Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 140 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TACP14:

This....I went to DSG to check today, though, and they're out of stock. ($1805)

I'll wait for them.  DSG is awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TACP14:
Originally Posted By RJeff21:
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Who has the Lowest price on Elcan Spector DR1-4X FDE 5.56 NATO ?

If you're looking for lowest, keep your eye out for a used one in the EE.  One recently just sold for around $1,600.

Other than that, retailers are all relatively similar in their BNIB prices.  I picked mine up from DSG Arms (it really helped that they have an awesome military discount).

This....I went to DSG to check today, though, and they're out of stock. ($1805)

I'll wait for them.  DSG is awesome.

I show them as $1965...?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Saw your post on IG. Nice, congrats on the RC. Seems like a lot of people are about to get them back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:
Well I threw a Syrac adjustable gasblock on it last night, adjusted it to the point were it would lock the bolt back with and without the surefire can.    SOOOOOOOOO good!  

Ejects at 3 o'clock with the can, 4 o'clock with out.  Runs soooo smoothly now.

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/bbcdb99c-46aa-4a64-bf28-72e03d5cfbca_zpsb303f8a4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/bbcdb99c-46aa-4a64-bf28-72e03d5cfbca_zpsb303f8a4.jpg</a>

Saw your post on IG. Nice, congrats on the RC. Seems like a lot of people are about to get them back.

Thanks! and yeah, it really is a pleasure to shoot, I'm hooked.

Still need to Form-1 an appropriate lower, and get something more inline with the correct sight.  But this is by far my favorite gun I own.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
UPS screwed me out of my taupe KAC today. Oh well. Still looking for a wmx200. ...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CountryHam:
UPS screwed me out of my taupe KAC today. Oh well. Still looking for a wmx200. ...
http://i60.tinypic.com/ng3qxy.jpg
View Quote

Neat stick! I am digging that camo
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#5]
Question.  I could have sworn I've seen them in usage, but are Surefire X300's "clone kosher?"

I've decided to trade away my WMX because I've pushed my plans for NV down the road for a while, and I figured it'd make a nice, lightweight option for this rifle.  It also helps that I have an extra one.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure you don't want to sell the wmx200?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Sorry man, alright got a trade deal set up for this thing.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Question.  I could have sworn I've seen them in usage, but are Surefire X300's "clone kosher?"
View Quote

No pics, but i saw a few here and there during my travels.

Plus i have one for mine.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I simply had a notification stating that my own account had been subtracted for your cost of a L3/Insight WMX200 (Tan). My partner and i ordered that about July 19 so it entirely possible that they are really shipping and delivery!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Nice....  Just what I was lookin to hear.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
X300:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#12]

Interesting to see the MRDS as a primary on there.  When I had one, the eyebox (for lack of a better word) downright sucked (at least IMO).

ETA:  Thanks for the pic!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaston4:
http://i60.tinypic.com/ng3qxy.jpg

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

No worries.  I might give up on the wmx200 and just go with a m300v
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:42:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#15]

I've decided to trade away my WMX because I've pushed my plans for NV down the road for a while, and I figured it'd make a nice, lightweight option for this rifle.  It also helps that I have an extra one.  
View Quote

Definitely kosher and a fantastic light for this gun. Super small, lightweight, compact and really bright. The paddle switch is also incredibly easy and natural to use when wrapping your hand around the rail - much more so than tail cap buttons of standard weapon lights. If it wasn't for the IR capability of the WMX I'd still be running it as my primary light. Absolutely loved it on there.

The gallery that's linked on page 1 is pretty easy to flip through to see various setups. This guy's rifle was always one of my favorites. I had mine setup exactly the same way where when my hand was wrapped around the AFG my middle finger was right on the paddle of the X300 and thumb was on the PEQ.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:50:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#16]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I loved the idea of it coming from a clone mindset, but in all actuality, it isn't all that much better than the Surefire dual output units.

It does have a little bit more white light output (albeit a lot more spill, it doesn't have tons of throw) and the switchology is definitely superior, I just don't feel it's THAT much better than an M300V or M600V to justify the added cost plus the "pain in the ass" factor of trying to find one.  

