Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 688 of 1574)
Page / 1574
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1911nick:

Looking good! We need to make this shoot happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
And here we found a pony in its natural habitats

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/hl1FxGXdj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/633/1FxGXd.jpg</a>

Looking good! We need to make this shoot happen.

Can't wait !!

ETA: another angle in the snow

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TNW:

Are you in need of a Colt FCG/trigger?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
If anybody has a spare Colt selector (standard off a 6920 or the ambi 6920 SOCOM version) I.M. me plz.

I'm pretty much in need of everything colt.

I traded off 3/4 of my shit for NV/LAM so now I need to build mah clones up again. All Colt everything this time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]

I traded off 3/4 of my shit for NV/LAM so now I need to build mah clones up again. All Colt everything this time.
View All Quotes
If anybody has a spare Colt selector (standard off a 6920 or the ambi 6920 SOCOM version) I.M. me plz.

IM'd
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Welp, I don't have any Colt FCG parts, but if you want a REALLY BTDT RAS, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eppler] [#5]

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Welp, I don't have any Colt FCG parts, but if you want a REALLY BTDT RAS, let me know.
View All Quotes

DBM, if no one else hits you up for the RAS, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Theymad

He did have a decent clone though...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Airsoft kids have better clones than half the stuff posted here to be honest.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes

Haha.

What did you guys do to poor little ol' AmericanCheese? He pulled a complete 180* on cloning.

Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
Originally Posted By duke23433:
we need a designated thread for tier 1 airsoft operations

We do....mk18 clone thread!  Biggest group of posers I have ever seen

Ya bunch of posers!
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Who has a TAN SF WARDEN in stock with the Lowest Price?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Who has a TAN SF WARDEN in stock with the Lowest Price?
View Quote

BCM.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#14]

What did you guys do to poor little ol' AmericanCheese? He pulled a complete 180* on cloning.

View Quote

Yeah, what's the story? I remember when he first came around and did a solid for everyone who wanted a PRI CH. Fronted the money, shipped them out, and wasn't trying to make anything off of anyone who wanted them. Seemed like a pretty cool dude to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Airsoft kids have better clones than half the stuff posted here to be honest.

View Quote

lol, no shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Yeah, what's the story? I remember when he first came around and did a solid for everyone who wanted a PRI CH. Fronted the money, shipped them out, and wasn't trying to make anything off of anyone who wanted them. Seemed like a pretty cool dude to me.
View All Quotes

Speaking of which, what PRI latch is clone correct?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:07:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#17]
Originally Posted By ChrisWMT:

Thanks
View All Quotes

Thanks

The clone-correct PRI Gas Buster CH latch is the military big latch, which is the smaller, smooth-faced one that looks like a hot dog or a Tylenol pill. However, many prefer the combat latch because both the longer length the machined serrations just make it easier to manipulate. I don't think anyone is going to fault you for going that route. It's significantly better IMO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

The clone-correct PRI Gas Buster CH latch is the military big latch, which is the smaller, smooth-faced one that looks like a hot dog or a Tylenol pill. However, many prefer the combat latch because both the longer length the machined serrations just make it easier to manipulate. I don't think anyone is going to fault you for going that route. It's significantly better IMO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Thanks

If you get the serrated one you're banned for life
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Changed a few things...

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone order from CQD lately? I'm getting tired of waiting for DSG to get more sling mounts back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered from CQD last summer. Both sling mounts were on my rifle in about a week. They didn't hyperinflate the shipping either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dfd277:
I ordered from CQD last summer. Both sling mounts were on my rifle in about a week. They didn't hyperinflate the shipping either.
View Quote

This. They had what I needed in stock and shipped quickly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Domestique:
Anyone order from CQD lately? I'm getting tired of waiting for DSG to get more sling mounts back in stock.
View Quote

Ordered a front sling mount within the last month and received it in less than a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

The clone police can have that effect on some people.

I find it interesting that some still consider this thread overall less anal than the previous thread that got nuked. That was supposed to be the case and intention since its inception, but it actually ended up even more extreme than the previous thread.

