User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1375 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not even in the clone game anymore but I'm at a point That after years and years of this shit where I say fuck it, issued kit is all I care about.

fuck whatever itw shit pops up, if that's how it is NCSTAR shit is correct.

n1 stock is the best stock anyway, fight me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

That looks rattle canned to me as well. Looks like it's wearing off on the top. I dunno tho, could be
View Quote

Just joshing, but thats all I got for MARSOC w/o spending to much time looking through my photos...

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE (of not army)

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
How hard is it to ship stocks overseas? I'm half-tempted to send my cousin a #POOPMOD and ask for a picture of it on his rifle
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]

for shits and giggles here's my gen 1 b5, only took 6 hours of sanding the inside to get it to fit.

bought it back in like 2014 or something
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:58:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#5]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
How hard is it to ship stocks overseas? I'm half-tempted to send my cousin a #POOPMOD and ask for a picture of it on his rifle
View Quote
Not hard at all. Just like shipping anything else. Had my raptorsd mailed to me on my last deployment and I was in the middle of the ocean.

For what it's worth both my gen 1 B5s fit perfect on my extensions. Don't notice the difference between them and my LMT. Mine were from the first batch of over runs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
How long until we can change it back, this thread title is really messing with me
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
https://i.ibb.co/txfz0wG/75-D35-A30-21-B3-40-BD-A634-723-BC2-DA5435.jpg

for shits and giggles here's my gen 1 b5, only took 6 hours of sanding the inside to get it to fit.

bought it back in like 2014 or something
View Quote

No kidding. I gave up after about an hour and settled with the “snug fit”. Have to use some force to slide it on the tube.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I bought my CTR stock from amazon and it shipped to my COB out in the middle of fucking nowhere Afghanistan. Took awhile to get there though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Go for it. Nobody cares.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://i.imgur.com/kvOfKyR.jpg
View Quote

Hah! Totally forgot about that one. So dope.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#11]
This proves that the 14.5” Block II upper is superior as are it’s owners/users.

SBR’d of course.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
At day 45 I chewed there ass and they got it going. After that it is a 2 month build window.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
How long until we can change it back, this thread title is really messing with me
View Quote

Lol same here.

I was wondering why the hell I would sub to a title like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually like it when people make small changes to their MK18. It'd be pretty lame to have 1500 pages of the exact same thing. As long as it has a 10.3 barrel, RIS II, and KAC/RC can, I say it's fair game. Those are the only critical aspects, IMO. I also like to see MK18s with various optics.

Yes, I realize this is a clone thread, but I don't think the thread goes to shit bc, "OMG you don't have a sticker on the magwell!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:
I actually like it when people make small changes to their MK18. It'd be pretty lame to have 1500 pages of the exact same thing. As long as it has a 10.3 barrel, RIS II, and KAC/RC can, I say it's fair game. Those are the only critical aspects, IMO. I also like to see MK18s with various optics.

Yes, I realize this is a clone thread, but I don't think the thread goes to shit bc, "OMG you don't have a sticker on the magwell!"
View Quote

Not all issued rifles have a sticker on their magwell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I'm OK with them all looking alike. Are you saying billet receivers are OK? WARCOMPS? Triple Taps?

Taupe A2s are pretty dumb to put on a clone. If you aren't going to use a black A2, use a Magpul or something.

As far as the tan Gen 1 B5, that's an acceptable substitute for
a tan Gen LMT IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#17]

Nope, neither the overall length nor shoulder on the "dead-on, balls-accurate" ACI barrel were correct.

If I remember tonight I'll take a similar picture with the DD barrel I'm using instead.
View Quote

Stupid question but is that the "standard" 10.3 or the "Crane Spec" 10.3 Andro? A buddy asked what his options were. Don't want to steer him wrong.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Everyone's got different opinions and how detailed they want to be when cloning which is really cool. Me I like the "in the wild" more and I go at it looking at like "if I was issued this how would I set it up without my COC getting on me" . some people say only "as issued" but both party's need to get on the "I have a RIs II so it's a mk18" crowd. Just my worthless opinion on it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#19]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

Stupid question but is that the "standard" 10.3 or the "Crane Spec" 10.3 Andro? A buddy asked what his options were. Don't want to steer him wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

Nope, neither the overall length nor shoulder on the "dead-on, balls-accurate" ACI barrel were correct.

If I remember tonight I'll take a similar picture with the DD barrel I'm using instead.

Nope, Crane Spec.

ACI Crane Spec left, DD right
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://i.imgur.com/faGvWGB.jpg
Just joshing, but thats all I got for MARSOC w/o spending to much time looking through my photos...

https://i.imgur.com/kvOfKyR.jpg
View Quote
What's the story on this picture?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Nope, Crane Spec.

ACI Crane Spec left, DD right
View Quote

Well shit. I figured ACI was a safe bet since they're made by BA. Now I wonder if BA's 10.3 is also out-of-spec...
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I see this topic is unfolding exactly like the M4 thread did when the legitimacy of poop stocks was called into question.

