BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Relieved the Blues got all 3 points against Newcastle United.

Monk
View Quote
What a pathetic win.
Also killed my point in the fantasy league when Newcastle scored, as I had Anonso in D.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Mainz is playing a crazy young team this year.  Hope they don't get relegated, they sold a crapton of talent this summer.

Good start this morning with a 1-0 win against Stuttgart.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Chelski gets by on an own goal against Yedlin
View Quote
Made up for the forearm shiver he threw at Giroud's face minutes prior
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Made up for the forearm shiver he threw at Giroud's face minutes prior
View Quote
Yeah. I can see it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn. Second half is starting out aggressively
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Two goals in two minutes. Spurs bringing the heat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Watched the first half, got bored as hell and did some work instead. Guess I’ll go ahead and watch the second half tonight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The Spurs smoked em!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Spurs smoked em!!!
View Quote
The backend of the second was almost all Spurs. Could have been worse
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Spurs smoked em!!!
View Quote
If Lucas stays healthy, he adds a dimension they haven't had.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If Lucas stays healthy, he adds a dimension they haven't had.
View Quote
He was fun to watch. My favorite Tottenham player is Son but Lucas has a great drive and gets himself where he needs to be
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Spurs smoked em!!!
Coulda been 2-0 United in the first half. Lukaku missed an open net then a good save or two by Loris(sp).

I was so excited the first half was active press and decent attack. No idea wtf happened after that. Jones let Kane loose then it all fell apart.

Didn’t give up 3 all last season. Twice in 2 games. Gonna be a grind of a season.

LUGO
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I can see it either way. When I watched it at full speed it appeared Yedlin was looking for body position and just went high on Giroud.
In slow motion it looks bad though. The assistant referee wavered on the same thing.

I'd like to see Yedlin get better and it's good he's playing in a solid league
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can see it either way. When I watched it at full speed it appeared Yedlin was looking for body position and just went high on Giroud.
In slow motion it looks bad though. The assistant referee wavered on the same thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Should've been called a foul at the time, maybe a yellow. No need for retroactive punishment.

agree Yedlin is much better off playing in EPL
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Coulda been 2-0 United in the first half. Lukaku missed an open net then a good save or two by Loris(sp).

I was so excited the first half was active press and decent attack. No idea wtf happened after that. Jones let Kane loose then it all fell apart.

Didn't give up 3 all last season. Twice in 2 games. Gonna be a grind of a season.

LUGO
View Quote
They have to get Mourinho out of there.  He brings chaos and ruin eventually wherever he goes.  Add in he doesn't develop anyone.  Come in buy some old talent win a few then leave as it all comes down.

Couple that with the play style and it's a nightmare.  Yesterday he has rashford on the bench exciting young fast talent perfect sub right?  Nah bring on that microphone haired lunky big cunt felinia on to lump long balls to.  I almost hope this weekend is a complete and total blow out to push this train off the tracks and get him sacked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They have to get Mourinho out of there.  He brings chaos and ruin eventually wherever he goes.  Add in he doesn't develop anyone.  Come in buy some old talent win a few then leave as it all comes down.

Couple that with the play style and it's a nightmare.  Yesterday he has rashford on the bench exciting young fast talent perfect sub right?  Nah bring on that microphone haired lunky big cunt felinia on to lump long balls to.  I almost hope this weekend is a complete and total blow out to push this train off the tracks and get him sacked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't give up 3 all last season. Twice in 2 games. Gonna be a grind of a season.

LUGO

I’m not doing that. I’m not bashing JM. He’s a goddamn winner. Look where he’s been and what he’s done. He’s very prickly no doubt, and I agree on the youth thing. Sort of.

Look back. Wesley Snider was too expensive. They got by with Anderson, Saha, Kagawa, etc c.

The Glazers and their little lap dog Woodward are playing money ball. Just good enough to make those cocksuckers millions. They pulled $22 million out of the team, saddled them with a shitton of debt. Fuck them. Go back to your poor to mediocre Tampa Bay Fuckineers. You’re doing the same thing there.

TV revenue is making it easy for scum to ruin these teams. Some have been lucky. Eventually it will get all of your teams.

Agents like Pogbas are pure bred pond scum. The shopping mid contract, locker room disruption via social media, and MSM, its s shit show.

And now that the cork is out of the bottle ( Neymar, Pogba, Walker, Van Djik, Allison 70 million for a keeper wtf? Sanchez,) there’s massive incentive to disrupt rosters and force trades and sales. You think you’re gonna get a class of 1992 again with guys playing for your team from academy to retirement?

