Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 208
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Amay1986:

You've made a compelling case. Guess I know what route I'll be going. Just gotta hunt down a badger mount now.

Awesome rifles btw.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

It is a good optic. The right mount is key. I am going to get a badger for mine as well
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/324355/6D391AEC-A73B-4C10-B053-995C3D61C7F4_jpe-2006157.JPG

It is a good optic. The right mount is key. I am going to get a badger for mine as well
View Quote

I've got a badger 1.7 tall on the way. Being so use to a 1.54 (or at least I believe that's it) I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. But it's worth a shot. Hopefully the rifle will be all together in a week or so.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]

NX8 really is a do-all optic. Looks great on just about anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:12:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#4]
I need to get a real and proper scope mount to replace the UTG lightweight, but I'm otherwise considering this one done unless I upgrade the LPVO from a gen 1 PST.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amay1986] [#5]
Here is my newest build. All of you are right the NX8 is an amazing optic. Makes my Leupold lpvo's look bad.

(Hopefully the picture works, I've never been good at it.)

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Amay1986:
Here is my newest build. All of you are right the NX8 is an amazing optic. Makes my Leupold lpvo's look bad.

(Hopefully the picture works, I've never been good at it.)

https://i.imgur.com/hYAiBRl.jpeg
View Quote

Nice looking rig! What barrel length is that? I'm in the process of building something very similar.

I have a Badger 1.7 in DDC. Just trying to save up funds for a NX8 or another Razor 1-6. I haven't decided yet. I know everyone in this thread is hot for the NF, but the FOV/clarity of the Razor makes it king at 1x IMO.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

Nice looking rig! What barrel length is that? I'm in the process of building something very similar.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51326766498_db21bb6f6e_c.jpg

I have a Badger 1.7 in DDC. Just trying to save up funds for a NX8 or another Razor 1-6. I haven't decided yet. I know everyone in this thread is hot for the NF, but the FOV/clarity of the Razor makes it king at 1x IMO.
View Quote

To be brutally honest, I like my Bushnell elite 1-6.5 more than my Razor 1-6. Euro optic was selling them for like 599 and I snagged one. It is lighter, smoother to adjust, come with excellent throw lever, made in Japan and I can’t say enough good things about it. The FDE version is supposed o be significantly better than the black, but I don’t have an FDE to compare the two
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:02:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amay1986] [#9]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51326766498_db21bb6f6e_c.jpg

View Quote

Thank you!

13.9 if I remember correctly. So far I really like the NX8, I try not to automatically be a fan boy of any brand. But for the size and weight it seems hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Upper is:
Anderson keyhole upper
Triarc 2.0 Track barrel 11.5" (really is just over 11.75 which kind of irritated me)
Odin Works gas block with a nitrided gas tube
Midwest Industries 10.5 handguard
some fancy CH, don't remember who
NiB BCG
Trijicon TA31H on an American Defense 1.93 extended eye relief QD mount
Vortex Sparc on a Weaver offset mount
Silencerco ASR FH
Silencerco Specwar 556

Lower:
PSA Gremlin lower with PSA EPT LPK

The barrel does not really like M855 with groups of 3.5-4+ MOA.  M193 was about 2 MOA.

Handguard gets toasty pretty quick.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
https://i.imgur.com/S2iOyCH.jpg
View Quote
Super clean, nicely done man.

How do you like the vudu?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:

Looks like you put the UCIW on a conventional carbine extension.
View Quote

Put it on an A5 extension.  I really like the UCIW stock but no need for the compact tube on this gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Put it on an A5 extension.  I really like the UCIW stock but no need for the compact tube on this gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:

I just so happen to have an Armalite AR10 that came with that size extension, and I have the UCIW as well.

I'm going to see if I like it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]

So close.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Looks good. You still thinking nx8 or maybe K16i?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Maack:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maack:

Thanks @Maack

Yea, I'm moving away from the NX8 after doing more research. I loved how my old Razor 1-6 would disappear at 1x. I've heard the Kahles is similar, but clearer and lighter. I'd like to find a used one to try. I'd be open to a Swaro with the BRT reticle as well although I've heard the Swaros aren't as rugged.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks @Maack

Yea, I'm moving away from the NX8 after doing more research. I loved how my old Razor 1-6 would disappear at 1x. I've heard the Kahles is similar, but clearer and lighter. I'd like to find a used one to try. I'd be open to a Swaro with the BRT reticle as well although I've heard the Swaros aren't as rugged.
View Quote
I don't have time behind the Swaro but their reputation speaks for itself in terms of optical clarity. Fwiw the Kahles - while outstanding in many ways - is not what I'd consider rugged. It won't break if you look at it wrong, but I've seen one lose elevation adjustment after being bumped up against a barricade. Granted, it was a substantial impact.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:04:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#20]
1. Plan up recce-ish build.
2. Troll/subscribe the mini recce thread because, hey more info is good right?
3. While building said recce-ish rifle, fall victim to Arfcom curse of "Get Both!!!!111!!!" and start planning mini-recce build.
4. ??????
5. Definitely don't profit.

