User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 220
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Thought I'd stir the pot a little this morning with this gem I just found on the 'Gram.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_0012-442151.JPG
View Quote
Are, are those target turrets?!

Edit - page ownage

Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Thought I'd stir the pot a little this morning with this gem I just found on the 'Gram.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_0012-442151.JPG
View Quote
I wonder when that was taken........
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I really need to get an AEM5 but I'm tapped out waiting on a SpecWar 556K and a Saker 762 ASR to clear
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a pic I found online.  Anyone know if that is the Badger Ordnance Recon mount?  I'm really digging this setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What the heck kind of stock is that?

I thought that was a giessele mount.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

View Quote
Hard to tell but almost looks like the B5 bravo stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
LWRC Compact. Great stocks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#8]
With something over it?  Buttpad looks different and the bottom of one isn't curved.  Unless that's just the camera lense....  But the part doesn't look like it..

Anyways...  optics planet pic of a geissele mount for you:

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#9]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

LWRC Compact. Great stocks.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking.  But I never seen one on a .mil gun.  They use a proprietary extension.  Unless that's not a .mil gun.  But actually, the channel on the bottom of the extension goes much further forward.  Almost to the receiver on the LWRC...  Doesn't look quite the same either.  Unless they have a new version of it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By prskiller:
Just a pic I found online.  Anyone know if that is the Badger Ordnance Recon mount?  I'm really digging this setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356129/D9QI4uz-445171.JPG
View Quote
Looks like a badger ordinance recon mount.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
I stand corrected!  I didn't realize the mounting nuts were so similar.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
With something over it?  Buttpad looks different and the bottom of one isn't curved.  Unless that's just the camera lense....  But the part doesn't look like it..

https://op2.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff/opplanet-geissele-ar15-m4-spr-prec-hyper-ext-scp-mnt-30mm-7075-t6-dds-05-374s-front-v1.jpg
View Quote
It's clearly a LWRC. Notice the contour at the front of the stock. The lever is also curved. There are 2 different versions. The compact and ultra compact. The compact fits regular receiver extensions while the UC uses the proprietary tube and buffer.

I run one on my BLK rig.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]

It's clearly a LWRC. Notice the contour at the front of the stock. The lever is also curved. There are 2 different versions. The compact and ultra compact. The compact fits regular receiver extensions while the UC uses the proprietary tube and buffer.

https://www.lwrci.com/images/product/large/336_2_.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vmWy7UbeCFU/Umhz9wPRUEI/AAAAAAAAJrs/iOVkm4YWYao/s640/StockComparison.jpg

I run one on my BLK rig.

https://i.imgur.com/5OE398Z.jpg
View Quote
Pretty good lookin' stock.  Will have to check them out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Pretty good lookin' stock.  Will have to check them out.
View Quote
They are well priced and often go on sale for 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc. They are also pretty lightweight for a stock with a cheekweld.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#15]
What’s up gents (Ladies?)... can I make a request up in here? I have a URX 3.1 that is 10.75 in length. I want to build a Recce upper that is a shooter but is somewhat compact. It will wear my AEM5. Id like there to be a gap of at least an inch but no more than 3 between the rail and the back of the can. Has anyone done this already? What is the best set up for accuracy and length? 14.5 mid?13.7 carbine?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
What’s up gents (Ladies?)... can I make a request up in here? I have a URX 3.1 that is 10.75 in length. I want to build a Recce upper that is a shooter but is somewhat compact. It will wear my AEM5. Id like there to be a gap of at least an inch but no more than 3 between the rail and the back of the can. Has anyone done this already? What is the best set up for accuracy and length? 14.5 mid?13.7 carbine?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
FWIW, this was my build with that rail. Loved the gun. Was capable of sub-half MOA. I know, that's the best, but it could do it. Super handy setup. Barrel is a Rainier 14.5" Select 5R with an AAC non-silencer flash hider.

Still kicking myself for selling it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#17]

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Here is utahs old rig. 14.5 barrel 10.75 urx and aem5

I’d go like 13in if possible. Flush that can up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By minion42:

FWIW, this was my build with that rail. Loved the gun. Was capable of sub-half MOA. I know, that's the best, but it could do it. Super handy setup. Barrel is a Rainier 14.5" Select 5R with an AAC non-silencer flash hider.

Still kicking myself for selling it.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8132/30310567232_d7b2944249_c.jpg
View Quote
I had a recce with a Rainier select 5r that I miss too
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#19]

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vmWy7UbeCFU/Umhz9wPRUEI/AAAAAAAAJrs/iOVkm4YWYao/s640/StockComparison.jpg

I run one on my BLK rig.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://op2.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff/opplanet-geissele-ar15-m4-spr-prec-hyper-ext-scp-mnt-30mm-7075-t6-dds-05-374s-front-v1.jpg

I run one on my BLK rig.

