AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 139 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chenault:

Spitfire!! that thing is sweet.  I never get tired of that flash hider.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaston4:
Finally got around to stripping the paint off that Diemaco Mk18 upper I posted a few pages back and converting it into a CQBR. Just picked up a Socom brake in the EE today so that will be going on as well. Currently trying to put the finishing touches on my trust and hopefully get my Form 1 out here soon. I am anxious already!

Dust cover is still being stripped

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8668/16031749872_f9e8a47ab3_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7510/16030480921_f821a532a4_c.jpg

Thanks man! I wish I could keep it on there but I don't see me getting an NT4 anytime soon but maybe I'll keep it in the parts bin just in case.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaston4:
Finally got around to stripping the paint off that Diemaco Mk18 upper I posted a few pages back and converting it into a CQBR. Just picked up a Socom brake in the EE today so that will be going on as well. Currently trying to put the finishing touches on my trust and hopefully get my Form 1 out here soon. I am anxious already!

Dust cover is still being stripped

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8668/16031749872_f9e8a47ab3_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7510/16030480921_f821a532a4_c.jpg

I am going to miss my NT4 hider.  Makes me second guess the AAC

On the plus side, the dealer transfer cleared, and will mail of the form 4 tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my tax stamp back today, now need to find an upper...I was slacking during the pending period.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jr1092:
Got my tax stamp back today, now need to find an upper...I was slacking during the pending period.  
View Quote

See what the price is at DSG this week.  Primary Arms gets them in occasionally as well.

(All to assume you were looking for a complete DD CQBR, of course)
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
I like it.  Expanded metal instead of net?
View Quote

Yessir, I like the bigger pattern of the metal as opposed to the netting
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fundillo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fundillo:
I like it.  Expanded metal instead of net?

Forgive me if I steal the brilliance, should Utah finally convince me to give in to the rattle can

Looks great.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]

See what the price is at DSG this week.  Primary Arms gets them in occasionally as well.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jr1092:

I am looking for a complete DD upper.  Have a Specwar flash hider to add once I get it.  This month has been expensive...Black Friday sales, HK rebates, Form 4s being sent out, scope for MK12, etc.  It may be a couple months for me to justify getting the upper.  I also got my stamp for my block 1 build, just need to send my old upper to ADCO to remove the pinned flash hider and that one is complete.  Having 4 active clone builds going on at once is very pricey.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Almost sold my CQBR upper for an 11.5 a few days ago. Just could not let it go! Velocity is over rated anyways just gotta learn the holds for the elcan on the CQBR.

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/961AB6EB-7A8F-4F26-B748-08BB448DE0DF_zpsxxxvtm3q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/961AB6EB-7A8F-4F26-B748-08BB448DE0DF_zpsxxxvtm3q.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is one excellent setup!

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#9]
Almost sold my CQBR upper for an 11.5 a few days ago. Just could not let it go! Velocity is over rated anyways just gotta learn the holds for the elcan on the CQBR.

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/961AB6EB-7A8F-4F26-B748-08BB448DE0DF_zpsxxxvtm3q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/961AB6EB-7A8F-4F26-B748-08BB448DE0DF_zpsxxxvtm3q.jpg</a>
View Quote

And proper gassing

I would have trouble letting that go too.  It a really nice setup... one of my favorites.  Probably the reason you can't afford both

ETA:  Did you swap out the buffer tube on that lower or did you buy it stripped?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you guys think an authentic PEQ15 FDE is worth?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:36:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#11]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
View Quote

Going rate was around $1800-$2200 before the release of the ATPIAL-C.

Now that the civvy legal version has been released, I wouldn't spend a dime on a full power unit.

Outside of 95% of civilian end users not needing the added features of the full power unit, it'd be stupid to risk that kind of money when it's damn near impossible to determine if the unit is stolen .gov property or not.  Throw on top of that the non-existent warranty on "grey market" versions and you're in for a shit sandwich.

If a PEQ-15 is what you're looking for, go get yourself an ATPIAL-C from TNVC.  Last I checked they were somewhere around $1,300.  Give it a little bit of time and you could probably find a used one in the EE for a little less.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:13:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

Now that the civvy legal version has been released, I wouldn't spend a dime on a full power unit.