Lol fuck no. There is no loyalty to the Jersey. Only to the agent and the Euro.

I see another mother fucker kiss the badge I’m gonna throw a bottle of warm beer thru the telly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Mourinho was a winner past tense.  Look at the last few transfer windows and the players that didn't want to play for him.  Why would you play for him.

Think of all the players he has trashed in the media.  Pogba, valencia, Shaw, all his youth the other managers used the summer tour to play some kids and develop.  He bitched nonstop about them not being his team and having to play them.

Imagine having that as your boss.  A miserable whiny bitch that throws you under the bus.  What kind of environment would that make and what kind of performances would follow.

The sooner him and Woodward go the better.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not that I disagree, but that Belgian bastard saved them a bunch of points last season with last minute aerial acrobatics.  Ugly but effective, in true Mourinho fashion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And now that the cork is out of the bottle ( Neymar, Pogba, Walker, Van Djik, Allison 70 million for a keeper wtf? Sanchez,) there’s massive incentive to disrupt rosters and force trades and sales. You think you’re gonna get a class of 1992 again with guys playing for your team from academy to retirement?
View Quote
Well, to be fair the reason Liverpool were able to spend big on a keeper and a CB is because Trent Alexander Arnold is an academy prospect, Robertson was picked up from a relegated side for cheap, they gambled on Joe Gomez when he was only 17, etc.  Even with record signings for Van Djik and Allison, the Mancs defense is still marginally more expensive than Liverpools.  Only real difference is the Mancs just spread their money over multiple "big" signings while Liverpool were able to spend even bigger on just two thanks to developing homegrown or cheaper talent.  Well, I guess that difference and that Liverpools defense was able to stop that offensive juggernaut Brighton while the Mancs weren't....so two differences.

Liverpool isn't just splashing owner money down, they're spending big money because other clubs are willing to pay big for talent developed at least partially at Liverpool.  All of these signings have been financed by the Coutinho sale.  Firmino was bought with revenue from selling Sterling to Man City, etc.  These are just the first signings that look like they may finally work out well based on the concept of buying cheap, developing, and selling high of other players....a nice change from previous transfer business.  (Balotelli, any one?)
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Weekly Arf EPL Fantasy Update

Current leader: Klopps Kopsters with 181 points

Highest point total this week: Slackers with 64

Biggest position change: Unbinned Knives dropped from 7th to 9th

Worst captain choice: just Groß with Aguero for 4 points.

Lowest point total this week: just Groß with 44

Honorable mention for "bold caption choice" this week to Winston Cup Forever and KTBFFH, who both captained Van Dijk for 16 points.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Group C: PSG, Napoli, Liverpool, Red Star Belgrade
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Group C: PSG, Napoli, Liverpool, Red Star Belgrade
View Quote
Psg should be a good match assuming Neymar isn't rolling all over the pitch
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Tottenham may not make it out of the group stage. Man U, Man City and Liverpool should be OK

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Group D looks super easy.

Napoli and PSG are both good teams...tough draw.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Carabao Cup (silverware is silverware) draw, fixtures week of Sept, 24

West Bromwich Albion vs. Crystal Palace
Arsenal vs. Brentford
Burton Albion vs. Burnley
Wycombe Wanderers vs. Norwich City
Oxford United vs. Manchester City
West Ham United vs. Macclesfield Town
Millwall vs. Fulham
Liverpool vs. Chelsea
Bournemouth vs. Blackburn Rovers
Preston North End vs. Middlesborough
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford
Blackpool vs. Queens Park Rangers
Everton vs. Southampton
Manchester United vs. Derby County Fighting Frank Lampards
Nottingham Forest vs. Stoke City
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Group D looks super easy.

Napoli and PSG are both good teams...tough draw.
View Quote
Yep. Definitely going to be be a tough path. Although with the depth should be more manageable
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Mané!
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Bobby before the half!
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Alisson is human after all. What a way to lose your unscored on streak.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Alisson struggled with his feet today.  Didn't like that at all.
View Quote
Aaaand that’s why I didn’t like seeing his footwork skills then.

Luckily, it didn’t cost Liverpool today.  4 games, 12 points.  Feeling good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Alisson is human after all. What a way to lose your unscored on streak.
View Quote
Yeah. A serious lapse there but otherwise solid.

Hard to be mad starting off with four wins.

Leicester found a way to break up the press
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Are the games starting later this season?

It seems like there's more late games on the weekends than there used to be
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are the games starting later this season?

