User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1202 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I mean, I suppose nothing says you have to time the notch to BDC even with a suppressor. However, without shims, things are going to be very tight between the RIS II and MD with a 10.3". Without any shims at all, I think your suppressor collar might actually hit the front of the RIS II when fully open - it'd be extremely tight in any case. Looking at mine, I don't think it'd clear without the shims. I'd at the very least use the beveled shim to give a bit more clearance.

See my post in the other thread you created... no reason to not just time it properly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Anyone know the weight on the andro .070 barrel and the weight on a socom cut down to 10.3? Looking for a new barrel and I have one of those weird Colt SOCOM P&W barrels and nothing to do with it....
View Quote
@vanquishings

I have a 10.3” Colt SOCOM (original 10.3” not a cut down) in my safe at home. Send me a PM to remind me to weigh it and I’ll let you know tonight. I’ll forget otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Scrappin my "urgi" build and hoppin on the cqbr train finally.

@2keylows
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

https://i.ibb.co/p3x9RKv/618-DDE49-2-D5-F-4-D47-9-FD8-5-E31-DC3-CC786.jpg

@2keylows
View Quote
Smart man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]

@2keylows
View Quote
Nice bro, glad it got there safe.
Hope you enjoyed the box art, that was a long line in there lol.

Now go buy a peq15
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]

@2keylows
View Quote
I would be drinking high class white trash draft PBR too if I dropped that kind of coin on the RIS II, damn shit's expensive! Curious to why you are scrapping the URGI Build, and hopping on the CQBR train?

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]

@2keylows
View Quote
I did the same and honestly it was a great decision. I'm loving my Block II CQBR!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]

@2keylows
View Quote
Good move.

I just think of the whole URGI fiasco as an Unintentionally Revealing Geissele Implosion ;D.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Nice bro, glad it got there safe.
Hope you enjoyed the box art, that was a long line in there lol.

Now go buy a peq15
View Quote
My wife saw the art and asked me about it. I told her you probably got bored

About all I need now is to chop up my colt barrel and efile a form 1. Peq15 would be nice

Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

I would be drinking high class white trash draft PBR too if I dropped that kind of coin on the RIS II, damn shit's expensive! Curious to why you are scrapping the URGI Build, and hopping on the CQBR train?

View Quote
Hipster IPA

As for why I'm ditching the urgi... The poster above me knows.  Maybe my thoughts will change down the road... But these rails are pretty solid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Good move.

I just think of the whole URGI fiasco as an Unintentionally Revealing Geissele Implosion ;D.
View Quote
Me too. I don't think I'd buy another G rail anymore.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Family pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking group you have there sir
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody have a link to the thread about the
URGI -Geissele fiasco?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FastCar:
Anybody have a link to the thread about the
URGI -Geissele fiasco?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/

CD
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
There was another thread in the Geissele Industry forum, but Bill and Co deleted it. There's also a thread in the Larue Industry forum with some tidbits (if you can get past Mark Larue tooting his own horn every other post, lol).

G has been actively blocking or banning people asking about the URGI problems on social media and during live feeds as well. I was going to try and summarize all the shenanigans, but quickly realized I'd need to write half a fucking novel to cover all the greasy bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#16]
ETA I'm just going to remove this
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
A lot of shit wasn't even publicly posted in any of this three threads, I will never spend another dime with that company.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
There was another thread in the Geissele Industry forum, but Bill and Co deleted it. There's also a thread in the Larue Industry forum with some tidbits (if you can get past Mark Larue tooting his own horn every other post, lol).

G has been actively blocking or banning people asking about the URGI problems on social media and during live feeds as well. I was going to try and summarize all the shenanigans, but quickly realized I'd need to write half a fucking novel to cover all the greasy bullshit.
A lot of shit wasn't even publicly posted in any of this three threads, I will never spend another dime with that company.
Unfortunately, I do still like the S3G and I'd buy that, but I can't stand Geissele as a company. If I knew of a similar design elsewhere (simple, non-adjustable, light rolling break or single stage break, short reset, full power hammer spring and not a drop in), I wouldn't buy anything from Geissele again. Maybe I'll just buy any future S3Gs from the EE :\.

