Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1199 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:02:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

How do you like the Spiritus Systems might fight chest rig?
View Quote
I just got it yesterday but so far it seems ok, the rifle mags inserts are pretty tight, will need to get it out to the range and see how I like it.

i really like my jpc and tacos but with TX summer creeping up I don't wanna be running armor very much.

Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#2]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
I just got it yesterday but so far it seems ok, the rifle mags inserts are pretty tight, will need to get it out to the range and see how I like it.

i really like my jpc and tacos but with TX summer creeping up I don't wanna be running armor very much.

https://i.ibb.co/HgCSWZS/93-DD55-F4-ABF4-4-C22-B605-EA7-A9-D40-BFA7.jpg
View Quote
I've been using a Mk4 since about December. The mag inserts will loosen up a bit with use, but they're still pretty tight on mine as well.

For anyone else looking at the Mk4- I originally used the skinny straps and I would definitely recommend just getting the fat straps right of the bat, unless you're trying to stay super minimal. I ended up getting a bank robber rig to use with the skinny straps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Slowing gathering parts for Block 1 upper. Can't really see in the pic but it's a Colt cage marked upper.  Need to get the ball rolling on a NT4. That price tho, tough pill to swallow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:
Slowing gathering parts for Block 1 upper. Can't really see in the pic but it's a Colt cage marked upper.  Need to get the ball rolling on a NT4. That price tho, tough pill to swallow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/465788/IMG_2081_JPG-929416.JPG
View Quote
Yea man I dodged the NT4 for a few years but finally couldn't resist. I don't regret the price, I regret not buying it sooner. If you can swing it, just do it and get the ball rolling
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spooled:

https://i.ibb.co/HgCSWZS/93-DD55-F4-ABF4-4-C22-B605-EA7-A9-D40-BFA7.jpg
View Quote
That's why I ditched mine and went with the Haley Micro
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, I wanted to give some feedback on the Surefire Suppressor Adapter Carbon Scraping Tool I picked up.  I didn't grab a before pic, but you can look at the last pic of my rig a page back.  It looks like a typical salty 4 prong, with lots of carbon.  I used the rifle last week, and it took me forever to get the can off.  Tried it warm, cold, everything.  Took me a good 15-20 min to work it off.  Id have tried the unlocked firing method, but it was dark.  Before I started shooting last night, I used the new scraper.  It was tight going on, but i just kind of screwed it on.  Once on, you just twist it to scrape.  I worked it for about 3 min steady.  It isnt supposed to get the whole mount clean, just the bearing surfaces.  It did the trick.  I put the can on, did my usual shooting, and when it was time to come off, it was easier than new.  I decided Id give it a quick scrape every time I take the can off to keep it easy.  While it isnt cheap, its typical excellent surefire quality.  It was definitely worth it for me.

Link Posted: 4/30/2019 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]

This is the skinny one a few folks are running in this thread. Remove the pic rail from the mount (will require a heat gun to break the thread locker) and you can direct mount the surefire scouts to the base. Provides a nice lightweight and tucked in light mount solution.

https://i.imgur.com/Br5zbYO.jpg

Direct from Gear Sector
Cheaper from SKD and they are a site sponsor
View Quote
That is a cool piece of kit for an RMR.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
PSA M4A1 receivers are live

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-m4a1-stripped-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

View Quote
I don't think they were live anymore when you posted lol
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in TX, north Dallas.  Best price & place to pick up an RC2?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

Well, I tried. 2 coming my way
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FilthyCasual:
I'm in TX, north Dallas.  Best price & place to pick up an RC2?
View Quote
Presample Depot is in your area and I'm sure he can order you one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone painted their G33 black magnifier? Been thinking about painting my Mod1 but I've heard paint doesn't stick well to the rubber on the G33?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
https://i.imgur.com/jZWxuSv.jpg
View Quote
@HD2006

Much awesome. What iron sights are on the top one?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:
@HD2006

View All Quotes
@HD2006

KAC 300m micro in the rear and KAC 99051 in taupe for the front
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
View All Quotes
@HD2006

Rear is a full-size, not a micro.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
@HD2006

Oh. It looks tiny. Like my Timmy.

