Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Socomike:

Whats the plan?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cschelk2:
So it's project night while the misses does wedding favors. Stripped my mod o paint then put a base layer of kyl on camo in black but I'm kinda digging it...

<a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/bumpinblaze4x4/media/20140726_192201_zps91fbe8e3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/20140726_192201_zps91fbe8e3.jpg</a>

Whats the plan?

I don't have one, I've done the sponge, the straw/natural pattern, the mesh, the simple two tone stripe.  I'm bored with it and my problem is that I can't just leave any paint job "as is". I guess I painted the fde pri handguard to give a uniform base to the entire rifle so when my future paint job starts to show wear, it's all a uniform black base. My mod 1 is a krylon camo khaki and a rustoleum rust brown color.  I wasn't big on the sponge look and I personally only like the mesh look when it's really worn.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
So mesh that shit and wear it out!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MegaTarsal] [#3]
Been there. Done that.

But.....what colors?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thinking about building another Mk12 upper. Which barrel should I go with, Centurion or HCS?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By cschelk2:

Been there. Done that.

But.....what colors?
View Quote

Don't overthink it. Khaki and FDE; shoot the lighter color first, lay mesh down, shoot FDE, then reposition the mesh and fog it with khaki afterwards. You'll get what looks like three or even four colors all blending together.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Curious, have pictures been posted of Mod 1's using Larue SPR mounts? I vaguely remember it, but would like to see it again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#7]
Curious, have pictures been posted of Mod 1's using Larue SPR mounts? I vaguely remember it, but would like to see it again.
View Quote

Two that I know of. Here is one. I'll edit with the other momentarily.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Im considering the SPR mount for my build.  Much like the bottom rifle, I was also considering a offset Doc.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Im considering the SPR mount for my build.  Much like the bottom rifle, I was also considering a offset Doc.
View Quote

Glass1 posted another picture of that bottom rifle .
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#10]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

http://www.badgerordnance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mod1.jpg
View All Quotes

Hey thanks man.  I appreciate it.  Open Question to the hive. How would you do it? ARMS rings or Larue SPR for an upper that may spend some time on duty (LEO)? Which SPR mount is the mount in the picture?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Secretwheelman, I love the camo job on your rifle in the previous page. Great job.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Hey thanks man.  I appreciate it.  Open Question to the hive. How would you do it? ARMS rings or Larue SPR for an upper that may spend some time on duty (LEO)? Which SPR mount is the mount in the picture?
View All Quotes

For a MOD 1, ARMS 22Hs...

It looks like the "standard"  one....as in not the Extended eye relief nor the 1.93" high line of sight version.  NOT sure on the ring diameter...cant afford those scopes to figure out...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

It looks like the "standard"  one....as in not the Extended eye relief nor the 1.93" high line of sight version.  NOT sure on the ring diameter...cant afford those scopes to figure out...
View All Quotes

LaRue hands down. I dig ARMS but there are better choices, and when in an LEO role especially, I would always take the better choice.

I think that mount is a LaRue LT139.

Look up the "SPR-E" mount
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
I can tell you right now youre gonna get a shit storm of comments about ur nightforce on the rail and how itll never keep zero mounted like that. Besides that, what barrel and trigger did you use?
View Quote

Great point everyone about the way my scope straddles the rail and upper. I should have mentioned that the picture is a "before" picture. I readjusted the rings and placed the scope only on the upper receiver once Mattyvac pointed that out to me after I had posted this picture earlier this week and before I took it out to the range. I'll try and post an "after" picture showing my adjustment.

As for the trigger, I'm using a Geissele SSA-E on the Mod 1 and I really like the feel. Ammo? Once I was close (on the black part of the target), I switched to some Black Hills MK262 SMK 77gr. Before that, I was using some PMC 55g just to get it on paper at 100 yards.

As previously mentioned, I just need to get out more and sling some lead down range.

Utah, I've got four cans of paint that I purchased just for painting my MK12's, but I just can't seem to pop the cherry. I think one day I'll reach down, grab the sack, and say, "fuck it!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By usn1986:
Great point everyone about the way my scope straddles the rail and upper. I should have mentioned that the picture is a "before" picture. I readjusted the rings and placed the scope only on the upper receiver once Mattyvac pointed that out to me after I had posted this picture earlier this week and before I took it out to the range. I'll try and post an "after" picture showing my adjustment.

