Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Im voting for trump because Ghengis Khan isnt on the ballot.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's why I kinda want to just go ahead and green light this bullshit and get it over with.

I can come up with an inflation hedging strategy for myself and everyone giddy with their monopoly money can get .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the bright side, most of that money will pretty quickly find itself circulating in the economy.

Yeah, we ran that experiment already in 2020 and it didn't go well.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/Capture_JPG-3098633.JPG

The faster the inflated money hits the economy the WORSE the effects it has.

eta: it devalues everyone's currency quicker.

The only one that gets to spend the inflated money at near to the value it was when the expansion happened are the very first few spenders.

That's why I kinda want to just go ahead and green light this bullshit and get it over with.

I can come up with an inflation hedging strategy for myself and everyone giddy with their monopoly money can get .
Sure, but you can't produce everything those other people who are getting screwed produce.

That level of inflation hitting everything very quickly just might tip off hyperinflation, and *nobody* is safe from that, because it collapses society.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is never going to happen. They never meant for it to happen. This is to make white people hate Black people, and make Black people hate white people. Nothing more.
View Quote

I'm of a split mind on this.

Part of me thinks that there's no way that anyone could be so stupid as to think that this plan has any chance of success.  Bowman is bright enough to get himself elected to a federal office, so he can't be THAT stupid.  He HAS to have this as his ulterior motive.

Quoted:
The most dangerous imbeciles are the ones who don’t know they are imbeciles.
View Quote

The other part of me thinks that Bowman truly is that stupid.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The only one that gets to spend the inflated money at near to the value it was when the expansion happened are the very first few spenders.
View Quote

The way around adding to inflation is just take from peoples retirement plans and directly from bank accounts . We will reach equity quicker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Include the Irish and I am all in.

GT3RS mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
620,000 mostly white guys DIED during the civil war. Most of them young men

That wasn’t enough?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The way around adding to inflation is just take from peoples retirement plans and directly from bank accounts . We will reach equity quicker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No... because that doesn't bring everyone down equally. It would just shuffle the cards around and wind up screwing people who saved and were retired more than everyone else.

Also, there's no political will to do that, because the people that are in power know they'd be taken to the cleaners for doing it.

It would also make capitol flee and collapse trust in the system.

The MMT dolts think you can tax inflation down and that somehow that would help.

The only way to fix currency inflation is to *not do it* in the first place.

At least that I know of. It would be great if there was another way to do it without immorally screwing people over in the process.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If we are going down this road………can  we start tallying up the financial damage “some folks” have done to society vs. their contribution?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reparations have been paid in blood and Affirmative Action, DE&I and Welfare........they deserve nothing further
View Quote

Stealing that...
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, Black People, but you've already gotten your reparations thanks to the various affirmative action and social programs that benefit you.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not a problem, $14T can be printed in a matter of hours.  
View Quote
This!! Whats the big deal.

And whilst we are compensating everyone , I should be compensated for the trauma of some US soldier trying to root my Grandma back
in 1942.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
so, every white person existing today would have to pay 5 million dollars to blacks.

Paid by whites that never owned a slave.

A huge population of whites (Germans, Irish and Italians) came after the civil war.

So add 50% to the national debt to pay people that weren't slaves paid by people that weren't slave owners.

edit: Most of the US before the civil war did not own slaves and most states did not allow it.

Most slaves were sold to Spanish and Dutch by Africans.
View Quote

My family owned slaves.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want reparations form the barbary coast and Roman Empire for white slavery.
View Quote

Isn't it interesting how the slave trade of the barbary pirates is never discussed and most people have zero knowledge of it. Lots of White Europeans were taken as slaves by the barbarian pirates conducting raids on European coastal villages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I would assume the .gov would tax it at 50%
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
They can collect from Kamala.  Her family has owned more slaves than mine has.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Part of me thinks that there's no way that anyone could be so stupid as to think that this plan has any chance of success.  Bowman is bright enough to get himself elected to a federal office, so he can't be THAT stupid.  He HAS to have this as his ulterior motive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is never going to happen. They never meant for it to happen. This is to make white people hate Black people, and make Black people hate white people. Nothing more.

Quoted:
The most dangerous imbeciles are the ones who don’t know they are imbeciles.

Communism could not use the "workers of the world overthrow the owners of the means of production" greed against the American middle class property owners...as we worked with the owners of the means of production to produce top rated goods for the world market...

They got smart and began to use race, gender, national origin, creed to turn us against each other...and one more reason for them to hate Christianity...
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#17]
That's like $300k per person.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought America was becoming more “brown” as whitey is on the way out? Has anyone told those of hispanic decent they will be on the hook for this?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Just think all of you who did the ancestry thing that came back with a hint of black can now claim a need for reparations.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The US didn’t invent slavery.
View Quote

Correct. Not by a lonnnnnnnng shot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought welfare and DEI were reparations...how's that not enough?
View Quote

It will never be enough, it doesn't matter how much they get, the hand will always be out for more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder what the total cost of affirmative action has been to the Country?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Where are reparations for the descendants of the Irish and eastern Europe as in  Yugoslavia the term Slavic translates to slave or land of slaves. Whose paying us reparations?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Reparations for black America would be like me buying laptops for my cats. Isn't the US bending over backwards to kiss their asses for 50 years enough?
No group in human history has had government largess bestowed upon them the likes of which black America has. When is enough enough?

