without a rifle.

I was thinking.. a 14.5" gun is hard to detect as an sbr; no one would know, even if I took it to the range.  But risking it would be stupid.  But it's just interesting; got me thinking about how many people out there built Sbr's and never registered them.  No one would know if you buy it part by part.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JoeyTwoSites:

I was thinking.. a 14.5" gun is hard to detect as an sbr; no one would know, even if I took it to the range.  But risking it would be stupid.  But it's just interesting; got me thinking about how many people out there built Sbr's and never registered them.  No one would know if you buy it part by part.
View Quote

The first time I took a pinned and welded upper to the local range someone noticed within the first 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Pin and weld is easily done, don't take chances, it's not worth it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

File your paperwork and buy another upper, they are cheap enough right now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Shitty iPhone pic. I was playing around with the IR floodlight on the WMX200 last night--me likey, especially indoors. Next move on this one will be a Insight FDE MRDS (if you're selling one, shoot me an IM/Email).

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Pin and weld is easily done, don't take chances, it's not worth it.
View Quote

Oh I wasn't gonna risk it, that'd just be stupid.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#39]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote
The FDA has jurisdiction because of vision safety and the fact that this power level laser seems to have first been developed for medical uses.  If enough morons continue to light up aircraft with LOW power lasers, we're going to see the FAA get authority over them too.

It comes down to a combination of idiots being idiots with devices that can hurt things and people, and "the public" becoming outraged by badly reported, overblown incidents these idiots perpetrate.  It is just stupid to light up an aircraft, or the driver of a car on the road, or another person who isn't wearing proper protective eyewear.  But it happens, and it scares people, and we wind up having things taken away from us because of a few stupid people doing stupid things.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AnthonyL:
http://i.imgur.com/Y7yaUDm.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
The FDA has jurisdiction because of vision safety and the fact that this power level laser seems to have first been developed for medical uses.  If enough morons continue to light up aircraft with LOW power lasers, we're going to see the FAA get authority over them too.

It comes down to a combination of idiots being idiots with devices that can hurt things and people, and "the public" becoming outraged by badly reported, overblown incidents these idiots perpetrate.  It is just stupid to light up an aircraft, or the driver of a car on the road, or another person who isn't wearing proper protective eyewear.  But it happens, and it scares people, and we wind up having things taken away from us because of a few stupid people doing stupid things.
View Quote

This.

And having been at the controls of a small aircraft during a laser strike, I can tell you....it ain't fun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Well after searching and building the last couple of months I think i finally have a good enough start to be posting in this forum, I've been lurking for some time so now it time to put it all out there.

Builds are:
Block II-
Colt LE lower
B5 Sopmod Stock
Knights BUIS
Surefire Scout
Aimpoint M4s
BCM socom barrel
And of course DD RIS II in brown

Block 2 FSP-
Colt 6920 lower
B5 gen 1 sopmod stock
Trijicon ta31rco on qd mount
surefire m952v
Has 16 in barrel might send to adco but might just get while new upper and start fresh

both have a few things that make them not clone perfect but they are getting there. Thanks for the inspiration everybody![/URL]" />
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Looks good.  NT4 is good to go for Block II, plenty of pics out there, mostly used by MARSOC from what I've seen.  What are the details on the 2x Aimpoint?  Never heard of that before.
View Quote
Thanks. Good info.  I really like this thing, I barely notice the magnification at close distances but it's enough to really dial into details of a man sized target at longer distances. I can shoot with both eyes open and it doesn't require a strict eye relief like my 3x magnifier did, I don't know how Aimpoint does it but it's cool.  It's also heavy duty forged aluminum, has a huge objective lens, and the lithium batteries seem to last a really long time.  I haven't found a negative other than it's massive size, and no one makes ARD's for it. 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Nice setup. 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Well after searching and building the last couple of months I think i finally have a good enough start to be posting in this forum, I've been lurking for some time so now it time to put it all out there.

Builds are:
Block II-
Colt LE lower
B5 Sopmod Stock
Knights BUIS
Surefire Scout
Aimpoint M4s
BCM socom barrel
And of course DD RIS II in brown

Block 2 FSP-
Colt 6920 lower
B5 gen 1 sopmod stock
Trijicon ta31rco on qd mount
surefire m952v
Has 16 in barrel might send to adco but might just get while new upper and start fresh

both have a few things that make them not clone perfect but they are getting there. Thanks for the inspiration everybody![/url]
View Quote

Nice builds.  That M4S looks good on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:54:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harles] [#48]
Needs PEQ15 and Bronze WMX 200 (if anyone wants to part ways with one let me know ), def my favorite gun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#49]
What light mount is that?

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Barbarian315:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Barbarian315:

Looks like a lo-pro
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top