As for the trigger, I'm using a Geissele SSA-E on the Mod 1 and I really like the feel. Ammo? Once I was close (on the black part of the target), I switched to some Black Hills MK262 SMK 77gr. Before that, I was using some PMC 55g just to get it on paper at 100 yards.

As previously mentioned, I just need to get out more and sling some lead down range.

Utah, I've got four cans of paint that I purchased just for painting my MK12's, but I just can't seem to pop the cherry. I think one day I'll reach down, grab the sack, and say, "fuck it!"
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By deuc224:

I can tell you right now youre gonna get a shit storm of comments about ur nightforce on the rail and how itll never keep zero mounted like that. Besides that, what barrel and trigger did you use?

The first spray is always the hardest. Once you get past that; it's easy.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Premier scopes are 34mm, at least the optic in the picture is. It is a LT139
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SGT2LT:

View All Quotes

LT104 with 34mm rings...

The LT139 is with the rear ring  "at the front" of the "base"...

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Good looking out. I'll stay in my "chimney."
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:03:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Good looking out. I'll stay in my "chimney."
View Quote
We could avoid confusion and just go with the LT111/ NF 3.5-15 combo. There are at least two "wild" mod1's running this setup.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Definitely the Larue mount...it's just better...plus if you choose to get rid of it they almost go for as much used as new.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:48:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jdr724] [#21]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#22]
If you guys are going to ask "what rings are spec" the ONLY answer is the ARMS #22H rings for a Mod 1. All of this talk about "Well I saw this mount" and "well this SF guy has this mount" is not what the clone thread is for. If we tried to clone every single individual setup from SF/ODA/blah blah whatever we would end up with 100 different configurations.

Have larue mounts and others been used in the wild? By an SF guy? By the army or marines at some shooting competition? Sure they have, but when you receive your MOD 1 out of the box from CRANE there is ONLY ONE specs, and that's the spec this thread was intended to show.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
If you guys are going to ask "what rings are spec" the ONLY answer is the ARMS #22H rings for a Mod 1. All of this talk about "Well I saw this mount" and "well this SF guy has this mount" is not what the clone thread is for. If we tried to clone every single individual setup from SF/ODA/blah blah whatever we would end up with 100 different configurations.

Have larue mounts and others been used in the wild? By an SF guy? By the army or marines at some shooting competition? Sure they have, but when you receive your MOD 1 out of the box from CRANE there is ONLY ONE specs, and that's the spec this thread was intended to show.
View Quote

No one asked what the spec was. I asked if there were pictures showing the larue. Then asked what other guys would use in my situation.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#24]

No one asked what the spec was. I asked if there were pictures showing the larue. Then asked what other guys would use in my situation.
View All Quotes

Matty might be right, but he's also the same clown with a URX on a "Mk12".

Mike, what's your mounting dilemma again?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

No dilemma, really. I have a set of 22H's with the intention of using a trc and trr on the rear ring ala lone survivor movie.  I was just stirring some conversation on mounting solutions on the mod 1. Since so many have been seen in the wild, I was looking for opinions on directions I could take.

My real dilemma is my rail is MIA through fedex and is 2 days late. This rail is probably irreplaceable...more so than the RAS.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#26]

No dilemma, really. I have a set of 22H's with the intention of using a trc and trr on the rear ring ala lone survivor movie.  I was just stirring some conversation on mounting solutions on the mod 1. Since so many have been seen in the wild, I was looking for opinions on directions I could take.

My real dilemma is my rail is MIA through fedex and is 2 days late. This rail is probably irreplaceable...more so than the RAS.
View All Quotes

Well no one here should have an issue with an LT mount since we've seen them in the wild. Totally up to you, bru.

Did you score an early generation PRi tube?!

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Well no one here should have an issue with an LT mount since we've seen them in the wild. Totally up to you, bru.

Its a secret (check your PMs)

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#28]
NOT MINE BUT IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR ONE

A.R.M.S. #38 PEQ SWAN SLEEVE
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Mod 0 - check

" />

Mod 1 - check

" />

Mod Holland - need

I'm about to get all my shit thrown out on the front lawn by my wife once she sees the parts start to get delivered for the Holland build.

