BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She did not like the "frat boy image" she sure did a good job of getting frat boys to stop buying the product. How does she propose to replace that sales volume is the next question. Selling beer at a lose is not the answer. But that seems to be the plan.
View Quote

She sure liked behaving like a frat boy when she was in school...
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Somebody needs to get fired!
View Quote

Nope, in Corporate America they just fail up.

I am sure this Offending Marketing director will find a cushy job at Nike or REI or another company that hates us
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
These steps will help us maintain focus on the things we do best: brewing great beer for all consumers, while always making a positive impact in our communities and on our country.

They quit encouraging mental illness and body mutilation already?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure if this was posted yet, just stumbled across this epic thread
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/moving-past-controversy-anheuser-busch-plans-to-recover-losses/

So they haven't learned their lesson yet
View Quote

Holy shit, they're going to stick with the business-as-usual model and just hope that the controversy eventually goes away.
Attachment Attached File

The financial bloodbath will be epic. The top spot that Bud Light now holds is most certainly gone, but if they keep this up they may drop to #3.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Last time I shot past a NASCAR race highlight video on YouTube, the stands looked completely empty.
View Quote

The NFL has done plenty to deserve a boycott. I haven't watched a snap since 2017. People wont give it up cause......muh team
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure it will all just go away now that they're planning on recovery.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw this posted in another thread, it is well worth the 20 minutes to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXEiMz5Z38
View Quote
Very good video provides a good explanation on ESG.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always thought lacrosse is a pretty viable football substitute, or sportsball alternative generally. There's contact, but not routine brain-damaging contact. There's more scoring than hockey or soccer, it's fast-moving like basketball, there's a lot of passing involved that requires skill to both throw and catch (like baseball). The men on the field are more well-rounded athletes, almost like a team of QBs and TEs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've always thought lacrosse is a pretty viable football substitute, or sportsball alternative generally. There's contact, but not routine brain-damaging contact. There's more scoring than hockey or soccer, it's fast-moving like basketball, there's a lot of passing involved that requires skill to both throw and catch (like baseball). The men on the field are more well-rounded athletes, almost like a team of QBs and TEs.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What if the brand is sold at rock bottom price to an American company that knows what is right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AB might be able to course correct if they launch a new ad depicting a very traditional blue collar family.

Dad comes home from a long day at his blue collar job. Wife opens the door and he's greeted by the kids running up to hug him. They go inside and mom promptly hands dad a bud light and he sits in his chair and talks with the kids while mom goes to the kitchen to make dinner. Maybe even depict a Bible, crucifix or rosary in the background.
  Nothing less than a statement with total repudiation and denouncement of all things LGBTWHATEVER and anything woke will do.  Hinting at it ain't gonna cut it.  
  A few million in donations to family oriented charities/organizations wouldn't hurt.

They could film a Klan style Rally where they burn that Dylan tranny freak alive at the steak and I wouldnt drink their beer if it was free.

You dont win by capitulating to pandering. You win by putting your vanquished foes heads on sticks outside your city wall.

What if the brand is sold at rock bottom price to an American company that knows what is right?

It’d be funny in that scenario if Trump bought it.  Imagine the turn around in sales and how butthurt it’d make the left.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The NFL has done plenty to deserve a boycott. I haven't watched a snap since 2017. People wont give it up cause......muh team
View Quote

You are wrong. I have totally turned off football even the Stupor bowl. I took a knee
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’d be funny in that scenario if Trump bought it.  Imagine the turn around in sales and how butthurt it’d make the left.
View Quote

Trump lite, I like it
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wharton school of business and Harvard.......pay attention!  One of your graduates took a 4.6 BILLION DOLLAR iconic American beer brand, applied her woke ideology you instilled in her, and sank it with a single ad.  

That "education" cost how much?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There needs to be a house cleaning in the C-suite at A/B InBev. Starting with their CEO and the social justice warrior VP of Marketing. Anything short of that is a complete failure by their board of directors.
View Quote
That'd be a good start
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I keep waiting on the stock to start to show a big hit, lost $4/share last week. And tomorrow is Monday……..

Cheers boys!
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Burmashave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, I don't want people to think I'm gay.

