BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1200 of 1572)
Page / 1572
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:18:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chikenmastr] [#1]
RIS ii should be available lots of places soon. My sales rep said they should have a shipment 4-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Conner378:

risii
View Quote
My ee admin buddy cockblocked on a recent posting... Contacted the person that tried to sell. If that falls through I'll go with that. When did DD start selling again? I've been out the loop for a while but remember them being OOS forever
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Neither items are fake
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

That magnifier and Wilcox riser is fake correct? The gold color on the G33 seems REALLY gold and the rubber seems very light tan as where most of the OG tanodized ones seem to almost have a greenish tint to the rubber. How does it hold up?
Neither items are fake
The G33 is fake. Color is way too gold.

The mount I am not sure but the color is very close to an airsoft brand. I for one wouldn't fork over the cash for the FTS and riser.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#5]
Originally Posted By robertototototo:

The mount I am not sure but the color is very close to an airsoft brand. I for one wouldn't fork over the cash for the FTS and riser.
View Quote
Haha nah
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
The EoTechs hold up well.  I just don't replace them anymore since I have no replacements.  Do have three Elcans that need replacing, elevation knob jammed on each.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Do you guys that run the EXPS on the B2 actually like them/find them durable? I'm having a hard time choosing one over a T2 or something similar with all the Eotech hate. CD how often do the EXPS fail and need replacing?
The EoTechs hold up well.  I just don't replace them anymore since I have no replacements.  Do have three Elcans that need replacing, elevation knob jammed on each.

CD
Send them to me, I'll fix them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WSAR15:
Is a SP64049 Colt 10.3 CQB 5.56 Barrel @ $299.00 (G&R Tactical) expensive?
http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-103-CQB-556-Barrel_p_325.html
View Quote
Somebody will buy one and post it in the EE for $700 soon...  happens every time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#8]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Somebody will buy one and post it in the EE for $700 soon...  happens every time.
View Quote
AU has them for $250 plus free shipping...I just finally got one!
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Haha nah
View Quote
What makes you so sure? I'm just looking at my anodized g33 to compare. I'm not crapping on the guy for using a fake one, but it's pretty obvious it's fake.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#10]

What makes you so sure? I'm just looking at my anodized g33 to compare. I'm not crapping on the guy for using a fake one, but it's pretty obvious it's fake.
View Quote
Just because somthing is painted doesn't mean it's fake
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Because dude would never use fake anything on his rifles. That simple.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Haha nah
View All Quotes

Haha nah
Lol I'll gladly take that "fake"
Those that know, know
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:56:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Are there any mk18 mod 1 DD uppers issued using their barrel and upper or were they built on colt using the DD rail only?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Just a heads up,  AU has them currently.

LINK

Eta: I see I'm late.
View Quote
I picked one up this morning as soon as I got the email from AU.

I sold off my CQBR Block II Upper awhile back to upgrade to a 11.5” KAC SR15 Mod 2, and I’ve started missing my old clone.

Think this one is going to be a Block I or PR. Early GWOT best GWOT.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Larain60:
Are there any mk18 mod 1 DD uppers issued using their barrel and upper or were they built on colt using the DD rail only?

Thanks.
View Quote
I have seen only Colt or FN barrels on MARSOC, SEAL, AFSOC and USASOC guns.  Majority being Colt.  Have never seen a DD marked upper either.  DD was supposed to get a contract for 14.5" mid length gas for the USASOC URGI.  Those haven't been fielded yet.  So, we'll see if that ever happens.

CD
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I have seen only Colt or FN barrels on MARSOC, SEAL, AFSOC and USASOC guns.  Majority being Colt.  Have never seen a DD marked upper either.  DD was supposed to get a contract for 14.5" mid length gas for the USASOC URGI.  Those haven't been fielded yet.  So, we'll see if that ever happens.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Larain60:

Thanks.