In the previous thread, generally speaking, any milspec receivers were fine, and spotted in the wild stuff got a pass. Not to mention, cans in general were generally at least somewhat accepted as well. Some small jabs and humor could ensue from those wrong cans, but at least there was a general understanding of the time, money and legalities surrounding things like cans. Even some of today's clone police sat idle in that previously considered way too anal thread and gave these things a pass.

Now, people are being tarred and feathered for their milspec receivers not being stamped with a C. In the wild no longer seems to matter to some. People with solid clones that just don't happen to have the correct can yet are being treated like GTFO. Basically, everyone is expected to have identically configured rigs now, or you're likely to hear something about it. All while this is supposed to be the more laid back and accepting thread. Right...

In summary, I think most of us know the story of what went down every time this thread creates yet another highly disgruntled former supporter/lurker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#25]

View All Quotes

He kept getting timeouts for arguing with AZoutdoorsman in tech, then got banned from tech for arguing with AZ in tech.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#26]
2/3 clone pertinent... Finished stripping and cleaning the Mod 0 today...

Snagged a SU marked 553 for it... Should go on soon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#27]
I like that MK18, I think I'm going to build one. I just started another project gun, nothing CQBR related though. That sucks to get the boot from tech area.

Shot the MK12 most of the day though, I did shoot the M16 with NT4. A lot more gas back through the gun than the SF can.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Mod 0 looking solid!

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

I find it interesting that some still consider this thread overall less anal than the previous thread that got nuked. That was supposed to be the case and intention since its inception, but it actually ended up even more extreme than the previous thread.

In the previous thread, generally speaking, any milspec receivers were fine, and spotted in the wild stuff got a pass. Not to mention, cans in general were generally at least somewhat accepted as well. Some small jabs and humor could ensue from those wrong cans, but at least there was a general understanding of the time, money and legalities surrounding things like cans. Even some of today's clone police sat idle in that previously considered way too anal thread and gave these things a pass.

Now, people are being tarred and feathered for their milspec receivers not being stamped with a C. In the wild no longer seems to matter to some. People with solid clones that just don't happen to have the correct can yet are being treated like GTFO. Basically, everyone is expected to have identically configured rigs now, or you're likely to hear something about it. All while this is supposed to be the more laid back and accepting thread. Right...

In summary, I think most of us know the story of what went down every time this thread creates yet another highly disgruntled former supporter/lurker.
View All Quotes

Your comments and contributions are important to the CPD and will be passed to the Captain of the CPD for further review. Please allow 6-8 weeks for a response.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]

He kept getting timeouts for arguing with AZoutdoorsman in tech, then got banned from tech for arguing with AZ in tech.
View All Quotes

Now he lingers in the teener thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

That's becoming a badge of honor for members of a certain private club on this site.  One of many reasons I chose to leave said club.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#32]
^ sounds like some fuckery.

Clone thread:

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#33]
2/3 clone pertinent... Finished stripping and cleaning the Mod 0 today...

<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/F9502988-43BA-4E60-8ABF-803EC14640F2_zpso64t0spl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/F9502988-43BA-4E60-8ABF-803EC14640F2_zpso64t0spl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/004617E7-C7BA-428E-8455-514C8759BD4C_zpsgcxc0xkk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/004617E7-C7BA-428E-8455-514C8759BD4C_zpsgcxc0xkk.jpg</a>

Snagged a SU marked 553 for it... Should go on soon.
View Quote

Mod 0 is looking good.  Pretty much what mine will look like, I'm just trying to decide if I'll use the KAC VFG I have or pick up a Tango Down. The wait is killing me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#34]
I definitely prefer the TD VFG. Today I ordered an AFG for the FSP RIS II one. Looking forward to giving that a try.

I'm trying to decide if I want my next upper to use an RIS II or a lite rail... I'll keep the Mod 0 so I'm [somewhat] welcome in this thread [when I'm not being a habitual line stepper] regardless

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Domestique:
View Quote

Funny, just got the email from DSG that they have them back in stock
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I definitely prefer the TD VFG. Today I ordered an AFG for the FSP RIS II one. Looking forward to giving that a try.

