User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Man U are getting dicked 3:1 by Brighton Hove Albion
View Quote
De Gea was about as close to set and forget as a goalkeeper for FPL as it got last year.  He had a meh WC and while I don’t usually put much weight on WC performances for club showings the next year, if Jose can’t even park the bus successfully this year I don’t know who the hell to use as a keeper.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
De Gea was about as close to set and forget as a goalkeeper for FPL as it got last year.  He had a meh WC and while I don’t usually put much weight on WC performances for club showings the next year, if Jose can’t even park the bus successfully this year I don’t know who the hell to use as a keeper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man U are getting dicked 3:1 by Brighton Hove Albion
I'm not too sure what is happening but BHA have been gearing up to come to fighting this year, and seem to have delivered for their fans.

I'd not write Man U off just yet.  They are still quite a potent side and BHA didn't get to the Premiership and stay there by being slouches so it;s not necessarily an indicator of things to come.

Understand the concern though.  Jose is not inspiring confidence at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not too sure what is happening but BHA have been gearing up to come to fighting this year, and seem to have delivered for their fans.

I'd not write Man U off just yet.  They are still quite a potent side and BHA didn't get to the Premiership and stay there by being slouches so it;s not necessarily an indicator of things to come.

View Quote
Man U has a lot of talent. They just don't all seem to be on the same page.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
In our league, just Groß probably had the captain of the year pick there
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to buy a cheap HD TV tomorrow so for the next game I can smash the shit out of it and not feel bad.  I know it's the second game but I need to vent already.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy that was ugly. From the boardroom to the pitch. Lack  of effort.

I’m not blaming DDG. Both goals resulted from poor central defending. Young and lindelof got victimized. Shaw was actually pretty good.

Not sure how this is gonna go. The confusion of Moyes and VG might be showing now.

Meanwhile KDB goes out for MC. No BFD.

I’m convinced the Glazers ordered the board and Wooward to play Billy Ball. Value rated players to maintain just good enough so the commercial money stays flowing. The Glazers pocket the profits and don’t reinvest.

Big problem is player costs are only going up.

It’s early. But not fun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to buy a cheap HD TV tomorrow so for the next game I can smash the shit out of it and not feel bad.  I know it's the second game but I need to vent already.
View Quote
Easy dude.

I’ve been on this train s long time. I was the most frustrated fan last year. Ever.

Now I know the situation. The Glazers give no shits about the tradition, history or the MU Way. It’s just a cash cow to relieve their pocket echos.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh boy that was ugly. From the boardroom to the pitch. Lack  of effort.

I'm not blaming DDG. Both goals resulted from poor central defending. Young and lindelof got victimized. Shaw was actually pretty good.

Not sure how this is gonna go. The confusion of Moyes and VG might be showing now.

Meanwhile KDB goes out for MC. No BFD.

I'm convinced the Glazers ordered the board and Wooward to play Billy Ball. Value rated players to maintain just good enough so the commercial money stays flowing. The Glazers pocket the profits and don't reinvest.

Big problem is player costs are only going up.

It's early. But not fun.
View Quote
Very lazy effort by several ManU players, Pogba especially.  Alternatively, Lukaku worked his butt off, only to never receive a real service.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Very lazy effort by several ManU players, Pogba especially.  Alternatively, Lukaku worked his butt off, only to never receive a real service.
View Quote
I like Lukaku, he makespoor choices in teams to play for though.

He puts in work when his team doesn't and just keeps going
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Going to be a long season of boring unattractive football.  I wonder if there is any truth in the rumor zidane is interested.

If so pay the 12 million and cut this twat loose.  Not to say zidane will do better but it can't be as boring of play as Mourinho.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If so pay the 12 million and cut this twat loose.  
View Quote
Mourinho is currently the EPL manager with the best chance of being sacked per Unibet.

4/1 Jose Mourinho

5/1 Claude Puel

13/2 Rafa Benitez

7/1 Mark Hughes

10/1 Manuel Pellegrini

10/1 Neil Warnock

12/1 Javi Gracia
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Let's go Reds!

YNWA
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Milner!

I still like you Sakho but that was a penalty
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
1-nil, thank God.  Eagles are coming hard...it's gonna be a tough second half.

Obvious pen, not sure about the controversy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Milner!