I used to have a hat or two with Geissele patches... I went and ordered some KAC patches to replace them, lol. Not gonna advertise for them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Unfortunately, I do still like the S3G and I'd buy that, but I can't stand Geissele as a company. If I knew of a similar design elsewhere (simple, non-adjustable, light rolling break or single stage break, short reset, full power hammer spring and not a drop in), I wouldn't buy anything from Geissele again. Maybe I'll just buy any future S3Gs from the EE :\.

I used to have a hat or two with Geissele patches... I went and ordered some KAC patches to replace them, lol. Not gonna advertise for them.
View All Quotes

I'm hearing the LaRue MBT is pretty kickass (and possibly just as good as G- for way cheaper.)
But that doesn't much help you for clones. I've always used standard Colt triggers on these guns as I never really felt I needed a precise trigger. Maybe for the 14.5 block 2 with good glass.

I'm thinking about snagging a KAC trigger for my SR15 build, especially now that I have a Nightforce 2.5-10×32 on it.

That one, ima need me some precision trigger.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm hearing the LaRue MBT is pretty kickass (and possibly just as good as G- for way cheaper.)
But that doesn't much help you for clones. I've always used standard Colt triggers on these guns as I never really felt I needed a precise trigger. Maybe for the 14.5 block 2 with good glass.

I'm thinking about snagging a KAC trigger for my SR15 build, especially now that I have a Nightforce 2.5-10×32 on it.

View Quote
I'm running Larue triggers in mine, clones be damned.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up a DSLR last night; a Canon T7i :D.

Not anything super fancy, but it beats the hell out of my decade old 10MP Canon Powershit. So far I've got the 18-55mm IS STM kit lens and a 50mm prime lens for it. I think I'll eventually get a 100mm macro lens and maybe a wide angle. I'm used to the 6.4-38.4mm lens on the PS, so switching to a 18-55mm should be pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View All Quotes

Another smart man.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Another smart man.
View All Quotes

Another smart man.
I run a Larue in my block1, and the standard colt in my block 2.  Actually my block 2's standard trigger has become pretty nice.  Larues are 90-95% as good of a feel as G.  But ALOT cheaper...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
MBT is damn good kit. My  only complaint is the shape of the trigger bow. It's fuckey if you are especially used to a std milspec trigger.
View All Quotes

MBT is damn good kit. My  only complaint is the shape of the trigger bow. It's fuckey if you are especially used to a std milspec trigger.
Another pro for the MBT (besides being 1/3rd the price) is its machined from tool steel. And not cast like Geissele triggers
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Std Colt FCG is investment cast as well.

Eta: not swinging for G, just pointing it out.  
View All Quotes

Another pro for the MBT (besides being 1/3rd the price) is its machined from tool steel. And not cast like Geissele triggers
Std Colt FCG is investment cast as well.

Eta: not swinging for G, just pointing it out.  
Maybe so, but a Colt trigger isn't $300
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#28]
ETA I've gone off on a tangent. Stop it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#30]
IIRC there was some talk of this coming out. Looks like it's finally out unless I'm late...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#31]
There alright.
Nothing beats a properly roll marked Colt.

Good for beater clones
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

I run a Larue in my block1, and the standard colt in my block 2.  Actually my block 2's standard trigger has become pretty nice.  Larues are 90-95% as good of a feel as G.  But ALOT cheaper...
View Quote
My colt trigger is the best milspec trigger I've shot, even before and after being broken in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:25:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#33]
Originally Posted By Puppuccino:
IIRC there was some talk of this coming out. Looks like it's finally out unless I'm late...
View Quote
Hmm, i'll pick up a couple just to stick in the safe, just as clean lowers with minimal markings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Me too. I don't think I'd buy another G rail anymore.
View Quote
Meh. Half of the firearms industry and most of the defense industry has egotistical douchebags or questionable ethics at the top. I wouldn't be able to own half the shit I did if I died on every hill built up by a company putting their foot in their mouth over something retarded.

