Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NC_Parrothead:

I did a cert on 4/3, SS trust, 1 RP. Still waiting. The dealer I got I from said they're seeing 3-4 months for trusts. I'm not quite at 3 months yet. Once I hit 4 I may start to get more irked. Or just give up checking and treat it like we used to treat the wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arndog123:
Got 2 approvals this morning.  Certified April 4 and 17.  Trust with 1 RP.

Certified a can yesterday and wishing it would be batched approved with these 2 but it doesn't look like it.

I did a cert on 4/3, SS trust, 1 RP. Still waiting. The dealer I got I from said they're seeing 3-4 months for trusts. I'm not quite at 3 months yet. Once I hit 4 I may start to get more irked. Or just give up checking and treat it like we used to treat the wait.

Im planning on getting another 308 can soon as well as a 22lr can, so I may pull the trigger as an trust on one, give it a little bit of time then go for an individual as another.  Assuming the individual goes quick, Ill do the ‘hey, i got approved for X, can you approve Y and Z too?’
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#2]
So I've been trying to figure out why I'm delayed.

Can't be clearance, many people have that and NFA.

Best I can figure, it's my father.

Same first name, same last, different middle (so no jr) lives in CO too, and also has a TSSC. Different address, but I'm thinking if they type my name in, 2 hits come back, but different socials, so they toss it in the Milton-In-The-Basement pile to be checked when they get to it.

Attachment Attached File

Only thing I can think of to delay me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
So I've been trying to figure out why I'm delayed.

Can't be clearance, many people have that and NFA.

Best I can figure, it's my father.

Same first name, same last, different middle (so no jr) lives in CO too, and also has a TSSC. Different address, but I'm thinking if they type my name in, 2 hits come back, but different socials, so they toss it in the Milton-In-The-Basement pile to be checked when they get to it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000005091_jpg-3252025.JPG

Only thing I can think of to delay me.
View Quote

I don’t know why I get delayed with nfa stuff, maybe because I have no middle name and I’m a jr, like a double whammy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

Interesting. Although I haven’t yet heard back from my representative’s office after the email saying they were reaching out to the FBI, it would be one hell of a coincidence that my approval came in just a few short days after they said they were going to do so.  I figured they just haven’t gotten around to notifying me of their FBI inquiry, not knowing that it already had the desired effect, but I will update this thread if I hear anything back from them.
View Quote

UPDATE-  As I expected, my rep’s office was just a little delayed in getting back to me.  They indeed inquired with the FBI NICS division and received a reply they shared with me that said they returned the results of my BG check to the ATF on the 21st.  So congresspersons’ staff can indeed make these inquiries.  Thought you may want to know this.  

Below is my note back to the aide who helped me, along with some commentary on the matter:

Thank you for following up on this situation and providing me with this update. I’d like to let you know that I actually received notification from the ATF on Sunday, June 23 that my Form 4 application was approved. Essentially, it seems that the FBI completed my NICS background check after your office reached out to them this past week and nearly 4 months after my initial application. I believe it is safe to assume that it was your inquiry that finally got things moving along on this matter. For this, I am very thankful to your office.

Because I know it is important to you in your office to understand what your constituents face when dealing with government agencies, I would like to leave you with this parting comment. Background checks to determine eligibility for regulated firearm-related items happen every day in America at retail counters. These background checks are initiated electronically and results are delivered in mere minutes.  Additionally, law enforcement officers have the ability to run a national database criminal background check in their patrol cars on the side of the road in minutes.  It is concerning to me that the background check required as part of a tax paid ATF application process for items such as the one I just dealt with seems to take an unreasonably long amount of time.

At face value, and in consideration of how quickly the background checks I mentioned above get done every single day in this country, it is hard to view the situation I went through and the delay I experienced as being anything other than either an indicator of poor organization within the FBI NICS process or an intentional delay in the process of a law-abiding citizen exercising their constitutional right.  The first possibility is concerning enough in this day and age of the speed of computerized processes.  The second potential explanation is downright concerning.  Again, keep in mind that when your office inquired about this matter it was immediately handled, after four months of waiting.  I am curious as to how much longer I would have waited if I hadn’t brought this to the attention of your office.  

Again, thank you for your assistance and also for considering my comments on this matter.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Got notified my supressor shipped today from Kentucky.  Hopefully it arrives quick and my ffl submits my form 4 pretty quick. Once my form 4 is submitted I'll update on here then we can track how long it takes for my approval.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just had the two I have been waiting on approved today!

