Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This might sound like a weird question to ask here, but do you think the Perst-2 would fit on the right side rail of a Steyr AUG A3 M1?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
So whats the shipping look like from ivantactical.com ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
REMOVED
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]

REMOVED
View Quote
Yeah, I was going to order from you but Ivan tactical was a little cheaper and they rated the IR illuminator and laser at a little higher output than what was on your website and I wasn’t sure if you had old stock and they had an updated version or something. I’m still going to be waiting another month on my PVS-14 through TNVC anyway so theres really no need for me to rush on getting the IR laser, but I’m still impatient on getting new toys.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:44:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the power dial on the switch work on the illuminator, or just the pointers?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does the power dial on the switch work on the illuminator, or just the pointers?
View Quote
My understanding is default it only works the IR illuminator. You switch to pointer to adjust pointer with it then go back to both and it adjusts the illuminator only.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Either way sounds workable.    I'm getting tired of not having enough illumination horsepower for anything beyond short range and don't want to go with a D2.

You guys think setting up rifles for IR is expensive, wait until you have to have at least 2 of everything because your spouse wants one

Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my Perst 3 today in mail, very nice unit so far from my few hours at the range day time hours.

Going into my bathroom and looking at the IR laser comparing to the Eotech LBC2 laser is night and day, the Perst 3 is easily 3x as bright with no severe spider web or washout.
Living in Alaska kinda sucks partly because we are either in Complete darkness or bathing in almost 24 hours of light, with a few months of transitional periods with proper night and day light cycles.
So I will have to do a more extensive review come August or later when the sun falls below the horizon, or i find a dark warehouse which is less likely.

I can say the Red laser is on par with an Eotech LBC/Streamlight TLR series/Sightmark Pro maybe a few mW stronger. Nothing noticeable like the IR vs IR.
I am quite interested in purchasing a Perst 4 with just the Vis and IR laser, to see the Green + performance versus the standard red vis laser.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I selected DHL express when I bought my Perst 2 and it really was 4 days door to door
$60 for express shipping vs $30 for regular, that was a no brainer on an $1800 laser
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I know these haven't been in the public long, BUT has anyone had a need for warranty work yet? I'm guessing this is the biggest negative to purchasing one of these units. Just wondering if there is any way to have these serviced if the need arises.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know these haven't been in the public long, BUT has anyone had a need for warranty work yet? I'm guessing this is the biggest negative to purchasing one of these units. Just wondering if there is any way to have these serviced if the need arises.
View Quote
That’s a great question for BPT, and a HUGE reason to buy from them and spend a little more if they play middle-man in warranty issues.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#14]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe! respond in this forum and let me know if it was enough to run in class, never had the opportunity.
View Quote
@Kryptracker

So I used it 2 weekends ago for the class.

My thoughts are based on this class is that get the brightest white light you can. Get a laser/illuminator in one and be mindful of an white light ND.

The 952v is a 100-150 PID for a human based target. Pigs/varments you can get away with more because you're not worried about getting shot at by four legged critters.  With that though, PID EVERYTHING before you pull the trigger. Cows and pigs look alot alike in the dark.

Two legged critters will need much more information available and I just dont see the 952v giving it past 100yds. The illumination of the D2 was downright impressive and it would be a tossup between the mawl,d2, and the perst.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I found some Perst 3 lasers supposedly in stock on Ebay. The seller is named "zenitco." I don't know if that is the manufacturer selling them or someone related to the company or... I sent an email to the seller asking some questions. The person who responded is named Dimitriy. I wonder if it's the Dimitriy from a lot of the Zenitco videos.

I asked specifically what was the difference between the 3 and the 3+ Plus models. I think I heard in one of the many videos I've watched that the IR part of the system may also get a boost in the Plus model, but don't think that is the case. I got this response:

MAIN DIFFERENCE IN MORE POWERFUL GREEN LASER ITS 2.3 TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAT SIMPLE GREEN ONE.

PERST-3+ Plus most powerfull and better among all the others in Zenitco Product Line.

Attached you will find laser specification. As we can see Green Super Perst 3 PLUS + has 18 mW laser, as simple Perst has 8 mW
So Perst 3 Plus + has 2.3 times more powerfull visible laser.
In order to see it on video here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtKsQvW8m_0

This is official Zenitco channel and you can see Perst-4 test,
Perst-4 has same visual laser's modules as Perst-3.
In Zenitco lasers product line there is a 3 different sectors. And dividing them on sectors became by visual lasers, which are the same for all models: 1) RED 2) Green 3) Green Plus+

Here is another link on Zenitco official video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBUVGubA9A

Here you can see Perst-3 working in visible/invisible spector (day/night)

Perst-3 has special IR illumination, its not the same as in Night Vision Devices. Its not IR LED.
This is fluffed Laser. So it forms a solid flow that works on very good distance - 1000 meters.

