Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 88
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try the barrel from the freeze and the gas block in the oven trick?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
Did you try the barrel from the freeze and the gas block in the oven trick?
View Quote
I’ve had to do this a couple times, but usually just taking a heat gun to the gas block is enough.

-t
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The 50 Shades of ODG continues. Tracking down anodized uppers and lowers in ODG has limited options, if anyone knows of any good matches please let me know.

I tried an 80% combo from ljsarparts.com...I can't use this Kermit bs

Next I think I am going to try Franklin Armory's Libertas Upper lower -
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By YuppieMike:
The 50 Shades of ODG continues. Tracking down anodized uppers and lowers in ODG has limited options, if anyone knows of any good matches please let me know.

I tried an 80% combo from ljsarparts.com...I can't use this Kermit bs
https://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12023093/images/kermit-green.jpg

Next I think I am going to try Franklin Armory's Libertas Upper lower -
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-8wj7r83qii/images/stencil/original/products/297/801/billet_lower_odg_l__19589.1543435978.png?c=2
View Quote
Maybe swing DIY and use RIT dye?

DIY
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
I put a little oil on the jounal and it went right on. It is a tight fit though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Anyone else having trouble getting the Geissele gas block on the Colt HRT barrels? Barrel measures right at .750, but I tried 3 gas blocks to no avail. They all measured slightly smaller than .750
I put a little oil on the jounal and it went right on. It is a tight fit though.
You can always throw the barrel in the freezer, and warm up the gas block, too
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Anyone else having trouble getting the Geissele gas block on the Colt HRT barrels? Barrel measures right at .750, but I tried 3 gas blocks to no avail. They all measured slightly smaller than .750
Yup. And if you can't get this to work, ream the gas block to .750
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote
Sketch yo
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else having trouble getting the Geissele gas block on the Colt HRT barrels?
View Quote
I'm doing a shave, but at least we know they chose to randomly include a gas block...
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Sketch yo
View All Quotes

Sketch yo
Not as sketch as the block getting stuck at half way point then having to cut it off with a dremel. I already told you that story.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol. Big hammer. Then you won't need to worry about pinning it
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
sweet set up !
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol. Big hammer. Then you won't need to worry about pinning it
View Quote
I tried everything bro. It was stuck. Like seized stuck. Even a press would have stretched the block more than I would have been comfortable with at that point. They were just a bad match. It was a DD mk12 block and a Mk12 mod 1 barrel
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]

I tried everything bro. It was stuck. Like seized stuck. Even a press would have stretched the block more than I would have been comfortable with at that point. They were just a bad match. It was a DD mk12 block and a Mk12 mod 1 barrel
View Quote
I've seen alot of dumb stuff.. and I guess I just imagine everyone trying to ram a reamer thru their gas blocks now lol. Once it's too big, it's over.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#15]
I've seen alot of dumb stuff.. and I guess I just imagine everyone trying to ram a reamer thru their gas blocks now lol. Once it's too big, it's over.
View All Quotes

Its not a huge deal even if you do. $40 gas block in the trash can is better than $250 barrel in the trash can.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamblinman] [#16]
OK..just received a built upper that is supposed to be a 11.5" HRT barrel. Upon looking at it, the barrel looks short. So, I laid my 10" Geissele rail up to it and the threads on the barrel are very close to the end of the rail. Does this look right? I'm thinking it's a 10.3 barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/AeKvBht.jpg
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:11:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sanman28] [#17]
Originally Posted By Gamblinman:
OK..just received a built upper that is supposed to be a 11.5" HRT barrel. Upon looking at it, the barrel looks short. So, I laid my 10" Geissele rail up to it and the threads on the barrel are very close to the end of the rail. Does this look right? I'm thinking it's a 10.3 barrel.

View Quote

Yeah thats not a 11.5
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
there are 10.3 and 11.5 hrt barrels
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:

there are 10.3 and 11.5 hrt barrels
View Quote
Thank you! This is supposed to be a 11.5" barrel according to their specifications. I do not believe this is a 11.5" barrel. It doesn't measure, and all the pics I've seen with a 10" Geissele rail, the barrel should stick further out from the end of the rail.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sanman28:

Yeah thats not a 11.5
View All Quotes

Yeah thats not a 11.5
Not even close to a 11.5
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]
That definitely looks like a 10.3.”  Shoulder looks pretty much dead even with the bayo lug.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#22]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks to be 10.5", maybe even 10.3"??
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

Yeah thats not a 11.5
Not even close to a 11.5
Looks to be 10.5", maybe even 10.3"??
Its a 10.3. We used to kick dudes out of the CQBR thread for having that extra .2 of meat on there, so I've become very visually familiar with the 2 lengths especially past a FSB.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you. I'll be dealing with the supplier on the issue. Not a happy camper after having to wait almost 2 months for this to arrive. It was supposed to be a birthday present, but slid back to a Xmas present, which still arrived too late, and now this. Safe to say this supplier will never see another dime of my hard earned money.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you. I'll be dealing with the supplier on the issue. Not a happy camper after having to wait almost 2 months for this to arrive. It was supposed to be a birthday present, but slid back to a Xmas present, which still arrived too late, and now this. Safe to say this supplier will never see another dime of my hard earned money.
View Quote
Can you let us know who makes the barrel and what supplier? Pm if you don't want to post publicly.

I'd be interested in a 10.3 socom profile barrel if it's Colt or FN made. Yours possibly a cut down?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Can you let us know who makes the barrel and what supplier? Pm if you don't want to post publicly.