300m....full size*
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Guys, I wanted to give some feedback on the Surefire Suppressor Adapter Carbon Scraping Tool I picked up.  I didn't grab a before pic, but you can look at the last pic of my rig a page back.  It looks like a typical salty 4 prong, with lots of carbon.  I used the rifle last week, and it took me forever to get the can off.  Tried it warm, cold, everything.  Took me a good 15-20 min to work it off.  Id have tried the unlocked firing method, but it was dark.  Before I started shooting last night, I used the new scraper.  It was tight going on, but i just kind of screwed it on.  Once on, you just twist it to scrape.  I worked it for about 3 min steady.  It isnt supposed to get the whole mount clean, just the bearing surfaces.  It did the trick.  I put the can on, did my usual shooting, and when it was time to come off, it was easier than new.  I decided Id give it a quick scrape every time I take the can off to keep it easy.  While it isnt cheap, its typical excellent surefire quality.  It was definitely worth it for me.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40771552333_0dcc2a6eb6_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46821487795_8a4f9bf745_k.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for the report. Been eyeing one of these. Glad to hear they work and are worth the coin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

That's why I ditched mine and went with the Haley Micro
View Quote
Second this. So much better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
If anyone would be interested in a trade for the old school OG surefire cap (I need a millennium clicky button tail cap) feel free to DM me

A few m84s en route since PRI just dropped the fde ambis. ya I know south paws suck

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#25]
https://i.imgur.com/P8UiVcO.jpg
View Quote
Xtra sex
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#26]
So new neighbor has a nice shop with multiple lathes. Looking to have some of my barrels cut down to 10.3" to finish some these builds that have gone sidetracked.  Save me from mailing them like I was fixing to do.

#50 bit does the .070 spec

I have a dwg of 1/2-28 thread

Anything else I'm missing.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Found a salty looking Mk18 upper on Armslist.
She's an oldie.

Might switch this rail with my current mk18 rail.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#28]
just get it, you will never regret it. i built my Mod 0 in 2008. im working on my third NT4.

Originally Posted By AR_Marv:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/465788/IMG_2081_JPG-929416.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
CQBR pals. Broke down and swapped in a spare "C" stamped upper on the NT4 host URG.

I would be taking pictures with a new DSLR (Canon SL2), but the fuckwit Ebay seller "Tri-State-Camera" didn't honor their price; fuckers canceled the transaction without explanation after I'd already paid. Contacted them and they claimed it was a mistake and that the advertised price was for a "refurbished" camera (even though I didn't see any listings for refurbs on either their site or Ebay). The previous sale price had been $459 and they relisted it for $410 the same day the SL3 became available for preorder; I figured it was a price drop to clear out stock for the newer model. But, no... they canceled the order and relisted for $490, heh.

Now I have a new Canon camera bag, a 50mm prime lens and spare batteries I ordered at the same time... and no camera, lol. I think I'm going to pick up a Canon T7i instead. Only went with the SL2 in the first place based on the $410 price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By krdt:
CQBR pals. Broke down and swapped in a spare "C" stamped upper on the NT4 host URG.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050119.Pals-RS-01.jpg

I would be taking pictures with a new DSLR (Canon SL2), but the fuckwit Ebay seller "Tri-State-Camera" didn't honor their price; fuckers canceled the transaction without explanation after I'd already paid. Contacted them and they claimed it was a mistake and that the advertised price was for a "refurbished" camera (even though I didn't see any listings for refurbs on either their site or Ebay). The previous sale price had been $459 and they relisted it for $410 the same day the SL3 became available for preorder; I figured it was a price drop to clear out stock for the newer model. But, no... they canceled the order and relisted for $490, heh.

