User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same shit with Wheel of Diversity. Take something cool and flat out ruin it.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Amazon has been deleting some of the “Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made” comments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think negative comments were visible any more. I thought only the creator can see them.

You can still see the comments.

They're getting slammed in what looks to be every language on the planet.

Amazon has been deleting some of the “Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made” comments.

So ... they're deleting 9/10ths of the comments?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Audiences reject The Rings of Power, but Amazon getting ready to double down and remake trilogy?

About the calmest take on it that's honest so far and lays out exactly what's happening.

Also, they have a game of thrones guy on board, and oh, they have the guy from jurassic world slated to direct at least one of the episodes. Also, I did not know it, but for this rings of power series - amazon only has  the rights to the appendices attached to the end of LOTR/ROTK. Soo ... not the silmarillion.

Even worse, the movie and game rights for the other parts of the IP are apparently up for sale.

The fan who likes the books the way they were written who knows them well take:

The Rings of Power: Tolkien in Name Only

Nope, he's not conservative or on the right (from what I can tell). Amazon is ticking off everyone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Tell me you have never been to Osaka Castle, Japan and taken the tour; without telling me you've never been to Osaka.

Movie was based on shit during the Meiji Restoration.

Lots of historical pictures and art in Osaka that show yes, there were western samurai. Or at least garbed up as if they were.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Plenty here will watch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
https://lrmonline.com/news/what-material-does-amazon-have-the-rights-to-for-the-rings-of-power-answered/

So what did Amazon buy? “We have the rights solely to The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, the appendices, and The Hobbit,” Payne says. “And that is it. We do not have the rights to The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The History of Middle-earth, or any of those other books.” That takes a huge chunk of lore off the table and has left Tolkien fans wondering how this duo plans to tell a Second Age story without access to those materials. “There’s a version of everything we need for the Second Age in the books we have the rights to,” McKay says. “As long as we’re painting within those lines and not egregiously contradicting something we don’t have the rights to, there’s a lot of leeway and room to dramatize and tell some of the best stories that [Tolkien] ever came up with.”

“We took all these little clues and thought of them as stars in the sky that we then connected to write the novel that Tolkien never wrote about the Second Age,” Payne says. The duo cites songs like “The Fall of Gil-galad” or “The Song of Eärendil” or Fellowship chapters like “The Council of Elrond” and “The Shadow of the Past” or the “Concerning Hobbits” section of the prologue as sources for significant lore dumps. Beyond the premiere, there aren’t, however, any significant time jumps or, thus far, episode-long journeys to the past. The rights to the First Age material from The Silmarillion are still owned by the Tolkien estate.
View Quote

That's not disturbing at all. It's basically fanfic at this point.

“We worked in conjunction with world-renowned Tolkien scholars and the Tolkien estate to make sure that the ways we connected the dots were Tolkienian and gelled with the experts’ and the estate’s understanding of the material,” Payne says.
View Quote

Except the one they fired...
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://lrmonline.com/news/what-material-does-amazon-have-the-rights-to-for-the-rings-of-power-answered/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So what did Amazon buy? “We have the rights solely to The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, the appendices, and The Hobbit,” Payne says. “And that is it. We do not have the rights to The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The History of Middle-earth, or any of those other books.” That takes a huge chunk of lore off the table and has left Tolkien fans wondering how this duo plans to tell a Second Age story without access to those materials. “There’s a version of everything we need for the Second Age in the books we have the rights to,” McKay says. “As long as we’re painting within those lines and not egregiously contradicting something we don’t have the rights to, there’s a lot of leeway and room to dramatize and tell some of the best stories that [Tolkien] ever came up with.”

“We took all these little clues and thought of them as stars in the sky that we then connected to write the novel that Tolkien never wrote about the Second Age,” Payne says. The duo cites songs like “The Fall of Gil-galad” or “The Song of Eärendil” or Fellowship chapters like “The Council of Elrond” and “The Shadow of the Past” or the “Concerning Hobbits” section of the prologue as sources for significant lore dumps. Beyond the premiere, there aren’t, however, any significant time jumps or, thus far, episode-long journeys to the past. The rights to the First Age material from The Silmarillion are still owned by the Tolkien estate.

