Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

I keep trying to make myself do a MK12 build.......wtf am i thinking...i have a sick ass RECCE with a 3-9....i should just leave it or put a 1-4 on it and stfu LOL.

View Quote

maybe a SAM-R? stupid BRD....got me again....

If the Mk12 itself doesn't inspire you to build one, don't force it. You won't commit to building a spot-on clone and that wouldn't really be a Mk12.

ETA: Pic thread. Mk12, recce-style.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I keep trying to make myself do a MK12 build.......wtf am i thinking...i have a sick ass RECCE with a 3-9....i should just leave it or put a 1-4 on it and stfu LOL.

If the Mk12 itself doesn't inspire you to build one, don't force it. You won't commit to building a spot-on clone and that wouldn't really be a Mk12.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/Holland4_zps1e0e003d.jpeg

Call a spade a spade, or in this case call a Mk12 Mod H a Mk12 Mod H

That thing is tits.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Ohhh, i want a mk12. Pricing an upper makes me . I can do it to spec, not an issue. Im just ADD squirrel on these SPR/dmr rifles. Lol. Least i have something already tho!

Lookadat H :).
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

I am disappointed with you Utah, why the hell haven't you painted that receiver yet?

Pic thread
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Munzy:

I am disappointed with you Utah, why the hell haven't you painted that receiver yet?

View Quote

It honestly looks really far-out in person; not gonna paint the receiver. Everyone knows it's all about looks anyways, lol.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the unpainted upper. Looks like an in the field swap/repair. Legit lol.

Pic thread (needz moar 1-4x) too much SPRECCE lol.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]

It honestly looks really far-out in person; not gonna paint the receiver. Everyone knows it's all about looks anyways, lol.

View All Quotes

It does look pretty badass that way. Then again I've always liked the look of "new" uppers on worn lowers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, that receiver might get you killed by giving away your position.  

JK.  Great recce.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

It does look pretty sharp, but for someone who is always coaxing people to rattle can their rifles, me included...  

Sweet Holland none the less. I havent checked the MK12 thread in awhile, when did your 12th/AEM5 get out of NFA jail?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]

It does look pretty sharp, but for someone who is always coaxing people to rattle can their rifles, me included...  

Sweet Holland none the less. I havent checked the MK12 thread in awhile, when did your 12th/AEM5 get out of NFA jail?
View All Quotes

Well when you paint parts independently and not as a whole upper, it just looks weird. So I left the upper black.

I got my can at the beginning of October.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Still need some small bits to finish 'em up, but they are gettin' close.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: copper_coin] [#12]

Mega Arms 1:8 Stainless
MI Gen2 SS
Basic Harris bipod
Cav Arms C1 Stock
Leupold MR/T 2.5-8 in an ADM Recon X mount
Ma-Tech rear BUIS
YHM front BUIS
Rainier arms XTC comp

Does anyone think the BDC on the Ma-Tech will match up with the MK262 round?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quickly becoming my favorite rifle!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I can see why.  Nice AR.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BePhreed] [#15]
Originally Posted By Nostradumbass:
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Phillip51680/media/FA26A6F1-9F86-4103-A16E-422C5CC8D4EA.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/Phillip51680/FA26A6F1-9F86-4103-A16E-422C5CC8D4EA.jpg</a>
View Quote

Two front sights are always better than one. Nice rifle, regardless.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BePhreed:
Originally Posted By Nostradumbass:
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Phillip51680/media/FA26A6F1-9F86-4103-A16E-422C5CC8D4EA.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/Phillip51680/FA26A6F1-9F86-4103-A16E-422C5CC8D4EA.jpg</a>

I'm not sure why knights went with the integrated front sight.  It's REALLY flimsy and brittle when deployed.  I don't consider it an option....and since the new generation urx's don't have it, I think I'm doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#17]
1-4 or 1-6 on a Recce?  I have a TA33 on her now, but I want to put that on my 12.5" Crusader.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
1-4 or 1-6 on a Recce?  I have a TA33 on her now, but I want to put that on my 12.5" Crusader.
View Quote

I'd go for a 1-6x.

I'm in the market for one as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By patriot_man:
I'd go for a 1-6x.

View All Quotes

I'd go for a 1-6x.

Having a 1-4x on my Holland, I wish I had the money for a 1-6x if only to see my groupings a little better.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Having a 1-4x on my Holland, I wish I had the money for a 1-6x if only to see my groupings a little better.

View All Quotes

I'd go for a 1-6x.

Thought you had a Mark 6 on your 15-22? I'd swap those
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

View All Quotes

I'd go for a 1-6x.

Hell no, lol. I've got a little Bushnell AR-223 on my 15-22 and a CMR 1-4x on the Holland. And after using the CMR, I'll be selling the Bushnell soon for another CMR to put on the 15-22.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Hell no, lol. I've got a little Bushnell AR-223 on my 15-22 and a CMR 1-4x on the Holland. And after using the CMR, I'll be selling the Bushnell soon for another CMR to put on the 15-22.

View All Quotes

I'd go for a 1-6x.

i had the 1-4 bushy pcl. Neat but heavy as a brick. Too bad leupold or hi-lux didnt use a simple donut bdc like bushy did.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#23]

the leupold 1.5-5x has a horseshoe bdc reticle..just like the acog one..
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#24]

Pic thread......My sprecce in pieces. Awaiting the older gen 2 SLR gas block. Gen 3 hit my rail. Here's to Hoping!

Hey utah.....check it out man! Im ready........lol.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#25]
Maybe some of you guys can help me out; Are there any other low-profile, QD, bipod mounts out there similar to an ARMS #32?