Help me with a modification of a phrase:

"It is better to have people think that you are queer than drink Bud Light and remove all doubt."

Needs more rhymey parts. Like this:

It's better to have people think
That you are queer
Than for people to see you
Drinking Budweiser beer

Burmashave.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Bud and bud light are still exactly the same price today as they were before all this around here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

All of that, plus, I've bought my last miller.
Yuengling or PBR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, I’m curious.  How committed are you guys?    If they run sales back to 1989 prices, are you gonna stack it deep?       Or will you abstain, no matter how low it goes?

Hypothetical example:
Bud Light 30 pack price slashed to $5
Yuengling 24 pack $21
PBR 24 pack $18

I'm a poor but I would buy Yuengling & PBR not Bud even if it was priced like that. Principle.

All of that, plus, I've bought my last miller.
Yuengling or PBR.

Don't know why you guys all want to drink PBR. It's owned by San Francisco venture capitalists.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bud and bud light are still exactly the same price today as they were before all this around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Misread, never mind.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it’s a trend at this point.

I found out this weekend that some serious blue collar drinkers I know that they have stopped buying AB. They drink at least a case or two a week since forever ago. They’ve been drinking the same AB product for decades and I thought they’d never switch. They gave up that AB beer and found a regional light beer they like better. AB won’t ever be getting them back.

I was then in my local bar that has an attached liquor store. They’ve never been one to have product placement items. First, the waitress put down some new AB promotional beer coasters for us. Second, I noticed three pallets of various AB products taking up a good portion of the liquor store’s floor space with very clear promotional signage. My assumption from those things is their AB distributor is trying desperately hard to promote AB products, and might even be offering some really good incentives for bars and retailers.

Lastly, I know a friend of a friend that is a bartender for a very conservative dive/biker bar. According to what I heard, customers stopped ordering Bud branded beers but instead unknowingly ordered other AB products. The bartender apparently made it very well known they were still drinking AB beer by mocking the customers. He’s apparently got everyone away from AB products now.

The next quarterly report will be very telling.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM eastern.  All field reps are required to return to their respective terminals for a mandatory teleconference at the same hour.  I'm not sure if the meetings are the same or separate for the reps.
Things are way worse for AB than they are allowing the public to know.  I got this info from a person I know that orders for a bar.  His rep told him this a short time ago.

I wonder if it's the official death of Bud Light?

Congrats to all.  I'm doing my part too.  I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  Not anymore...or ever again under any circumstances.
View Quote

Consider avoiding all the other brands owned by Anheuser-Busch too.    

You can find a nice graphic online showing them all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I figured out a Harvard degree was of negative value about 5 years ago.  Unless you goal is to bring in an insider at the upper level from The Hunger Games (which sometimes IS thr goal), you circular file and move on.  Not a good education, and very broken ideologically.  If you want a solid cost effective professional team member to do thier job well, stay the fuck away from shit like Wharton and Harvard anywhere on that resume.  Even Federal judiciaries are figuring that out - refusing to take similar ivy league damaged goods, as they are shitty workers with broken philosophy who don't do their jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wharton school of business and Harvard.......pay attention!  One of your graduates took a 4.6 BILLION DOLLAR iconic American beer brand, applied her woke ideology you instilled in her, and sank it with a single ad.  

I figured out a Harvard degree was of negative value about 5 years ago.  Unless you goal is to bring in an insider at the upper level from The Hunger Games (which sometimes IS thr goal), you circular file and move on.  Not a good education, and very broken ideologically.  If you want a solid cost effective professional team member to do thier job well, stay the fuck away from shit like Wharton and Harvard anywhere on that resume.  Even Federal judiciaries are figuring that out - refusing to take similar ivy league damaged goods, as they are shitty workers with broken philosophy who don't do their jobs.

I strongly agree with the highlighted sentence, and it is widespread, not just limited to Harvard.

The ideological beliefs they receive in these Universities are especially damaging because they don't reflect reality -- they reflect what the woke wish reality would be.   This results in delusion - which is going to inevitably cause problems for them (and the companies they work for).

