Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 37
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cole2534:
I should definitely not, not buy another -25.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
Got a DRMO'd Leupold scope from a friend here on ARFCOM, it's exactly what I needed for this build! Real MARSOC upper and scope! All that's left is to get the lower cerakoted

https://i.imgur.com/MxR8hmm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KvUvlnG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wgws6r8.jpg
View Quote

Nice rig. I might try to score a MK6 3-18x for a future project, but I've heard tell that they've earned a pretty shitty reputation for unreliable tracking (I guess the same can be said about the MK4 line). Never used one, so I don't know. Had any problems with yours? If so, did Leupold fix it without hassle? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:28:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCSGT0331] [#3]
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:

Nice rig. I might try to score a MK6 3-18x for a future project, but I've heard tell that they've earned a pretty shitty reputation for unreliable tracking (I guess the same can be said about the MK4 line). Never used one, so I don't know. Had any problems with yours? If so, did Leupold fix it without hassle? Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Got a DRMO'd Leupold scope from a friend here on ARFCOM, it's exactly what I needed for this build! Real MARSOC upper and scope! All that's left is to get the lower cerakoted

https://i.imgur.com/MxR8hmm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KvUvlnG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wgws6r8.jpg

Leupolds do have that reputation, but for this scope, I have no idea. It showed up in the mail today, so it's not even zeroed. It's currently -7 degrees where I am, so it won't be zeroed for a while. Best person to ask might be @MNRidesHonda, he seems to know a few guys over at MARSOC who are currently using these scopes. IIRC, he posted pics a few pages back from a friend who had an M8541A on his K1, because the Mk6 went down and he swapped it out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

So, in my experience--my Mark 6 has been spotless for tracking, passing the box test with no issues. Buddy of mine bought one for his RPR, and it would not pass, a call to leupold and it was back in thier hands, and back in his hands all within 2 weeks with the tracking issues resolved. Leupold very much stands behind their products.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I was done with clones. This thread has influenced me into a MK11 Mod 0 and M110 clone. You guys are great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

So, in my experience--my Mark 6 has been spotless for tracking, passing the box test with no issues. Buddy of mine bought one for his RPR, and it would not pass, a call to leupold and it was back in thier hands, and back in his hands all within 2 weeks with the tracking issues resolved. Leupold very much stands behind their products.
View Quote

Sweet. Never had to use Leupy's warranty and I've owned several of their scopes over the years. Good to know they'll take care of it if need be.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#7]
Attachment Attached File

Needs a coat of Cerakote--but this is as close as I will have to a K1.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43501/KIMG0012_JPG-1820237.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Leupolds do have that reputation, but for this scope, I have no idea. It showed up in the mail today, so it's not even zeroed. It's currently -7 degrees where I am, so it won't be zeroed for a while. Best person to ask might be @MNRidesHonda, he seems to know a few guys over at MARSOC who are currently using these scopes. IIRC, he posted pics a few pages back from a friend who had an M8541A on his K1, because the Mk6 went down and he swapped it out.
View Quote

The Mk6 on the MARSOC K1 you mentioned wouldn't track correctly hence the school house lent the guy an M8541A.

I never did like Leupold. Had 2 Mk8 CQBSS that shit the bed and they went back to Leupold which took ~60 business days to get them back to me and they were still broken so I gave up on them about 3 years back. Once my friends in MARSOC and SOCOM told me that they can use their own personal optics on issued guns, and some of them did in fact took their own optics on deployments, I never did care for "clone correct" optics anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#10]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

The Mk6 on the MARSOC K1 you mentioned wouldn't track correctly hence the school house lent the guy an M8541A.

I never did like Leupold. Had 2 Mk8 CQBSS that shit the bed and they went back to Leupold which took ~60 business days to get them back to me and they were still broken so I gave up on them about 3 years back. Once my friends in MARSOC and SOCOM told me that they can use their own personal optics on issued guns, and some of them did in fact took their own optics on deployments, I never did care for "clone correct" optics anymore.
View Quote

I can understand the mindset, especially having used a fair shit of mil issue kit downrange that wasn't worth a shit. I'm kicking myself myself for selling the S&B 4-16x PMII I had. Oh well.

The MK5HD 3.6-18x is good to go and satisfies the requirements, so I'm leaning toward running that exclusively.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Looking for an optic for SR25 Delta Trade In, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By under9:
View Quote

Mk6 looks so tits on them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]

I can understand the mindset, especially having used a fair shit of mil issue kit downrange that wasn't worth a shit. I'm kicking myself myself for selling the S&B 4-16x PMII I had. Oh well.

