User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 40 of 74)
Page / 74
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Northern-SW:

https://binged.it/2FBWsyS

TFB did a Shot Show interview with B&T where they discussed it. $100 conversion for the APC9 Bolt to accept Glock Mags plus the $500 lower. I'm assuming this makes the old lower no longer usable with the modified bolt. Seems like it would make more sense for them to sell the Glock Bolt and Glock lower as a bundle for those looking to upgrade their APC9.
View Quote
Pretty sure the bolt mod is a retrofit for current owners, but new Pros includes the Glock compatible bolt which can work with either lower.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By VelveteenMole:

Pretty sure the bolt mod is a retrofit for current owners, but new Pros includes the Glock compatible bolt which can work with either lower.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:39:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Heavyd7042] [#3]
How do I disassemble the bolt of an BT APC9? I want to remove the extractor and firing pin.
Could anyone give me instructions or a guide. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know the OAL of the APC9 with the B&T stock?
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kells81:
Does anyone know the OAL of the APC9 with the B&T stock?
View Quote
23.5”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone run a DBAL- A3 or D2 on their APC9?  Thinking about getting into the NV world and was wondering about this setup.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 12:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmo419] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bmo419:
Can't tell if this is April fool's or not lol
http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/01/us-army-selects-bt-for-sub-compact-weapon/
View Quote
Appears to be legit
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Tyvm
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GataGunner:
Appears to be legit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GataGunner:
Appears to be legit
Nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
It’s legit
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
So no one uses dbals or other IR laser setups?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
So no one uses dbals or other IR laser setups?
View Quote
I have an ATPIAL but haven’t mounted it to the APC. Do you. Want some pics in different locations?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Are spare parts available for these anywhere? After getting  burned by Sig I only buy guns that I can purchased spares for.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Crazy... APC9K was the worst of the bunch.

Plus, proprietary mags?

Just stupid, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Third source, so it’s not an April fools joke!

Link
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bestiller:

It’s legit
View Quote
Sounds like it. I just felt like it was probably worst day to announce any kind of official news.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

Plus, proprietary mags?

Just stupid, IMO.
View All Quotes

Plus, proprietary mags?

Just stupid, IMO.
Here's to hoping it means we're going to see B&T Pmags.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Genuinely curious what makes you say that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

obviously hes tested all of them in full auto version and the apc9 was worst of the bunch in his tests. either that or because its “just a dumb blowback”
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
obviously hes tested all of them in full auto version and the apc9 was worst of the bunch in his tests. either that or because its "just a dumb blowback"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By humahuma:

obviously hes tested all of them in full auto version and the apc9 was worst of the bunch in his tests. either that or because its "just a dumb blowback"
Swiss have nothin' on SIG quality control and engineering?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Kalashnikev101 has always been and will always be a let's bash B&T troll. Anyone here who likes B&T and has not already put him on the ignore list is a glutton for punishment.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I guess I can now say I joined your ranks with APC9 coming from Rainier with a brace and drum.  I'll pick up a MRO or TL-1 later.  More than likely SBR it if I don't decide to get the SD version and sell this one later.  It'll join the safe along with my SBR MPX.  My other past sub guns was a POS Coharie MP40 and I've had lengthy trigger time with UMP 40 and a bit with the MP5 from work.

Is there any way to do a SD conversion or the only option is buy a APC9SD?  And what are recommended cans of the tri lug (I know I'll get a slew of opinions) and best place for more stick mags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone know of a shop with the folding charging handle in stock? All the ones I've found are out of stock.

20181216-IMG_1157-Canon EOS 6D-24-105mm
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Are the Glock lowers out yet? That with AR grip and trigger compatibility may be what puts me over the edge. I’m tired of finicky AR build but like the ergonomics too much to go with a roller lock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Are the Glock lowers out yet? That with AR grip and trigger compatibility may be what puts me over the edge. I’m tired of finicky AR build but like the ergonomics too much to go with a roller lock.
View Quote
Dakota is the only website I have seen them listed with a good photo.  Out of stock though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:00:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NOLAGT] [#27]
Tarheelstate has some in stock.

I got a GHM45 but haven’t had it ship yet. I think I may switch to the APC45. Place doesn’t have the regular 45 in but has some pros coming. I was told it might just be the pro version going forward.

Other than glock lowers (don’t want), bolt that can shoot glock mags as well as other, ar grips, and last round hold open on a non recip bolt is there anything else different?  I saw someone say something about triggers?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#28]
I've got a form one in for my APC pro with the telescoping brace and want to swap the tailhook for a stock pad when it comes back. Is this kit compatible with the APC's brace mount: B&T Conv-Kit For GHM / KH9 Telescopic Braces? It looks like it'd work but it doesn't list the APC as compatible firearms. Scott at TarHeel says a specific kit for the APC is in the works but not out yet.