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Who in there right mind thought, let's get this freak to advertise for us? Surely this will appeal to beer drinkers.

Veiw at your own risk because it makes me want to puke.

[youtube]shorts/Ld5ySuUPBAY[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another fine reason to continue not buying it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll go jump on robinhood and buy a share then,   that fucker will be to $1 inside a month
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It'd be funny in that scenario if Trump bought it.  Imagine the turn around in sales and how butthurt it'd make the left.
View Quote
Or Trump/Musk partnership. Good gawd, their ads would be epic! Can't even imagine what they would be like. Maybe some creative minds here in GD?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think one of the lessons here is that telling people to boycott and why doesn't work.

Everybody deciding at once "fuck those fuckers" does work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the first time we've truly employed our economic power as a team. I like the results so far, and we're not done.

We should do this more often. And by that I mean all the fucking time.

Boycotts work. If the people who actually have the money employ them.
I think one of the lessons here is that telling people to boycott and why doesn't work.

Everybody deciding at once "fuck those fuckers" does work.

So revolution can't be formulated and organized like a community rummage sale; it must arise spontaneously and be fueled by the convictions of the oppressed.

Somebody famous probably said something to that effect at some time in the past.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
AB isn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. They are not in tune with America in the least. It took a lot of arrogance to kick off that campaign. Such an attitude is going to die an ugly death before they get humble.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

“iconic American”

Destroy anything that’s an American icon is the agenda.
There’s no counter party to this agenda.
That is what’s really interesting you can’t point fingers at the Dems and say they did this alone.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So, I'm curious.  How committed are you guys?    If they run sales back to 1989 prices, are you gonna stack it deep?       Or will you abstain, no matter how low it goes?
View Quote
LOL.  Didn't drink that yak piss in 89, won't drink it now, or in the future.  Doesn't matter what they say or do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are also describing indoor arena soccer (MASL), which hardly anyone watches, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think it’s a trend at this point.

I found out this weekend that some serious blue collar drinkers I know that they have stopped buying AB. They drink at least a case or two a week since forever ago. They’ve been drinking the same AB product for decades and I thought they’d never switch. They gave up that AB beer and found a regional light beer they like better. AB won’t ever be getting them back.

I was then in my local bar that has an attached liquor store. They’ve never been one to have product placement items. First, the waitress put down some new AB promotional beer coasters for us. Second, I noticed three pallets of various AB products taking up a good portion of the liquor store’s floor space with very clear promotional signage. My assumption from those things is their AB distributor is trying desperately hard to promote AB products, and might even be offering some really good incentives for bars and retailers.

Lastly, I know a friend of a friend that is a bartender for a very conservative dive/biker bar. According to what I heard, customers stopped ordering Bud branded beers but instead unknowingly ordered other AB products. The bartender apparently made it very well known they were still drinking AB beer by mocking the customers. He’s apparently got everyone away from AB products now.

The next quarterly report will be very telling.
View Quote

It would be cool if he posted a list of what beers AB/INBEV owns, so his customers could make an informed choice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I keep waiting on the stock to start to show a big hit, lost $4/share last week. And tomorrow is Monday……..

Cheers boys!
View Quote

I’m sure that they were delivering as usual until the past two weeks. We’ll find out  for sure in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who in there right mind thought, let's get this freak to advertise for us? Surely this will appeal to beer drinkers.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ld5ySuUPBAY
View Quote

She's spot on. Look at the Dylan's Nike sports bra TikTok. It's like he's portraying a showgirl caricature with this overly huge grin. If it actually were a woman doing it, you'd be wtf.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

At 5'9" that 202 was morbidly obese and the 178 is still chubby.
View Quote

Have you been hanging out with the emo crowd or are you transitioning? Below 178 would be for guys allergic to iron or addicted to skinny jeans.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I strongly agree with the highlighted sentence, and it is widespread, not just limited to Harvard.