“We worked in conjunction with world-renowned Tolkien scholars and the Tolkien estate to make sure that the ways we connected the dots were Tolkienian and gelled with the experts’ and the estate’s understanding of the material,” Payne says.

All the money Amazon is throwing at this thing and yet they don’t want to spend the money to buy the rights to the source material they need or the money to hire showrunners with experience.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are historical accounts of sub-Saharan Africans being among the trading crews that were in the British Isles as far back as the Roman days. The Romans might not have gone that far south, but the Egyptians did and it isn't like some of them couldn't go North. It was never more than a handful, but they did exist and made it to Britain, even if just to crew ships and trade.

There was even a community of blacks in England in the Tudor period. Obviously, this is a bit later than the Anglo-Saxon era, but there is a pretty good book on the subject Black Tudors by Miranda Kaufmann
View Quote

I think what he's getting at is the fact that, while some few black people may have ended up in places like England and other parts of the northern hemisphere back in the day, they were nowhere near as numerous, prevalent or prominent as today's educated morons would have us believe.

Cases in wokeness:

As I recall, Anne Boleyn was NOT black, as the BBC series portrays her.

Neither were the vast majority of Vikingr, despite the maniacally concerted effort to convince western viewing audiences that there were black lords and ladies bossing whitey around in the Europe of antiquity. The ultimate expression of the phrase "we wuz kangz," you might say.

This shit is absurd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Amazon is also making the Fallout series.

Whats happening with LOTR isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All the money Amazon is throwing at this thing and yet they don’t want to spend the money to buy the rights to the source material they need or the money to hire showrunners with experience.
View Quote

They wrote a draft of the literary and storytelling legend that was Flash Gordon.  How much more experience do you need?  I look forward to Ming the Merciless forging the one ring.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Lord of the bling

MadTV - The Lords of the Bling 1 (first episode)
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Has this been posted yet
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Are you watching FNT as well?

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
The crew behind the Amazon LotR series better read up on what just happened to Netflix's Cowboy Bebop adaptation. They're about to go through a lot of the same trauma for shitting on the source material
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The crew behind the Amazon LotR series better read up on what just happened to Netflix's Cowboy Bebop adaptation. They're about to go through a lot of the same trauma for shitting on the source material
View Quote

I actually liked the Cowboy Bebop adaptation; but I’d never seen the original.  Very proto-Firefly but more comic book.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
OMG

Instant Regret! Amazon DELETES Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power CRINGEWORTY Video Of Super Fans

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Video being commented on in your post:

The Lord Of The Rings Superfans Review The Rings Of Power Official Teaser Trailer

Unlisted by youtube.

41,684 views Feb 16, 2022   129(thumbs up)  9K (thumbs down)

(check out that like/dislike ratio! )

Transcript in spoiler for the utterly painful stick pins in your eyes comedy gold.

Click To View Spoiler
I hope they paid these kids a LOT. They are probably going to wind up as eternal memes.

TL:DW ... supposedly superfans ... don't even know how the rings were made in the story, likely didn't even read / listen to the books.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I actually liked the Cowboy Bebop adaptation; but I'd never seen the original.  Very proto-Firefly but more comic book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually liked the Cowboy Bebop adaptation; but I'd never seen the original.  Very proto-Firefly but more comic book.
Joss Whedon definitely got a lot of inspiration from Cowboy Bebop for Firefly
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQuy_mB1dw

Unlisted by youtube.

Transcript in spoiler for the utterly painful stick pins in your eyes comedy gold.

Click To View Spoiler
I hope they paid these kids a LOT. They are probably going to wind up as eternal memes.

TL:DW ... supposedly superfans ... don't even know how the rings were made in the story, likely didn't even read / listen to the books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

I watched that. Talk about max cringe!

