Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1195
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I really didn't mind before.....but now it's driving me nuts!  The short collars look like fuckin penis helmets. Guess I'll be jumping on the band wagon.
" />
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
So are the long collars for aesthetics or are they necessary for the suppressor? My HCS upper has the short collar and I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
So are the long collars for aesthetics or are they necessary for the suppressor? My HCS upper has the short collar and I'm wondering.
View Quote

Aesthetics, mainly. The shoulders are in the same location regardless of length. All military issued Mk12s had long collars, so they're more in demand.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
I really didn't mind before.....but now it's driving me nuts!  The short collars look like fuckin penis helmets. Guess I'll be jumping on the band wagon.
http://<a href=http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww245/Davey_Sickboy/20150930_121950-01_zpsc8xd0vvw.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

I actually laughed pretty hard at penis helmet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah Davey thats why i had to remove mine asap lol. Fuckin penis helmet was killin me
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
PRI is having an inventory reduction sale dudes, if you're wanting PRI Gas Blockss or Gasbusters, handguards, etc now seems to be the time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Mailman was good to me today:

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#8]

If it's marked TS-30, I'll strangle you while you sleep.

Doin' inventory, end of the month shit at work, and I'm stuck working late. A man can only take so much.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
Mailman was good to me today:

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/EF4781EA-8A05-4912-9E2C-A00924751996_zpsbvrjrarb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/EF4781EA-8A05-4912-9E2C-A00924751996_zpsbvrjrarb.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice!

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#10]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

Doin' inventory, end of the month shit at work, and I'm stuck working late. A man can only take so much.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

sadly it is not marked TS30.  It is a Mildot reticle. Which I like.

MK4 MR/T 3-9X36 with M3 turrets. The Ebay ad said M2, but looking at the pics after I bought it and calling Leupold it was special ordered with M3 elevation. They will change to M2 for 90 bucks. I paid $800 and it came with a set of lever stops #22 highs, Leupold brand ARD and Leupold brand lens caps. Also came with a "Mk12 mod 1 77grn" big font turret and an OEM 168 grn 308 turret.

In hindsight I while I am happy  with this, but probably should have just stuck with my 2.5-8 which I sold for 800 bucks. I figured it was straight across trade at 800/800 and I'd get a set of high rings, a kill flash and leupold caps out of it. The AD said "M2 turrets" but now I have to send it in to have it changed to actually have the M2. So maybe if I sell the rings I'll have broken even. I honestly didn't know it was the Same magnification. I honestly though I was getting one more power lol.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]

MK4 MR/T 3-9X36 with M3 turrets. The Ebay ad said M2, but looking at the pics after I bought it and calling Leupold it was special ordered with M3 elevation. They will change to M2 for 90 bucks. I paid $800 and it came with a set of lever stops #22 highs, Leupold brand ARD and Leupold brand lens caps. Also came with a "Mk12 mod 1 77grn" big font turret and an OEM 168 grn 308 turret.
View All Quotes

Lucky for you.

Hell of a buy, though.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]
You think so? I was wondering if I paid too much haha
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:10:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#13]
View Quote

No, I think you did just fine.

Mailman was good to me today, too. Off to go paint.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
It looks to be in pretty good shape, externally at least.

For that money, most people would only have glass in hand. The extra shit is just icing on the cake.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View All Quotes

Hell, that could mean anything coming from you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Something simple today, but it means I have to tear down and paint both Mk12s.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Ooh ooh. I think know what it is... Pick me teacher!!! It rhymes with "shmarms 22 mings"
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]

In hindsight I while I am happy  with this, but probably should have just stuck with my 2.5-8 which I sold for 800 bucks. I figured it was straight across trade at 800/800 and I'd get a set of high rings, a kill flash and leupold caps out of it. The AD said "M2 turrets" but now I have to send it in to have it changed to actually have the M2. So maybe if I sell the rings I'll have broken even. I honestly didn't know it was the Same magnification. I honestly though I was getting one more power lol.
View All Quotes

They renamed the 3-9 to more accurately reflect the actual magnification., so they should provide roughly the same mag.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Ooh ooh. I think know what it is... Pick me teacher!!! It rhymes with "shmarms 22 mings"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Not yet on those, but soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#20]
A1 lower???

Lance in your opinion is there more clone value in having a 3-9x36 over the 2.5-8x36?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#21]
A1 lower???
View Quote

Already had one of those.