I've already ordered the barrel. As for the rail, what is the correct spec for a Holland build? Insight much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Mod 0 - check

http://<a href=http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b589/rootdog1179/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7bf02ffb.jpg</a>" />

Mod 1 - check

http://<a href=http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b589/rootdog1179/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc213e163.jpg</a>" />

Mod Holland - need

I'm about to get all my shit thrown out on the front lawn by my wife once she sees the parts start to get delivered for the Holland build.

I've already ordered the barrel. As for the rail, what is the correct spec for a Holland build? Insight much appreciated.
View Quote

Spec for the holland is the rifle length gen 3 tube. Just like the mod 0.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Mod 0 - check

http://<a href=http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b589/rootdog1179/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7bf02ffb.jpg</a>" />

Mod 1 - check

http://<a href=http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b589/rootdog1179/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc213e163.jpg</a>" />

Mod Holland - need

View Quote

Just get all the parts sent to my house and she will never know
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

This one Mike? Will I need any of that A.R.M.S. swan sleeve rail stuff or just the Gen III rail?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Highlande2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Highlande2:
Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

Might have to take you up on that! However, I may be bringing all my shit so I have a place to hang my hat!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#34]

This one Mike? Will I need any of that A.R.M.S. swan sleeve rail stuff or just the Gen III rail?

View All Quotes

Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

Yes, that's the one but get the FDE color to be exact. No need for any SWAN or PRi top rail variants unless you wish to use ARMS rings and bridge the gap. LT-104 mounts are clone-proper, too, don't forget.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Yes, that's the one but get the FDE color to be exact. No need for any SWAN or PRi top rail variants unless you wish to use ARMS rings and bridge the gap. LT-104 mounts are clone-proper, too, don't forget.

View All Quotes
Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

yeah, what he said
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

Haha! You're going to force me to paint my shit with the FED one huh, Utah?!?!? I may just order that color so I do have to paint it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Haha! You're going to force me to paint my shit with the FED one huh, Utah?!?!? I may just order that color so I do have to paint it.
View All Quotes
Mod 0 - check

Mod 1 - check

Mod Holland - need

You don't have to paint it. Spec is for the FDE rail.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

What a fuckin' tease.

If it's MIA, we need a description of said rail so that a search party can be organized.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm getting the Mod 1 bug and I'm not even done with my Holland
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Page 556 needs a pic dump.  What say you, Utah?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#41]
What sort of rifle case are you guys using when heading to and from the range? I'm wondering if the LaRue Covert rifle case will work with a fixed stock and scoped 18" upper.

Cases besides the clone correct Pelican case of course
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I happen to have a covert case. Love it, but  a 16" barreled upper so pretty tight. There are endless possibilities though, so I'm sure someone could chime In that has better input. I'd go for an eberlestock Secret Weapon pack.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I happen to have a covert case. Love it, but  a 16" barreled upper so pretty tight. There are endless possibilities though, so I'm sure someone could chime In that has better input. I'd go for an eberlestock Secret Weapon pack.
View Quote

Do you have the Mk2 or original version? They increased the size by a few inches to better accommodate 18" uppers. I've sent an inquiry to them already.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
What a fuckin' tease.

If it's MIA, we need a description of said rail so that a search party can be organized.

View All Quotes

What a fuckin' tease.

Here's a hint. It's not a PRi product. It's going on a mod 1. There isn't another in this thread and there were only a few in existance when they were made
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Here's a hint. It's not a PRi product. It's going on a mod 1. There isn't another in this thread and there were only a few in existance when they were made
View All Quotes

What a fuckin' tease.

"M4 sniper" marked KAC FF RAS?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

What a fuckin' tease.

Even more rare
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Even more rare
View All Quotes

Even more rare
We talkin' prototype of some sort?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#48]

View All Quotes

Even more rare

We are talking a KAC RAS from the early 2000s made by another company, with said company's markings on it, that was made to fulfill a military order....so prototype, not really. Limited run less than 10-15 units. Yes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#49]

We are talking a KAC RAS from the early 2000s made by another company, with said company's markings on it, that was made to fulfill a military order....so prototype, not really. Limited run less than 10-15 units. Yes.
View All Quotes

Even more rare

P&S products?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:16:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#50]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

P&S products?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Even more rare

P&S products?

No. I don't want the cat out of the bag yet incase there is some glaring irregularity that I haven't seen yet. I want to get it in my hands and make sure I have what I have. It's a company that you would never expect. From visual inspection and preliminary measurement, I have what I think I have.
Page / 1193
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top