CD
I heard there was a hold up at CRANE on the URG-I's due to Mk12 GB clearance. (Or lack thereof)

Unsure if truth, but matches the delay.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#18]

LINK

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WSAR15:
Is a SP64049 Colt 10.3 CQB 5.56 Barrel @ $299.00 (G&R Tactical) expensive?
http://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-103-CQB-556-Barrel_p_325.html

LINK

Glad I got mine.  I am amassing the last of my parts.  Need to pick up a Wilcox mount, and the LMT rear fixed
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I heard there was a hold up at CRANE on the URG-I's due to Mk12 GB clearance. (Or lack thereof)

View Quote
Correct and supposed to be fielded this summer.  Wait and see.

CD
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#20]

CD
View All Quotes

CD
Nothing ever happens fast in the US Army.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Who does everyone recommend to do the assembly on the DD rail and dimple the barrel and install the gas block?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Combat_Diver, What Brand Low Profile Gasblock are being used on the 10.3 SOCOM Barrels for fit under the MK18 RIS II rails?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#23]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Combat_Diver, What Brand Low Profile Gasblock are being used on the 10.3 SOCOM Barrels for fit under the MK18 RIS II rails?
View Quote
Only supplier I've seen since 14' - Coronet Machinery Corp.  These are used on the Mk12 series, Mk18 Mod 1 and URGs both 10.3" and 14.5".  There seems to be about half dozen other suppliers proving this commercially to spec ie DD.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Moved the 3x Carl G scope to another project that isn't quite ready yet but deals with a FN 20" BBL.  Moved the T1 ECOS from Mk18 Mod 0 to the URG.  On the Mk18 Mod 0 added a carrying handle since its just irons now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:58:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#26]
Originally Posted By LRB45:
Who does everyone recommend to do the assembly on the DD rail and dimple the barrel and install the gas block?

Thanks
View Quote
Disregard, misread the question.  I do my own however.

CD
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Nothing ever happens fast in the US Army.
View Quote
Except NJP.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

For the TD stubby, does it matter if its QD or not?
View Quote
Non-QD TD is by far the tightest VFG I've ever used for the RIS II.  If I forget to lube the rails and need to adjust, or take it off for whatever reason, the thing practically needs a mallet to slide at all.  And that's with the clips to hold down the leaf springs.  Probably 10x the pain in the ass to adjust it if you don't have both of those clips on you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By daojag:

Non-QD TD is by far the tightest VFG I've ever used for the RIS II.  If I forget to lube the rails and need to adjust, or take it off for whatever reason, the thing practically needs a mallet to slide at all.  And that's with the clips to hold down the leaf springs.  Probably 10x the pain in the ass to adjust it if you don't have both of those clips on you.
View Quote
I had the non quick detach - it's murder to adjust.  If you set and forget it's for you, if not... avoid. really.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FilthyCasual:

I had the non quick detach - it's murder to adjust.  If you set and forget it's for you, if not... avoid. really.
View Quote
Looks like QD is the better option.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone got a pic of their block II with a B5 grip stop or BCM shorty?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#33]
Moved the 3x Carl G scope to another project that isn't quite ready yet but deals with a FN 20" BBL.  Moved the T1 ECOS from Mk18 Mod 0 to the URG.  On the Mk18 Mod 0 added a carrying handle since its just irons now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7311_jpg-934982.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7312_jpg-934983.JPG

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver That's The first time I've seen ECOS used with T1. What does that mean, it how is it different than a standard T1? I own a TA31 ECOS so I'm curious. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Anyone got a pic of their block II with a B5 grip stop or BCM shorty?
View Quote
I have one for sale if your on the hunt, bought an extra and do not need it

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

@Combat_Diver That's The first time I've seen ECOS used with T1. What does that mean, it how is it different than a standard T1? I own a TA31 ECOS so I'm curious. Thanks.
View Quote
SOCOM issues the T1 Enhanced Combat Optical Sight-Optimizied to be mounted along side a rifle scope for close quarters.  Comes with offset mount.  I just use a riser on the AR.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:00:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#37]

View Quote
Yep mentioned a few times above, saves a bit over the other site mentioned (that used to be known as "shall not be named" lol.)  AU has a shady rep though and I prefer not to spend any money there unless absolutely necessary.  They are right up there with Botach imo.