You degenerates have cost me even more money. So now I have the following in various parts of the country and assembly:
A NIB BravoCo 14.5" middy 5.56 upper with MCMR rail at D. Wilson getting a SiCo ASR flash hider p&w.
A SiCo Omega 300 sitting in NFA jail.
Magpul AFG2, SF 600V light on inline MLOK mount, and DBAL 2i to be installed on return.
Magpul Pro offset iron sights.
Aero billet lower (lol at the profile view of a dude dropping a big deuce on the side) with Geissele maritime bolt latch, LaRue MBT, Magpul MIAD, and Law Tac folding adapter on a VLTOR A5 with either a CTR or ACS stock.
I've been using a TR25 with a German #4 on my recce which I have liked for that rifle. I am looking at something comparable to that so I am considering another TR25, the Gen 2 Razor (don't really want the tighter eye box and 10x of the Gen3), or a Vudu.
Probably put a Lupi Pro Dot on a 45* offset.
May have a Harris w/LaRue QD mount for it.
Will be posting pics when I get everything in one place, probably next week or so.
Great thread, lots of info, lots of negative influence.

@5pt56, what is the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 gas busters? I think I have two of those and an old SF hider and Warden from builds that never got completed sitting on a shelf. I think the Gen 1 had the sold web between the weinie and the CH, and the Gen 2 had the cutout? Not sure though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
1. Plan up recce-ish build.
2. Troll/subscribe the mini recce thread because, hey more info is good right?
3. While building said recce-ish rifle, fall victim to Arfcom curse of "Get Both!!!!111!!!" and start planning mini-recce build.
4. ??????
5. Definitely don't profit.

You degenerates have cost me even more money. So now I have the following in various parts of the country and assembly:
A NIB BravoCo 14.5" middy 5.56 upper with MCMR rail at D. Wilson getting a SiCo ASR flash hider p&w.
A SiCo Omega 300 sitting in NFA jail.
Magpul AFG2, SF 600V light on inline MLOK mount, and DBAL 2i to be installed on return.
Magpul Pro offset iron sights.
Aero billet lower (lol at the profile view of a dude dropping a big deuce on the side) with Geissele maritime bolt latch, LaRue MBT, Magpul MIAD, and Law Tac folding adapter on a VLTOR A5 with either a CTR or ACS stock.
I've been using a TR25 with a German #4 on my recce which I have liked for that rifle. I am looking at something comparable to that so I am considering another TR25, the Gen 2 Razor (don't really want the tighter eye box and 10x of the Gen3), or a Vudu.
Probably put a Lupi Pro Dot on a 45* offset.
May have a Harris w/LaRue QD mount for it.
Will be posting pics when I get everything in one place, probably next week or so.
Great thread, lots of info, lots of negative influence.

@5pt56, what is the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 gas busters? I think I have two of those and an old SF hider and Warden from builds that never got completed sitting on a shelf. I think the Gen 1 had the sold web between the weinie and the CH, and the Gen 2 had the cutout? Not sure though.
View Quote

Correct, gen 1 has a welded hotdog latch. I'll shoot you a PM and thank you! @m24shooter
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

Correct, gen 1 has a welded hotdog latch. I'll shoot you a PM and thank you! @m24shooter
View Quote

Responded in PM, but if this is quicker it looks like I've just got the Gen 2s. I'll keep looking though because I think I have one somewhere in a box.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gettingthere] [#23]

11 year old Spikes Punisher SBR lower - done for my 10.3 mk18 mod 0 clone back in the day.

Upper is a homebrew Colt receiver, Toolcraft black nitride bcg, 13.2 LaRue rail, 14.5 Noveske Afghan barrel not pinned/welded.
Optic is Trijicon 3-9x40 Accupower - outstanding glass for the money.  Illuminated crosshair.  I like to dial for elevation and hold for wind.  No clutter.  Would buy again.
YHM Ti Phanton 5.56.

Shoots lights out, a bit portly out front as you might imagine.  Really like the concept and am in the process of mentally configuring the one and only truly supreme upper to satiate my needs (zombie apocalypse wet dream).

Right now I'm contemplating going with an 11.3 WC barrel and KAC med RAS after disassembly of my 10.3 upper, but I hate the thought of taking apart a perfectly good, known shooter.  Alternative is spend more and build a complete upper.  Or buy a BCM 11.5 complete.  