I will admit that it is really a perfect pair with a full power PEQ-15.  I took mine into work and fucked around with it in conjunction with my issue PEQ-15.  The combination of a really wide IR output or spill from the WMX coupled with the adjustable, more focus-able, illluminator on the PEQ is just about perfect.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Definitely kosher and a fantastic light for this gun. Super small, lightweight, compact and really bright. The paddle switch is also incredibly easy and natural to use when wrapping your hand around the rail - much more so than tail cap buttons of standard weapon lights. If it wasn't for the IR capability of the WMX I'd still be running it as my primary light. Absolutely loved it on there.

The gallery that's linked on page 1 is pretty easy to flip through to see various setups. This guy's rifle was always one of my favorites. I had mine setup exactly the same way where when my hand was wrapped around the AFG my middle finger was right on the paddle of the X300 and thumb was on the PEQ.

http://jb83.me/128PY+
View All Quotes

http://jb83.me/128PY+

Yep, I've already got it set up that same way essentially, just minus the AFG.  Activating it is a lot more intuitive than I thought it would be.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Gen I LMT SOPMOD (black) on EE right now. 100% clone correct.

Disclaimer:

Not mine and I don't know the seller.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#19]
So, for those in the know:
Is mixing accessories acceptable between MK18 variants?
Such as BUIS from a Block II on a MK18 Mod0 variant or a EOtech on a Block I. Generic examples, mainly anything from one core weapon being used on another core weapon.
Just wondering how much variation on setups may exist and what is acceptable for cloning.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I've pushed my plans for NV down the road for a while
View Quote

Don't blame you. I've been on the fence for a few months now about selling my essentially never used PVS-14 that I just picked up from TNVC this past July.

I know that many get a lot of use out of their NVGs, but I just don't have a use for mine. I picked them up just because Arfcom told me that all the kool kids need them.

Now, 5 months after getting mine, I think I maybe have used them for about 5 minutes in my house, and another 5 to 10 minutes on a camping trip lol.

I would have long parted with them already if it weren't for the whole better to have and not need than to need and not have saying. I really am eyeing the new KAC SR-25 APCs though...and my PVS-14 wouid cover at least half of one...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#22]
for those of us on the ATPIAL-c pre opder, TNVC says they start shipping tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:00:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#23]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Don't blame you. I've been on the fence for a few months now about selling my essentially never used PVS-14 that I just picked up from TNVC this past July.

I know that many get a lot of use out of their NVGs, but I just don't have a use for mine. I picked them up just because Arfcom told me that all the kool kids need them.

Now, 5 months after getting mine, I think I maybe have used them for about 5 minutes in my house, and another 5 to 10 minutes on a camping trip lol.

I would have long parted with them already if it weren't for the whole better to have and not need than to need and not have saying. I really am eyeing the new KAC SR-25 APCs though...and my PVS-14 wouid cover at least half of one...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
I've pushed my plans for NV down the road for a while

Yep, I'm on the same page.  I want a high end semi auto .308.  Thinking maybe a SCAR 17.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dylang32:
for those of us on the ATPIAL-c pre opder, TNVC says they start shipping tomorrow
View Quote

Dope. It was getting testy in that thread lol.

I have NODs, I don't use them as much as I would like but I feel like when I went a couple months without them is when I had so many opportunities to use them. Plus I'll use them when I fly back to Texas for about a week.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]

I have NODs, I don't use them as much as I would like but I feel like when I went a couple months without them is when I had so many opportunities to use them. Plus I'll use them when I fly back to Texas for about a week.
View All Quotes

Yeah....I have a -14 and don't really use it, but I know when I get a chance to finally pick up an IR laser or two, I'll be really pissed if I sell it off for something else.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Some of those guys are the real deal my friend!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

the future home of my ATPIAL with TNPVS-14

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#28]

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/dylang32/IMG_6867_zpsc95985b7.jpg
View All Quotes

Fuck'n hotness.. Are you going to mount it top side and move the dual switch?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

NT4 on Block II is the jam. Love that rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I use my PVS 14 about once a month and each time I use them I really, really wish I had a dual tube set up, then I start shopping and just can't seem to pull the trigger on duals and then after a few weeks go by I'm glad I don't have even more money tied up in NVGs, until I go out hunting again and the cycle continues. If you use them or need them there is no substitution for NV.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice mod 1 on the Facebook page for American sniper.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone else see this posted today?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15865532739_927453d952_o.jpg
View Quote