The ideological beliefs they receive in these Universities are especially damaging because they don't reflect reality -- they reflect what the woke wish reality would be.   This results in delusion - which is going to inevitably cause problems for them (and the companies they work for).
View Quote
While partially true, it's not reality.
For over a hundred years, Ivy League colleges and more importantly their alumni, have been shaping their own reality. They have the money and the power to do so.
The real fools are those of us who work regular jobs and pay mortgages and pay car loans to feed the enormous money system they have created to siphon all the money out of our economy that gives them power.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ld5ySuUPBAY
View Quote

It appeals to the money lenders and the power brokers.  JP Morgan Chase, BoA, Wells Fargo, etc...
And Blackrock and Vanguard - the people with money to invest.  The people who use yours and my own 401k money to destroy our great way of life.

Are you sure this campaign will help us sell more beer?

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Have you been hanging out with the emo crowd or are you transitioning? Below 178 would be for guys allergic to iron or addicted to skinny jeans.
View Quote
BMI is geared to make everyone skinny and weak.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That version of the world is long gone.  Maybe 10% of the country would identify with that scenario now.
View Quote

Nah. And a majority of those that aren’t living it probably dream about it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I thought AB wanted to kick out their “frat boy” customers.  Shouldn’t they be celebrating their success?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Attachment Attached File

AB is practically trying to give the number one selling brand of beer in the US away with a $20 rebate.

That means the boycott has had much more of an effect than they are letting on. It also means that it's piling up and they have to move it before it goes out of date.

It's scared.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#43]
^^^^

I'm sure some will buy at the give away prices, but many still won't. They are in a bit of a pickle!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/440308/FwDw-yJWYAAXpuv_jpeg-2817406.JPG
AB is practically trying to give the number one selling brand of beer in the US away with a $20 rebate.

That means the boycott has had much more of an effect than they are letting on. It also means that it's piling up and they have to move it before it goes out of date.

It's scared.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/440308/FwDw-yJWYAAXpuv_jpeg-2817406.JPG

It's scared.

Has anyone been checking the date on stacks of cases / 12 packs / 6 packs to see just how close it is to the "expired" date?

I haven't been to a store in weeks, may have to just cruise through a store or two on the way back from the gym just to see if the locals are still buying.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

At this point, they could just park an 18 wheeler of expired beer near a homeless camp and give it away. It would be cheaper than shipping it back to AB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Help me with a modification of a phrase:

"It is better to have people think that you are queer than drink Bud Light and remove all doubt."

Effectively all the Bud like this now:
https://images.barrons.com/im-779610?width=639&height=426
  Hell, they done pissed off the homos by distracting themselves from the ad.  IDK who their target demo should be now. Homeless winos who don't care either way?

Maybe homeless would buy cheap Busch:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv9WS2VWYAEce5K?format=jpg&name=large

A mail in rebate could be problematic for homeless.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8L7AyWYAMptXH?format=jpg&name=medium

At this point, they could just park an 18 wheeler of expired beer near a homeless camp and give it away. It would be cheaper than shipping it back to AB.

Whats funny though is that would be bad for brand too..
"Bud light, the official drink of homeless schiizophrenic bums"

IIRC Harvard was about to play Yale in thier annual football game and went to the yale studen store and bought hundreds of t-shirts, hats, ect, and handed them to the homeless for 3 weeks prior. The town was LITTERED with people in Yale shirts looking like homeless people...
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#46]

$3.49 a case is sooo cheap!

If the store does not sell out super quick AB is so screwed over this.  A $15.00 rebate is insane but if close to expiration date it is understandable.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#47]
I was in the local grocery store on Sunday morning after restock. All beers were fully stock, and Bud Lite was at the normal price of $26 for a case of 24.
(Fort Worth)

Local pizza & pasta place said they have not experienced any decline in Bud Lite sales.

Upper middle class area.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Whats funny though is that would be bad for brand too..
"Bud light, the official drink of homeless schiizophrenic bums"
View Quote

Everclear and MD 2020 might sue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Local pizza & pasta place said they have not experienced any decline in Bud Lite sales.

Upper middle class area.
View Quote

Gotta deny there's a problem if you're trying (hoping) to get rid if your stock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was in the local grocery store on Sunday morning after restock. All beers were fully stock, and Bud Lite was at the normal price of $26 for a case of 24.
(Fort Worth)

Upper middle class area.

View Quote
Probably not a lot of steers in your area, huh?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top