Outside of tactical plinking and defending my lawn from gophers, if there's ever a situation where my weapon is being used in anger I don't really anticipate needing 400 yards + given my AO.  So 400-450 yards and in sounds about right for 11.5 ballistics.  Probably a 1-4 or 1-6 optic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By gettingthere:
https://i.imgur.com/hsvVQKO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BudyWrR.jpg

11 year old Spikes Punisher SBR lower - done for my 10.3 mk18 mod 0 clone back in the day.

Upper is 14.5 Noveske Afghan barrel, LaRue 13.2 Rail, not pinned/welded
Optic is Trijicon 3-9x40 Accupower - outstanding glass for the money.  Illuminated crosshair.  I like to dial for elevation and hold for wind.  No clutter.  Would buy again.
YHM Ti Phanton 5.56

Shoots lights out if not a bit big and heavy.  Really like the concept and am in the process of mentally configuring the one and only truly supreme upper to satiate my needs (zombie apocalypse wet dream).

Right now I'm contemplating going with an 11.3 WC barrel and KAC med RAS after disassembly of my 10.3 upper, but I hate the thought of taking apart a perfectly good, known shooter.  Alternative is spend more and build a complete upper.  Or buy a BCM 11.5 complete.  

Outside of tactical plinking and defending my lawn from gophers, if there's ever a situation where my weapon is being used in anger I don't really anticipate needing 400 yards + given my AO.  So 400-450 yards and in sounds about right for 11.5 ballistics.  Probably a 1-4 or 1-6 optic.
View Quote

An 11.3 Medium RAS NX8 is a perfect rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

Waiting on some parts from Cerakote to get done, and my WC bcg to come in for the 300BLK.  Should round out the collection pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I’ve seen quite a few in this thread that I like. However I’m wondering if anyone with a yhm quick detach can has ever successfully paired a barrel and rail and was able to have the yhm mount just inside the rail to get that seamless, zero gap finished product. Looking at some pics around page 133 an image is up that makes me think about 3-5mm shorter barrel or 3-5mm longer rail should do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I have my Colt Cage upper w/ KAC Med Ras and BA 11.3 upper in the EE if anyone interested..
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
I have my Colt Cage upper w/ KAC Med Ras and BA 11.3 upper in the EE if anyone interested..
View Quote

POOF! There went some $$$
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
https://i.imgur.com/hsvVQKO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BudyWrR.jpg

Upper is 14.5 Noveske Afghan barrel, LaRue 13.2 Rail, not pinned/welded
YHM Ti Phanton 5.56

Shoots lights out if not a bit big and heavy.  Really like the concept and am in the process of mentally configuring the one and only truly supreme upper to satiate my needs (zombie apocalypse wet dream).

True story. I don't have an NX8, but who knows what the future holds. The 11.3 Mini NSW is, hands down, my favorite 5.56 right now and I have had quite a few 5.56s. I confess, the AEM4 was approved earlier this month and the mini Holland (I place all blame solely on @Eyekahn for the mini Holland build) might give it a run for it's money once I have the stamp/can in hand.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#30]

True story. I don't have an NX8, but who knows what the future holds. The 11.3 Mini NSW is, hands down, my favorite 5.56 right now and I have had quite a few 5.56s. I confess, the AEM4 was approved earlier this month and the mini Holland (I place all blame solely on @Eyekahn for the mini Holland build) might give it a run for it's money once I have the stamp/can in hand.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51368613207_28a2a91325_z.jpg
View Quote

Pretty sure @Eyekahn is responsible for many folks here spending thousands of dollars with some of the pictures he posts.  Great rifles.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#31]

My new upper thanks to SSOUNN...

Will shoot with the Trijicon 3x9 for the time being and evaluate.  Just handling it I'm super happy with the balance and how it shoulders. Have not shot yet :( but will remedy that when I can get out for an early morning as 108 is a bit warm for me to be shooting in the afternoon.

Does anyone know of a 1-6 variety LPVO that just has a basic crosshair reticle?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#32]
https://i.imgur.com/rVMRmq5.jpg

Will shoot with the Trijicon 3x9 for the time being and evaluate.  Just handling it I'm super happy with the balance and how it shoulders. Have not shot yet :( but will remedy that when I can get out for an early morning as 108 is a bit warm for me to be shooting in the afternoon.

View Quote

Looks good. PST 1-6 has a simple reticle.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Trijicon TR25
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone said magnifiers aren’t allowed, so I’ll post one anyways (cut me some slack, it’s 6x)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone here using a Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 on a 12.5" 5.56?