View Quote

It won't be enough until white people are picking cotton in the fields. Even then, it won't be enough.

You keep giving people something for nothing, and they'll expect more until the end of time.

Every year when school starts, just before the free breakfasts and lunches begin, backpacks and school supplies are given away.   And don't forget those warm winter coats every single year. That's on Chicago tv every year, no doubt it's nationwide.

Kid wants to play sports; here have everything you need for free. White people get to pay for their kids, and these kids too. Great system.

Between those things, welfare and the sad state of our cities, I have to say it's more than even. In fact you could say they should pay to rebuild the cities they've destroyed.

It should be amusing when their voting block is replaced by others. It's happening already in NYC and Chicago and the whining has started big time.

"They're getting our free stuff!!"
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#26]
My family didn't get here till after 1900 so  go fuck yourselves.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#27]
As more of these radical scumbags are elected and gain more power this is just the beginning of their insanity.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
And to think if it wasn't for Slavery, a good 13% of the US Population would be living in Africa. Since life's so great over there.

He's an idea. How about if anyone that feels that America owes them reparations. OK!  Here is your moving expense voucher. Here is the number you call to schedule the moving company. Here is $200,000. And finally here is your one way plane ticket to Liberia. Bye!

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#29]
F’ing BS!!!

It will never end.  

Slavery ended 161 years ago.

Democrats have created a dependent and victim mentality culture.

60 years after the “I have a dream speech” the males of this vibrant culture still can’t pull up their  pants!!!

Shameful.  Not putting one more penny of my tax dollars to the POS’s!!!

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#30]
F’ing BS!!!

It will never end.  

60 years after the “I have a dream speech” the males of this vibrant culture still can’t pull up their  pants!!!

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What if someone is mixed how does that work?
View Quote

It's a slippery slope to a racial purity test.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll support a repatriation program.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m all for it when they find someone still alive that was a former slave.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#34]
What's sad is few enough people understand inflation that millions will believe that they aren't paying for it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#35]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#36]
They are right. The $14 Trillian should come straight from the organization that profited the most from slavery. The political party that fully supported, and fought a war over slavery. The Democratic party. Start cutting checks
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Its like listening to a retarded clown.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#38]
My family has never been compensated for the slaves being freed. I did the math one time and with interest and inflation, I think the government owe us a few hundred million.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#39]
edit...

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I support this.

Reparations are necessary to account for the racial wealth disparity we see today in America.

It is obviously the fault of racism, which is why African countries that were never colonized, like Ethiopia, ended up being just as prosperous as any European or East Asian country.
View Quote
This.

Its time for the white christian man to pay his fair share.
If it wasnt for white men, all of the western world would be as prosperous and advanced as Somalia.
But no...the white man need to have his industrial revolution....and his military industrial complex...and his space programs.

If only we had supported diversity and inclusion, and allowed the west to advance
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Every Jew and Christian deserves reparations from Egypt.
View Quote
What about us whos ancestors were forcibly removed from England and put on ships headed to an Australian prison colony? I DEMAND REPARATIONS FROM ENGLAND!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There will never be "enough". Only "more".

Quoted:
How about just give away tickets to go back to Africa if they want? Just have to rescind citizenship. If America is so bad, there is the option.

Because that's not how, grift, graft, & welfare work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#44]
"Enslaved Africans" - is that anything like "slaves"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
F’ing BS!!!
It will never end.  
Nuff said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F’ing BS!!!
It will never end.  
Nuff said.

https://i.imgur.com/XV8rDO7.gif
When future historians look back on America's collapse, they will find that the final act of the US federal government, was to send out a last batch of welfare checks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't laugh. A few years ago, Bono visited Africa with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil.
At one stop, Bono bemoaned the fact that it only cost $X to dig a well., and if the rest of the world just donated $XX, every village in the country could have their own well.
When O'Neil spoke, he reminded the crowd that the country in question had received enough foreign aid in the previous year to buy every family in the country their own well.
Guess whose comments were reported on by the press the next day?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Don't laugh. A few years ago, Bono visited Africa with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil.
At one stop, Bono bemoaned the fact that it only cost $X to dig a well., and if the rest of the world just donated $XX, every village in the country could have their own well.
When O'Neil spoke, he reminded the crowd that the country in question had received enough foreign aid in the previous year to buy every family in the country their own well.
Guess whose comments were reported on by the press the next day?

Then enter Mr Beast.

Dug 100 wells, gave clean water to around 500K people.

Called a racist for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Just like republicans, this dem has introduced this bill when the republicans control the house knowing full well there is not enough support and it will not pass.

This just a campaign publicity stunt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Pay it in student loan installments at state universities for STEM majors.
Fail to graduate and your credit rating is destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Social services programs have been handing out reparations for over 50 years
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top