AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1374 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
I want to get a Pelican case for the rifle once it's finished.  Does anyone know if there's enough room in a 1700 for an assembled CQBR Block II along with an M4A1 Block II upper?

When we say 10.3" we mean it

https://i.imgur.com/mz9UpDp.jpg
View Quote

Plenty of room

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The Coyote B5s are not correct. Never have been. Tan LMTs were unit purchases.

Y'all need to stop putting random baby shit colored things on your clone because you think it looks better. It doesn't and your taste sucks. Black stock/grip for a B2 has always been and always will be max aesthetic.

If you need more color in your life because you're bored and spend more time staring at your gun than shooting it, rattle can is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Y'all need to stop putting random baby shit colored things on your clone because you think it looks better. It doesn't and your taste sucks. Black stock/grip for a B2 has always been and always will be max aesthetic.

If you need more color in your life because you're bored and spend more time staring at your gun than shooting it, rattle can is the answer you seek.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif

Keep it up and I'll go back to building mine on cerakoted receivers
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Keep it up and I'll go back to building mine on cerakoted receivers
View Quote

Lol please god, don’t do that...
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:31:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#6]

View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Plenty of room

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_2256_jpg-1540228.JPG

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I want to get a Pelican case for the rifle once it's finished.  Does anyone know if there's enough room in a 1700 for an assembled CQBR Block II along with an M4A1 Block II upper?

Plenty of room

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_2256_jpg-1540228.JPG

CD

The Coyote B5s are not correct. Never have been.

Jokes aside, I've been following this thread for at least 3-4 years and I've always seen references to either company's gen 1 stocks being correct, with the black ones going on MK18s and tan or coyote going on the Blocks I & II
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#8]
Jokes aside, I've been following this thread for at least 3-4 years and I've always seen references to either company's gen 1 stocks being correct, with the black ones going on MK18s and tan or coyote going on the Blocks I & II
View Quote

That’s because there’s a bunch of dudes treating this as a queer eye for the straight rifle thread instead of a clone thread.

The only sopmod stock that is “correct” is a black Gen 1 pattern. Both B5 and LMT were suppliers that fulfilled the contract. They’re correct for SOPMOD and the stock didn’t change with Block II.

The tan Gen 1 LMTs are generally accepted because they were unit purchases that show up (although rarely) on ITW photos from GWOT era.

I’m sure there’s a “50 shades of brown shit on your rifle picture and discussion thread” somewhere on this forum, but this ain’t it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]

That’s because there’s a bunch of dudes treating this as a queer eye for the straight rifle thread instead of a clone thread.

The only sopmod stock that is “correct” is a black Gen 1 pattern. Both B5 and LMT were suppliers that fulfilled the contract. They’re correct for SOPMOD and the stock didn’t change with Block II.

The tan Gen 1 LMTs are generally accepted because they were unit purchases that show up (although rarely) on ITW photos from GWOT era.

I’m sure there’s a “50 shades of brown shit on your rifle picture and discussion thread” somewhere on this forum, but this ain’t it.
View Quote

@tinycrumb please add 10.3,4,5 to the title.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#10]
Oh, boy. Poopstocks replace gas ports as the latest in clone drama heats up? Answers at 5.

Personally not a big fan of poop A2 grips and poopstocks... but there has always been some flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice. If the forbidden flavor of the poopy calls to you, go for it. I don't give a fuck, there are worse things.

ETA: Pasta Sempa knows all about the forbidden taste of the poo poo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Can I get a #POOPMOD Pelican case instead of tan
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#13]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

@tinycrumb please add 10.3,4,5 to the title.
View Quote

Keep the poors out. Only 10.3 and 10.4. None of that "bUt LMT pOSsiBly SuPpliED uPpERS" poor person talk.

edit: we've reached new levels of petty. I love it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

Keep the poors out. Only 10.3 and 10.4. None of that "bUt LMT pOSsiBly SuPpliED uPpERS" poor person talk.

edit: we've reached new levels of petty. I love it.
View Quote

That was the joke
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#16]

