Link Posted: 8/21/2019 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Waiting on my SB to get out of jail...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
@CD

Any more pics and any word if a 10.3" URGI will be used? G sold them as being used also...
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 11:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#4]
Buddy from KY visited today so I took these out for him to play. This is the first time I've put some serious rounds through the 10.3" URGI and I must say what a piece of garbage the Airborne charging handle is.. must replaced it with a Gasbuster soon

Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Mk16 Rails and subdued charging handles are available from Geissele separate now lol.

Never trust Bill G when he says “exclusive”
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Mk16 Rails and subdued charging handles are available from Geissele separate now lol.

View Quote
"Exclusive" only for right now lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Am starting to believe this, as well...
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bwhited:
@CD

Any more pics and any word if a 10.3" URGI will be used? G sold them as being used also...
View Quote
No new pics but I've been told that its only going to be 14.5".

CD
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Silverww] [#10]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Buddy from KY visited today so I took these out for him to play. This is the first time I've put some serious rounds through the 10.3" URGI and I must say what a piece of garbage the Airborne charging handle is.. must replaced it with a Gasbuster soon

https://i.imgur.com/tOJG0BV.jpg
View Quote
I'm having a similar experience with my ACH. I'm left handed so a gasbuster really isn't going to help me either, all I know is that the ACH doesn't help with the gas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:14:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#11]
Originally Posted By Silverww:
I'm having a similar experience with my ACH. I'm left handed so a gasbuster really isn't going to help me either, all I know is that the ACH doesn't help with the gas.
View Quote
Well boy do I have some big news for you soon lol

AMBI Gas Buster
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Recce_Gear] [#12]
Thanks CD.  That is the word that I got as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#13]

View Quote
Mk16 rails were initially exclusive only to the complete, near clone or clone upper, then they released them "exclusively" in the package deal with the charging handle, then they were "exclusive to Black Friday sale", then "exclusive" to 4th of July sale, now they're just "exclusive" everyday.

Same thing with the mk4 federals.

I think the 10.3 Mk16 versions aren't being adopted and that's why they had the fire clearance sale on them the other day for $700ish for the complete uppers.

Still no word on the testing with the shifting and bending? I've heard from a couple people they have or were going to upgrade the barrel nut to a steel barrel nut? Is that false, would that even fix anything, or are we still waiting til after the holidays to hear from Bill?
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
After his last year, I'd say its sage advice not to trust him when he says much of anything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

After his last year, I'd say its sage advice not to trust him when he says much of anything.
View Quote
Just wait till after the holidays...
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#16]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

No new pics but I've been told that its only going to be 14.5".

CD
View Quote
Thank you sir. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Is mk16 black used ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By supermanct:
Is mk16 black used ?
View Quote
Dont think so, even PD has been using the tan setup from what ive seen
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

View Quote
All of them? Lol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:

View Quote
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

All of them? Lol.
View Quote
You've got a point. To be fair, they never did specify which Christmas they'd update us after....
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

AMBI Gas Buster
View Quote
Is the gasbuster venting to the right an issues? Or is the large latch enough to keep gas out of the face? Anyway, thanks for letting me know the ambi version existed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Is the gasbuster venting to the right an issues? Or is the large latch enough to keep gas out of the face? Anyway, thanks for letting me know the ambi version existed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

AMBI Gas Buster
They had an IG post today showing a revamped ambi CH they're working on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Any g black rails out there?
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
This right here is the reason I will never buy another single product from G. They've lost me as a customer for good now.  Cannot be trusted, marketing strategy of LIES!
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Pitbull410:

This right here is the reason I will never buy another single product from G. They've lost me as a customer for good now.  Cannot be trusted, marketing strategy of LIES!
View Quote
He’s only slick and gets away with it because folks continue to blindly support G products no matter what.

I’m not saying I’ll never buy another G product but I’m definitely taking some time off.

And the ACH sucks as a charging handle. The original is a little better but it’s no Gasbuster.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Never trust Bill G when he says "exclusive"
Speaking of marketing strategies...

Reminds me of another brand that said they'd never offer their upper with a M-LOK handguard because 'Keymod was superior in every way possible', while also insinuating that the upper package was for a limited time only (to ramp up demand/sales).  Lo and behold, after pumping them out left and right, what do you know?  Yep, here come the M-LOK handguards...

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the reason for selling the subdued ach and mk16 rail individually is they are trying to kill the reselling that is going on. Tons of ads in EE for these at inflated prices.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SnowshoeBBQ:
I think the reason for selling the subdued ach and mk16 rail individually is they are trying to kill the reselling that is going on. Tons of ads in EE for these at inflated prices.
View Quote
Or they over anticipated the demand and can't sell enough complete uppers.

Since there probably won't be any more 13.5" rails purchased by USASOC and the Govt isn't buying the 9.3" rails, they are likely sitting on a lot of these.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SnowshoeBBQ:
View Quote
I'm sure they regret even dipping their toes into the 'clone' game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

I'm sure they regret even dipping their toes into the 'clone' game.
View Quote
Absolutely spot on, and I've said this for some time now.   They've created a handful of pissed of cloners that are hell bent on posting negative stuff in any Geissele thread now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#36]
View Quote

I've said it before and I'll say it again- if you commit to buy only from companies that haven't offended this community's delicate sensibilities over the years, you'll quickly discover that you have cut out a good amount of the industry.

Daniel Defense
LaRue
Troy
A.R.M.S.
Team Wendy
Geissele
AAC
Gemtech
Surefire
L3/EOTech

Just off the top of my head.

That's business. Use the gear, don't use the gear... no one cares...

ETA to clarify: Being that this is a technical forum, I feel that if there is an argument to be made for or against a product based on quantifiable, relevant information then by all means, someone should make it.