Outside of 95% of civilian end users not needing the added features of the full power unit, it'd be stupid to risk that kind of money when it's damn near impossible to determine if the unit is stolen .gov property or not.  Throw on top of that the non-existent warranty on "grey market" versions and you're in for a shit sandwich.

If a PEQ-15 is what you're looking for, go get yourself an ATPIAL-C from TNVC.  Last I checked they were somewhere around $1,300.  Give it a little bit of time and you could probably find a used one in the EE for a little less.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Movistar:

That's the candid info I was looking for. You've done your good deed for the day. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have pics of a T1 in the wild?

I sold my 3x30 acog, sadly. It wasn't clone perfect but it fit the rifle very, very well and made it a laser beam.

Used the funds to buy a T-1 2moa in an ADM mount.

Closer to a clone
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Anyone have pics of a T1 in the wild?

I sold my 3x30 acog, sadly. It wasn't clone perfect but it fit the rifle very, very well and made it a laser beam.

Used the funds to buy a T-1 2moa in an ADM mount.

Closer to a clone
View Quote

There's a picture of one on the first page near the bottom.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:45:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sweatpants] [#15]

Removed - apparently airsofters

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:51:11 AM EDT
[#16]
3rd pics are airsofters
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice catch!

I am swapping out my rear troy iron sight for a matech.

As much as I've heard people not liking them I've never had an issue.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#18]
how can you tell?

Originally Posted By patriot_man:
3rd pics are airsofters
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Nice catch!

I am swapping out my rear troy iron sight for a matech.

As much as I've heard people not liking them I've never had an issue.
View Quote

troy rear sights have been spotted in the wild, so while most don't like them for political reasons, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Can you guys give me the imfo on where to get
Those inventory stickers?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
looks like I will not be getting one either. This is NOT the way to run a successful business.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
E
Originally Posted By thornejc:

And proper gassing

I would have trouble letting that go too.  It a really nice setup... one of my favorites.  Probably the reason you can't afford both

ETA:  Did you swap out the buffer tube on that lower or did you buy it stripped?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thornejc:

And proper gassing

Hahah, true. I could have sold the elcan and got an exps and a nice 11.5 upper! But screw that.

I've got the gassing under control with an adjustable block, gas buster w/ rtv, 22gr 4198 and a 55fmj has very little recoil and the fast powder helps cut down on blow back while still keeping velocity at 2600 fps suppressed.

Yea, it was a factory 6920 for all of 5 minutes before I turned it into a block II, sold that upper and built the CQBR, kinda wish I kept the colt upper, but I really like the old school DD uppers. I swapped the tube out to a 6 position, the 4 one notch out rips my beard hair out and fully collapsed puts my face too close to the elcan. So one notch out on a 6 position is perfect!

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#23]
So I just picked up a MK18 upper from DD for my B-II build. I was kinda puzzled by the rail color more chocolate then Goldish or Bronze then I expected.

I am selling the upper w/GCG & CH. All I wanted was the Barrel & Rail. I just bought a M4A1 to swap the barrel and rail on that.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Trimdad:
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1360886_QR_Code_Stickers_for_Military_Clone_Builds___6_for___5.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By AstraPat:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1360886_QR_Code_Stickers_for_Military_Clone_Builds___6_for___5.html
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Awesome - thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
SU231a up in the EE. It's Elcan time.

...when I can make up the rest of the cash.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The wait for the PEQ and RC are killing me. Just using the fake one to see where I like it. I'm ditching the BUIS.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
The wait for the PEQ and RC are killing me. Just using the fake one to see where I like it. I'm ditching the BUIS.

<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-24.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image-24.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm glad I ditched the buis.

Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#30]
What's wrong with buis all of a sudden?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By smb980:
View Quote

We don't need no stinkin BUIS!

<-----------This guy still has his.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Bunch of blasphemy up in here, tonight.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Nothing but $240 in sights I didn't use a lot freed up some rail space and money for other clone parts.

I like shooting with irons on my Block I. I just noticed I never did on my Block II.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#34]
When the EMP goes off you will all regret it. . . . .

