Originally Posted By aaron580:
Tanodized g33 went for 275 in EE
View Quote
Is it legit?  Damn good score if so.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Will816:

Starting the bids at $1, I might have to keep an eye on that.

I half suspect that a lot of you guys are running the WMX airsoft clone
View Quote
Yeah it's crazy how close the WMX copies are... so good that I would hesitate to buy one online - I passed on a Tan one for $600 a while back just because for some reason it just didn't look right - didn't have a good feeling on it.  I think the plug may be the only real difference on some of the copies...
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Yeah it's crazy how close the WMX copies are... so good that I would hesitate to buy one online - I passed on a Tan one for $600 a while back just because for some reason it just didn't look right - didn't have a good feeling on it.  I think the plug may be the only real difference on some of the copies...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Originally Posted By Will816:

Starting the bids at $1, I might have to keep an eye on that.

I half suspect that a lot of you guys are running the WMX airsoft clone
Yeah, some of them are pretty convincing - especially if they have the logos laser etched and not stickers.

I dunno, even if they were 100% indistinguishable from the real thing (other than internally), I'd still rather have a real Surefire that's maybe fudging a little than a very convincing fake WMX. Wouldn't hold it against anyone that just had to have a WMX200 and decided to go with that over a $1000 real one, but running a Surefire doesn't really bother me. I also wouldn't feel comfortable trusting one should I need it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Yeah, some of them are pretty convincing - especially if they have the logos laser etched and not stickers.

I dunno, even if they were 100% indistinguishable from the real thing (other than internally), I'd still rather have a real Surefire that's maybe fudging a little than a very convincing fake WMX. Wouldn't hold it against anyone that just had to have a WMX200 and decided to go with that over a $1000 real one, but running a Surefire doesn't really bother me. I also wouldn't feel comfortable trusting one should I need it.
View Quote
Well it's not like we don't see surefire all the time on issues guns to
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I saw it. I swear, I could actively check EE posts for 6 hours straight, slack off for 5 minutes and that'll be the 5 minutes something good comes along. Every. Fucking. Time. Better yet, I've had it where I've watched it daily for almost a week, then on the one day I go shooting and don't have any service, that's the day something good comes along. Then after I miss something, I get super diligent about checking for a while, and naturally nothing good comes along; then the whole process starts all over, haha. Somehow it knows. It's taunting me.

I'd been checking fairly regularly today, but of course a goddamn G33 for $275 - tanodized no less - comes along when I'm not looking. Missed it by about 15 minutes :\.
View Quote
This is so real it should be sticky'd at the top of the EE.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes

Oh, I agree; and running a Surefire doesn't bother me at all for that reason. But, there are always going to be the purists who think you should only build "as issued" or, if you're using some "in the wild" parts, it's only acceptable if you're cloning a specific gun. I'm just not that purist, lol.

Don't get me wrong, if I had an extra big pile of cash I desperately wanted to turn into a much smaller pile of cash, I wouldn't mind another CQBR set up 100% as issued ;p.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:23:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drago6] [#7]
edit: answer found :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
So I am not alone in this?
Every time man.
View All Quotes
I swear, I could actively check EE posts for 6 hours straight, slack off for 5 minutes and that'll be the 5 minutes something good comes along. Every. Fucking. Time. Better yet, I've had it where I've watched it daily for almost a week, then on the one day I go shooting and don't have any service, that's the day something good comes along. Then after I miss something, I get super diligent about checking for a while, and naturally nothing good comes along; then the whole process starts all over, haha. Somehow it knows. It's taunting me.
Every time man.
I think there is a good chance the EE is sentient... and spiteful :\.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Agreed.

I find ALL the good deals. Just MOSTLY after the fact.
View Quote
I’d pay $800 for a g33 without blinking, and the crown jewel pops up for pennies and missed it by 90 seconds

Just gonna make it all the sweeter when I eventually find one -_-
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#12]
@COMBAT_DIVER Could you post pictures of the serialized M4A1 and MK18 uppers as they come from crane again? I can't find them
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
I watched the ee like a madman for almost two months before I managed to score my EXPS 3-0 and 553, both happened same day. Was a lot of frustrating near misses, compounded by the fact I had wtb ads listed.