My SWFA 1-6 magnification ring magically froze up on me today and I may look at other options. Can't get it to turn past 1-1.5x. To their credit, SWFA sent a return label for it but I may only be able to do a trade for another one or store credit.

Trying to figure out if I want to take a chance on another SWFA 1-6 or go with the Trijicon + offset mini red dot. Its a much larger optic at 13" (compared to the SWFA at 10") but weighs nearly the same.

Anything else I should look at that is sub 1k, FFP, compactish? I'd rather not dive into the SFP world or I'd just grab a PST II 1-6 or even a Leupold Patrol 3-9.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PBWalsh:
Anyone here using a Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 on a 12.5" 5.56?

My SWFA 1-6 magnification ring magically froze up on me today and I may look at other options. Can't get it to turn past 1-1.5x. To their credit, SWFA sent a return label for it but I may only be able to do a trade for another one or store credit.

Trying to figure out if I want to take a chance on another SWFA 1-6 or go with the Trijicon + offset mini red dot. Its a much larger optic at 13" (compared to the SWFA at 10") but weighs nearly the same.

Anything else I should look at that is sub 1k, FFP, compactish? I'd rather not dive into the SFP world or I'd just grab a PST II 1-6 or even a Leupold Patrol 3-9.

Thanks!
View Quote

I’m looking to get that Credo as well for my mini. Steiner just wasn’t cutting it. All the reviews are great. What’s the cheapest price you’ve found?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

nice looking rifle. Trijicon accupower, accupoint comes to my mind
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By French1966:
Someone said magnifiers aren’t allowed, so I’ll post one anyways (cut me some slack, it’s 6x)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/40992C23-A0A0-440E-B876-492EC6E92FEE_jpe-2057881.JPG
View Quote

Fuck the rules and tell us how you like that 6x!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

View Quote

I would like to know as well. I want to add a magnifier to one of my setups.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Didn't even realize this thread existed, so I'll report this here.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

I’m looking to get that Credo as well for my mini. Steiner just wasn’t cutting it. All the reviews are great. What’s the cheapest price you’ve found?
View Quote

Around $900 from Euro Optic.

The 13” length is whats holding me back. That doesn’t give much room for hand placement. Cut that down to sub12” and I’d get it.

I’d pay money for Nightforce to produce a NXS 2.5-10x32mm in FFP, non-illuminated, Mil-R reticle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:18:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By French1966:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/40992C23-A0A0-440E-B876-492EC6E92FEE_jpe-2057881.JPG

@Claytonhoneyberry

@2apatriot

It’s the first Aimpoint magnifier I have owned. I got it for what I would say is a good price @ $450 shipped. I would not pay any more money for one. Why I think it isn’t worth more:

I think the glass is of lower quality compared to the Eotech G33 magnifiers I have owned. The glass is noticeably light yellow in color.

The adjustments stick when Zeroing the magnifier to the red dot. Not something I want to see in a quality optic, however not as critical because it is a magnifier and not a scope.

The eye relief is the same as a ta31 Acog, which is about 1.5in (not good). I’ve had to adjust my t2 and magnifier rearward to accommodate that since taking the photo.

The eye box is the absolute tightest of any optic I have ever used (and I have used many). You must keep your head in the exact correct position every time to get a usable sight picture.

It is an overall very unforgiving optic. I am still able to justify using it because:

1) I didn’t pay msrp
2) it does provide 6x magnification, and doesn’t distort the red dot
3) magnifier and mount adds only 11.8oz.
4) can be removed from rifle when needed (if qd mount is used)
5) still allows for true 1x Aimpoint sight picture and all the benefits that come from the T2 such as battery life and illumination.

The 5 points above do hold some advantages over a traditional rifle scope, hence why I am ok with its drawbacks so far.

For anyone who care, the entire optic setup (both optics and mounts) weighs in at 17.23oz

Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Rebuilt one of my 11.5s into something more of an all purpose. Sighted in today. Better pics to come…

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Looks great. Form 1 can?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Looks great. Form 1 can?
View Quote

Yeah. Pretty much copied a turbo t2 as far as the cone layout with a bigger BC
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#48]

Looking at putting a Razor or Vudu on this.
ETA:
This is the P&W job from D. Wilson. Good work and very quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#50]
So I'm almost complete with my mini recce build, its primarily all LMT stuff so its taken quite a while to get to this point lol. I really wanted the shovelnose which now looks like it might realese some time in the near to far off in the distant future, idl but can't get my hands on one so I opted to go with the cqb upper instead and going with the 12' piston. I do have a question for the group and is it necessary to use a bipod with a mini recce? Im gripping the rail right in the middle leaving a about i would say 6 to 7 picatinny slots open.
Page / 208
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top