Both eforms & eprints

1st submitted 9/28/2023

2nd submitted 11/28/2023

274 & 213 days.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:

Both eforms & eprints

1st submitted 9/28/2023

2nd submitted 11/28/2023

274 & 213 days.
View Quote

Glad you are getting your stuff.  Damn crime they made you wait that long.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:

Both eforms & eprints

1st submitted 9/28/2023

2nd submitted 11/28/2023

274 & 213 days.
View Quote

You are giving me hope. I’m waiting on (2) certified on 9/7/23. Congrats man.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:05:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaAR] [#9]
Originally Posted By ArizonaAR:
Certified an hour ago on 6/21 on a trust. The wait begins...
View Quote

Got an email from SS saying average wait of 109 days to expect my can in Oct
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Hopefully, you get within the average.  I am over that on multiples.  I am a thoroughly vetted person at this point so just the DOJ doing the only thing they know, delivering injustice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I didn't know they sent out emails like that. I've not gotten one of those before.  As it the average or the median?

Also, ATF updated their stats as of June 1 - average for individuals is 33, for trusts is 130. At least according to them. But it did come down from the month before.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]

I didn't know they sent out emails like that. I've not gotten one of those before.  As it the average or the median?

Also, ATF updated their stats as of June 1 - average for individuals is 33, for trusts is 130. At least according to them. But it did come down from the month before.
View Quote

The email said Average. As of today July 1, SS site says 99 days Median so it's still a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]

The email said Average. As of today July 1, SS site says 99 days Median so it's still a crap shoot.
View Quote

Today makes 91 days on my MG7. Maybe I'll get in at or around the median.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#14]
Seems wait times are slowly going up. Mine is an eForm individual.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
E Form 4 on a trust. Bought in December last year. Certified the 3rd of January at Capitol Armory, just got the email about 10min ago saying they got the approval.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#16]
This is something - they not doing batch approvals anymore?

Can 1 - cert/submitted 10/03/2023 - still pending
Can 2 - cert/submitted 06/21/2024 - approved today 7/2

Both individual, both SS. Pictures good, everything’s good, I had actually called about 3 weeks ago to make sure Can 1 didn’t have anything outstanding and was assured it was with an examiner. First time I ever called
to check status of a submission.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Supressor arrived at my l9cal shop. They are supposed to do paperwork tomorrow. Once I sign my form 4 and it's submitted, I'll update on here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I submitted mine 6/27/24 and was approved today 7/2.

Will pick up my can this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Submitted 6/28, approved today e-form individual.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#20]
At 90 days and still waiting, liking these quick approval’s lol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Submitted 3 Form 4's on April 29 2024, still waiting
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
At 90 days and still waiting, liking these quick approval’s lol.
View Quote

Today was my 3 digit celebration.

100 days.

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting on an individual form 4 submitted May 6.

Just dropped 3 trust form 4's, so we'll see how long these take.  My old lady knows me too well because when I got the email about them hitting "submitted" at 11:47 PM EST on July 3rd she asked how disappointed I was that I couldn't bitch about getting an email from ATF on Independence Day acknowledging that I was forced to pay a tax to exercise a right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#25]

100 days.

View Quote

Right behind ya, my fastest I got back this past January was 140 days, doubt I’ll beat that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#26]

100 days.

View Quote

128 days Ind F4. I'm 30 days longer than my last approval in 2016 Ind F1.
I also have another Ind F1 at 50 days.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

128 days Ind F4. I'm 30 days longer than my last approval in 2016 Ind F1.
I also have another Ind F1 at 50 days.
View Quote

Yup my last several F1 indv only took 60-90 days.

Still under my last form 4 though, which was  420 days
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Im at 70

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 3:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#30]
submitted right before the 4th. hopefully i get the call before next weekend

7-2-24 submitted, 7-8-24 approved
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I just had a batch approval for two suppressors certified about two weeks apart back in March.
Trust with 2 RPs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I noticed wait times are slowly increasing.

Still patiently waiting my turn. My 4473 transfers are going through quickly and I am behaving. No speeding tickets or nothing.

lol

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm currently waiting for silencershop to do their thing so my form 4 can get certified and submitted.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I hit 111 days today. Certified on March 19th.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]
SS sent it to ATF for approval on 6/21, the can is at the dealer so I'm not one of the guys getting it back in a couple days like they were talking about at a different shop.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#36]
On 6/24 I hit 4 months since certification and I got an email from Quiet Riot advising me to email nicsliaison@fbi(dot)gov along with a template. Below is the canned response I got back:

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available.

My former congressman’s office was very helpful back in 2019 with getting things moving after being stuck in the “pending FBI background check” black hole. Unfortunately, my current representative is Lucy McBath so I’m not even going to bother contacting her office.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
On 6/24 I hit 4 months since certification and I got an email from Quiet Riot advising me to email nicsliaison@fbi(dot)gov along with a template. Below is the canned response I got back:

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available.

My former congressman’s office was very helpful back in 2019 with getting things moving after being stuck in the “pending FBI background check” black hole. Unfortunately, my current representative is Lucy McBath so I’m not even going to bother contacting her office.
View Quote

I got the same exact response from NICSLiason.