L3/EOTech, DD, LaRue, Smith Enterprises, A.R.MS., Troy, Geissele, etc etc...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Meh. Half of the firearms industry and most of the defense industry has egotistical douchebags or questionable ethics at the top. I wouldn't be able to own half the shit I did if I died on every hill built up by a company putting their foot in their mouth over something retarded.

L3/EOTech, DD, LaRue, Smith Enterprises, A.R.MS., Troy, Geissele, etc etc...
View Quote
Yea good point. I mean DD has far from a clean record, yet here we are
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
There alright.
Nothing beats a properly roll marked Colt.
https://i.imgur.com/5rKSkFD.jpg

Good for beater clones
View Quote
They definitely could've come out a little better. For one, they should've stuck to my original proof of concept graphic :\. Of course, they'll always be limited by the laser engraving vs. roll marking.

I got three as well, but they're still "processing." I'll stamp one of them and put it on my Mod 0/Block 1 - throw a Colt LPK and a spare S3G in it, slap on some paint and it'll look fine. The other two are just spares.

I still prefer my Colt M4 Carbine marked lowers; but, getting another one at a decent price would've been a pain, and I'm too tight to spend the cash for a Govt Property Colt lower. Should've gotten a few more of the Brownells lowers when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#37]

They definitely could've come out a little better. For one, they should've stuck to my original proof of concept graphic :\. Of course, they'll always be limited by the laser engraving vs. roll marking.

I got three as well, but they're still "processing." I'll stamp one of them and put it on my Mod 0/Block 1 - throw a Colt LPK and a spare S3G in it, slap on some paint and it'll look fine. The other two are just spares.

I still prefer my Colt M4 Carbine marked lowers; but, getting another one at a decent price would've been a pain, and I'm too tight to spend the cash for a Govt Property Colt lower. Should've gotten a few more of the Brownells lowers when I had the chance.
View Quote
Agreed man. Only so much you can do when laser engraving.
Rattle fixes anything.

I literally did the same thing. My older Colt lowers Fcg's went in the Poverty Property lowers.
At least they'll be functional until I swap out with better triggers down the line.

I remember those Brownells lowers too... I was mad when they were at $250 lol.
Man time flys.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]

There's the understatement of the year that I've muttered no less than 10 times.  
View Quote
Everyone that bought one at the time feels the same way. I ended up with 4, and I still regret not buying more of them.

Because one is none.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#41]
There's the understatement of the year that I've muttered no less than 10 times.  
View All Quotes

Should've gotten a few more of the Brownells lowers when I had the chance.
Hell, more than that, I wish I'd bought at least one more of the 6920 OEM2s from AU when they were $605. Depending on how you want to look at it, I got the lower for free basically on that deal, lol.

Let's put it this way... Colt upper, lower and BCG for $245...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Last 2 that I got near the end of the LE prefix run were $209 with coupon code. Sum bitch. Those are stashed in the safe for "some day".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Everyone that bought one at the time feels the same way. I ended up with 4, and I still regret not buying more of them.

Because one is none.
Last 2 that I got near the end of the LE prefix run were $209 with coupon code. Sum bitch. Those are stashed in the safe for "some day".
I'll trade ya two of these ultra exclusive, limited edition, Government Property marked M4A1 lowers for one of those... :D

Did I say limited edition and ultra exclusive? Ultra exclusive!
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Now we can't be having any of that.
View Quote
Didn't you see all the ultras?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have a source that may have a good deal on an exps3 for memorial day? Right now B&H has the best price.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have a source that may have a good deal on an exps3 for memorial day? Right now B&H has the best price.
View Quote
Tan EXPS3-0 $520 must add to cart for price https://ar15safespace.com/shop/eotech-exps3-0-65-moa-ring-1-moa-dot/
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1202 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top