And everyone talks about how important representation is... Where's the white, male, heterosexual, Christian representation on the panel?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

That is the worst like/dislike ratio I can recall ever seeing on YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And everyone talks about how important representation is... Where's the white, male, heterosexual, Christian representation on the panel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

Also, what ever happened to "don't appropriate cultures" ... Oh yeah. It never meant anything beyond "this is a useful tool, we'll employ it to destroy and when it's not good for that anymore, we'll toss it in the trash."

ETA: also, it's a magic trick. You see, "white" just means "stuff I don't like" so therefore, it doesn't have to have representation, it's "just evil."  Curse on all you morons who think your race is "human."
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

Santa Inc was pretty bad.

Santa Inc Trailer Gets DESTOYED By The Internet

It's not even on the HBO Max channel anymore. Wonder if they delisted or deleted it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jackson got it wrong before the current infestation of racism and whinerism in hollywood ... amazon won't do better.

All the signals I have seen point at them utterly defiling the story, wondering why people who really like the story aren't happy and whining about t he evil *ists who don't agree with destroying everything good about the story.

Amazon already hired people to handle on-set sex scenes, they picked the part of the silmarilliion that is one of the darkest in the setting, and the book is think on details. All indicators are that they're going to turn it into a hyper-intersectionalist shove the disgusting in your face perv-gore fest.

Because everything has to be that and clearly that's what tolkein's books were all about.
View Quote

This round of diversity is laughable and I won't be watching.  What Peter Jackson did was brought the books to a broader and younger audience, and while he took some creative liberties, the good triumphing over evil was the main storyline, not the color of the skin..
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7BzSGHR7I

It's not even on the HBO Max channel anymore. Wonder if they delisted or deleted it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

That’s bad, but the Rings of Power one was more than twice as bad (1:69 vs 1:31).
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That’s bad, but the Rings of Power one was more than twice as bad (1:69 vs 1:31).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlisted by youtube.

Click To View Spoiler

I did some math and that's about what I came up with but numbers have never been my strong suit (I fix things and make them go!) so I wasn't 100%.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I actually liked the Cowboy Bebop adaptation; but I’d never seen the original.  Very proto-Firefly but more comic book.
View Quote

well, that's their target demo I suppose
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Is it wrong that I thought "At least the Nazgul aren't dressed in white".
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Will It Look Like The Lord of the Rings?
In creating this new story, McKay and Payne's goal was, in McKay's words, "different but familiar." While the series is not a precise continuation of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, it shouldn't clash with the cinematic world fans have come to know and love. Actors like Morfydd Clark (Galadriel) and Robert Aramayo (Elrond) were cast, in part, because they could age into the older versions played respectively by Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving in Jackson's films. Even Benjamin Walker, who plays Gil-galad, bears a striking resemblance to Mark Ferguson, who appeared as the elven king in a nonspeaking cameo in The Fellowship of the Ring's prologue.
It's worth remembering, if only for legal reasons, that this is not the exact same world. The production design, though similar, is not trying to match the Jackson films. For example, King Elendil's legendary broken sword, Narsil, which debuted on one of Prime Video's promotional posters, does not look identical to the one eventually reforged and used by Viggo Mortenson's Aragorn in The Return of the King.

What, Exactly, Is the Source Material Here?
So what did Amazon buy? "We have the rights solely to The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, the appendices, and The Hobbit," Payne says. "And that is it. We do not have the rights to The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The History of Middle-earth, or any of those other books."

This Sounds Like a Lot of Made-Up Story! What of Tolkien's Can One Expect?
The truth is, it's all here. "We told Amazon we wanted to do four or five stories that are the big epics of the Second Age," McKay says, starting with "the forging of the rings."