My congressional office told me that they cannot make inquiries to the FBI/NICS. They did ping the ATF, who told them that I'm in delayed status (no shit, 107 days). Otherwise, nothing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Signed my form 4 yesterday. Waiting on certification and submission. Only thing I hate about silencer shop is they take their sweet time submitting to atf.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#39]

My congressional office told me that they cannot make inquiries to the FBI/NICS. They did ping the ATF, who told them that I'm in delayed status (no shit, 107 days). Otherwise, nothing.
View Quote

They absolutely can contact the FBI, mine did in 2019, though I did have to sign a privacy waiver.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Monday made 14 weeks since my individual eForm 4 submission.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Been waiting on 2 since 4.16.24
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:38:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#42]
Waiting on one since March 5th.  Trust, single responsible person.

I had two others approved in April (purchased in December) under the same trust.  I emailed several of the gov emails people posted for a batch approval but no response.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

This is absolutely false, so don’t let them feed you that line of BS. Search for my posts earlier in this thread where I detail my experience with my representative on this very same issue. They can look into this for you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

This is absolutely false, so don’t let them feed you that line of BS. Search for my posts earlier in this thread where I detail my experience with my representative on this very same issue. They can look into this for you.
View Quote

Maybe so, and I'm sure others have had success with it. I asked then twice and they said they can't.

Probably doesn't help that my congressman is a limp-dick liberal asswipe.

I'm just stuck waiting, like the last form 4 suppressor I got.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#45]
Form submitted today. Clock starts now. I'm headed out of state to NC tomorrow, so hopefully it will get approved while I'm gone. Will be back on Tuesday.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my 2nd NFA Trust Batch Approval today for six more suppressors and an SBR!

First batch approval took 10 weeks. Ditto for this approval.

It sucks, I have a certification meeting with my SOT scheduled for tomorrow too on three more cans...
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#47]
From my rep's staff...

Please review the response I have received from our ATF Congressional Liaison. I have also contacted the FBI's Congressional Office to look into this matter, as soon as I receive a response I will notify you.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 11/18/23.  As of 7/3/24, it is PENDING with ATF because it is in a DELAYED status with the FBI’s Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). DELAYED status with FBI/NICS could mean that there’s an issue in the applicant’s record, or something that needs to be corrected or clarified. ATF cannot complete the transfer without a definitive PROCEED from FBI/NICS.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 6/10/24.  As of 7/3/24, it is PENDING with ATF because it is in a DELAYED status with the FBI’s Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). DELAYED status with FBI/NICS could mean that there’s an issue in the applicant’s record, or something that needs to be corrected or clarified. ATF cannot complete the transfer without a definitive PROCEED from FBI/NICS.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 6/19/24.  As of 7/3/24, the application is PENDING with ATF. The current processing times may be found at: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/current-processing-times. Current average processing times are 130-248 days for Form 4s with a trust. Please know that the times listed are average processing times. Some applications may take longer due to many factors.  

Originally reached out to my rep on 6/24.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By costanza:
From my rep's staff...

Please review the response I have received from our ATF Congressional Liaison. I have also contacted the FBI's Congressional Office to look into this matter, as soon as I receive a response I will notify you.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 11/18/23.  As of 7/3/24, it is PENDING with ATF because it is in a DELAYED status with the FBI’s Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). DELAYED status with FBI/NICS could mean that there’s an issue in the applicant’s record, or something that needs to be corrected or clarified. ATF cannot complete the transfer without a definitive PROCEED from FBI/NICS.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 6/10/24.  As of 7/3/24, it is PENDING with ATF because it is in a DELAYED status with the FBI’s Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). DELAYED status with FBI/NICS could mean that there’s an issue in the applicant’s record, or something that needs to be corrected or clarified. ATF cannot complete the transfer without a definitive PROCEED from FBI/NICS.

Form/eForm XXXXXXX, control # XXXXXXX, was received on 6/19/24.  As of 7/3/24, the application is PENDING with ATF. The current processing times may be found at: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/current-processing-times. Current average processing times are 130-248 days for Form 4s with a trust. Please know that the times listed are average processing times. Some applications may take longer due to many factors.  

Originally reached out to my rep on 6/24.
View Quote

I received the exact same status description on mine along with the rep’s office saying they were reaching out to the FBI for more info.  A little over a week later I got my approval.  I think the NICS people sit on some of these and then magically instantly provide the BGC results to ATF when they get an inquiry from a rep’s office.   Fuckers.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Trust form 1 submitted 7/4
Just approved today 7/10
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Decided to send an email to my congressman Tim Burchett from east Tenn.
Will see if I get a response soon and reaction from the FBI NICS office about it.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top