But- "Person A blocked me on Instagram!", or "Company B donated money to a political cause I disagree with.", or "Person C bullied me in GD! That's not how a company representative should act!" are not relevant statments when discussing the technical aspects of a product..They're valid statements, just not relevant when it comes to tech.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have realistic and objective data on the accuracy of these particular DD barrels vs a standard Colt M4 profile barrel?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
https://i.imgur.com/gLfk2M2.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again- if you commit to buy only from companies that haven't offended this community's delicate sensibilities over the years, you'll quickly discover that you have cut out a good amount of the industry.

Daniel Defense
LaRue
Troy
A.R.M.S.
Team Wendy
Geissele
AAC
Gemtech
Surefire
L3/EOTech

ETA to clarify: Being that this is a technical forum, I feel that if there is an argument to be made for or against a product based on quantifiable, relevant information then by all means, someone should make it.

But- "Person A blocked me on Instagram!", or "Company B donated money to a political cause I disagree with.", or "Person C bullied me in GD! That's not how a company representative should act!" are not relevant statments when discussing the technical aspects of a product..They're valid statements, just not relevant when it comes to tech.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/gLfk2M2.jpg

Daniel Defense
LaRue
Troy
A.R.M.S.
Team Wendy
Geissele
AAC
Gemtech
Surefire
L3/EOTech

I think it's more about the fact that this whole procurement was dicey and G is silent about any possible durability issues. It's not that someone at G voted for Hillary or something.

They should have waited until the rail was issued (this month?) and then sold them as "clone" rails. They should have sold the rails and charging handles separately from the get go. They shouldn't allude to the 9.3" being issued in any way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BigBoss01:
Anyone have realistic and objective data on the accuracy of these particular DD barrels vs a standard Colt M4 profile barrel?
View Quote
Colt barrels and DD barrels are very comparable. I don't think you're going to find anything but anecdotal stuff. Even someone like Molon would only have a sample of one of each and only use a few different types of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I think it's more about the fact that this whole procurement was dicey and G is silent about any possible durability issues. It's not that someone at G voted for Hillary or something.

They should have waited until the rail was issued (this month?) and then sold them as "clone" rails. They should have sold the rails and charging handles separately from the get go. They shouldn't allude to the 9.3" being issued in any way.
View Quote
Yep, but they wanted that $$. Which brings me back to my first point lol.

That post isn't intended (and I don't think it reads) as a defense of G. More that they're just an average example of most companies in the industry.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Swapped the pos G ACH out for trusty Gasbuster and no more gas to face when running the gun fast

Regarding the 9.3" rail, y'all might see pics of it in the wild in a couple months. Hell y'all might even see 11.5" barrel with special Mk16 rail for the barrel length. Don't message me cause that's all I'm gonna say here
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#42]
Well if my 10.3 bends I'll just ask them for a Mk 8 replacement since it's not really a clone of anything anyway. Since it's the same barrel nut should be a 5 minute swap.

G is being run like a public company, they're more concerned about the next quarter than the next 10 years. They're chasing higher risk government contracts and putting the consumer market as a fallback to make their ROI. Might be a good strategy,  certainly not a new strategy in this business, but good luck to them on their next "exclusive."
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Slu54:
Well if my 10.3 bends I'll just ask them for a Mk 8 replacement since it's not really a clone of anything anyway. Since it's the same barrel nut should be a 5 minute swap.
View Quote
Different barrel nuts, amigo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Colt barrels and DD barrels are very comparable. I don't think you're going to find anything but anecdotal stuff. Even someone like Molon would only have a sample of one of each and only use a few different types of ammo.
View Quote
Yeah, it’s splitting hairs comparing those two I guess.
I guess I was wondering if the “special sauce” “makeup” of these barrels, along with their government profile made them any more accurate then a standard colt m4 barrel.
Someone send an upper to Molon or send one to me and I’ll compare it to a ff 6920 and ff socom with m193, m855, and mk262. My colts have 16inch barrels but it’ll still be close. I really just want to shoot one of these uppers
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah, it’s splitting hairs comparing those two I guess.
I guess I was wondering if the “special sauce” “makeup” of these barrels, along with their government profile made them any more accurate then a standard colt m4 barrel.
Someone send an upper to Molon or send one to me and I’ll compare it to a ff 6920 and ff socom with m193, m855, and mk262. My colts have 16inch barrels but it’ll still be close. I really just want to shoot one of these uppers
View Quote
Bill G later came out and clarified there was nothing special about the DD barrel metallurgy as he had erroneously believed before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Bill G later came out and clarified there was nothing special about the DD barrel metallurgy as he had erroneously believed before.
View Quote
Oh! I guess I missed that. Thanks for the clarification @C6H12O6 and @MILSPEC556
How did you URGI cloners feel about that? Did the initial thought that these barrels were a bit different then standard DD chf barrels influence y’alls initial purchase?
I know I was initially really curious about these uppers mainly because I genuinely thought the barrels were a bit different then a “standard” DD or FN chf barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Oh! I guess I missed that. Thanks for the clarification @C6H12O6 and @MILSPEC556
How did you URGI cloners feel about that? Did the initial thought that these barrels were a bit different then standard DD chf barrels influence y’alls initial purchase?
I know I was initially really curious about these uppers mainly because I genuinely thought the barrels were a bit different then a “standard” DD or FN chf barrel.
View Quote
IIRC I bought my ‘near clone’ URG-I upper after G made the clarification. I’d had good experiences from DD products before so knowing it was a standard chrome-lined CHF barrel was enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Different barrel nuts, amigo.
View Quote
Well shit. I guess I'll send it to them for the swap.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:57:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnStoner] [#50]
Like the CTR, but Sopmod balances just a little better

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top