What's Up With Warrior Galadriel? Is This in the Books?
Over the years, Tolkien adapters have had to get creative in order to include his female characters in the action. Liv Tyler's Arwen making a riverbank stand against the Nazgul in defense of Frodo and the very existence of Evangeline Lilly's warrior elf, Tauriel? All invented by Peter Jackson. But Eowyn's "but no living man am I!" showdown with the witch-king of Angmar in The Return of the King is straight out of the books and shows that Tolkien was at least somewhat interested in women who pick up swords. As does his description of Galadriel during the many thousand years of her long youth. Tolkien claimed young Galadriel could match strength with most male counterparts, and in a 1973 letter, wrote, "She was then of Amazon disposition and bound up her hair as a crown when taking part in athletic feats." This is how she got her name, Galadriel, which means "maiden crowned with gleaming hair." In The Unfinished Tales it says, "[Galadriel] looked upon the Dwarves also with the eye of a commander, seeing in them the finest warriors to pit against the Orcs."
"She's full of piss and vinegar and she's got a sword that's broken because she's killed so many orcs," McKay says of their version.
Except, she wasn't young at that time. But than, they'd have to care about the original sources for that to matter. $$$$$$$$$$ controls all, and in the darkness blinds them!

Okay, but Will There Be Wizards?
In the footage that premiered in the Rings of Power Super Bowl teaser, audiences caught a glimpse of a tall, mysterious man who falls from the sky. Our immediate instinct is to wonder if he's one of the wizards even the most casual fans might have heard of. In Tolkien's text, they didn't come to Middle-earth until the Third Age, but is the show taking some added liberties with the timeline? When asked if this might be Gandalf, Radagast, or Saruman, McKay answered cautiously, "Well, I would say those are not the only beings, those names, in that class. So maybe, but maybe not. And the mystery and the journey of it is all of the fun, I would say."
https://archive.is/20220214215009/https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/02/10-burning-questions-about-amazons-the-rings-of-power
----------------------------------------------------
The Rings of Power: How This Mess Happened

From the linked video:
i mean if only there was a book amazon had the rights to that tolkien wrote that's full of dialogue that they could use to mimic his style to make their dialogue sound like something he would have written if only so when vanity fair asks should fans be worried the answer is yes the people running this show seem to have an agenda and are just using tolkien's name to sell their original story and if you want proof you should be worried here it is quote we've been given something a stewardship pain says no you weren't given a   thing you bought it amazon shelled out hundreds of millions of dollars to get the rights so they could rewrite tolkien's work into their own image that thankfully everyone's rejecting

no one wants you to come in and revise tolkien's work so that it lines up with your world view we want you to read tolkien's words and give us your take on what he wrote work within the framework of what he created no one's asking you to come up with something new if that's your goal write your own fantasy story you don't need to take someone else's story and twist it into a shadow of its former cell but there's a better question why didn't you just make the lord of the rings you spent two whole articles complaining about the lack of source material but you bought the rice to an entire tome of source material you can make the lord of the rings as it was written including all the characters that jackson cut out

i know it's gonna be   near impossible to best peter jackson's films but you didn't even try instead you decided to use tolkien's name to show your fantasy story using aspects of the lore you don't even have the full version of you created this problem for yourself and then added to it by changing established characters and races compressing thousands of years of stories into a handful of episodes and completely ignoring how this didn't work for peter jackson do you understand i want to like your show i'm over here with my fandom like take it you must take it i'm giving it to you and you're like don't tempt me jsg i dare not take it not even to keep it safe and then you present me with this woke nonsense and i'm like i would have gone with you to the end into the very fires of mordor all you had to do was respect tolkien's work respect the lord instead all is turned to vain ambition you'd even use people like me as a cloak nearly a hundred years these stories have stood now at the whim of wakandans they'll fall because the works of tolkien were given over to lesser men but what do i know i'm just some guy
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like another case of leftists ruin everything they can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#33]
What an open!

Amazon Instant REGRET! Hides CRINGE LOTR: Rings of Power 'Superfans' Video
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

That first 85 seconds was a classic example of “I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.”
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#35]
This is the first major sci fi/fantasy series that I can say I have no desire to see.  And I have a very low bar.  I've seen every episode of MTV's Shannara Chronicles and fondly remember Legend of the Seeker.  But this?  It's just so obviously not Tolkien that it doesn't even pique my curiosity.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#36]
So besides there being characters that aren’t white, what’s the problem?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Wow.