100rndclipzine is probably rocking back and forth in the shower sobbing for his lack of wmx illumination
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know where any TD QD FDE Stubby's or regular vert grip's are? My googlefu and EE are showing up nada.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#16]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Anyone know where any TD QD FDE Stubby's or regular vert grip's are? My googlefu and EE are showing up nada.
View Quote
https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/TangoDown-Stubby-Short-QUICK-DETACH-Vertical-Grip-p/td%20bgv-qdk%20fde%20vpg.htm

https://www.riflegear.com/p-823-tangodown-quick-detach-stubby-vertical-grip.aspx
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
View Quote
I have an extra non-qd stubby grip if that interests you. My QD version is being delivered monday. Check out Black Phase Tactical online and email him, Cory will put you on the list for one. Good dude to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome thank's fellas. Finally ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]
View All Quotes
I swear, I could actively check EE posts for 6 hours straight, slack off for 5 minutes and that'll be the 5 minutes something good comes along. Every. Fucking. Time. Better yet, I've had it where I've watched it daily for almost a week, then on the one day I go shooting and don't have any service, that's the day something good comes along. Then after I miss something, I get super diligent about checking for a while, and naturally nothing good comes along; then the whole process starts all over, haha. Somehow it knows. It's taunting me.
Every time man.
Agreed. I don'tgo know how many times I've missed somethin by minutes. I just missed a 9.5fsb dd lite for $75 on Friday. By 5 min. Or how about this, you over pay for somethin cuz you finally found it, then all of a sudden everyone and their brother post a Better looking one for cheaper. On Friday I  got a casv-els ( the step down version) because I have not been able to find a carbine length standard on. Later that night I found what I was looking for, for cheaper! Picked it up too! Now I've got a midlength casv, a stepped down casv, and finally the casv-el; the only one I really wanted. Same thing happened to me with lights and optics. I've got too many damned handguards and optics and lights now. I think I'll be putting some extras on the EE. I think at this point I can clone a couple diff issued cqbr's.

eta- I noticed my colt waffle (came with colt lower) stock has both the colt 13629 and p&s 4u486 on it. Which is it? Why would they put both?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

eta- I noticed my colt waffle (came with colt lower) stock has both the colt 13629 and p&s 4u486 on it. Which is it? Why would they put both?
View Quote
I'm sure Colt is subcontracting out stuff like plastic stocks. Plastic molding is it's own specialty field of manufacturing, and it's
kinda what P&S does ... plastic and rubber molding. www.molders.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:15:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tanodized] [#22]
"MARSOC" inspired build.

Colt M4A1 CQBR: 10.3" Govt. Barrel w/ Badger Ordnance Mk12 Gas Block, Daniel Defense Mk18 RIS II, EOTech XPS3-0 & G33 Magnifier, Insight ATPIAL-C, WMX200 & Dual Pressure Switch, Magpul AFG, CQD Forward Sling Mount, PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle, KAC Ambidextrous Safety, M4QD Flash Hider, Mk12 Front & (600m Micro) Rear Folding Sight
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
"MARSOC" inspired build.

Colt M4A1 CQBR: 10.3" Govt. Barrel w/ Badger Ordnance Mk12 Gas Block, Daniel Defense Mk18 RIS II, EOTech XPS3-0 & G33 Magnifier, Insight ATPIAL-C, WMX200 & Dual Pressure Switch, Magpul AFG, CQD Forward Sling Mount, PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle, KAC Ambidextrous Safety, M4QD Flash Hider, Mk12 Front & (600m Micro) Rear Folding Sight
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/960/41039032955_9b92b1737e_k.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/960/41039042705_75a36316f7_k.jpg
So clean. You need a PEQ-16B sir. After seeing your piles of parts I would have thought you'd have one already lol

Damn nice collection
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
That gun deserves better than an ATPIAL-C
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Teh 16B all teh MARSOC shets
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#26]
What buffer weight are your guys running with your Mk18's? I have the Daniel Defense Mk18 with the current .070 gas port. It will be running suppressed with an M4-2000. Buffer spring is a standard milspec carbine length.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Seattle206:
What buffer weight are your guys running with your Mk18's? I have the Daniel Defense Mk18 with the current .070 gas port. It will be running suppressed with an M4-2000. Buffer spring is a standard milspec carbine length.
View Quote
H2. But since you have a suppressor on it you could try an H3 and see if it'll lock back on empty unsuppresed. If it does, the H3 will pair with your can a bit better. The H2 will definitely work tho, that's what the military uses on these guns. Different cans tho
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

H2. But since you have a suppressor on it you could try an H3 and see if it'll lock back on empty unsuppresed. If it does, the H3 will pair with your can a bit better. The H2 will definitely work tho, that's what the military uses on these guns. Different cans tho
View Quote
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply! I'll test out both weights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#29]

So clean. You need a PEQ-16B sir. After seeing your piles of parts I would have thought you'd have one already lol

Damn nice collection
View Quote
Exactly what I was gonna say. That's what sets apart a MARSOC clone from any other SOCOM one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Did some catching up reading ... Damn, some of you guys are youngins....