I wasn't looking for one personally, but was referring to the guy who always seems to buy one when they are available, waits a few weeks, and then lists it in the EE fro $700 looking for a desperate sucker.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Yep mentioned a few times above, saves a bit over the other site mentioned (that used to be known as "shall not be named" lol.)  AU has a shady rep though and I prefer not to spend any money there unless absolutely necessary.  They are right up there with Botach imo.

I wasn't looking for one personally, but was referring to the guy who always seems to buy one when they are available, waits a few weeks, and then lists it in the EE fro $700 looking for a desperate sucker.
View Quote
I agree, had a bad experience at AU.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I think as long as you know what you're getting yourself into, it's ok to buy from them.

I've spent a few grand with them, buying a Surefire light, SOCOM RC, and a Colt SOCOM barrel.

Essentially, you're getting one of the better deals for their items, but don't expect to receive them quickly. All of mine took several days to process, and then a week or so to ship.

I would do business with them again because I'm patient, but don't expect to receive your items quickly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

I think as long as you know what you're getting yourself into, it's ok to buy from them.

I've spent a few grand with them, buying a Surefire light, SOCOM RC, and a Colt SOCOM barrel.

Essentially, you're getting one of the better deals for their items, but don't expect to receive them quickly. All of mine took several days to process, and then a week or so to ship.

I would do business with them again because I'm patient, but don't expect to receive your items quickly.
View Quote
This has been my experience also, slow, but you’ll get it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#41]

SOCOM issues the T1 Enhanced Combat Optical Sight-Optimizied to be mounted along side a rifle scope for close quarters.  Comes with offset mount.  I just use a riser on the AR.

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/instructionsaimpointecos-osightmicrot-1mount-opticstrade-141219025021-conversion-gate02/95/instructions-aimpoint-ecoso-sight-micro-t1-mount-optics-trade-1-638.jpg?cb=1418957472
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5848_jpg-936046.JPG

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Did a lil pew-pewpy-doo the other day :D.

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#43]
so what's the deal with the pair of EXPS 3-0 in the EE for like $1000... is there something special about it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#44]
steel case... YUK
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:58:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
so what's the deal with the pair of EXPS 3-0 in the EE for like $1000... is there something special about it.
View Quote
Nothing special at all. The guy selling them had a previous ad selling two used EXPS3s and a tano G33. Not realizing what it was worth, he had the G33 listed for $375; I take it people messaged him offers in excess of $1k. Seemingly, that led him to the conclusion he'd also underpriced his EXPS3s. A little while later, we have an ad with two of them for $1,000+, lol. Guess he hasn't realized his mistake yet.

Originally Posted By BSOG1:
steel case... YUK
View Quote
Absolutely... it's horrible. Every time I shoot 10k of it and it saves $700-$1000, I think, "Damn you steel case! Stop saving me money and letting me shoot more for less!"

Ugh, I hate it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#47]
View Quote
Nice.
1.5-6x elcans?

Didnt realize 556 rifles could be issued with that option.
Eta: Just saw your response in another thread.
7.62 substitutes until you get replacements.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Nice.
1.5-6x elcans?

Didnt realize 556 rifles could be issued with that option.
Eta: Just saw your response in another thread.
7.62 substitutes until you get replacements.
View Quote
What good is a BDC if the ballistics do to different loads, ie M855A1 and Mk262 out of either 14.5" or 10.3" barrel when the BDC was calibrated for M855 out of a 20"?  Whatever you have, hit the range and know your drops.

CD
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: byou79] [#49]

View Quote
It's pretty simple to tell a fake, however you can't go by color anymore.  Just look at the font of the "eotech" on the rubber.  If the letters are thin and spaced out, it's a fake.

If spooled=spoolindawg on IG, his shit is impressive and it's likely not a fake.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:26:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#50]
Havent shown this beauty in a minute...
Edti to add I am the 60,000 reply to this thread

Page / 1572
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1200 of 1572)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top