Also, whats the story on the TL aimpoint combos? Were they a limited deal? I really dig on the low profile mount. Looks like the mount they used is a standard aimpoint micro mount with the LRP conversion kit. I would have loved to find a combo package for the price the TLs offered at, but I ended up going with a T2 from grabagun.... with best offer button I picked a T2 with a standard mount up for $650, which was cheaper than anywhere else i could find online.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By UsubM:
Does anyone know of a shop with the folding charging handle in stock? All the ones I've found are out of stock.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4846/31404466357_5815490a07_h.jpg
20181216-IMG_1157-Canon EOS 6D-24-105mm
View Quote
Folding handle
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone cerakoted or dipped their APC?  Thinking about it and can’t find pics.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
Has anyone cerakoted or dipped their APC?  Thinking about it and can’t find pics.
View Quote
I think both the APC an the GHM would look sick in multicam black.

If I purchase an GHM down the road, I think I’ll go for that scheme.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#32]
For the firing pin, I discovered that the pin needs to be pushed forward before you push out the retaining pin. There is a specific cut out that clears the pin, but only if it is pushed forward. So when you put it back in, you need to align the half moon cut and push the firing pin in. Be careful that it doesn’t rotate when you try and out it back in.

The extractor... I tried to lock down the spring from the tiny hole but I never felt it catch. I think it’s probably used to reinstall the spring and extractor but I imagine to remove it you would open the extractor and find a wedge to free up the extractor. I haven’t built up the confidence to do so.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#33]
How is the recoil of the APC9 compared to other PCCs? I've had a SBR 9mm AR for years now that has never worked 100% and has been through so many iterations and changes only God knows what I've sunk into it. With eFile F1's running so fast right now I'm giving the APC9 a hard look. I tried a MP5 briefly but the ergonomics and trigger were a deal killer. I love the ergonomics of a 9mm AR but the amount of mass needed in the blowback system and finicky nature (Glock magazine) leading to unpredictable reliability has been frustrating. The Glock lower APC9 Pro seems to check most of the boxes in what I'm looking for. How about trigger options? I see Geissele makes a trigger but can you get other AR triggers to work?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:10:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#34]
My APC9 has pretty much sits in the safe since I prefer shooting my MP5's because they're softer shooting.  Since you like the AR ergos take a look at a Sig MPX.  I recently picked up the K version and I absolutely love it, even more than my MP5's.  My brother and shot them back to back and both agree that the MPX is softer/smoother shooting.  Unfortunately, Sig discontinued and replaced it with the Copperhead which IMHO looks hideous.  I love the MPX K so much I'm going to pick up another this afternoon as a backup.  Another PCC I'd like to try and compare is the CMMG Banshee.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 5:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#35]
How is the recoil of the APC9 compared to other PCCs? I've had a SBR 9mm AR for years now that has never worked 100% and has been through so many iterations and changes only God knows what I've sunk into it. With eFile F1's running so fast right now I'm giving the APC9 a hard look. I tried a MP5 briefly but the ergonomics and trigger were a deal killer. I love the ergonomics of a 9mm AR but the amount of mass needed in the blowback system and finicky nature (Glock magazine) leading to unpredictable reliability has been frustrating. The Glock lower APC9 Pro seems to check most of the boxes in what I'm looking for. How about trigger options? I see Geissele makes a trigger but can you get other AR triggers to work?
View Quote
based on what youve said id take a hard look at the 9mm banshee. ive never shot it but people are comparing the recoil to that of the mp5 and it has the AR ergos. the similarity to the 9mm AR you own might turn you off but they seem to be very reliable.

the apc9 is not as soft as my z5rs but it is a super smooth gun. to me it has a unique feel and i shoot it more than twice as much as my mp5 clone that i also love.

the stock trigger on the apc9 is very good. before i bought the gun i had plans to upgrade but im not sure i will anymore. ive heard of some AR triggers working well and others not so much. id start a thread and ask about the specific trigger you are looking at or call B&T and see if they know.

whatever you choose, go 3 lug!
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: txbt] [#36]
Originally Posted By India303:
And what are recommended cans of the tri lug (I know I'll get a slew of opinions) and best place for more stick mags.
View Quote
I'm about to buy a SilencerCo Omega 9K for my APC. I also considered the Dead Air Wolf-9SD but I don't think I would use the longer config much.

ManVentureOutpost has the best price on the magazine (BT-30183, $36.47) but they're out of stock right now. They also have the best price on the SilencerCo low profile 3-lug mount (AC2447, $92.53). Note that they are slow to ship (a week or so).
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#37]
My experience has been different. My APC9 is one of the smoothest shooting guns I own. I think it holds flatter than the MP5 or MPX. One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#38]
How about a fun game of what 2 stage triggers fit the APC9 Pro?  

Knights-  Yes but does not reset without modification

Gieselle-   Nope..  hammer  does not have retaining pin in the middle to retain the hammer pin.