The MK5HD 3.6-18x is good to go and satisfies the requirements, so I'm leaning toward running that exclusively.
View All Quotes

I had a not-so-glowing experience with a Leupold Mk8 as well, though my gripe really resides with the service department. Never again. Nightforce for life.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By under9:
View Quote

Most all of them wore CQBSS’s.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By j-dubya1:

Most all of them wore CQBSS’s.
View Quote

Thanks - Should of said my ECC is wearing a CQBSS and looking for something different.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#16]
For what it's worth, I love the aesthetics of Leupold optics - especially on SR25 variants. That said, Nightforce optics are just as sexy.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Do you have any pics from their deployments that you can post? Would love to see some pics of personal optics in country!

I'm kicking myself myself for selling the S&B 4-16x PMII I had. Oh well.
View Quote

S&B 4-16 is a great scope, sounds like you need to track down another!

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Nightforce for life.
View Quote

I have over 40 NightForce scopes in my collection right now, so I couldn't agree more! NightForce for life!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
For what it's worth, I love the aesthetics of Leupold optics - especially on SR25 variants. That said, Nightforce optics are just as sexy.

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/Qa1otu2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OsxvAuM.jpg
View Quote

Like button.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghostface] [#19]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43501/KIMG0012_JPG-1820237.JPG

View Quote

Very nice, she’s perfect! I wouldn’t change a single thing on her.

Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/Qa1otu2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OsxvAuM.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, I dig Keymod....
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#20]

I have over 40 NightForce scopes in my collection right now, so I couldn't agree more! NightForce for life!!!
View Quote

I know I nearly shit a brick every time you post that family portrait.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I think about how i could pay off my mortgage lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#22]

S&B 4-16 is a great scope, sounds like you need to track down another!

View Quote

@USMCSGT0331 Yeah the S&B was a unit scope (like the #33 @Teufelhunden1 posted in this thread a couple pages back) with rack #24 engraved on it IIRC, and it had an H27 reticle in it. One of the less common variants. Would've been a great fit for the MK11 had I known I'd be building one. I'll stick with the MK4. It's true to form and Leupold assured me they'll take care of me if I run into issues. BTW, I think I've seen your collection of NF glass in the mil sniper rig thread. Nice collection of glass you got going on there. The envy of all of us no doubt.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Shit, his Sniper clones made me pass out nearly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Be a friend and pop a photo of them in here so we don’t have to go hunting the photo
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Get in!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Okay, I'll say it: That M110 looks SO much better without that bulky-ass railed gas block. Probably gonna catch a napalm-strike from the purists but IDGAF.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCSGT0331] [#28]
Originally Posted By bleaman225:

Be a friend and pop a photo of them in here so we don't have to go hunting the photo
View All Quotes

Be a friend and pop a photo of them in here so we don't have to go hunting the photo

This photo is from about a year ago, the collection has grown since then.......

The XM3 is also legit, that rifle was issued to my buddy when we were in Iraq (I purchased it from the CMP). Since it had a NightForce scope on it, I thought it would be cool to put it in the NF photo. No civilian scopes in there, everything is Milspec, Recon Nav Spec, Nav Spec, Army Spec, etc., etc., etc. marked

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]

https://i.imgur.com/Nb5ebMq.jpg

The XM3 is also legit, that rifle was issued to my buddy when we were in Iraq (I purchased it from the CMP). Since it had a NightForce scope on it, I thought it would be cool to put it in the NF photo. No civilian scopes in there, everything is Milspec, Recon Nav Spec, Nav Spec, Army Spec, etc., etc., etc. marked

https://i.imgur.com/3pVl6O1.jpg
View All Quotes

All I have to say is.....jeebus.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Sploooooooooooooooooooooosh
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Link?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Link?

Prepare to be jelly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]
What page is his spread on?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:
View Quote

Just scroll through the thread. You'll be happy you did.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Yes thank you for helping overcome my laziness. That was intense!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Page 52.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#39]
All OEM, ca. 2001...<50 rounds down the pipe.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By The-Ant1-Liberal:

https://i.imgur.com/OhjvVn2.jpg
View Quote

Stunning.  Me hopes the LunchBox goes this route.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#41]
To be fair, we know the barrel will be a 16" dimpled affair, but I would like an old-school type rail setup.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
To be fair, we know the barrel will be a 16" dimpled affair, but I would like an old-school type rail setup.
View Quote

Dang.  Thanks for the info on the barrel.  I guess I missed the memo.

I was selfishly wanting a 20" barrel with the non-ambi lower.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Badass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Charlie Mike...

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Charlie Mike...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8045/6ItbJ1.jpg
View Quote

Killer!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#48]
guys I picked up an ACC upper and it had a .452 zero target.  How normal is this?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Beautiful pair!
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes I know there's a SR25 thread but in this much more awesome thread we're posting about your Mk11 and M110 variants clone; either of the rifle or of it in action!

Remember,

I'll start off with my trade-in EMC "M110 Carbine"

https://i.imgur.com/hPWOu06.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PgXFWhM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wil4u6g.jpg
View Quote

What pack is this that you have the rifle strapped to? How practical is it?
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top