User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1196
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:37:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blcouch:
I was in the Mk12 Mod 0 and 1 pic thread from August 2006 but I just looked and the pictures are long gone so here:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-8995-262863.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-8994-262862.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-8993-262860.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-1193-262859.JPG

I just realized hat the mag in the top two pics is one that came from Iraq circa 2007. A Friend of a Friend and all that.

That upper was assembled by WES with parts I sent him except for the BCG. The lower was my doing. It arrived the Friday after Katrina hit. I had him overnight it because I had family down there with serious security issues and they knew I was a 'gun guy'. Not that I would have shot anyone at scope-needed distances, but better to have and not need and all that. The Algiers Militia kinda helped quell some of the lootlums. Anyway......

And this is the dedicated.22 Mod1 I just built:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-0688-262865.JPG

It uses a 261 bolt carrier group and Douglass barrel from CLE. Everything else is full on Mk12 goodness.  I even have my KAC 'stripped lower' on there ;)
View Quote
That looks awesome!!! I see the Arms Med rings, what Arms rail are they on?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By EagleBeak:
We have a Czech guy in the house?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EagleBeak:
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Dobrze Sir!!

We have a Czech guy in the house?
Its Polish for well done Sir IIRC
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Sling mounts are ITAR(ded)?
View Quote
Doesn't seem like they should be right.  Mr D can expand on the details, but I do recall the posts on the ordeal of getting one as he could not find anyone to ship one to CA.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mister_Donut] [#4]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Doesn't seem like they should be right.  Mr D can expand on the details, but I do recall the posts on the ordeal of getting one as he could not find anyone to ship one to CA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Sling mounts are ITAR(ded)?
This is true, it was a collosal pain in the dick to get one.  Basically, no retailer in the US can simply sell it to me and mail it across the border to me in Canada.  

I eventually got one privately, but if I wanted to buy a $30 part, I could have paid a company like irunguns.com, have them buy it, complete the proper export documents (they apparently have some sort of special super duper ITAR export license), then they ship it to their warehouse in Canada, and then they ship it to me.  Probably  would have cost $200 in fees just to do all the proper paper work.....all for a $30 part.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Errrrrrr......I THINK the #36(or 38) S-EX. It's also on the FDNY gun Coldbore redid and one other on I've seen in Iraq. I don't know if you can still get them but I need one for my rimfire Mod1.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Errrrrrr......I THINK the #36(or 38) S-EX. It's also on the FDNY gun Coldbore redid and one other on I've seen in Iraq. I don't know if you can still get them but I need one for my rimfire Mod1.
View All Quotes
The 5.56 S-EX without the sight (#36) I believe is NLA. ARMS still seems to have the 5.56 #38 S-EX listed on their finally updated website, but honestly who knows how they're still in business right now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Will be at Manatee Gun Club tomorrow with the Mod Juan if anyone wants to come out.  Been a few years since I've been down this way and figured I'd get some dope while I'm visiting the parents.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

The 5.56 S-EX without the sight (#36) I believe is NLA. ARMS still seems to have the 5.56 #38 S-EX listed on their finally updated website, but honestly who knows how they're still in business right now.
View Quote
I kinda gathered the NLA part from recent google searches.  I just ordered a rail that was listed as the #36 S-EX. I'll know in 2 weeks when I get home if it is the right one. If so, I may order a few more as an investment/source for other builders.  If I had known what the KAC forends would be fetching on GunBroker I would have stacked those deep.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Still the wrong glass and I took some creative liberty with the ergo stock
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AL1EN:
https://i.imgur.com/J1xL7Qx.jpg
View Quote
So close, yet so far
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
Have a bit of a dilemma here, maybe you guys can help me out.

I was excited to get in on the batch of M16A1 lowers that Brownells had last month for full price, $150 for my mod 1 clone. I have had that squirreled away in the safe until I can collect all the parts to do the build all at once. I noticed Brownells still has them in stock on their website, however they are the blem model with the safety markings on the right side where it should be blank, they are selling for $125. This got me thinking that I never did pay attention to the lower I got. I checked it out and sure enough they sent me blem model for the full $150 price when I purchased it as a non blem model.