And of course it is not IR flashlight because it has NO reflector,and has super compact size.

Also Perst 3 plus + has ring around laser output made from "Gold" metal.

Other data for Super Perst 3 PLUS +:

Specification:
Wavelength - Visible Green Laser: 520 nm
Output power - Visible Green: 18mW
Wavelength - Invisible IR Laser: 850 nm
Output power - Invisible IR Laser: 20mW
Wavelength - IR Light Illuminator: 850 nm
Output power - IR Light Illuminator: 500mW
Range/Visibility - Visible Green Laser: as i was testing more than 2.5 kilometers
Range/Visibility - IR Laser: 1000 m
Range/Visibility - IR Light Illuminator: 1000 m
Temperature: -40° C to +65° C
Battery: CR 123
Material: Aircraft Aluminum D16T
Color: Black
Weight (with battery): 250 gramm
Waterproof: Yes
Activation Switch: Integrated Push Button
Remote Cable Pressure Pad: Yes
Set Includes:
Perst-3 -1pcs

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
When I asked about warranty and service if the need arises for customers in the US,  this was the response.

"Several times I have requests from USA owners who have Perst needs some spare parts, but item was not bought from me.
Zenitco support them - and I send some spare parts just for free.
Of course sometimes - very rare item may be defective - we exchange it without questions, and we pay the delivery expenses."

Just an FYI.

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know, if the unit were to fail and Zenitco was willing to replace it, could it even be shipped out of the states?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#19]
My PERST-4 from Ivan came in today.  Paid for the slow shipping, got it in 7 days.  YMMV.

So far I am very happy with it.  About to chuck my PEQ-2 and DBAL-i2 in the trash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to chuck em in the ongoing dumpster fire and see what happens.

I tried the PERST-4, DBAL-i2, and PEQ-2A side by side.  The PERST on the lowest setting appears lower than the i2, be it IR or Green laser.  On the highest setting it is clearly more powerful than the i2, but the i2 still seems to perform well in the comparison I did.

The -4 IR laser compared well to the 25mw PEQ-2A laser.

If I were to nitpick, I would point out the following.

I could do without the blinking mode.

The wire loop sorta sticks out and can catch on stuff.  Should be attached to the body.  It is just going to be a matter of minutes before break that. . . ooops....

I put it back on, then broke it for good.

When you reduce the power of the green laser, it does this by pulsing the laser.  So when you move or sweep the green laser at lower power it appears to be dashes instead of a solid line.  Minor annoyance.

The biggest complaint would be that the angled lens in the front causes a sort of glare.  This gives the green laser and ir laser a little partial large halo.

But, I can live with those issues with how awesome the rest of it is.  Best tape switch ever, but I am kinda worried that the attachment point for it would be a weak spot.

I noticed that the PERST was way way off compared to the other lasers.  When I mounted it on a rifle I had to make a major elevation adjustment to bring it parallel to the bore.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
[b]
When you reduce the power of the green laser, it does this by pulsing the laser.  So when you move or sweep the green laser at lower power it appears to be dashes instead of a solid line.  Minor annoyance.
View Quote
Can you check and confirm if this is the same behavior for the IR laser?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can you check and confirm if this is the same behavior for the IR laser?
View Quote
It does.  Now I am talking about rapid movements.

I recorded it with my phone, but the phone changes the look.

With the DBAL and PERST set to low, the DBAL laser looks like a steady line, and the PERST dashes.
In the video, the DBAL will look like dashes and the PERST dots due to the frame rate of recording.

Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Perst-4 by J M, on Flickr
Perst-4 by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It does.  Now I am talking about rapid movements.

With the DBAL and PERST set to low, the DBAL laser looks like a steady line, and the PERST dashes.
View Quote
Interesting. Having been on the receiving end of these things a few times now this makes me a tad uncomfortable.

I guess it's entirely possible the unit is also reducing power output while also using a pulsed beam to give a perception of further reduction in power... but its good to know this unit even at it's lowest setting is probably unsafe.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Seems like they could move the pressure button forward on the PERST3 and have a toolless battery access on the rear so it could just be unscrewed similar to the PERST2 and updated PERST4. That is the only thing holding me back from buying one at the moment. Feel like an updated version is going to be released as soon as I click buy.

Has anyone checked how well the units hold zero? Do you need to dial your settings only in ine direction like some Steiner units require?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My PERST-4 from Ivan came in today.  Paid for the slow shipping, got it in 7 days.  YMMV.