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#35]

View Quote

The Elcan doesn't work with the rear BUIS installed (unless you like having your top row of teeth over the charging handle). There are a ton of real CQBRs out in the wild without them. I'm not planing on getting rid of mine but they are pretty much useless with my current setup.

No rear BUIS pics:

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#36]

The Elcan doesn't work with the rear BUIS installed (unless you like having your top row of teeth over the charging handle). There are a ton of real CQBRs out in the wild without them. I'm not planing on getting rid of mine but they are pretty much useless with my current setup.

No rear BUIS pics:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg/1280px-Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg

View All Quotes

No rear BUIS pics:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg/1280px-Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg

Really?  (To the part in red.)  I have mine setup with the very nose of the Elcan hanging over the edge of the upper receiver (above the rail, but still completely attached to the upper receiver) and I still shoot slightly scooted back from NTCH.

ETA:  I still agree, especially with the Elcan, BUIS aren't really necessary.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
When the EMP goes off you will all regret it. . . . .
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#38]

Really?  (To the part in red.)  I have mine setup with the very nose of the Elcan hanging over the edge of the upper receiver (above the rail, but still completely attached to the upper receiver) and I still shoot slightly scooted back from NTCH.
View All Quotes

No rear BUIS pics:

I'm just sayin' that due to the Elcan's eye relief, you have to move your face way up on the upper receiver if you have a rear BUIS mounted and the Elcan mounted directly in front of the BUIS. When I do what you describe, I see a black tunnel with a smallish sight picture.

Edit:

When I ran my CQBR like the pic below, I saw a black tunnel with a smallish sight picture.

I switched it up to this and it has been smooth sailing ever since.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#39]

No rear BUIS pics:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cd616e6e9b27007c3f2b7901285e7acc28726ff8_r.jpg

https://opticsdealer.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/140515-a-he359-3917rkpg.jpg
View All Quotes

No rear BUIS pics:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cd616e6e9b27007c3f2b7901285e7acc28726ff8_r.jpg

They work just fine. They're back up sights, not primary sights. The idea is if you have an optic on quick release, if it goes down or breaks for whatever reason, you can quickly throw it off and use your irons. This is the same way they're set up with issued ACOGs as well. Has this ever happened in a real world situation? Who knows. But a rifle without sights is a pretty useless tool.

And besides the optic going down, there's other considerations like heavy rain/fog, etc… where having irons available would be helpful.

For those running scopes or ELCANs, the KAC 45 degree offsets seem like a good option. Would let you use them without having to take off the optic. I wonder if in a few years they'll just be standard issue on most M4s since they're already in service on other systems and they're the evolution of the KAC sights that are already issued. They certainly didn't make any sense in the world of FSPs, but now that so many full railed guns are out there, seems like they'd make a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#40]

I'm just sayin' that due to the Elcan's eye relief, you have to move your face way up on the upper receiver if you have a rear BUIS mounted and the Elcan mounted directly in front of the BUIS. When I do what you describe, I see a black tunnel with a smallish sight picture.

Edit:

When I ran my CQBR like the pic below, I saw the black tunnel with a smallish sight picture.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SA8D0u5xcQU/VEcgNVnwLCI/AAAAAAABLUU/AXo_SiXcc98/w2078-h1385-no/DSC_0019.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GF56D6FRE84/VFmpJ4bQQ1I/AAAAAAABLs4/Y9qbUX5xzHc/w2048-h1365-no/DSC_0001.JPG

View All Quotes

No rear BUIS pics:

Edit:

When I ran my CQBR like the pic below, I saw the black tunnel with a smallish sight picture.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SA8D0u5xcQU/VEcgNVnwLCI/AAAAAAABLUU/AXo_SiXcc98/w2078-h1385-no/DSC_0019.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GF56D6FRE84/VFmpJ4bQQ1I/AAAAAAABLs4/Y9qbUX5xzHc/w2048-h1365-no/DSC_0001.JPG

Weird, I actually set up my Elcan with it moved one notch forward as compared to your top picture with BUIS.  Even still, I have my stock two notches out and I still don't shoot NTCH, and I never notice the black ring.  I actually set it up like your bottom picture once and I felt my sight picture actually "shrunk" in a way.  The eyebox also seemed more "finicky" (best word I've got to describe it) with me that close to the scope.  