That was the joke
View Quote
I see what you did there... I prefer "Mk18 URGI 10.5 or 11.5? We don't really know!?!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#17]
One of my fav photos. Gotta love the Corps using that shitty rmr. Can anyone confirm if that's a scalar works mount? It's hard to tell, but I feel like I can see through the mount.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
One of my fav photos. Gotta live the Corps using that shitty rmr. Can anyone confirm if that's a scalar works mount? It's hard to tell, but I feel like I can see through the mount.
View Quote

Looks like an SLR Mount to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Looks like an SLR Mount to me.
View Quote
Yeah, you're definitely right on that one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I approve of this thread title change, LOL

Poop stocks are exactly that - poop. they are too tight on the tube, and they look like... well poop.

I'm glad we are laying the hammer down on getting the poop out of this thread.

it's LMT or bust!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Poop stocks are exactly that - poop. they are too tight on the tube, and they look like... well poop.

it's LMT or bust!
View Quote

I ran a B5 Sopmod in black for 5 years overseas on an Colt M4A1 and a Colt Mk18.  No problems with fitment on the stock 4 position tube.  The Coyote B5 I have fits those weapons exactly the same.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

it's LMT or bust!
View Quote

Eh, when it comes to the B5s, I've found the poopers actually fit much better than the black contract B5s. The one pooper I have fits just like my LMTs, but the black B5 I've got is way tight. The finish/quality is better on the pooper as well.

I prefer LMT, but if we're talking purely fit/finish on Gen 1 B5s, the pooper is better IME.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
For give me clone god for I have sinned. I have a b5 gen 1 poop stock... AND A B5 CAR
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

We've already said b5 gen 1 black is kosher...
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#27]

I cant tell anymore
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#28]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Eh, when it comes to the B5s, I've found the poopers actually fit much better than the black contract B5s. The one pooper I have fits just like my LMTs, but the black B5 I've got is way tight. The finish/quality is better on the pooper as well.

I prefer LMT, but if we're talking purely fit/finish on Gen 1 B5s, the pooper is better IME.
View Quote

I agree. I’ve had 2 black b5 G1 contract stocks and they both were super tight. I even shaved one down and it’s still on the snug side.

So wait. Gen 2 lmt taupe isn’t correct? Well fuck
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#30]
All this f'ing around and the BLACK B5 Gen 1's are now out of stock again at Primary Arms.  

They still have Coyote Brown in stock...
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#32]
I love tiny and the title change
And at least they switched the conversation up in here, i remember when it was endless talk of suppressor baffles for a month or so.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Dumb question, but is the shoulder in the same spot and the only difference the length of the threaded portion?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#34]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Dumb question, but is the shoulder in the same spot and the only difference the length of the threaded portion?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Nope, neither the overall length nor shoulder on the "dead-on, balls-accurate" ACI barrel were correct.

If I remember tonight I'll take a similar picture with the DD barrel I'm using instead.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Is my LMT okay?

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
I love tiny and the title change
And at least they switched the conversation up in here, i remember when it was endless talk of suppressor baffles for a month or so.
https://i.postimg.cc/LsdkDRr1/0-F3-F5-B63-6-B90-49-C4-8-C6-C-BD4-C415-A1598.jpg
View Quote

Whats wrong with talking about suppressor baffles
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#37]
You get a shit color stock, you get a shit color stock!

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Nevermind the #POOPMOD, peep that Raptor charging handle
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Ahhh yeah, when those shitty things hit peak popularity.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#40]
View Quote

Of course. Tan LMTs have been seen ITW on some of the earliest Block II. They were unit purchases and IIRC they've only been seen on Army guns. I don't recall seeing any on Navy or Raider ones.

ETA: They're also relatively rare and used to command a premium price, not sure if that's still the case. I remember selling on back in the day for $450.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/4AD2B200-0DFD-4BF3-B584-4C273277BC44_jpe-1540717.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/4AD2B200-0DFD-4BF3-B584-4C273277BC44_jpe-1540717.JPG

I really love my Raptor, so this was a tough pill to swallow

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#42]

Of course. Tan LMTs have been seen ITW on some of the earliest Block II. They were unit purchases and IIRC they've only been seen on Army guns. I don't recall seeing any on Navy or Raider ones.