It seems like there's more late games on the weekends than there used to be
View Quote
Pattern seems to be 7:30, 10:00 and 12:30 on Saturdays and 8:30 & 11:00 on Sundays, at least for now.

Watching Cardiff City-Arsenal so I decided to check Arsenal's Europa League group. You see why a top 4 finish and CL spot is so important. Their Thursday night away fixtures include an easy trip to Porto but also some second tier Ukrainian city I've never heard of and a 5000 mile round trip to Azerbaijan which Mkhitaryan will probably miss because he is Armenian and likely denied entry.

Of course the way they've played so far this season, including today, EL probably won't be a worry next year.

ETA:  Chelsea not much better with Belarus, Greece and Hungary travel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#37]
How much live TV coverage do the non EPL games get in the UK?

Monk
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How much live TV coverage do the non EPL games get in the UK?

Monk
View Quote
This is a link to coverage of the EFL Championship:

EFL Championship on TV & Streaming

Up until the beginning of last season beIN Sports had the US rights. Lots of fun to watch since the teams and players were hungry to be promoted or be noticed to play at the next level somewhere.

ESPN has it now and doesn't show nearly as many matches.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Mané wins PFA Player of the Month!

All three men (Firmino, Mané, and Salah) are hungry once they hit their stride it should be good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is a link to coverage of the EFL Championship:

EFL Championship on TV & Streaming

Up until the beginning of last season beIN Sports had the US rights. Lots of fun to watch since the teams and players were hungry to be promoted or be noticed to play at the next level somewhere.

ESPN has it now and doesn't show nearly as many matches.
View Quote
Thank you.

Monk
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#41]
The international breaks are always annoying, even more so right after a World Cup.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The international breaks are always annoying, even more so right after a World Cup.
View Quote
I wish more clubs would protect their players from injury and fatigue/jetlag.

ManU Requests Alexis Be Excused From Int'l Play
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
So close to the world cup. The fuck am I gonna do this weekend on my breaks?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tottenham may not make it out of the group stage. Man U, Man City and Liverpool should be OK

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/7533F32E-43EA-4590-A893-470043A01A8A-655813.JPG
View Quote
Pretty well balanced

Group B lol sorry Spurs

MU is in pretty interest group.

It’s the EPL schedule around these that screw you

So you think you can score ?

Sampdoria’s Fabio Quagliarella vies for goal of the year with backheel beauty | ESPN FC
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pretty well balanced

Group B lol sorry Spurs

MU is in pretty interest group.

It’s the EPL schedule around these that screw you

So you think you can score ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iihUpUVCr3Y
View Quote
Spurs are going to have a tough row to hoe.

Liverpool is going to have to play solid.

City got an easier draw as did Bayern
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#46]
though i'm a big Salah and Modric fan, and even would go as far to admit that Ronaldo does have his moments...
the guy who helped his team win La Liga and the Copa Del Rey and in the process scored and set up a trainload of goals is missing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45398105

i guess this is the price you pay for consistency -- people get used to it.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

though i'm a big Salah and Modric fan, and even would go as far to admit that Ronaldo does have his moments...
the guy who helped his team win La Liga and the Copa Del Rey and in the process scored and set up a trainload of goals is missing.

ar-jedi
View Quote
World cup didn't help him at all.  Argentina never looks like a team always looks like 10 guys trying to set up Messi.  I think they would be better with out him because of that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ar-jedi
View Quote
As a Salah fan and recently anointed Modric fan......

Ronaldo is an amazingly talented player but he's not a great team player. Portugal is a much more talented and experienced team than Argentina and should have gone farther. They had some big chances wasted because Ronaldo was waiting to take his shirt off and watch himself instead of look for a higher percentage play. Maybe be didn't believe in the team around him but it's a disappointment for sure.

At Real Madrid he's surrounded by some of the best talent money can buy. Even with him out of the picture they're a solid team. With him they're the world. Champions because you defend him or you lose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ronaldo is an amazingly talented player but he's not a great team player. Portugal is a much more talented and experienced team than Argentina and should have gone farther. They had some big chances wasted because Ronaldo was waiting to take his shirt off and watch himself instead of look for a higher percentage play. Maybe be didn't believe in the team around him but it's a disappointment for sure.

At Real Madrid he's surrounded by some of the best talent money can buy. Even with him out of the picture they're a solid team. With him they're the world. Champions because you defend him or you lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

I miss CR7...
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Trying to get the wife into the game so I figured I'd buy her some swag

Knives are mine although she steals some from time to time
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top