But hey, if it works well for you, it works!

Maybe I'm spoiled, coming from using TA series 4x ACOGs with shit eye relief.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

They work just fine. They're back up sights, not primary sights. The idea is if you have an optic on quick release, if it goes down or breaks for whatever reason, you can quickly throw it off and use your irons. This is the same way they're set up with issued ACOGs as well. Has this ever happened in a real world situation? Who knows. But a rifle without sights is a pretty useless tool.

And besides the optic going down, there's other considerations like heavy rain/fog, etc… where having irons available would be helpful.

For those running scopes or ELCANs, the KAC 45 degree offsets seem like a good option. Would let you use them without having to take off the optic. I wonder if in a few years they'll just be standard issue on most M4s since they're already in service on other systems and they're the evolution of the KAC sights that are already issued. They certainly didn't make any sense in the world of FSPs, but now that so many full railed guns are out there, seems like they'd make a lot of sense.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

No rear BUIS pics:

I agree with you on offsets, I just didn't want to run my primary optic (which will be reliable 99.9999% of the time) in a position that compromised my sight picture and ergonomics. If the primary optic goes down, there is a MRDS on top with a set of irons offset to that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Weird, I actually set up my Elcan with it moved one notch forward as compared to your top picture with BUIS.  Even still, I have my stock two notches out and I still don't shoot NTCH, and I never notice the black ring.  I actually set it up like your bottom picture once and I felt my sight picture actually "shrunk" in a way.  The eyebox also seemed more "finicky" (best word I've got to describe it) with me that close to the scope.  

But hey, if it works, it works!

View All Quotes

No rear BUIS pics:

Edit:

But hey, if it works, it works!

Yeah, that is weird. I'd love for us to be able to kick the tires on each other's builds to see if perhaps the optics have slightly different eye relief. I'm betting it's just the difference in how our eyes focus though...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, that is weird. I'd love for us to be able to kick the tires on each other's builds to see if perhaps the optics have slightly different eye relief. I'm betting it's just the difference in how our eyes focus though...
View Quote

Yep, it probably has something to do with different eyes.  I have shit eyesight as well, so that could very well be it (I REALLY need to get that LASIK surgery done).  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Who has the Lowest price on Elcan Spector DR1-4X FDE 5.56 NATO ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Surefire socom approved today! Arrived 8/16
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
View Quote

If you're looking for lowest, keep your eye out for a used one in the EE.  One recently just sold for around $1,600.

Other than that, retailers are all relatively similar in their BNIB prices.  I picked mine up from DSG Arms (it really helped that they have an awesome military discount).
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#47]
I have other lighter built rifles I'll use like a Block I if an EMP (lol) strikes rendering a laser, optic, flashlight and NODs useless. No point in having all that weight on a useless rifle.

Just don't use the BUIS, and I am proficient enough to shoot a target close quarters without a sight. Just might not be pretty, and even then if it's close enough I can shoot with a handgun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Well I threw a Syrac adjustable gasblock on it last night, adjusted it to the point were it would lock the bolt back with and without the surefire can.    SOOOOOOOOO good!  

Ejects at 3 o'clock with the can, 4 o'clock with out.  Runs soooo smoothly now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:54:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACP14] [#49]

If you're looking for lowest, keep your eye out for a used one in the EE.  One recently just sold for around $1,600.

Other than that, retailers are all relatively similar in their BNIB prices.  I picked mine up from DSG Arms (it really helped that they have an awesome military discount).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:

This....I went to DSG to check today, though, and they're out of stock. ($1805)

I'll wait for them.  DSG is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:
Well I threw a Syrac adjustable gasblock on it last night, adjusted it to the point were it would lock the bolt back with and without the surefire can.    SOOOOOOOOO good!  

Ejects at 3 o'clock with the can, 4 o'clock with out.  Runs soooo smoothly now.

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/bbcdb99c-46aa-4a64-bf28-72e03d5cfbca_zpsb303f8a4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/bbcdb99c-46aa-4a64-bf28-72e03d5cfbca_zpsb303f8a4.jpg</a>
View Quote

Saw your post on IG. Nice, congrats on the RC. Seems like a lot of people are about to get them back.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 139 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top