Middle of the last page
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

I use my PVS 14 about once a month and each time I use them I really, really wish I had a dual tube set up, then I start shopping and just can't seem to pull the trigger on duals and then after a few weeks go by I'm glad I don't have even more money tied up in NVGs, until I go out hunting again and the cycle continues. If you use them or need them there is no substitution for NV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/SUPA_G_MAN/Firearms/MK18_kit.jpg
View All Quotes

What makes you want the dual setup when you're using it? I've really been preferring single vs double lately.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

Middle of the last page
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Petes1552:
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15865532739_927453d952_o.jpg

Middle of the last page

Faaaaaaaaaack.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Depth perception really.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Depth perception really.
View Quote

Looking at your own feet is a totally new experience.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

Yea I plan to move the switch and put the ATPIAL topside.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Shoot me an IM next time you are in GA. I'll have my nods and place to shoot at night hopefully.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Shoot me an IM next time you are in GA. I'll have my nods and place to shoot at night hopefully.
View All Quotes

Eric and i come as a pair.

NO HOMO
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Yep, it probably has something to do with different eyes.  I have shit eyesight as well, so that could very well be it (I REALLY need to get that LASIK surgery done).  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Yeah, that is weird. I'd love for us to be able to kick the tires on each other's builds to see if perhaps the optics have slightly different eye relief. I'm betting it's just the difference in how our eyes focus though...

Yep, it probably has something to do with different eyes.  I have shit eyesight as well, so that could very well be it (I REALLY need to get that LASIK surgery done).  

With regards to the ELCAN convo, I personally feel it also has to do with shooting style in relation to one would get the ideal eye relief. When I mount it on my CQBR, I have to have the stock 2 notches out from the closed position and slightly blade my stance whereas when I put it on my 14.5 with a 13" rail, it seems as if it's a little more forgiving and I can square up like I normally shoot. This is with a rear BUIS mounted and the ELCAN sitting right in front... Just my personal experience.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Just suck it up and do it.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Augee:

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

Neil called me when you stopped by the shop (Gun Gallery) and I was actually in a meeting or would have showed up just to shoot the shit with you Augee..
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#45]

What makes you want the dual setup when you're using it? I've really been preferring single vs double lately.
View All Quotes

looking through one eye/tube for a couple hours while walking really makes me want to see out of the other eye, it gets annoying. I imagine that having one eye fully dilated and the other fully constricted messes with your brain a bit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Interesting use of the RIS and receiver end plate to hold a ?cleaning rod?
In the second pic

Originally Posted By PFran42:
Originally Posted By smb980:
What's wrong with buis all of a sudden?

The Elcan doesn't work with the rear BUIS installed (unless you like having your top row of teeth over the charging handle). There are a ton of real CQBRs out in the wild without them. I'm not planing on getting rid of mine but they are pretty much useless with my current setup.

No rear BUIS pics:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg/1280px-Flickr_-_DVIDSHUB_-_Operation_in_Nahr-e_Saraj_(Image_5_of_7).jpg

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cd616e6e9b27007c3f2b7901285e7acc28726ff8_r.jpg

https://opticsdealer.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/140515-a-he359-3917rkpg.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FstR6WEE2gw/UKf9wdABvbI/AAAAAAAAADY/QSIVLWJanzQ/s1600/pic7.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/SSGMAC11BAMF/3910_175271405944391_1824381445_n_zps831e4e20.png

http://oi48.tinypic.com/fjkzuv.jpg

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Neil called me when you stopped by the shop (Gun Gallery) and I was actually in a meeting or would have showed up just to shoot the shit with you Augee..
View All Quotes

~Augee

Would've been great to meet some folks, though I didn't have much time that day - that being said, while it's not exactly "right down the road," I don't think I'd realized/processed how close Jacksonville is to me, I might try to make it down more often if there are matches or shoots going on.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Would've been great to meet some folks, though I didn't have much time that day - that being said, while it's not exactly "right down the road," I don't think I'd realized/processed how close Jacksonville is to me, I might try to make it down more often if there are matches or shoots going on.  

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

~Augee

Neil mentioned the same thing about making the trip up to your area if there's a cool shoot or match so, guess we'll just have to wait and see who hosts one first..LOL..
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Is there anyone left that has the DD FDE Mk18 rails in stock or are they now completely unobtainum without buying a complete upper or rifle from DD?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 1qsb28:
Is there anyone left that has the DD FDE Mk18 rails in stock or are they now completely unobtainum without buying a complete upper or rifle from DD?
View Quote

Look in the EE.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 140 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top