So far I am very happy with it.  About to chuck my PEQ-2 and DBAL-i2 in the trash.
View Quote
I also have a PEQ-2 and although dated, the only thing holding me back from replacing it is that the adjustable illuminator function on the PEQ is excellent. What's your opinion of the illuminator on the PERST? How would you rate it in comparison to the PEQ? The PERST is able to focus the illuminator from spot to flood, correct?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I seriously can't be the only person to have a laser and not wave it around, right?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#32]
For those who are wondering... Daniel Defense fixed front sight clears the Perst-3

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
The perst-3 illuminator is a pain to zero in. Anyone else having issues?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#35]
What kind of problems are you having?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The perst-3 illuminator is a pain to zero in. Anyone else having issues?
View Quote
No. You’re not the only one.

It’s an utterly fantastic unit, but illuminator “zero” is a complete and total disaster.

Battery replacement is a PITA.

Illumination aperture needs to open-up to DOUBLE the current max diameter.

Then... it would be perfect.

I hear Gen 2 fixes a couple of things.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

--snip

I hear Gen 2 fixes a couple of things.
View Quote
and hear I am about to guy a Perst-3.  When are the gen 2 supposed to be available?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
and hear I am about to guy a Perst-3.  When are the gen 2 supposed to be available?
View Quote
It’s all rumors and vaporware right now. Maybe months, possibly more.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone know anything about the smaller Klesh Ir laser/illuminator?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#40]
So I just ordered a perst 4

Did anyone ever order the mega perst 2

I see 3 in stock I’m super tempted.

Anyone have pics of one of these with the Illuminator?

Mega Perst
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a -2 yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I ordered a -2 yesterday.
View Quote
Please post info on it when it comes in. I would love to see pics of the Illuminator in action and read some feedback from someone stateside.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm a little worried about that illuminator.  I used a 800mW one years ago and you could see it in daylight. 1.2watt just seems too powerful for anything I would want to do.  I might see if I can make a diffuser for it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Please post info on it when it comes in. I would love to see pics of the Illuminator in action and read some feedback from someone stateside.
View Quote
I have a PERST-2 at my house in Texas and will be back late July. I'll try to get some video then
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#45]
This is for hodgescl. I have and use a Klesh and I love it. It's a 2IKS. It was talked about a bunch early in the thread and there's even a couple photos someplace in the thread. The only down sides to it for me are, it's kinda blob like on the side of the gun. It's hard to zero and it's a LED illumination rather than laser (but I sorta like that, better field of view). And have to be super careful with it being a full power unit. But for me and shooting inside 200yrds (normally 50-100yards or less) it works great. I think it's the best deal out there in the IR world, I am super happy with it, for me it's a huge step up from my OTAL-c and I love the illumination it puts out, it's like it lights up my whole field of view out to 200yrds. Kicks tail on a ar pistol..... Oh and get the upgraded switch... the switch rocks... I am still toying with getting a perst-3 but I am really happy and still learning with my 2IKS, seems good enough for me, for now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
anybody know if the perst 3 laser/illuminator would be obscured by the front sight post, or something like the scalarworks peak sight?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
anybody know if the perst 3 laser/illuminator would be obscured by the front sight post, or something like the scalarworks peak sight?
View Quote
A Perst3 would not be. The lasers are offset from the bore to avoid this.

Other models might be.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#48]
alright thanks, just couldnt tell by some pictures. Saw it effect the laser portion and illuminator on most of the front sight posts I saw, with the PEQ leaf sight being the only one that did not...but thats a $250 sight and im not exactly wealthy
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is for hodgescl. I have and use a Klesh and I love it. It's a 2IKS. It was talked about a bunch early in the thread and there's even a couple photos someplace in the thread. The only down sides to it for me are, it's kinda blob like on the side of the gun. It's hard to zero and it's a LED illumination rather than laser (but I sorta like that, better field of view). And have to be super careful with it being a full power unit. But for me and shooting inside 200yrds (normally 50-100yards or less) it works great. I think it's the best deal out there in the IR world, I am super happy with it, for me it's a huge step up from my OTAL-c and I love the illumination it puts out, it's like it lights up my whole field of view out to 200yrds. Kicks tail on a ar pistol..... Oh and get the upgraded switch... the switch rocks... I am still toying with getting a perst-3 but I am really happy and still learning with my 2IKS, seems good enough for me, for now.
View Quote
Thank you for sharing this. Now I need to order one of these to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
alright thanks, just couldnt tell by some pictures. Saw it effect the laser portion and illuminator on most of the front sight posts I saw, with the PEQ leaf sight being the only one that did not...but thats a $250 sight and im not exactly wealthy
View Quote
Well, hold off, I could easily be wrong....

ETA: up the page is a pic of it easily clearing the DD fixed front BUIS (user AptGet)
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top