ETA: They're also relatively rare and used to command a premium price, not sure if that's still the case. I remember selling on back in the day for $450.
View Quote
They have been seen in use w/ MARSOC
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, boy. Poopstocks replace gas ports as the latest in clone drama heats up? Answers at 5.

Personally not a big fan of poop A2 grips and poopstocks... but there has always been some flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice. If the forbidden flavor of the poopy calls to you, go for it. I don't give a fuck, there are worse things.
View Quote

It's not drama, it's just people treating this as a dress up doll thread instead of a clone thread.

There's flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice because it's fairly common to see ITW rifles where an operator has swapped out his issued shit for something that he finds more comfortable.

The hypothetical problem with shit colored B5 stocks and A2 grips is that, (this will blow your mind), they work just like the black ones. So the theory is that Joe Operator loved his stock and grip but just couldn't stand the color so went out and spent his hard earned deployment pay on swapping out the color. I'm sure it's happened once or twice but we haven't seen evidence that it's a common thing … and for pretty obvious reasons.

The gist of it is that it's the same type of attitude of "inspired". "My personal taste is so much better than issued kit so I'm going to dump it in the clone thread and look for validation." That's not really what the point of this thread is. If someone wants to go start a thread called "My personal take on making govt. issued rifles look better" then by all means…
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#44]
They have been seen in use w/ MARSOC
View Quote

Pics? Buddy of mine asked if they had a few years ago and I failed to find him an example.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#45]

Pics? Buddy of mine asked if they had a few years ago and I failed to find him an example.
View Quote

Also since we are talking about SOPMODs, heres a gen2 w/ MARSOC that was probably an individual purchase since there is also a gen 1 in the case.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#46]

It's not drama, it's just people treating this as a dress up doll thread instead of a clone thread.

There's flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice because it's fairly common to see ITW rifles where an operator has swapped out his issued shit for something that he finds more comfortable.

The hypothetical problem with shit colored B5 stocks and A2 grips is that, (this will blow your mind), they work just like the black ones. So the theory is that Joe Operator loved his stock and grip but just couldn't stand the color so went out and spent his hard earned deployment pay on swapping out the color. I'm sure it's happened once or twice but we haven't seen evidence that it's a common thing … and for pretty obvious reasons.

The gist of it is that it's the same type of attitude of "inspired". "My personal taste is so much better than issued kit so I'm going to dump it in the clone thread and look for validation." That's not really what the point of this thread is. If someone wants to go start a thread called "My personal take on making govt. issued rifles look better" then by all means…
View All Quotes

You got me on the taupe A2 but I legitimately thought all the Gen 1 SOPMODs variants were kosher.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]

You got me on the taupe A2 but I legitimately thought all the Gen 1 SOPMODs variants were kosher.
View Quote
Just hasn't been any proof of a b5 gen 1 coyote in the wild and people are just going off of them being sold as contract overruns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/2vKwaM5.jpg
View Quote

Something funny with that stock. It's clearly rattle canned at some point. The body of it looks like it could be tan where the rattle can is wearing off. But the butt pad is clearly black. Also looks like it might be a Gen 2.

If that's the only single piece of evidence we have I'd still side on them not being bought by marsoc.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Something funny with that stock. It's clearly rattle canned at some point. The body of it looks like it could be tan where the rattle can is wearing off. But the butt pad is clearly black. Also looks like it might be a Gen 2.

If that's the only single piece of evidence we have I'd still side on them not being bought by marsoc.
View Quote
Definitely rattle canned but also definitely a Gen 1. It does have a black butt pad but that could be chalked up to losing the original and then getting it replaced by a black one. I'm 95% sure that it is a tan stock. However, I will raise you... look right above the 203 gunner.

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Definitely rattle canned but also definitely a Gen 1. It does have a black butt pad but that could be chalked up to losing the original and then getting it replaced by a black one. I'm 95% sure that it is a tan stock. However, I will raise you... look right above the 203 gunner.

https://i.imgur.com/5ZKOrIn.jpg
View Quote

That looks rattle canned to me as well. Looks like it’s wearing off on the top. I dunno tho, could be…
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1374 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top