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Pic thread......My sprecce in pieces. Awaiting the older gen 2 SLR gas block. Gen 3 hit my rail. Here's to Hoping!
View Quote

Hey utah.....check it out man! Im ready........lol.

http://s24.postimg.org/mj882yyj9/1417655247132.jpg

Hell yeah bo, get after that shit!

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Planning on turning my 16" lmt m4 upper into a reece style with a 14" Fortis rail, variable scope, and bipod.  The discussion came up about the 1-4 or 1-6 debate and was wondering what to go with.  Also bipod height.  mostly prone but bench rest also.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:00:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#28]

Originally Posted By speedjunkie:

Planning on turning my 16" lmt m4 upper into a reece style with a 14" Fortis rail, variable scope, and bipod.  The discussion came up about the 1-4 or 1-6 debate and was wondering what to go with.  Also bipod height.  mostly prone but bench rest also.
View Quote

i got hands on with a Viper PST 1-4 today after work...reticle was actually nicer than I thought it would be. BUT, it's heavy. other than that caveat, i liked it. nice clicks, awesome warranty. I'm noticing that this Mark AR has totally spoiled me with its light weight. if I had funds and I could do a 1-4 I'd look into the VX-R Patrol firedot from Leupy. light and neat reticle with the center dot. I need a 1-4 for true Recce, right now im SPRECCE style lol. 1-6 is nicer but holy price jump!

Pic thread:

I got my rifle back together again. debating a rear QD plate, but the paint can be redone on that later. I want it painted....soon as I get the fake ferns and grasses it's on . nothing like spray-painting 2K in gun parts.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
i got hands on with a Viper PST 1-4 today after work...reticle was actually nicer than I thought it would be. BUT, it's heavy. other than that caveat, i liked it. nice clicks, awesome warranty. I'm noticing that this Mark AR has totally spoiled me with its light weight. if I had funds and I could do a 1-4 I'd look into the VX-R Patrol firedot from Leupy. light and neat reticle with the center dot. I need a 1-4 for true Recce, right now im SPRECCE style lol. 1-6 is nicer but holy price jump!

Pic thread:<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s29.postimg.org/kx0dn03if/20141207_020427.jpg</a>forum image hosting

I got my rifle back together again. debating a rear QD plate, but the paint can be redone on that later. I want it painted....soon as I get the fake ferns and grasses it's on . nothing like spray-painting 2K in gun parts.

View All Quotes

Pic thread:<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s29.postimg.org/kx0dn03if/20141207_020427.jpg</a>forum image hosting

Umm...why not use real leaves and grass? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#30]
Just need an optic for this thing! Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By rksonex:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7525/15969035792_4b5e028e62_c.jpg

View Quote
VCOG would be badass on there.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#32]
After some paint it'll finally be "done"

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:44:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#33]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

View All Quotes

Thats what I was thinking too, I REALLY want one, but I was hoping to stay under 1k on the optic. Not many options in the 1-6 x in that price range.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#35]
This is the start of my In-progress Recce. I am waiting to add a VORTEX Viper 1-4x24 scope and a American Defense RECON 30mm QD mount. Undecided on a bipod adapter, but the bipod will be a Harris BRM-S.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Morg308:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morg308:

Its the dead of winter.....they are dead lol.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]
http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/rdramsey8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscda9aae7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/rdramsey8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscd49945e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#38]
http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/rdramsey8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps624bf365.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Thats what I was thinking too, I REALLY want one, but I was hoping to stay under 1k on the optic. Not many options in the 1-6 x in that price range.
View All Quotes

You can find used, like new NF 1-4's for under $1k and I recall seeing a used USO 1.5-6 around that price as well.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Pic thread:
http://s29.postimg.org/kx0dn03if/20141207_020427.jpg

i recently traded my viper because of the weight (it was in a bobro mount so it made for a hefty package). If i were to get another 1-4, i'd want to try the trijicon accupoint

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#42]
If/when i go 1-4 it will be a leupy mark ar mod 1 illuminated spr reticle. On my limited budget it works, plus the turrets are so nice and 1.5-4 is fine.

I went out and shot mine today. Decent groups. Im happy with my setup.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
20141205_085323_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q4oMci" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7462/15790956419_92a611cf73_c.jpg</a>20141205_085323_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

Looks like the new SS 1-4. How do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Keep an eye out for a used SWFA SS 1-6x or Bushnell SMRS 1-6.5x maybe?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#46]
That swfa reticle is super sick. Def do that over a vcog. Perfect reticle. I had that in my head for years.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#47]
My 16" Krieger Recon with OPS 12th, TA11C and UNS.
Probably my favorite AR and right there with the Mod0 18" Krieger in accuracy.
I really like the fact that even with the Nightforce 3.5-15X50 scope mounted no discernible POI shift occurs when the suppressor is added.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#48]
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the cover for your Acog?

Originally Posted By edwin907:
I really like the fact that even with the Nightforce 3.5-15X50 scope mounted no discernible POI shift occurs when the suppressor is added.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/_2237132.jpg~original
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By thompson1774:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thompson1774:

Originally Posted By edwin907:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/_2237132.jpg~original

It's the scopeFly, a zipper adjustable cover for the fiber optic tube, allows you to adjust the intensity of the reticle very effectively.
I think I got it from 3gun stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jacobus:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jacobus:
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q4oMci" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7462/15790956419_92a611cf73_c.jpg</a>20141205_085323_1 by tb5252, on Flickr

I dig it
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top