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait.........is this a poop thread now?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#24]
Baby poop stock thread?!
Im sure I missed something.
Black or LMT FDE or GTFO.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
I see this topic is unfolding exactly like the M4 thread did when the legitimacy of poop stocks was called into question.

https://i.imgur.com/n3udUZY.jpg
View Quote

That is 100% a tan stock.

I don't think anyone's called the legitimacy into question, it's more that everyone knows they aren't but still does it anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
Baby poop stock thread?!
Im sure I missed something.
Black or LMT FDE or GTFO.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif
View Quote

There's hope for us yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:

https://i.imgur.com/n3udUZY.jpg
View Quote

that's a lmt stock though

the black latch hardware is the classic tell

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know the CRANE spec buffer and spring for suppressed? Colt H2?

I know this has been addressed somewhere in here, but I'd prefer not to go back through this thread to try and find it. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#30]

And wait for it...

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#31]
1st
    I’d like to say think you to every person that’s contributed to this forum.  You guys have done a phenomenal job recording a part of history that often gets overlooked, and thank you for your inspiration and knowledge.

2nd
   As of 10082020 how has the mk18 mod 0 &mk18CQBR changed if at any?

Where do we see the platform going in the next decade?

Post pics and give an update just like page 1 & contribute and knowledge.  Also post anything “as seen in the wild as of this year.

Thank you ladies and gents who’ve made this one of the best forums on the inter web super information highway!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
that's a lmt stock though
the black latch hardware is the classic tell
View Quote

I'm aware. Tinycrumb hadn't seen one on a USMC rifle so I posted an example. However, that is my only example. So I would agree with him that it's an exception and not the rule.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#33]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Taupe A2s are pretty dumb to put on a clone. If you aren't going to use a black A2, use a Magpul or something.

View Quote

Disagree, I've replaced several A2 pistol grips with FN Mk16/17 A2 grips.  A2 pistol grip is also same on Mk11, Mk12, M84, M107 and M110 sniper systems.

CD
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:55:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#34]
Does anyone know the CRANE spec buffer and spring for suppressed? Colt H2?

I know this has been addressed somewhere in here, but I'd prefer not to go back through this thread to try and find it. Thank you.
View Quote

Spring, Helical, Compression 5360-01-233-8617 PN 9390022 (standard carbine)
Buffer, Assembly, Recoil       1005-01-522-0772 PN 13004468 (H2)

Source SW370-A8-TRS-10 Rev 03
Technical Repair Standard for Carbine, 5.56mm, M4A1 with Upper Receiver Group (URG)
September 2016

CD
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:02:35 AM EDT
[#35]

It's not drama, it's just people treating this as a dress up doll thread instead of a clone thread.

There's flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice because it's fairly common to see ITW rifles where an operator has swapped out his issued shit for something that he finds more comfortable.

The hypothetical problem with shit colored B5 stocks and A2 grips is that, (this will blow your mind), they work just like the black ones. So the theory is that Joe Operator loved his stock and grip but just couldn't stand the color so went out and spent his hard earned deployment pay on swapping out the color. I'm sure it's happened once or twice but we haven't seen evidence that it's a common thing … and for pretty obvious reasons.

The gist of it is that it's the same type of attitude of "inspired". "My personal taste is so much better than issued kit so I'm going to dump it in the clone thread and look for validation." That's not really what the point of this thread is. If someone wants to go start a thread called "My personal take on making govt. issued rifles look better" then by all means…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:
Oh, boy. Poopstocks replace gas ports as the latest in clone drama heats up? Answers at 5.

Personally not a big fan of poop A2 grips and poopstocks... but there has always been some flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice. If the forbidden flavor of the poopy calls to you, go for it. I don't give a fuck, there are worse things.

It's not drama, it's just people treating this as a dress up doll thread instead of a clone thread.

There's flexibility when it comes to stock/grip choice because it's fairly common to see ITW rifles where an operator has swapped out his issued shit for something that he finds more comfortable.

The hypothetical problem with shit colored B5 stocks and A2 grips is that, (this will blow your mind), they work just like the black ones. So the theory is that Joe Operator loved his stock and grip but just couldn't stand the color so went out and spent his hard earned deployment pay on swapping out the color. I'm sure it's happened once or twice but we haven't seen evidence that it's a common thing … and for pretty obvious reasons.

The gist of it is that it's the same type of attitude of "inspired". "My personal taste is so much better than issued kit so I'm going to dump it in the clone thread and look for validation." That's not really what the point of this thread is. If someone wants to go start a thread called "My personal take on making govt. issued rifles look better" then by all means…

I get it, it's not "as issued" correct, maybe not even ITW correct. Be that as it may, not every cloner has the same goals, preferences, or the same level of interest/commitment.