Looks like he put a piece of inner tube over the end to stop it from pulling beard hairs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Here is utahs old rig. 14.5 barrel 10.75 urx and aem5

https://i.imgur.com/lDPVavO.jpg

I’d go like 13in if possible. Flush that can up.
View Quote
Thanks to both of you. That is exactly what I wanted to see. What kind of performance loss is there from the 14.5 to the 13.7?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Looks like he put a piece of inner tube over the end to stop it from pulling beard hairs.
View Quote
Ahhh, that's what threw me......  It looked like there was something over it and at the front it looks different.  That would explain it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Thanks to both of you. That is exactly what I wanted to see. What kind of performance loss is there from the 14.5 to the 13.7?
View Quote
Essentially none. 12.5 is almost identically to 14.5. The drop from 12.5 to 11.5 is where velocity loss starts to be apparent. Accuracy will not be effected by barrel length just what bullets like what velocities.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Excellent as always.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Yes. Man you always do high quality stuff.

What’s the specs on that Recce Barrel and can?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:48:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#26]

Yes. Man you always do high quality stuff.

What’s the specs on that Recce Barrel and can?
View Quote
Barrel chopped to have the AEM5 can flush against the rail. 15" range.

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Ahhh, that's what threw me......  It looked like there was something over it and at the front it looks different.  That would explain it.
View All Quotes

I've got a huge beard and my shit gets caught on everything so that's what stood out to me first.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#28]

I've got a huge beard and my shit gets caught on everything so that's what stood out to me first.
View Quote
Me too, haven't shaved in 3years!
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

Last time a razor touched my face was 10APR13.

I did do a chop after one year and then trimmed it mid-16 for a job interview. But right now it stops just at the top of my stomach.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#30]

But right now it stops just at the top of my stomach.
View Quote
Dude!  That is serious.  I need to go find a killer bearded emoti...
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

But right now it stops just at the top of my stomach.
Some days it's really awesome. Other times, not so much. It gets more of my food than my mouth does, it gets caught between my chest and whatever equipment I happen to be working on, riding the Harley causes it to fly up into my eyes or in my ears.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Some days it's really awesome. Other times, not so much. It gets more of my food than my mouth does, it gets caught between my chest and whatever equipment I happen to be working on, riding the Harley causes it to fly up into my eyes or in my ears.
View Quote
I live in the PNW, now, and it is the land of beards.  They guys I ride Harleys with have them, and give me shit about the goatee
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know how anyone uses a VLTOR stock.  It seems like it was designed for the express intent of grabbing beard hairs.  All legoish and all that.  I shot with one once and I was WTF.    I know I've probably said that a million times, but it still sort of makes me scratch my head like, why would they do that?  I suppose a big slab of tape fixes that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't know how anyone uses a VLTOR stock.  It seems like it was designed for the express intent of grabbing beard hairs.  All legoish and all that.  I shot with one once and I was WTF.    I know I've probably said that a million times, but it still sort of makes me scratch my head like, why would they do that?  I suppose a big slab of tape fixes that.
View Quote
I have snagged a couple hairs, but I really love the IMod.  It is my fav.  Sopmod is cool, I have a couple
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I was thinking that if a guy used one regularly, it might be like Nair and just pull them completely out on that side of  your face and you wouldn't have to shave there any longer.    Might be just the way my hairs are.  There really stiff, like copper wires.  I can't grow it real long before it drives me completely nuts.  I kid you not, one time a beard hair got embedded in my skin like a sliver.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
I bought one to deploy with. Took it home with me when I went on leave afterwards and had a bit of a beard. Damn thing grabbed me the first time I touched my cheek on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I was thinking that if a guy used one regularly, it might be like Nair and just pull them completely out on that side of  your face and you wouldn't have to shave there any longer.    Might be just the way my hairs are.  There really stiff, like copper wires.  I can't grow it real long before it drives me completely nuts.  I kid you not, one time a beard hair got embedded in my skin like a sliver.
View Quote
Might is pretty coarse as well. Right around 3 weeks, it drives me fucking nuts for about a week. Then again at about 6 months, then again around 1 year. I just gotta tough it out for a bit and it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:25:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Do you use some kind of .... stuff in it?  I've seen people put beard stuff in to help it when it's really long.  I've always wondered if I just pushed through the 2 week irritation if it would go away.  Never made it that far yet.  Then I get dry skin on my face after shaving it off.  It's like it just messes with my skin.

Anyways.......