CMMG-  Nope..  Same issue as the Gieselle but also the rear is too wide

Larue-   Fits and resets without modification but rubs the plastic on the rear.  easy fix

Those are the ones I have laying around

Also thing to note:

Switching the trigger to an AR trigger loses the function of being able to put the weapon on safe in any condition.  You can only safe the weapon when the hammer is cocked like a normal AR.   The factory trigger has a pivot that lets you safe the weapon hammer up or down.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kells81:
How about a fun game of what 2 stage triggers fit the APC9 Pro?  

Knights-  Yes but does not reset without modification

Gieselle-   Nope..  hammer  does not have retaining pin in the middle to retain the hammer pin.

CMMG-  Nope..  Same issue as the Gieselle but also the rear is too wide

Larue-   Fits and resets without modification but rubs the plastic on the rear.  easy fix

Those are the ones I have laying around

Also thing to note:

Switching the trigger to an AR trigger loses the function of being able to put the weapon on safe in any condition.  You can only safe the weapon when the hammer is cocked like a normal AR.   The factory trigger has a pivot that lets you safe the weapon hammer up or down.
View Quote
Good info!  I bailed on the ghm45 I bought and now waiting for a APC45 Pro to come in. I’ll shoot it some before swapping triggers but was wondering how some ar types did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NOLAGT:

Good info!  I bailed on the ghm45 I bought and now waiting for a APC45 Pro to come in. I’ll shoot it some before swapping triggers but was wondering how some ar types did.
View Quote
Gieselle makes an APC specific trigger, as well as shooting sight.  Both are very nice triggers.  Neither, however retain the factory capability to engage the safety if the hammer isn't cocked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By goloud:
My experience has been different. My APC9 is one of the smoothest shooting guns I own. I think it holds flatter than the MP5 or MPX. One of my favorites.
View Quote
I heard they're smoother when shooting them suppressed.  Unfortunately, I won't know 'til my cans get out of NFA jail.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

I heard they're smoother when shooting them suppressed.  Unfortunately, I won't know 'til my cans get out of NFA jail.
View Quote
Hmm. That’s a good point.  99% of my shooting has been suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Gieselle makes an APC specific trigger, as well as shooting sight.  Both are very nice triggers.  Neither, however retain the factory capability to engage the safety if the hammer isn't cocked.
View Quote
I didn’t have one of those laying around.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm looking for answers for my apc223 and being the apc9 is quite similar, what are you guys using for sling mounts f&r?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I'm looking for answers for my apc223 and being the apc9 is quite similar, what are you guys using for sling mounts f&r?
View Quote
I am using a Magpul rsa up front and the paracord out back. Might switch to the Blue Force Gear ULoop for the rear mount once the paracord needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I just picked mine up yesterday.  It makes my MPX look like a POS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone come up with a fix for the mags dropping out during suppressed firing? B&T has been less than helpful and has not responded to messages or emails. Got hold of Jessica once but no call back from two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 4:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#48]
Originally Posted By 45pulse:
Anyone come up with a fix for the mags dropping out during suppressed firing? B&T has been less than helpful and has not responded to messages or emails. Got hold of Jessica once but no call back from two weeks ago.
View Quote
IIRCC, over the last year or so here, there has been 2 posts that I know of regarding the phenomenon of the magazines falling out of the APC9. One of the guns got sent back to B&T USA and the bolt was “micro-polished” or something to that effect and the user reported the problem was resolved. I’ve never experienced any similar issues with any of my B&Ts, though I’m not shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Here's my relative experience: Zenith Z5-RS (MP5 full size), PSA AR-9 16", APC9, and Kriss Vector 9mm.

The PSA has a slow heavy recoil impulse.  Quite a lot of mass moving in a cheapy PCC.  The action is working pretty slow and sluggish compared to the others.  Simple blowback.
The Zenith has a lighter mass, but it seems to take longer to settle down for the follow up shot.  Just a little bit longer than the APC9 or the Vector.  It's pleasant and feels like it should shoot faster, but it seems like the extra little areas of play seem to take longer for it to come back.  It does have a little bit of a delay, hence the system, similar to shooting a piston gun versus a DI gun.
The APC9 has a heavier mass than the Zenith, and the impulse is direct and fast.  But it is waiting for you to fire again... It's like all of the tolerances are tight enough that it doesn't take as long as the Zenith to settle down.  Just dropping the bolt on an empty chamber (to feel the chambering impuse) makes it seem like there is more movement - but I don't get this during live fire.
Surprisingly the Vector had the least amount of recoil, or with the dot/sights moving around.  The Vector had a similar super fast operating speed as the APC9.  This was the opinion of four shooters of varying experiences.  All of the weapons were shot with and without suppressors.

The APC9 is still my go to choice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

My new pistol. Not crazy about the backup sights, they’re pretty high up. Will probably take them off when my T2 gets here next week so I can see through the tube. Very impressed with the comfort and usability of the tail hook brace. Really debating if SBRing it is really necessary.
Page / 74
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 40 of 74)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top