I still like you Sahko but that was a penalty
View Quote
He hooked him twice with that foot.  I can't see their argument.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He hooked him twice with that foot.  I can't see their argument.
View Quote
Me either.

Crystal Palace is playing tight and are dangerous on the counter.

Keita looks great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell of a free kick attempt, awesome save.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hell of a free kick attempt, awesome save.
View Quote
Alisson has been solid
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Poor choice by Wan Bissaka who I thought had been having a good gane
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Mané
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Van Dijk is a beast on the pitch. Winning battles against Benteke and putting balls out for the mid fields against a dangerous Palace attack.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think Arsenal fans will like the Table in their morning papers.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't think Arsenal fans will like the Table in their morning papers.  
View Quote
True, but only Huddersfield had as tough a start - based on last year's final table - as Arsenal. They were also thrashed by both City and Chelsea by much higher margins during the last few Wenger years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Weekly Arf EPL Fantasy Update

Current leader: Klopps Kopsters with 134 total points

Highest point total this week: Just Groß with 81 points this game week

Biggest position change: I think Haters from 4th to 2nd.  I'll screen shot the league each week from now on to keep track. My bad.

Most points left sitting on the bench: Slackers with 12 points from bench players

Worst captain choice: Unbinned Knives and KTBFFH both captained Firmino, who earned 2 points this week.  Honorable mention to Just Groß for best choice...he captained Aguero who earned 20 points this week.

Lowest point total this week: Unbinned Knives with 44.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Keita looks great.
View Quote
"goodbye!"  --> https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ypzabp
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"goodbye!"  --> https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ypzabp
View Quote
That was great, Alisson is a phenomenal passer from the back
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Going to be a long season of boring unattractive football.  I wonder if there is any truth in the rumor zidane is interested.

If so pay the 12 million and cut this twat loose.  Not to say zidane will do better but it can't be as boring of play as Mourinho.  
View Quote
Not the answer

He won with pre fabbed teams.

I’m going with a mess a of players bought by 3 managers that don’t compliment each other.

SFA made players better and won an EPL and almost another with less than stellar men. But they were his men.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’m going with a mess a of players bought by 3 managers that don’t compliment each other.

SAF made players better and won an EPL and almost another with less than stellar men. But they were his men.
View Quote
It seems like more GMs and managers are adopting the Florentino Perez model of buying the most expensive, shiniest toy available with minimal consideration of whether that player fits in with the players already there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It seems like more GMs and managers are adopting the Florentino Perez model of buying the most expensive, shiniest toy available with minimal consideration of whether that player fits in with the players already there.
View Quote
This is where I think Klopp and Management are doing well at Liverpool. They're spending the money but they are picky about the talent. The new additions to the team work with Klopp's style and the men around them.

Hell even some older players are finally fitting into the system. I'm glad to see Sturridge fit and playing Heavy Metal Football
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is where I think Klopp and Management are doing well at Liverpool. They're spending the money but they are picky about the talent. The new additions to the team work with Klopp's style and the men around them.

Hell even some older players are finally fitting into the system. I'm glad to see Sturridge fit and playing Heavy Metal Football
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blackmore
That’s how you sell merchandise
Jerseys are $100 a pop

Plus the draw to see a star

That’s the Glazers play. Commercial income. It won’t stop until the team stops winning tin.

Starscream
I’m not totally intune to Pools organization but I like the football they play, Klopp is a dynamic personality, and they don’t have any shit bags on the roster.
Selling Furmino was good for the team. Smart move.

Tho paying that much for a GK was supprising. Same with Chelsea’s buy.

But everything is crazy. Neymar’s deal was nuts, Pogba was nuts ( I said I’d give him 2 seasons. Not impressed. ManU overpaid but they sold tickets and merch off him).

Gonna see more huge buys. Personally I hope it drives teams back to development.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Blackmore
Jerseys are $100 a pop

View Quote
Exactly. Juventus sold 520,000 Cristiano jerseys the day his acquisition became official. Juve's percentage of each one depends on where it's sold.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]
You speak in an accent exceedingly rare,You wear a pink tracksuit and have curly hair,
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Exactly. Juventus sold 520,000 Cristiano jerseys the day his acquisition became official. Juve's percentage of each one depends on where it's sold.
View Quote
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/07/20/juventus-have-sold-60-million-of-ronaldo-jerseys-in-24-hours-infographic/

Forbes claims 10-15%, but that's still 6-9$ mil in 24 hours.