It's nothing fancy.  Just another hardly noticeable detail change.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Alright man I give up. What is it????
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#23]
I'll get there.  I look forward to the disappointment when the reveal shows the change is pointless.

Decided while I have the Mod 0 in pieces to post a comparison between an original Ops Inc 12th long and Glass1's.

Ops long, Glass1, Ops short. Tall guy in the back is an AE M4 to SPR.

Identical in every way save for the larger set screw which I really appreciate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
The larger screw is really nice. I didn't know enough to think that it was different than the Ops Long Collar or not that way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my long collars in yesterday, very nice.  Matches the BO gas block finish perfectly on my MOD 1.  Out of curiosity measured my HCS douglas barrel shoulder to collar, and it seems to be about 1/4
short of the spec 2".

I suspect the collar step is machined were it is supposed to be, but the muzzle threads were machined about 1/4" too much accounting for the distance from shoulder to step being short.  The end of the barrel/crown sticks out about that much when fully torqued down with the supplied crush washer.

Kind of disapointed with HCS's QC as of late.  You spend alot of money to buy the closest to "spec" as possible, and you get the opposite.  It's not a big deal in the whole scheme of things.  I don't live in a free state and don't ever foresee mounting a suppressor, but it would still be nice to get what you pay for when you dole out top dollar.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Well this looks goofy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#27]
Originally Posted By HardballR:
Got my long collars in yesterday, very nice.  Matches the BO gas block finish perfectly on my MOD 1.  Out of curiosity measured my HCS douglas barrel shoulder to collar, and it seems to be about 1/4
short of the spec 2".

I suspect the collar step is machined were it is supposed to be, but the muzzle threads were machined about 1/4" too much accounting for the distance from shoulder to step being short.  The end of the barrel/crown sticks out about that much when fully torqued down with the supplied crush washer.

Kind of disapointed with HCS's QC as of late.  You spend alot of money to buy the closest to "spec" as possible, and you get the opposite.  It's not a big deal in the whole scheme of things.  I don't live in a free state and don't ever foresee mounting a suppressor, but it would still be nice to get what you pay for when you dole out top dollar.
View Quote

And you're measuring from the middle of the taper on the collar (where the can would touch the collars taper) to the shoulder right? That is what I believe should be 2 inches. And to those who would say "who cares shoot the hell out of it.".. This isn't a debate about how many threads you should have. When I went I put my can on it basically didn't go all the way around once. As much as I advocate for shooting the hell out of anything (all about it) I do not want to have someone ruin a can they wanted a year for because we told them to shoot It without their can properly attached.

Much love to all the brother that have helped me in this thread with awesome advice.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#28]

And you're measuring from the middle of the taper on the collar (where the can would touch the collars taper) to the shoulder right? That is what I believe should be 2 inches. And to those who would say "who cares shoot the hell out of it.".. This isn't a debate about how many threads you should have. When I went I put my can on it basically didn't go all the way around once. As much as I advocate for shooting the hell out of anything (all about it) I do not want to have someone ruin a can they wanted a year for because we told them to shoot It without their can properly attached.

Much love to all the brother that have helped me in this thread with awesome advice.
View All Quotes
short of the spec 2".

Yes.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I got some good news and bad news.

The good news:

My AEM5 to M4 collar and flash hider came in from ADCO.

The bad news:

The collar was missing the set screw, but....The SIG barrel is a bit too big in diameter to work with the collar. Literally like 0.5mm too big. It's also a bit longer by about 0.02"

The better news:

I called Ron Allen, and he's freakin' awesome.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#30]
And done until my rings come in Saturday or Monday.

Matches up well enough from a distance.

Went from this

To this

That's it. Nothing fancy at all, but it crosses off one of the last to-dos on this rifle.

No winged swan logos on this rifle.  

Last two things to do, change the podloc and switch to a full address set screw FSB.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#32]

And done until my rings come in Saturday or Monday.

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/957465_mod0newup.jpg

Matches up well enough from a distance.

Went from this

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/953983_ckeyhole.jpg

To this

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/990962_caf.jpg

That's it. Nothing fancy at all, but it crosses off one of the last to-dos on this rifle.

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/940341_swan1.jpg

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/829808_swan2.jpg

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/622120_arms17.jpg

No winged swan logos on this rifle.  