Now I have a new Canon camera bag, a 50mm prime lens and spare batteries I ordered at the same time... and no camera, lol. I think I'm going to pick up a Canon T7i instead. Only went with the SL2 in the first place based on the $410 price.
View Quote
Nice sticks. My build is gonna be very similar to those. Still gathering parts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Do you guys that run the EXPS on the B2 actually like them/find them durable? I'm having a hard time choosing one over a T2 or something similar with all the Eotech hate. CD how often do the EXPS fail and need replacing?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Do you guys that run the EXPS on the B2 actually like them/find them durable? I'm having a hard time choosing one over a T2 or something similar with all the Eotech hate. CD how often do the EXPS fail and need replacing?
View Quote
I love them. Especially with night vision. The only downfall is the battery life so you can't leave them on like an Aimpoint., but I still prefer the EOTech.

The only issue I have ever had with an EOTech optic is the dimming of the reticle when it starts the lose its nitrogen purge. I guess this has been fixed with the new optics. Even if you get an old one and this happens to it, you can sent it back to EOTech and they turn it around really fast and it doesn't seem to lose the purge ever again. When I sent one in it took a week from doorstep to doorstep to fix and return the optic.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sbye:

I love them. Especially with night vision. The only downfall is the battery life so you can't leave them on like an Aimpoint., but I still prefer the EOTech.

The only issue I have ever had with an EOTech optic is the dimming of the reticle when it starts the lose its nitrogen purge. I guess this has been fixed with the new optics. Even if you get an old one and this happens to it, you can sent it back to EOTech and they turn it around really fast and it doesn't seem to lose the purge ever again. When I sent one in it took a week from doorstep to doorstep to fix and return the optic.
View Quote
That’s good to know thanks.
And I also like the eotech better for the block two. Again the only down side is battery life. Wish I could leave it on 24/7 like Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO. Matter of fact I sold my T2 on another rifle because I liked the MRO more.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Same as sbye... one of my favorite red dot style optics.

Kinda funny, I've heard people comment they don't like being hemmed in or limited by the "acceptable parts" list, whereas I'm kinda the opposite - I actually like or even prefer many of the "accepted" parts. I can almost go down the list: shaved A2? Love it. TD Stubby? Favorite VFG. Colt N1 or SOPMOD? Yes, please. Upper and lower full of proven and solid parts? Don't mind if I do. KAC BUIS and Eotech EXPS? Sign me up. Surefire M300 or M600 as an acceptable alternative... did they make this list just for me? lol

There are actually very few parts on my builds that I use purely because it's correct that I would otherwise not like or use - especially from Block II. If tomorrow I decided I had zero fucks to give about cloning, my Block IIs wouldn't really change much. Maybe swap the Gen 1 SOPMODs for a Gen II just for the convenience of built-in QDs, but that can be solved easily enough with an add-on part. If I had to search out stuff I probably wouldn't have otherwise selected outside of cloning purposes, the list would mostly come from my Block I.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Apparently, MEN isn't importing any more ammo, particularly 556. Who's got the recommendation on the good good 556?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Same as sbye... one of my favorite red dot style optics.

Kinda funny, I've heard people comment they don't like being hemmed in or limited by the "acceptable parts" list, whereas I'm kinda the opposite - I actually like or even prefer many of the "accepted" parts. I can almost go down the list: shaved A2? Love it. TD Stubby? Favorite VFG. Colt N1 or SOPMOD? Yes, please. Upper and lower full of proven and solid parts? Don't mind if I do. KAC BUIS and Eotech EXPS? Sign me up. Surefire M300 or M600 as an acceptable alternative... did they make this list just for me? lol

There are actually very few parts on my builds that I use purely because it's correct that I would otherwise not like or use - especially from Block II. If tomorrow I decided I had zero fucks to give about cloning, my Block IIs wouldn't really change much. Maybe swap the Gen 1 SOPMODs for a Gen II just for the convenience of built-in QDs, but that can be solved easily enough with an add-on part. If I had to search out stuff I probably wouldn't have otherwise selected outside of cloning purposes, the list would mostly come from my Block I.
View Quote
Thanks for the input. Actually I'm not really looking to change things for the sake of changing things. To be honest I don't have much interest in cloning. I chose to build a block ii based on the fact that it's a proven system. I was just curious about the Eotechs since I never had one and they get a lot of negative reviews.