They run the gamut from purists that aren't happy unless every last part is 100% as issued and correct down to the time period and service branch even down to the unit or a specific gun; somewhere in the middle are those that are satisfied with selecting from a generally accepted list of issued/ITW parts without necessarily being specific to a branch/time period/unit/gun (likely the majority); then some are fine with just being visually correct and so on. It goes from extreme purist out to some nebulous area where it stops being a clone at all. I'm not sure the exact point when it stops being a clone, but to quote Justice Stewart, "I know it when I see it."

We may all have slightly different ideas of where the line is, but I think there is a pretty clear difference between "check out my Mk18 inspired build" where the only correct parts are maybe the receivers and the general barrel length, and an otherwise correct gun with a poopstock. As long the foundation is there and they aren't trying to claim a clearly incorrect part is correct, I don't see it being a terribly big deal. There are guys running SFCTs, SF3Ps, RC2s, or other incorrect cans, and all sorts of other parts that aren't 100% correct. In this case, we're talking about the correct brand, type, and generation stock in the wrong color.

It may not be to everyone's preference or taste, but as far as "clone sins" go, I'd say it's pretty mild.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
I'm not even in the clone game anymore but I'm at a point That after years and years of this shit where I say fuck it, issued kit is all I care about.

fuck whatever itw shit pops up, if that's how it is NCSTAR shit is correct.

n1 stock is the best stock anyway, fight me.
View Quote

Oh, that goes without saying. Tier N1 master race :D.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Picked up a new C stamped BCG on EE last week. It would have been my very last component on the upper other than the Elcan. As luck would have it, looks like USPS has lost the BCG. tracking status never changed from pre-shipment. Anyone else having any issues with USPS lately? Seller took pictures of the package and hes got tons of solid feedback. Apparently he put it in the mailbox instead of taking it to the post office. What a shame, I guess the search continues for the Colt BCG.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Picked up a new C stamped BCG on EE last week. It would have been my very last component on the upper other than the Elcan. As luck would have it, looks like USPS has lost the BCG. tracking status never changed from pre-shipment. Anyone else having any issues with USPS lately? Seller took pictures of the package and hes got tons of solid feedback. Apparently he put it in the mailbox instead of taking it to the post office. What a shame, I guess the search continues for the Colt BCG.
View Quote

USPS is shitshow right now (even more than usual). I've only had1 thing show up on time since the Wuflu hit. I've still got parts from Brownells that have been "transferred to local PO" since the first week of June.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I had a package that went from label created to out for delivery. Nothing in between.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I had a package that went from label created to out for delivery. Nothing in between.
View All Quotes

I just sold a Colt BCG to another member here in the EE, only took 3 days to arrive.

I've got one more left, not selling because it's my last one and is a spare.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Well I hope that'll be the case. I'm so used to using UPS or FedEx lately, I don't have a ton of faith in USPS. I can see that faith is earned honestly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#42]
My favorite is when you get a Shipped notification from the vendor, but then for 4-5 days beyond that, the tracking number only brings up Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item. Like, seriously, how long are you going to sit on the package before you actually ship it?! #brownells
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
My favorite is when you get a Shipped notification from the vendor, but then for 4-5 days beyond that, the tracking number only brings up Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item. Like, seriously, how long are you going to sit on the package before you actually ship it?! #brownells
View Quote

Once they scan it at the post office it should change. If it says label created and nothing more, it hasn't been dropped off. What I do is ask for a receipt, that way I know they scanned all the items.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

Once they scan it at the post office it should change. If it says label created and nothing more, it hasn't been dropped off. What I do is ask for a receipt, that way I know they scanned all the items.
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking with my BCG. Unfortunately the seller prepaid the shipping and then put the package in his mailbox. God knows where the package went from that box to the truck. Apparently he had a couple of other items that went out that day and the tracking is fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
View Quote
I've had that happen and asked them about it.  Reason is that it FIRST goes via a non-name overland carrier to a USPS facility (maybe Montezuma IA to Chicago).  So, technically, yeah - USPS IS still waiting for it.  You won't get status of it insofar as USPS goes until it hits their system.

USPS is currently more hosed than usual, but this seems an anomaly in Brownell's delivery model unless one asks for more expedited shipping.  Montezuma doesn't have a PO?  It can't go up to Albert Lea MN or down to Des Moines and out to the rest of the world from there?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]

assuming he bought the tan g33? is that eotech black? did they issue black eotechs?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:

assuming he bought the tan g33? is that eotech black? did they issue black eotechs?
View All Quotes

Looks like an MAWL, a black EoTech, a Raptor charging handle, and look at that ejection port cover
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Arms mounts are going to wear out swapping around so much.

Reposts, but pics of my favorites.
If you squint really hard you can see Mod0s with Nt4s, Elcan, Acog (Wish I had a higher quality pic of that one)

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Pretty sure that Air Force and they are just weird.

Also pretty sure that's a DD upper.  
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1375 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top