I contacted their customer service and got this back:

So it's good they are willing to do a full refund. I'm still upset though as I was looking for a non blem good to go A1 lower.

My options:
Get full refund on the blem lower and wait god knows how long for Nodak or Brownells to get regular A1 lowers back in stock
Ask for partial refund and get $25 refunded and use the blem as it is with markings on the wrong side. Sucks to pay such a premium for a lower and have it not correct.
Ask for partial refund and send it off to be engraved with "GM Hydramatic" markings on the left side and ask them to fill in the blem markings on the right side. (I think this option looks appealing, Anyone have a good contact for these engravings and cost for filling in the wrong markings?)

http://i.imgur.com/0eWEOsM.jpg
View Quote
If your gonna rattle can the lower anyway, then just take a little JB Weld, old credit card, and drag it along the wrong markings while filing in the engraving. Let dry, and sand smooth. Unless that illegal, then don't do that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

So close, yet so far
View Quote
Story of my life.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#13]
https://i.imgur.com/J1xL7Qx.jpg
View Quote
The glass you get a pass on but the stock, the stock....my god man...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

The glass you get a pass on but the stock, the stock....my god man...
View Quote
The stock is for my EOD mk18 that I'm building
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]

The stock is for my EOD mk18 that I'm building
View Quote
Whew...you had me worried for a bit.  Post up that EOD build when it's done.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Will do! Gonna be a bit tho building on a budget. Hellabroke
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
So I received my TRC,  and TRR today
Attachment Attached File
And then this happened Attachment Attached File

The spacing on the rail is goofy. Is there a mount for an RMR that will fit the TRR?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blcouch] [#18]
Originally Posted By kb1:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61393/20170727-165459-1512x2016-264544.JPGAnd then this happened https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61393/20170727-165429-1512x2016-264545.JPG
The spacing on the rail is goofy. Is there a mount for an RMR that will fit the TRR?
View Quote
This may sound crazy but hey, it's Arfcom:

A file.  If you want the mount to fit NOW, don't want to spend another dime and this a working gun and not a safe queen, use a good new file and file a notch in.  I filed a $400 pistol barrel to fit because a 'former Colt custom shop gunsmith' couldn't put a notch in the right place. I works. You may not be one of those guys but if I've  learned anything here in 13 years it's to weigh all the costs and risks and if the simplest answer is to diy then go for it. You'll have your red dot mounted, some 'street cred' and a sense of pride, especially if it works out right.  Take your time, go slow and use the right tools.  A cheap digital caliper is a God send on these type projects.  YMMV.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]

A file.  If you want the mount to fit NOW, don't want to spend another dime and this a working gun and not a safe queen, use a good new file and file a notch in.  I filed a $400 pistol barrel to fit because a 'former Colt custom shop gunsmith' couldn't put a notch in the right place. I works. You may not be one of those guys but if I've  learned anything here in 13 years it's to weigh all the costs and risks and if the simplest answer is to diy then go for it. You'll have your red dot mounted, some 'street cred' and a sense of pride, especially if it works out right.  Take your time, go slow and use the right tools.  A cheap digital caliper is a God send on these type projects.  YMMV.  Good luck!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kb1:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61393/20170727-165459-1512x2016-264544.JPGAnd then this happened https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61393/20170727-165429-1512x2016-264545.JPG

Normally, yep would have already happened . Problem is that no matter how I place the mount, I would need to notch over one of the screws used to secure the TRR .
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been pondering a build for several years.  Ended up building a budget 18" but still yearning for a spr.  How hard is it to source parts for these?  Debating on itching that scratch.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
I've been pondering a build for several years.  Ended up building a budget 18" but still yearning for a spr.  How hard is it to source parts for these?  Debating on itching that scratch.
View Quote
Which model?  0,1 or H?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:19:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blcouch] [#23]
View Quote
It seems the most hard parts to come by are:

KAC FFRAS Long

Certain SWAN sleeves by A.R.M.S

MAYBE certain flip up sights

The NF "correct" scope

The Leupold "correct" scope

These things are kinda like M40Ax rifles: in the early years there were set 'items' that were canon and anything else was an interpretation, not a clone. Now, as time has gone on, more scopes have been used, different stocks, ect.  You have to make the decision to make an "original" clone, i.e. circa 2001-2005, or something more contemporary. It's your rifle so it's up to you to decide if you want a CLONE of a specific type, a CLONE of a specific rifle pictured in a .mil photo or just a great shooting rifle you're proud of.  I'm building am M40A1 clone that is correct for every detail except I'm having a brake and suppressor mounted. No photos exist of such an animal but I have it on good authority that they did exist in extremely limited numbers.  That and I don't shoot unsuppressed guns anymore.  So to the Clone Army, it won't be 100% correct. But it will be absolutely correct in every detail other than the brake and can, and that's good enough for me(though later rifles such as the A5 did use brakes and cans). Good luck and search long and often in every forum on the net.  You may find everything you need and you may not.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Which model?  0,1 or H?
View Quote
Preferably 0.  If that's too tough I'd do 1, not H.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AL1EN] [#25]

Preferably 0.  If that's too tough I'd do 1, not H.
View Quote
late mod 0 or early mod 0?

www.precisionreflex.com

has all you need to get started. but good luck finding the original swan sleeve
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#26]
More parts came in:

A sum of the parts:

I was going to wait until I got everything, but I couldn't resist last night so I started to piece it together.

As you can see, the barrel is completely wrong. It's not a bad barrel, in fact, this particular Colt HBAR produced sub MOA groups, but I didn't like the look of the build it was sitting in so I parted out the rifle, kept the barrel and started collecting Mk12ish parts.

Since the barrel was not correct, I had no idea where to mount the collar, so trial and error, I had it pretty close to the gas block at first.

Later on, I shifted it forward.  It doesn't look horrendous, but the barrel is clearly two inches too long to be considered a proper clone.

I threw my Patrol on there, which looks slightly off, but at least the rings are somewhat correct, lol! Also just grabed a bipod adapter and one of my Champion pivot bipods. I'll spring for the correct mount and a Harris one day, but I'm not in a hurry for those parts.

I borrowed the lower from my Mk18 just to see what a complete rifle would look like, and I like what I have so far.  It's not perfect, but I like the look a lot more than this:

I'm still waiting out on those stripped SR-15 lowers, and a few other bits here and there.  Will post pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blcouch] [#27]
Attachment Attached File

The measurment of 2.018 is the distance from the end of the brake external threads to the front edge of the TAPER of the collar. Even if not a 'correct' barrel, at least the distance would theoretically, not practically, allow the can to index properly.  In a fashion it would be 'correct'.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:42:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kb1] [#28]
Technically not clone correct, but it'll be close to the movie . Just need to chop the extra rail off. It will be nice to have a rds as well.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#29]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-2337-264943.JPG

The measurment of 2.018 is the distance from the end of the brake external threads to the front edge of the TAPER of the collar. Even if not a 'correct' barrel, at least the distance would theoretically, not practically, allow the can to index properly.  In a fashion it would be 'correct'.
View Quote
Wow, thanks for that!  Will have to readjust.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:

Wow, thanks for that!  Will have to readjust.
View Quote
No problem. In fact here's all the specs if anyone wants to make a solid dummy can or what not.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#31]

No problem. In fact here's all the specs if anyone wants to make a solid dummy can or what not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG-2336-264961.JPG
View Quote
Would be cool to have a dummy can on there for photos.  

I managed to find an airsoft can for my Mk18, but I would never think of shooting with it on.  Maybe I can source an airsoft can for the Mk12, but not sure I'd be able to find one that has matching threading.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Would be cool to have a dummy can on there for photos.  

I managed to find an airsoft can for my Mk18, but I would never think of shooting with it on.  Maybe I can source an airsoft can for the Mk12, but not sure I'd be able to find one that has matching threading.
View Quote
If I don't get an email saying that what I just ordered isn't available anymore, I'll have an answer for you in about 13 days.  I also have the correct tap and drill bit to make an adapter if the threads are wrong ;)
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]

If I don't get an email saying that what I just ordered isn't available anymore, I'll have an answer for you in about 13 days.  I also have the correct tap and drill bit to make an adapter if the threads are wrong ;)
View Quote
For those of you who are wondering why in hell I am talking about airsoft cans, it's because Canada has decided that banning suppressors will save thousands of babies.