Wtf.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There are historical accounts of sub-Saharan Africans being among the trading crews that were in the British Isles as far back as the Roman days. The Romans might not have gone that far south, but the Egyptians did and it isn't like some of them couldn't go North. It was never more than a handful, but they did exist and made it to Britain, even if just to crew ships and trade.

There was even a community of blacks in England in the Tudor period. Obviously, this is a bit later than the Anglo-Saxon era, but there is a pretty good book on the subject Black Tudors by Miranda Kaufmann
View Quote

There are no serious historical accounts of actual sub-saharan Africans in Britain before the Norman Conquest at least.  There may have been a handful that aren't attested to, but that means exactly that- they were not ever documented.  In Roman terms, Africans referred exclusively to Semetic peoples along the North African coast.  By the Tudor period it was possibly (and profitable) to visit west Africa by sea, and of course African slavery had become big starting with the rise of Islam (and before, in Arabia).
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So besides there being characters that aren't white, what's the problem?
View Quote

The same problem as every other woke production: character development & story are not important. Diversity, inclusion, and political messages are important. The fact that the very first thing they show/tell you about the new series is the color of the skin and sex of the main characters should make anybody that wants to actually be entertained more than a little wary. It's another case where there's a huge potential market with a hunger to be satiated, but companies don't like giving people what they want. They try to shove garbage down people's throats. They aren't concerned with telling more of Tolkien's story. They want to make up their own, hence why they did not bother to acquire the rights to the rest of the lore ripe for exploitation.

It's a pattern that has been made more clear each year. Take existing IPs and historical events/figures and make them less... problematic for the people who actually have a huge problem with the color of people's skin and sex. The issue there is that they are a minority and only a minor player in the consumption of content, hence why so many of these woke productions perform so atrociously in ratings and box office receipts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you didn't read any of the other posts in this thread? I detailed the biggest issue. Amazon doesn't have the rights to all of the stories. So this series is expensive fan fiction.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's like writing a book about violent crime in Baltimore in the now, and making all the characters light skinned.
View Quote
Kind of what they did with Without Remorse.  Changed a white lead to black, and removed the black criminals.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will they wield their swords sideways?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That first 85 seconds was a classic example of “I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Come to find out they did multiple ones of these:

Lord of the Rings MORE Fake Superfans Revealed - Rings of Power Influencer Reaction Comparison

There were at least six of them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxC9wIChPkk

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxC9wIChPkk

I just saw news about this via Ryan Kinel's channel. I literally have this vid playing on my TV now.

Amazon''s Lord Of The Rings DISASTER | More "Superfans" Get EXPOSED For Fake Rings Of Power Reaction

Why am I not surprised...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not merely putting in stuff that is not in the lore, not merely putting in people for completely racist reasons, they are treading on the same path of all the other movies and shows that have been done recently that were bad in addition to being racist and (intentionally or not) destroying the IP they were based on. In overly complex terms: It's aufheben (destroying a thing while underhandedly saying you aren't). The worst of these efforts are run by people who have absorbed this way of destroying things yet who truly believe they aren't. Self-deceived deceivers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:33:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So besides there being characters that aren't white, what's the problem?
View Quote
It's not Tolkien.  It looks like a bad AD&D campaign put on screen.

Edited: And your question is entirely wrong.  The question should be "what's good about it?"  We read Tolkien because he is a good writer.  He wrote a good story.  Hollywood tries this strange thing where they tell us "Hey, this is going to be good because it is Tolkien."  But then they make not-Tolkien.  So that takes them down to square one.  Now they must persuade me that this is worth my time.  They haven't done that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
these fuckers just can't help themselves.
View Quote

Nope. They're racist, sexist, evil/vile pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is the first major sci fi/fantasy series that I can say I have no desire to see.  And I have a very low bar.  I've seen every episode of MTV's Shannara Chronicles and fondly remember Legend of the Seeker.  But this?  It's just so obviously not Tolkien that it doesn't even pique my curiosity.
View Quote

I thought the first season of that was watchable.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
The female leads alone were worth the watch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TBH, I barely remember anything about it other than…

Click To View Spoiler
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top