I'd be interested in a 10.3 socom profile barrel if it's Colt or FN made. Yours possibly a cut down?
View Quote
Since I bought it as an assembled upper group, I'm sure I'll have to return it whole to prove to them that its an incorrect build. I'll know more after they respond after the holidays. It was very specific in their specifications for the upper group that this would be an 11.5" FBI HRT barrel. They just dropped the ball, along with not including the charging handle as specified. My mistake for just not ordering the parts and assembling it myself, but fall fishing was so good, I elected to just purchase a built upper and drop it on a lower I already had.

Live and learn.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Since I bought it as an assembled upper group, I'm sure I'll have to return it whole to prove to them that its an incorrect build. I'll know more after they respond after the holidays. It was very specific in their specifications for the upper group that this would be an 11.5" FBI HRT barrel. They just dropped the ball, along with not including the charging handle as specified. My mistake for just not ordering the parts and assembling it myself, but fall fishing was so good, I elected to just purchase a built upper and drop it on a lower I already had.

Live and learn.

View Quote
That's why they call you Gamblinman..
Seriously though. If it says 11.5 URG,  that's what you should get. Not your fault.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Really surprised on how many different colors variations there on the rails. Here's mine next to a ODG magpul stock and a anodized colt buffer tube.

A picture of it with a flash on the camera.

I was hoping that the rails were going to match the magpul a little closer. If anyone has a darker rail (closer to magpul odg) and would like to trade. hit me up, maybe we can work something out.

Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty1283] [#29]
I finished my build.

Not really going for a clone build, obviously.....I wanted one of these rails for a long time and couldn’t believe they released them to the public.

" />

11.3 BA Hansen Barrel
VG6 Gamma
Spikes Upper
Rock River Lower Receiver
Geissele G2S trigger
Vortex Viper PST 1-4
Geissele CH
Sba3 brace

J
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Live and learn.

View Quote
Where is it from?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lonewolfgun:
Really surprised on how many different colors variations there on the rails. Here's mine next to a ODG magpul stock and a anodized colt buffer tube.

https://i.imgur.com/upiexdi.jpg

A picture of it with a flash on the camera.

https://i.imgur.com/5CVqrUy.jpg

I was hoping that the rails were going to match the magpul a little closer. If anyone has a darker rail (closer to magpul odg) and would like to trade. hit me up, maybe we can work something out.

View Quote
Wow.  Thats like glock BFG.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Not as sketch as the block getting stuck at half way point then having to cut it off with a dremel. I already told you that story.
View Quote
BTDT.  Sadlak GB and a Faxon 6.5 G 12" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
My “Clone”Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm assuming thats the romeo 4m. How do you like it? Really thinking of getting either that or a 515GM (which seems to be nearly the same but all black(
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#35]
Green rail came today.   Pretty close match to the Colt Upper/Lower it will be used on that was one of the $550 expanse clearance guns.   Wish I would have scooped up 5-6 more of them when they blew them out or at least one of the FDE ones.

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I like the odg
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RANDY_MAR5H:

I'm assuming thats the romeo 4m. How do you like it? Really thinking of getting either that or a 515GM (which seems to be nearly the same but all black(
View Quote
It is. Literally assembled that on Christmas so not rounds through it yet. It has either the single dot or Eotech style donut reticle. I could see how the donut could be a little much through such a small tube, mount seems questionable. Other than that it seems decently solid. Honestly, I won't be running that upper hard like I do some of my other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#39]
the right looks glossy compared to the Matte of the left.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Did you take the picture with the flash on ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know what reticle, the circle plex or circle dot, is correct on the Romeo 4Ts that are in use? Are both in use?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I got the one I ordered, green is a great green, not too bright, not too dark, more matte than gloss. I think ones that are way off are few and far between.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#43]
My rails delivered a few days before Christmas. Initially I wasn't so hot on the dark ODG Mk4 rail but its been sitting on my desk for a few days and I'm liking it the more I see it. Ano is so weird with its color variations and capturing that on camera. Here are some shots with the ACH and a Hogue ODG grip for this build along with a Mk16 rail I purchased to get the CH. I actually like the color of the Mk16 more but as long as the other bits that I get for the build go together I'll be ok with it. Not sure if I will do a ODG receiver extension. The upper/lower will be black. Was actually looking at picking up a RRA set as they had the FBI contract for a while.

If anyone has a rail that's a closer match to the Hogue ODG (I'd call it lighter) grip I'd be up for a trade if you want my "blackish" ODG rail (I'd call it darker).

Almost wished I could have driven over to Geissele and hand picked my color ;-)
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mbpike:
https://i.imgur.com/OU9opEN.jpg
View Quote
@mbpike - you looking for a match to the rail on the right? I might be interested in a trade for that rail on the left!

PM me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

@mbpike - you looking for a match to the rail on the right? I might be interested in a trade for that rail on the left!

PM me if you are interested.
View Quote
thanks for the offer, for now I'm going to hold off.  Probably going to order in my stock and grip and see which one I think looks the best, and then either build a 12.5" gun or short 6.5 gun with the other.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Some from yesterday

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#47]
@loudxpack

That is a sick set up.  Details please.  I may copy that next year.  If you don't mind.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:46:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: loudxpack] [#48]
Originally Posted By speedjunkie:
@loudxpack

That is a sick set up.  Details please.  I may copy that next year.  If you don't mind.
View Quote
Thanks!

BA 11.5”
G gas block
G mk4 fed rail ODG
ODG hogue
ODG CTR
Colt ODG Buffer tube
Dbal + SF M600 with dual switch
Aimpoint T2 on an ADM mount
Troy BUIS

I think I really like how this build looks with Colt 20 rounders
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:

I think I really like how this build looks with Colt 20 rounders
View Quote
Everything looks better with Colt 20-round mags
Page / 88
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top