I am still curious on CDs take of the Eotechs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m just a regular Joe who runs both the EOTECH and T1, I like both for different reasons and would trust my life to either. I enjoy the FOV and reticle on the EOTECH and run fixed BUIS if I had reticle issues for some reason.

The T1 is also solid, has a smaller FOV but allows me to see more around the RDS. Battery life and the simplicity of the red dot is great.

Overall the EOTECH is my preference, but enjoy both for different reasons.

Just another data point.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
The EoTechs hold up well.  I just don't replace them anymore since I have no replacements.  Do have three Elcans that need replacing, elevation knob jammed on each.

CD
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HAMBURGERATTACK] [#40]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40771552333_0dcc2a6eb6_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46821487795_8a4f9bf745_k.jpg
View Quote
I dont have a 10.3 - just wanted to say this carbon scraper is the bomb.  I used to scrub my muzzle device down after every shoot (socom-mini2)...after picking this tool up I just use it after every session and only scrub every ~1000 rounds. Easy on and off.

It's way too spensive
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:56:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:
If anyone would be interested in a trade for the old school OG surefire cap (I need a millennium clicky button tail cap) feel free to DM me

A few m84s en route since PRI just dropped the fde ambis. ya I know south paws suck

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/97E7006A-0B5C-46DD-91AA-C0D52394C5BD_jpeg-930943.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/819AC655-446B-414A-B611-F63D0FC1F73B_jpeg-930944.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/9BC7213A-9A66-4DDF-83A5-9D591D64296E_jpeg-930945.JPG
View Quote
That magnifier and Wilcox riser is fake correct? The gold color on the G33 seems REALLY gold and the rubber seems very light tan as where most of the OG tanodized ones seem to almost have a greenish tint to the rubber. How does it hold up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Some interesting info from former SEAL 'benmookie' on IG about his experience with LMT 10.5" barrels.  Also note the KAC FF RAS carbine handguard:

another example of a SEAL with KAC FF RAS 7" rail (on the left)
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Is a SP64049 Colt 10.3 CQB 5.56 Barrel @ $299.00 (G&R Tactical) expensive?
http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-103-CQB-556-Barrel_p_325.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/97E7006A-0B5C-46DD-91AA-C0D52394C5BD_jpeg-930943.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/819AC655-446B-414A-B611-F63D0FC1F73B_jpeg-930944.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/9BC7213A-9A66-4DDF-83A5-9D591D64296E_jpeg-930945.JPG
View Quote
My man, your Block II is the coolest thing I have seen on this thread for the last 100 pages. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#45]
If any of you block 2 guys are looking for a m300c look for my EE ad
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

That magnifier and Wilcox riser is fake correct? The gold color on the G33 seems REALLY gold and the rubber seems very light tan as where most of the OG tanodized ones seem to almost have a greenish tint to the rubber. How does it hold up?
View Quote
Neither items are fake
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#47]
AU has 518 of colt 10.3 barrels for $250 each

Heads up to the group
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: walkinginadangerzone] [#48]
Originally Posted By WSAR15:
Is a SP64049 Colt 10.3 CQB 5.56 Barrel @ $299.00 (G&R Tactical) expensive?
http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-103-CQB-556-Barrel_p_325.html
View Quote
Get it from AU, they currently have them as well for $250.

I would've gotten one but I"m tapped out of funds for the rest of the month.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone have a lead on a decently priced poop colored ris?

Canceling my urgi build and going block 2
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#50]
Originally Posted By MrKV:
Anyone have a lead on a decently priced poop colored ris?

Canceling my urgi build and going block 2
View Quote
risii
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1199 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top