I'm trying to decide if I want my next upper to use an RIS II or a lite rail... I'll keep the Mod 0 so I'm [somewhat] welcome in this thread [when I'm not being a habitual line stepper] regardless

<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/8595a523ad6b6cadf00456a9fba76954_zpsfqv7irty.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/8595a523ad6b6cadf00456a9fba76954_zpsfqv7irty.jpg</a>
View Quote

Hey TNW,
Do you like the Mod 0 or the RIS is FSP upper better?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurbineGuy] [#37]

View All Quotes

If we ever meet, beer, steaks, ammo, whatever, is on me.

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
That's becoming a badge of honor for members of a certain private club on this site.  One of many reasons I chose to leave said club.

Same goes for you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Hey TNW,
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/8595a523ad6b6cadf00456a9fba76954_zpsfqv7irty.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/8595a523ad6b6cadf00456a9fba76954_zpsfqv7irty.jpg</a>

Hey TNW,

I know you didn't ask me, but I personally like the RIS II FSP better. I used to rock a Mod 0 way back before I got the FSP, and it was nice, but I found I liked the VFG up so far that my hand (fingers) would end up slipping over the rail and touching the FSB/barrel. I pretty much always wear gloves when I'm shooting, so it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't ideal. The FSP rail obviously has more rail space on the bottom and sides, so that is no longer a problem. I can also mount my lights farther forward, and there's a non-interrupted rail on top. As an added bonus, it's free floated too. So, while it might not be 100% clone correct (I bought it before I was into cloning), I like it better, function wise, over the KAC.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I didn't post a lot in the old thread but, I did read every single page and kept up with it just as I do this one. I do remember that certain non-clone correct items, i.e suppressors, were accepted given the reasons you stated and I don't recall anyone really throwing a fit over it.

I guess people just take this shit way too serious and need to chill the fuck out. There are some genuinely good people in these threads and I've made some friends over the years just cause of the common interests like cloning. I will say that there are definitely certain items that are a must but, everything doesn't need to be a 100% clone to be accepted here. That's just my opinion though so, we'll see how this thread plays out in the long run.

I wasn't aware of why Cheese wasn't posting here anymore and why that other thread got started in GD but, it is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Yeah I remember that. Maggiethecat and whoever else kept stalking you around the forum after you had your tank/access removed, talkin' mad shit yo.

Anywho, back to Sea Cucumbers. I need to start digging through my oldest pics again. A lot of gold buried in there.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Do I spy a Bowers cover on that NT4?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]
How do you guys keep up with the goings on of this site? I have no idea what's going on lol.

Ordered a 10.3" upper for the EOD clone build.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#43]
How do you guys keep up with the goings on of this site? I have no idea what's going on lol.

View Quote

Pics will be in order. Just have it shipped to me and I'll post pics for you, and guard it for safekeeping for the next 3+ years until you move back to MERICA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Did somebody say EOD clone?

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#45]

Hey TNW,
View All Quotes

Hey TNW,

Probably the FSP... Even though the KAC is my favorite drop in rail, I like the free float, extra real estate, and ability to hold it down further. I also like that an Eotech mount can bridge that gap better.

Is the FSP RIS II clone correct? I know we've personally never seen one in a pic, but they have an NSN and DD said they wouldn't make more unless more were ordered for a mil contract...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

View All Quotes

I can't remember what the name of that can wrap was, it was so long ago. One of the other guys will remember the name I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#47]

http://i.imgur.com/uCwUpEV.jpg
View All Quotes

Awwww snap. I haven't bought the CASV yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Yep, it's a Bowers cover from the looks of it. I have one for my G5 and it works surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Tracked down a Gearsector Surefire mount. Colt mater race.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#50]

View All Quotes

I started to build one last year, but I bought the CASV-EL so I would have needed to cut the FSB part out. I love the CASV rail, I want another shot at the EOD.

Edit: Oh yeah, I bought the FSP around the same time so I ditched the EOD for the FSP build.
Page / 1574
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 688 of 1574)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top