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Exactly what I was gonna say. That's what sets apart a MARSOC clone from any other SOCOM one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Damn nice collection
While much depends on the time period being referenced, a PEQ-15 or LA-5 is not entirely out of place on a MARSOC rifle. Of course neither of those are ATPIAL-C's, but that's the trouble of having so many clones, I just simply can't afford to fully deck out all of them simultaneously. Or rather, doing so would significantly impede on the total number of different clones I can build and that choice seems fairly obvious.

Partial-Inspiration pics:

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Been that way for awhile now, ~ 2 years.  I miss the old USGI without CAGE and the commercial/generic logo circle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:

I'm sure Colt is subcontracting out stuff like plastic stocks. Plastic molding is it's own specialty field of manufacturing, and it's
kinda what P&S does ... plastic and rubber molding. www.molders.com
Been that way for awhile now, ~ 2 years.  I miss the old USGI without CAGE and the commercial/generic logo circle.
I guess I just didn't realize that both codes were present on the same stock. I figured it would be like the subcontracted ras, or matech, or side swivels. It's the only waffle stock I've owned and I've always seen the p&s code, but yesterday I flipped the latch the other way and saw the13629. So if it were ever sold, would it p&s, colt, or both, or who really gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#33]
MK18 Next to my coworkers Tavor. Still prefer the the child of Eugene to the Hebrew Hammer.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Both look good, Nate. Did you shave the brace a bit?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#35]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Looks like somebody got cold feet:
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Time to shit or get off the pot.
View Quote
Dead beat EE members strikes again....
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#37]
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Heh. Kinda had a feeling something like that might happen after people started commenting in the EE thread about how much it was worth.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#39]
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Didn't see that comin. Once I saw all the replies in the ad I had a feeling we'd see some sellers remorse.

This is one for @DontBuryMe

just need some paint and I'm ready to go. I somewhat suspect there's a peq15 in the 3oclock position, but since it's not visible, mine is too.

Thanks again for passing on the sweet 551.
eta: dammit. Just noticed the windowed Pmag. Should've been a gi. Go easy...
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#40]

ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

View Quote
Looks like someone should have done some research before posting the sale.  I am jealous at the amazing deal, but hope the seller fulfills his part.  I highly doubt it though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
No ethics.

Hopefully he sucks it up and follows through.
View All Quotes

Heh. Kinda had a feeling something like that might happen after people started commenting in the EE thread about how much it was worth.
No ethics.

He won't. I have a feeling $6-700 is worth more to him than losing EE privileges. (Plus lookin like a boob for postin a $275 tanodized g33), at this point he probly thinks he's retaining dignity by backing out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#42]
No ethics.

View All Quotes

No ethics.

Yeah, I mean of course it's a shitty situation for the seller because he clearly had no clue, but a deal is a deal. Just shows it's wise to do a little research before you post your stuff.

If I were the buyer, I'd be wanting to tar and feather that seller right about now, lol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:14:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#43]
I honestly think the sale would have went smooth if it hadn't been for all the posts that followed "I'll take it." If only there were some sort of rule about needlessly posting in others EE ad.....hmm. I had too. Sorry.

Eta: sure he would've eventually figured it out. But it prob would've been after shipping. And then he could feel like a dumbass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#44]
Maybe if 20 people didn't say they go for 1000 bucks, the buyer would have his smoking deal right now.. not defending seller by any means either.

Ah above poster said it first lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I still can't believe $275 though. That's already $125 cheaper than any other g33 on the EE. At first I thought it was gonna fall through because his price was a typo. Watch, the seller will prob try to play that card now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Thing is, while I have little doubt the deal would've gone through if people hadn't commented, the rule isn't "a deal is a deal (unless, of course, I find out it's worth more, in which case fuck you)". The guy screwed up, but should've honored his end of the deal all the same. It's unfortunate people should have to censor themselves to have someone honor their word.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#48]
Didn't see that comin. Once I saw all the replies in the ad I had a feeling we'd see some sellers remorse.

http://i.imgur.com/THawZbG.jpg
just need some paint and I'm ready to go. I somewhat suspect there's a peq15 in the 3oclock position, but since it's not visible, mine is too.
http://i.imgur.com/dTioI3L.jpg
View Quote
Fucking beaut. I'll look the other way on the Pmag this time...

Re: that tanodized G33, I had a bad feeling as soon as a half dozen posters were commenting on it's worth. Sad that the seller won't follow though. It's amazing how ltitle money some people will sell themselves out for.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Just fucking came here to post this.

Which one of you assholes stole it out from under OPs feet with a higher offer?

I love you guys but I hope the seller gets banned for being a shady POS backing out for a higher offer
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

That's my favorite setup you've posted to date. Keep that one as is for ol' MILSPEC.
Page / 1572
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1016 of 1572)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top