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I just soiled myself........
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Do you use some kind of .... stuff in it?  I've seen people put beard stuff in to help it when it's really long.  I've always wondered if I just pushed through the 2 week irritation if it would go away.  Never made it that far yet.  Then I get dry skin on my face after shaving it off.  It's like it just messes with my skin.

Anyways.......

https://i.imgur.com/1eIk48n.png
View Quote
Nope, don't put anything on it. When it starts to bug me, I just make sure I spend extra time scrubbing it in the shower.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#41]
- LWRC DI 16.1" AR15
- Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 30mm AR-BDC scope
- LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 Scope Mount QD LT104
- Lancer 20rd and 30rd L5AVM Smoke Magazines
- Law Tactical Gen 3 Folding Adapter
- Geissele SD-C trigger
- LWRC Skirmish Iron Sights
- Surefire X300U-B
- Magpul RVG
- LWRC QD Swivel Sling Mount, rail sections
- Magpul MS4 Gen 2 Sling
- UTG Heavy Duty Recon 360 Bipod TL-BP01 6-9"

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wisemenofgotham:
- LWRC DI 16.1" AR15
- Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 30mm AR-BDC scope
- LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 Scope Mount QD LT104
- Lancer 20rd and 30rd L5AVM Smoke Magazines
- Law Tactical Gen 3 Folding Adapter
- Geissele SD-C trigger
- LWRC Skirmish Iron Sights
- Surefire X300U-B
- Magpul RVG
- LWRC QD Swivel Sling Mount, rail sections
- Magpul MS4 Gen 2 Sling
- UTG Heavy Duty Recon 360 Bipod TL-BP01 6-9"

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/ab44cd3faa1a99ddf2a2c789a916ca93/5B0EB79C/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/26181962_161604644480685_4787587056870096896_n.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/71e8dd96649e1795a223aef2f3eb6393/5B1A9D47/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/25022802_136893340330897_604953174503063552_n.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the Strike Eagle? Been  wanting to grab one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I have the 1-8.  Love it.  Hits on steel at 600 is fun out of my 14.5”.  
Bought it to replace my PA 1-6 ACSS.  the ACSS reticle was just too busy for me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RecoilSensitive:
I have the 1-8.  Love it.  Hits on steel at 600 is fun out of my 14.5”.  
Bought it to replace my PA 1-6 ACSS.  the ACSS reticle was just too busy for me.
View Quote
I don't have a decent LPVO for my 14.5 and have been looking at the PA 1-8 and the Strike Eagle. DVOR has the Strike Eagle for $335 and I kinda want to get it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#45]

I don't have a decent LPVO for my 14.5 and have been looking at the PA 1-8 and the Strike Eagle. DVOR has the Strike Eagle for $335 and I kinda want to get it.
View Quote
I've been trying out the strike eagle and say @stukas article on the 1-8, for the cash, I've been more than happy thus far. Highly recommend. It's on my 16" precision/future 3 gun rifle I've and a razor hd on. Much lighter
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
I've been trying out the strike eagle and say @stukas article on the 1-8, for the cash, I've been more than happy thus far. Highly recommend. It's on my 16" precision/future 3 gun rifle I've and a razor hd on. Much lighter
View All Quotes

Thanks for the $.02. I really need something that bridges the gap between my ACOG and 4-16PST and I'll never be able to touch a Mk8 realistically . The 4-16 is just a bit too much for my 14.5's.

Got a link to the article?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#47]
My Lilja M4 Navy SEAL 16" Recce barreled precision build.  Barrel is authentic.  The other parts are a contemporary take on the concept.  Not trying to build a clone, but rather meet or exceed performance.  It is 1/2 MOA capable.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#48]

Thanks for the $.02. I really need something that bridges the gap between my ACOG and 4-16PST and I'll never be able to touch a Mk8 realistically . The 4-16 is just a bit too much for my 14.5's.

View Quote
Yea I know the feeling, I'm good with a razor hd at this point, it's a jugg like a mk8 just not all the fancy reticles

http://www.defensereview.com/vortex-optics-strike-eagle-1-8x24-riflescope-with-ar-bdc2-reticle-30mm-tube-for-very-fast-shooting-up-close-and-out-to-distance-video/
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Yea I know the feeling, I'm good with a razor hd at this point, it's a jugg like a mk8 just not all the fancy reticles

http://www.defensereview.com/vortex-optics-strike-eagle-1-8x24-riflescope-with-ar-bdc2-reticle-30mm-tube-for-very-fast-shooting-up-close-and-out-to-distance-video/
View All Quotes

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WideFlange] [#50]

I haven't posted in a long time and cant get photobucket to work.

Total fail. Total Win, switched to Imgur.

I haven't posted in a long time but I liked the pic and thought I would share.
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top