Last two things to do, change the podloc and switch to a full address set screw FSB.
View Quote
Very, very nice.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I've used ADCO several times, but I can't recall if they are able to modify a standard 18" barrel to the correct Mk12 profile?  I have a standard DD 18" barrel (mid length) that I am working on.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#34]

Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

I've used ADCO several times, but I can't recall if they are able to modify a standard 18" barrel to the correct Mk12 profile?  I have a standard DD 18" barrel (mid length) that I am working on.
View Quote

It would be cheaper to get the measurements of your barrel and call up Ron Allen and have him make a AEM5 to M4 barrel collar. Or, you you give me dimensions of yours, I may be able to tell you if the ones offered will work.

Ron is making me a collar at no charge because the one I had wouldn't fit (AEM5 to M4 barrel). Classy man and great guy.

Or White Oak barrels are like $275ish

ADCO should be able to profile the barrel for the ARM5/12th Model
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Love that upper Hunterex!!!! I love it!

Bohguy needs one of those...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#36]
View Quote

For a MK12? You gotta get rifle gas and a Douglas in my opinion

Edit: make it 1/7 while you're at it
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks DD...I might just send it off and have them work it real time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#38]

View All Quotes

So like all the incorrect barrels used in m4 clone builds and CQBR's?  You are poo pooing WOA and BCM Mk12 profiled barrels?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Love that upper Hunterex!!!! I love it!

Bohguy needs one of those...
View Quote

I've got that armalite I'm sitting on for a rainy day
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

WOA Master Race
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Or I could just relocate gas port, have adco make cuts, and have the only legit profiled DD Mk12 in existence.....mind blower
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#42]

So like all the incorrect barrels used in m4 clone builds and CQBR's?  You are poo pooing WOA and BCM Mk12 profiled barrels?
View All Quotes

I won't poo poo WOA or BA or BCM they seem to be correct dimensions.

But one time at my work I met a guy who was on the team that developed the Mk12 SPR and when I told him I was gonna build one he said repeatedly "remember the barrel is the heart of the weapon system"... I inquired and he said Douglas 1/7 rifle gas 18 inch ...

Now true there have been some barrels in this thread lately that have been made incorrectly (wrong dimensions) but if I'm building my MK12 I'm gonna spend an extra $100 dollars (these systems are 4k total, what's 100 bucks for the right part?) to have right one for a lifetime.

I started out planning on a Noveske switchblock barrel and the wrong scope.... Over time you come to realize that clones are well... Different. I don't try to better the gun. I try to replicate the gun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#43]

I'll get there.  I look forward to the disappointment when the reveal shows the change is pointless.

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/235132_opscollars.jpg

Decided while I have the Mod 0 in pieces to post a comparison between an original Ops Inc 12th long and Glass1's.

View Quote

can you throw a caliper on the inside and let us know the top an bottom measurements?

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:29:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#44]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

can you throw a caliper on the inside and let us know the top an bottom measurements?

View All Quotes

http://img.pixady.com/2015/10/235132_opscollars.jpg

Be happy to when I find my calipers. I can tell you that it fits loose on Bison barrels and fits just right on Ballistic Advantage, requiring a bump over my paint. I think you just got screwed by tolerance stacking.

ETA - So the Mod 0 got disassembled again because I managed to strip out not one but both lugs in the top rail of the PRi handguard.  PRi gets another $45 from me. In the meanwhile, gotta make lemonade out of this so....  

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Lemonade.....

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Lemonade.....

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s23.postimg.org/b05wjnpjv/20151001_231853.jpg</a>

View Quote

That's a mighty fine glass of lemonade you got there....your gonna be attracting some thirsty motherfuckers
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
PRI is having an inventory reduction sale dudes, if you're wanting PRI Gas Blockss or Gasbusters, handguards, etc now seems to be the time.
View Quote

Was it on their site? I couldn't find anything on sale. I'm probably just late as always.  :(
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Yes.  

View All Quotes

short of the spec 2".

Yes.  

This is what I was posting about the other day ...Exact same issue it seems. I ordered a spacer from ADCO and it's on it's way right now. You should do the same for the peace of mind. I'll post some pics when I get it on my Mod 1.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Was it on their site? I couldn't find anything on sale. I'm probably just late as always.  :(
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

towards the upper right of their website....."Inventory Reduction Sale".
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#50]
2006 build from Vince Jiga... Thought I'd show some pics in here even though its in the rifle sale section...

Enjoy~

If got a bunch of original Vince rifle pics if anyone is interested I'll post them...
Enjoy -

J

Page / 1195
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top