ETA:. That being said, MU seems to have taken players that can be exciting and crush their street value (at least under Mourinho).  Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, and Martial and Rashford to a lesser extent, are all players that used to generate a lot of excitement and enthusiasm.  Not so much these days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Blackmore
Jerseys are $100 a pop

That’s the Glazers play. Commercial income. It won’t stop until the team stops winning tin.

Starscream
I’m not totally intune to Pools organization but I like the football they play, Klopp is a dynamic personality, and they don’t have any shit bags on the roster.
Selling Furmino was good for the team. Smart move.

Tho paying that much for a GK was supprising. Same with Chelsea’s buy.

But everything is crazy. Neymar’s deal was nuts, Pogba was nuts ( I said I’d give him 2 seasons. Not impressed. ManU overpaid but they sold tickets and merch off him).

Gonna see more huge buys. Personally I hope it drives teams back to development.
View Quote
Yeah, they really went over the top with Alisson but he's looking good and they were flush with cash from selling Coutinho (we kept Bobby)

Development would be nice it's nice to see guys come up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Loris gets a dwi this week wonder if he starts Monday.  Vorm is no slouch but loris is better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Wolves take a point off City.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damn I would have liked to watch that one
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Martin Atkinson and crew didn't cover themselves with glory. Pep gave a restrained interview but you could tell he was PO'd. Had it been Mourinho, the sarcasm would have been full flowing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Martin Atkinson and crew didn't cover themselves with glory. Pep gave a restrained interview but you could tell he was PO'd. Had it been Mourinho, the sarcasm would have been full flowing.
View Quote
Yeah I caught the interview and the whole time you could tell he was being as restrained and political as possible
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Bournemouth and Everton in a marathon
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Let's go Reds!

YNWA
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wolves goal rumored to have a handball involved

Wtf with the red cards today damn 4 of em

Glazers and Woodward out

LUGO
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bournemouth and Everton in a marathon
View Quote
Michael Keane transported to the hospital - no further update.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#44]
A yawn of a win for Liverpool, or an almost tough enough defense for BHA?
Maybe they were just spent from beating my beloved ManU?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A yawn of a win for Liverpool, or an almost tough enough defense for BHA?
Maybe they were just spent from beating my beloved ManU?
View Quote
BHA wasn't as fast on the counter except towards the end as they were against Man U. It's like they were afraid to get exposed while Liverpool spent a lot time establishing in the zone
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Alisson struggled with his feet today.  Didn't like that at all.  Mane also couldn't make anything click for him.

But on the bright side, very glad they took the three points.  Liverpool didn't manage to get three from games like this the last few seasons.  That would have been a draw or even a loss last year or the year before.

Lots of room for improvement though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/07/20/juventus-have-sold-60-million-of-ronaldo-jerseys-in-24-hours-infographic/

ETA:. That being said, MU seems to have taken players that can be exciting and crush their street value (at least under Mourinho).  Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, and Martial and Rashford to a lesser extent, are all players that used to generate a lot of excitement and enthusiasm.  Not so much these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your not playing like a top player your values fall. No excitement for low scoring unexciting players. Mourhino has nothing to do with that. Go out and play like you care.

I’m done bashing JM. He catches heat from every one. Yet last year was a good year. Better than Pool against top 6, better than Spurs Arsenal and Chelsea. And if I dig I bet they were better against mid table too.

LUGO

Eta

SAF and Gill lame ducked it on the way out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Alisson struggled with his feet today.  Didn't like that at all.  Mane also couldn't make anything click for him.

But on the bright side, very glad they took the three points.  Liverpool didn't manage to get three from games like this the last few seasons.  That would have been a draw or even a loss last year or the year before.

Lots of room for improvement though.
View Quote
Admittedly I haven't watched the whole game yet but towards the end Alisson came up yuge against Groß.

That's a Texas sized 10-4 in the rest, this is the type of game past squads would drop points in. Good to see them pull off the win.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Relieved the Blues got all 3 points against Newcastle United.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Chelski gets by on an own goal against Yedlin
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top