Was it this one you were looking at?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Silencers_Z_Parts_MK12_Suppressor_for_MK12_MOD1_Set.htm

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]

For those of you who are wondering why in hell I am talking about airsoft cans, it's because Canada has decided that banning suppressors will save thousands of babies.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Silencers_Z_Parts_MK12_Suppressor_for_MK12_MOD1_Set.htm

http://img-cdn.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/Z-KIT-007-1L.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KavonTN] [#35]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

16 minutes to get out to 600 yds with IMI 77gr. Not a bad morning.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I sent them an email asking if it'll thread on a Allen Engineering or Ops Inc Muzzle Brake.. I got "YES IT WILL FIT" I hope he/she is right lol.. CA is up there to with saving thousands if not millions of babies..
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

I sent them an email asking if it'll thread on a Allen Engineering or Ops Inc Muzzle Brake.. I got "YES IT WILL FIT" I hope he/she is right lol.. CA is up there to with saving thousands if not millions of babies..
View Quote
Well, I guess I'll order one then, lol!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#38]

Well, I guess I'll order one then, lol!
View Quote
The King Arms 12th Model looks reasonable, but there NO LONGER in production..
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]
If I built a 22lr clone, I'd probably shoot it with the airsoft supressor on. Lol!  Man, hope that lady was right and the threads match up, haha!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Would that be a Fulton Armory A1 Stock..??
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I believe so but not certain, bought it "used" on the EE and the seller never mentioned where he got it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#43]
If I built a 22lr clone, I'd probably shoot it with the airsoft supressor on. Lol!  Man, hope that lady was right and the threads match up, haha!
View Quote
When I get mine, if the threads don't match and the threaded piece can come out, I may look into having a correct threaded piece done up by someone.  If it's feasible, I may have more than one made.  This may be a business opportunity for me: buy airsoft 12th Models and sell them to those behind enemy lines for photo ops
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#44]
When I get mine, if the threads don't match and the threaded piece can come out, I may look into having a correct threaded piece done up by someone.  If it's feasible, I may have more than one made.  This may be a business opportunity for me: buy airsoft 12th Models and sell them to those behind enemy lines for photo ops
View All Quotes
If all goes well..  Count me in.. I'm also waiting on mine
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mvician:
I believe so but not certain, bought it "used" on the EE and the seller never mentioned where he got it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mvician:

Thanks..  All I can do is drool about the lower.. I'm digging it bro..
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Took out the Mod0 for a beautiful range session
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:03:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#47]
Oddly enough, having a hard time finding this info....

For a Mod 1 and a NF 2.5-10x24, which is correct rings to clear correct buis (KAC 200-600 non-micro rear) - X-High/1.375" or XX-High/1.5" ?

Or alternatively, which NF Unimount, if acceptable for the Mod1?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By USMC_FMJ:
For me they are just right......I can get a consistent cheek weld as long as I don't slouch behind the gun, as far a build quality I love them.
I think you might have to play around with how far forward you mount your rings and scope to get the proper eye relief.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0002_zpsvnhjc4zw.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Double shot

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5564/30139289201_20839b50b3_k.jpg
  What height rings on the x24?
i believe those are the Nightforce Ultralite Rings (1.375" X-High A110), For my x24 that is what I ordered from Kevin and is the correct height.
How do you like them? I must be a low brow neanderthal because even 1.5in high rings are pushing it for me. Theyre doable but could be a touch taller for me.  
For me they are just right......I can get a consistent cheek weld as long as I don't slouch behind the gun, as far a build quality I love them.
I think you might have to play around with how far forward you mount your rings and scope to get the proper eye relief.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0002_zpsvnhjc4zw.jpg
From this post, It appears x-high would be correct?

And, I finally figured out how to search for it, the x kept throwing the seach of, you must use quotes ie "x-high"
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Had to swap ARMS #22-M rings for the High rings. Leupold clearance issues with the rear BUIS. I also found out why they say rings without lever-stop... but I just put levers on bolt-release side, no issues.

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Good luck trying to get this to fit.   I have the exact same fake suppressor.  The female threads inside the suppressor are too large for my ops inc brake.
Page / 1196
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top